• Please log in to reply
678 replies to this topic

#21 Fingulfin

Fingulfin

I Like Pi3. Do you?

• Hosted
  • 1,752 posts
  • Projects:Staying Alive.
  •  This place looks familiar. I can't remember why.

Posted 18 December 2006 - 09:14 AM

To be Honest, I've never looked thought about that...

I bet it is the "DelayBetweenShots" tag in the weapon code. It has a "min" and a "max" sub block, so be sure to edit both :p
Posted Image
--------------------------------------
"You look like a ghost of your former self..."

#22 Bart

Bart

• Network Admins
  • 8,524 posts
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Network Leader

Posted 18 December 2006 - 11:30 AM

Is there a universal code for the RATE of fire from all arrow-towers? (Cause they all semm to be equal?) I'd like to get rid of the machine gun like rapid fire rate, and change it to a more realistic rate...

just a side note: it's not unrealistic, because supposedly there are multiple archers in there :p

anyway, DelayBetweenShots should be it, yeah
bartvh | Join me, make your signature small!
Einstein: "We can’t solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."

#23 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  • Projects:BFME2 - Nazgûl's Special Extended Edition
  •  Veteran

Posted 18 December 2006 - 01:10 PM

;) Well, come to think about it I might check a bit more thorough again, but maybe I'm conceived about the fact that a fortress with several expansion towers have a fireing rate like machineguns cause they're so many? :p And how many people can you fit into those thin things (at least mordors) hehe

Thanks for the tip though. I'll experiment with the rate a bit and see if it works... :)

Next topics:
1) Is there a universal code for the fortressess and towers vision range and fireing range? In the mod I'm adjusting they're a BIT to far for comfort and they almost always start to fire at lairs far away... I'm almost certain one could adjust these in the separate factions, but there shold be a universal code as well?
2) The Eye of Sauron "spy spell" has its own unit ini, but what about other spy things like palantir vision and the crows (have I missed some?). How do one adjust their vision range? I'm trying to find them in specialpower and science?
3) This one is probably hard (or really simple) depending on how it's designed... The darn GLOW all unit weapons get from upgrades?: It makes them look like friggin jedi's and I would REALLY like to remove them ALL and replace with tooltip info stating upgrade - possible U think? I've looked into FX without result... :umad: I guess it should be where the same effect for armour is?

What you say 'o great mod masters... :p

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
"Do not come between the Nazgûl and his mod!"
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I S.E.E. YOU! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#24 zimoo

zimoo

Ecthelion of the Fountain

• Project Team
  • 2,009 posts
  • Projects:Lurking until the off topic begins...
  •  Guardian of the Books

Posted 18 December 2006 - 02:24 PM

3) Eahc unit has something similar to the following:

Behavior = SubObjectsUpgrade ForgedBlades_Upgrade
		TriggeredBy		= Upgrade_IsengardForgedBlades
		ShowSubObjects	= Forged_Blade
	End

Just remove (or comment) that bit, and the glow will be gone.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Playing games? Ah, you'll never be a good modder if you get involved in actually playing them!

#25 {IP}Sauron

{IP}Sauron

title available

• Hosted
  • 391 posts
  •  Istari Productions Leader

Posted 18 December 2006 - 02:48 PM

the glow is not fx its a subobject attached to the object... its hidden and then that upgrade zimoo told u about over there shows the subobject... remove that Module like Zimoo said and it will disappear
"A still more glourious dawn awaits. Not a sunrise, but a galaxy-rise. A morning filled with 400 billion suns." - Carl Sagan
Posted Image

#26 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 18 December 2006 - 03:20 PM

and if you want the forge blade upgrade to stil work...

Behavior = SubObjectsUpgrade ForgedBlades_Upgrade
		TriggeredBy		= Upgrade_IsengardForgedBlades
;		ShowSubObjects	= Forged_Blade
	End
comment out that part....

or wait, am I all the way far away now? :p

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#27 zimoo

zimoo

• Project Team
  • 2,009 posts
  •  Guardian of the Books

Posted 18 December 2006 - 03:33 PM

Actually that has nothing to do with anything Lauri :umad:. It is a completely different module that actually grants the higher damage :p
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Playing games? Ah, you'll never be a good modder if you get involved in actually playing them!

