Celeglin

Silhouette of a Serenade

• Hosted
  • 2,468 posts
  • Projects:The Elven Alliance, Rhovanion Alliance
  •  T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 17 February 2007 - 12:06 AM

it indeed started off from that one but i edited it a great deal

Really? Mind letting us know how? No one here has been able to edit BfME II animations (well, most of them. Arwen's included) yet.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#22 jimiojoe

jimiojoe

War Mungerer

• Project Team
  • 491 posts
  • Projects:X-Mod, The Harry Potter Modification
  •  Advice

Posted 17 February 2007 - 12:13 AM

OOOHHH soz i got confused between jacks model and wills and the animation you meant, arwens one is the rolling one yes, didnt make it clear in a previous post i remade one similar i didn't edit it. - that actual screenshot is a single frame of the one i made, but the rest of it didnt really flow well,

i thought you meant like vieiwing it in w3d viewer nd stuff aswell.... yeh soz im kinda ditsy

yeah arwens animations dont show up. soz im kind of ...ditsy.

Edited by jimiojoe, 17 February 2007 - 12:27 AM.

Jimiojoe
A light from the shadow shall spring.

#23 King Thranduil

King Thranduil

King of Mirkwood

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 17 February 2007 - 12:36 AM

The Chinese guy's name is Captain Sao Feng. I looked it up on imdb.

Great work, I love it. Can't wait to see Davey Jones.

#24 jimiojoe

jimiojoe

War Mungerer

• Project Team
  • 491 posts
  •  Advice

Posted 17 February 2007 - 12:41 AM

The Chinese guy's name is Captain Sao Feng. I looked it up on imdb.

Great work, I love it. Can't wait to see Davey Jones.

thankoo.

Davey Jones i am going to work hard on for the next few days, i have a back up model i made quickly but i really wanna make him look awesome with his scorpion hand, tentacool hand, wooden leg and squidy beard. - AND TO TOP IT OFF - he has an odd shaped hat. ... bt im sure i'll be able to work my way around that

Thanks again for the Chinese guy info, but i think for now at least untill some better information/pictures and trailers come out he'll be left out of the mod. At the moment all i know is he kidnaps Elizabeth, He is a cunning man and has a ship called the Empress.....:/

Thanks!
Jimiojoe

#25 JEV3

JEV3

Mighty Armadillo

• Hosted
  • 719 posts
  • Projects:Game Enhancement Mod
  •  Coder, Skinner, Graphics, GEM Mod Leader
  • Job:T3A Chamber Member

Posted 17 February 2007 - 02:07 AM

Who'd want to kidnap Elizabeth? :grin: Barbossa did it at least twice!

Post your tech trees somewhere, maybe we can help you decide what is a good idea and what is... a better idea. Since we can't help with much else we'd love to have a good erm... 'debate' about your tech trees. :)

BTW, when you're finished with the mod, maybe you could port it to ROTWK, then you could have one compatible for both ROTWK and BFME2, that way you would get more players... ;) And I wouldn't have to keep switching the cd to go back and forth from BOG and this. :D

JEV3

PS: There was a guy asking about a Davy Jones model a while back wasn't there? Was he the one that gave you the idea? :p Of all the models someone could make for a hero, Davy Jones would be the most daunting... good luck!
He who bears skill but lacks effort, makes himself inferior to those who have no skill but try nonetheless.
Posted Image
Posted Image
"There is some good in this world, and its worth fighting for!"
J.M.J.

#26 jimiojoe

jimiojoe

War Mungerer

• Project Team
  • 491 posts
  •  Advice

Posted 17 February 2007 - 12:05 PM

Okaaayy then i shall put the tech trees up later on today on this thread probably and get all your wonderful advice ;)

yehh we probably will, when complete, try and import it to ROTWK because since we started modding we've found out more and more about ROTWK and now we wanna buy it... but we've done quite a lot and don't want to lose what we've done so far.

and yes i found the about davey jones model int he tips and tutorials area, and no he didn't give me the idea, what gave me the idea was watching the second film and seeing features i could intrigate into teh game, such as the Kraken (i knew i could edit the watcher), the heart of davey jones (could be the ring), seeing elizabeth throw a rock that went miles off target (can do through weapons.ini) and then SHIPS :O why not use this part of BFME2! Sooo yeh thats why :D

Yes i want Davey Jones to look awesome so a lot of hard work is going into him....with his scorpion arm, wooden leg, other tentacool hand, his beard, and his hat! (an oddly shaped one!)
Jimiojoe

#27 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 17 February 2007 - 02:11 PM

why would he get more players if he ports it to RotWK? I mean, you NEED BFME2 to play RotWK, and I really doubt that anyone has bought BFME2 to play RotWK ;)

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#28 Juissi

Juissi

AWESOM-O

• Hosted
  • 1,555 posts
  • Projects:Last Alliance modification, The Hobbit mod
  •  Forger Of (Last) Alliance

Posted 17 February 2007 - 02:57 PM

If you make that Heart into it would be awesome. I never thought about that kind of change. Really nice idea.