#28 Phil

Phil

Force Majeure

• Network Leaders
  • 7,976 posts
  • Projects:Revora, C&C:Online
  •  Thought Police
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Network Leader
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 18 December 2006 - 06:55 PM

1) Is there a universal code for the fortressess and towers vision range and fireing range? In the mod I'm adjusting they're a BIT to far for comfort and they almost always start to fire at lairs far away... I'm almost certain one could adjust these in the separate factions, but there shold be a universal code as well?

Go find the different ini files. Look for VisionRange and ShroudClearingRange and also the weapon the towers use. I think all the vision ranges use one macro (gamedata.ini reference) per faction, so you'd have to edit all of them. You might have more luck with the range... go check the weapon of the towers in weapon.ini and look for AttackRange, which probably also uses a macro. No idea if it's one per tower type or one per faction and tower. Good luck anyway :p

revorapresident.jpg
My Political Compass

Sieben Elefanten hatte Herr Dschin
Und da war dann noch der achte.
Sieben waren wild und der achte war zahm
Und der achte war's, der sie bewachte.

#29 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 22 December 2006 - 09:55 AM

the glow is not fx its a subobject attached to the object... its hidden and then that upgrade zimoo told u about over there shows the subobject... remove that Module like Zimoo said and it will disappear

Wait, so if I remove that part of subobjects for all the different factions upgrades (the forged blades), then it will remove the glow but NOT the upgrade itself? <^_^ I hope I got that right - dont wanna mess up the actual upgrade, just the lok of it ;)

Would that be 4 files or more? I mean is there a difference between forged blades for say Uruks and for Berzerkers???

Go find the different ini files. Look for VisionRange and ShroudClearingRange and also the weapon the towers use. I think all the vision ranges use one macro (gamedata.ini reference) per faction, so you'd have to edit all of them. You might have more luck with the range... go check the weapon of the towers in weapon.ini and look for AttackRange, which probably also uses a macro. No idea if it's one per tower type or one per faction and tower. Good luck anyway :unsure:

I adjusted VisionRange and ShroudClearingRange of all the fortresses now (logic says the vision range should determine their ability to shoot far, and shroud their ability to clear the dark surroundings, right?), but I'm not sure how to find the corresponding codes for their weapons in the weapon.ini? Or do you mean the stand alone towers? (Not those connected to the fortress?)

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#30 zimoo

zimoo

• Project Team
  • 2,009 posts
  •  Guardian of the Books

Posted 22 December 2006 - 11:40 AM

If you remove the code I posted then the glow will be gone, but the unit will still be upgradeable.

For your second part, go into the fortresses object ini, then search for WeaponSet. It should have a weapon defined there (probably ElvenFortressWeapon or something). Go into weapon.ini and search for that.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#31 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 22 December 2006 - 03:36 PM

Thanks ;)

They are:
GONDOR_STRUCTURE_ARCHER_RANGE

and
KEEP_ARCHER_RANGE

in gamedata.ini
------------------

New topic:

I have added the Elven Guard from that famous mini mod with the same name... I've polished unit icons, pictures and tooltips, but there MUST be a way to alter the units from showing burning arrow heads when they're actually using silverthorn arrows?

The unit works fine otherwise, but I can't seem to alter the fire to the litle blue effect indicating silverthornupgrade.... I've looked at the other archers from the elven factions, but the code seems to be the same? What could be wrong? :)

Edited by Nazgûl, 22 December 2006 - 03:38 PM.

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#32 zimoo

zimoo

• Project Team
  • 2,009 posts
  •  Guardian of the Books

Posted 22 December 2006 - 03:39 PM

That silverthorn effect is done through modeling. My suggestion (completely untested), would be to give the unit a texture upgrade, which replaces the fire effect (exfiretorchseq.tga) with the silverthorn efect (exminerlight.tga).

That may create the desired effect.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#33 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 22 December 2006 - 09:33 PM

In other words, it would be easier to have them shoot fire arrows instead :)

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#34 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 23 December 2006 - 03:01 AM

That silverthorn effect is done through modeling. My suggestion (completely untested), would be to give the unit a texture upgrade, which replaces the fire effect (exfiretorchseq.tga) with the silverthorn efect (exminerlight.tga).

That may create the desired effect.

Ok, I've looked at the possibility to change models, but that's waaay out of my league... I see the textures in FinalBIG but what to do with them? *lol* Somewhere something must tell the unit.ini to use a certain texture, but where could that be? ;) But I think I'll have them shoot firearrows instead like I said. It's still pretty cool, and maybe just a good balance to not making this unit to powerful, since they good with their swords too... :)

NEW TOPIC: Hobbit Heroes recruitable from thier own barracks...
(I didn't want to barge in on Thranduils thread, cause this concerns separate stucture too)
My hobbits are recruitable through a hobbit house (hobbitbarracks) given to the elves (from BFME2.5 mod)... They have no timers, and they're set like Treebeard to: "MaxSimultaneousOfType = 1" to avoid having several hobbit heroes (multiple Frodo's and so on). This making the button in the hobbit barracks go and stay gray as long as the unit lives (like Treebeard from the Entmoot). But... when someone dies, say Frodo, his only option to respawn is through the fortress, since other structures don't support respawn. The barracks will just re-create him as a level 0 (new Frodo). When respawned the correct way through the fortress, his icon turs gray again in the barracks... But (again) the problem for me is that I need to terminate the option to recruit him more than 1 time from the barracks, otherwise you could still pump out several Frodo's by creating a new ones in the barracks each time he falls...

So:
How do I get the recruit icon in my hobbit barracks to stay gray even after a hobbit hero falls, if it can be done at all?

:dry:

Edited by Nazgûl, 23 December 2006 - 03:10 AM.

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#35 Rob38

Rob38

Believer of Hope

• Hosted
  • 3,567 posts
  • Projects:Helm's Deep Last Hope
  •  One who is not afraid of new challenges

Posted 23 December 2006 - 06:43 AM

Actuallly, I still would like to know how to change to the silverthorn arrowhead. For the texture upgrade, do I just define it in a module? For example:

AddModule
	Behavior = GrantUpgradeCreate ModuleTag_UpgradeCostume
		UpgradeToGrant = Upgrade_GandalfWhite
	End
	End
	AddModule
	Behavior = SubObjectsUpgrade Costume_2
		TriggeredBy		= Upgrade_GandalfWhite
		UpgradeTexture	= exfiretorchseq.tga 0 exminerlight.tga
		RecolorHouse	= No
	End
	End

I tried this for my Rohan Elven Warrior, but all I get is the arrowhead flashes green every few seconds. Did I do something wrong?

signature_group1.gif

16821.png

#36 zimoo

zimoo

• Project Team
  • 2,009 posts
  •  Guardian of the Books

Posted 23 December 2006 - 12:15 PM

Probably not, that was completely untested, and meant to be an easier way to change it to silverthorn. I guess you could try and duplicate the effect through FX, but in the long run it'll probably be simpler to just edit a model (unless you're making a map).

About your question Nazgul, I can't think of a way off the top of my head. If it was only 1 hero you could have him grant an upgrade when created, which then triggers a new commandset for the barracks, but with all the hobbits that would get very messy.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#37 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 23 December 2006 - 05:51 PM

I guess the problem is that the skin for the ElvenGuard is from BFME1, and they didn't have silverthorn? :p Remodeling seems a bit to much work, I don't even have 3DStudioMax. But maybe I'll pay someone to fix that later on (this mod is taking great shape otherwise, so it'll be worth it, hehe)

About the hobbits - yeah, this seems like quite a big problem too (I seem to find weird ways that can't be fixed easily, don't I) ;) I guess I'll rethink this and make the HobbitHouse spawn regular hobbits only (like the inn), and move the heroes to the fortress only. Could someone tell me how to set CommandButton though, with these extra 4 heroes for the elves? I've tried commandcount 14 (from 10) but they end up on top of Elrond and the one next to him? I don't get it... :p

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#38 Rob38

Rob38

Believer of Hope

• Hosted
  • 3,567 posts

Posted 23 December 2006 - 07:49 PM

Yes it is through a map, but I'll see what I can do. I think I can get it to work, but it will take a little bit of time. I'll post the results asap.

signature_group1.gif

16821.png

#39 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 23 December 2006 - 08:16 PM

Great Rob, but was that about the arrows or the hobbits? *lol* :p

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#40 Rob38

Rob38

Believer of Hope

• Hosted
  • 3,567 posts

Posted 23 December 2006 - 09:34 PM

Sorry, it's for the arrows. For the Hobbits and the reviving problem, I can't help you a whole lot. Heroes are hard for me to work properly also, so I guess we both have the same problem then :blink:

signature_group1.gif

16821.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users