#29 Wolfenstein

Wolfenstein
  • Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 17 February 2007 - 03:04 PM

How do you intend on adapting the Ring power to your mod?
I know you said you were going to make it the heart of Davy Jones, and I think thats the best option, but how are you going to make it work?
Maybe there could be two items (the chest and the key) that you have to get in each map, that you have to bring together, and then that gives you the heart. That would compensate with the fact that Gollum would move around when he had the ring, while the chest and key would be in fixed places.
The one problem would be that Davy Jones is the one who carries the key all the time... so i dont know how to make it all work
Excellent mod ideas and awesome modelling by the way. Hope it works out.

#30 Bart

Bart

• Network Admins
  • 8,524 posts
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Network Leader

Posted 17 February 2007 - 03:25 PM

That would compensate with the fact that Gollum would move around when he had the ring, while the chest and key would be in fixed places.

the guy from the movie who loses his body all the time could carry it around
bartvh | Join me, make your signature small!
Einstein: "We can’t solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."

#31 JEV3

JEV3

Mighty Armadillo

• Hosted
  • 719 posts

Posted 17 February 2007 - 04:23 PM

That would compensate with the fact that Gollum would move around when he had the ring, while the chest and key would be in fixed places.

the guy from the movie who loses his body all the time could carry it around

LOL! When you kill him his head could go flying off somewhere and then slowly crawl away... ;)

Also, one question, why won't Bootstrap be featured in the mod? You afraid you won't be able to do the starfish and the barnacles just right... or do you just don't have a place for him. How 'bout a summon for Will? It would be cool if Will could summon "his twice-cursed pirate father"...
He who bears skill but lacks effort, makes himself inferior to those who have no skill but try nonetheless.
Posted Image
Posted Image
J.M.J.

#32 jimiojoe

jimiojoe

War Mungerer

• Project Team
  • 491 posts
  •  Advice

Posted 17 February 2007 - 07:22 PM

adapting the ring powers pretty simple, i could just simply replace the object model and the eva events names really, i think just off the top of my head, i did look at it some time back but im sure it won't be too difficult

at the moment i am thinking of just having the heart in a fixed place stealthed, or a random pirate to be running round with it.. I did think about having the seperate chest and key.....and we might still include it....the code to do that isn't difficult..... i'll talk to my mate about it, we probably will use the seperate things........its just where the key would be, but the more i think of it... that guy who loses his body wouldn't actually be too bad...he might just fit that purpose.... - thanks 2playgames ;)

bootstrap.....it isnt really his modelling.....but what kind of powers would he have? i mean we havn't even seen him fight so i'd have to assume he uses an ordinary sword, whether he is good with it we'd have to assume, i can't think of any powers really - if you can come up with some good ideas for this character let me know and we'll see if they can work out well

Im going to type up our current techtrees once i've had my dinner now. :D

Edited by jimiojoe, 17 February 2007 - 07:23 PM.

Jimiojoe

#33 JEV3

JEV3

Mighty Armadillo

• Hosted
  • 719 posts

Posted 17 February 2007 - 08:21 PM

I would think that Bootstrap Bill could be like the Angmar Sorcerer. We COULD give him a whip to fight with... :p

Powers like

"The Die is Cast" Where he randomly gets either +100% Damage and -50% Armor, or -50% Damage and +100% Armor, with different auras for either one

"You Owe Me Nothing" Where he loses lots of health but totally restores the health and recharge times of those around him...

"Five Lashes be Owed" Bootstrap uses a whip which produces a wizard blast type effect.

Choose one:

"Curse of Black Pearl" Bootstrap turns into a skeletal pirate and takes half damage. Name isn't very fitting though... Costs 500

"Curse of the Flying Dutchman" Bootstrap turns into what he is in the second movie and can go through water... Costs 1000

"A Pirate and a Good Man" Bootstrap keeps his normal appearance has a form of the Well of Souls ability that sorcerers have... Costs 1500

I hope this helps,
JEV3
Posted Image
Posted Image
J.M.J.

#34 jimiojoe

jimiojoe

War Mungerer

• Project Team
  • 491 posts
  •  Advice

Posted 17 February 2007 - 09:15 PM

------------------------------------------------------------------------
wow their actually some really cool ideas i'll talk to my mate about them and, well it looks like there is going to be room for a cool hero like this anyway!

For the last 3 i think it will be the 2nd or the 3rd, cause i think if im right he never actually got the curse of the black pearl, because otherwise when he was strapped to a cannon and became "Bootstrap Bill Turner" he would have survived and never needed to become part of Davey Jones's Crew..

But anyway whats the Wells of Souls ability that sorcerers have then because i don't have ROTWK - and what do you mean with the costs.... But i like the idea of "A Pirate and a Good Man" that was an idea i had about this character if any other things came up

Thanks for the help/advice it shall be greatly exploited :p

I think he'll be a hero on his own though, not summoned by Will, because that would make will too powerful...and it isnt really....well Will doesn't really have the power to summon somebody......and he'll probably have to be on the pirates side...hmmm

Okaayy Royal Navy Tech Tree Here i come:
(Where there is an asterix (*) the name for the object is subject to change.

Faction:
  • Royal Navy

Buildings:
  • Town Market - Primary income, can also recruit Townsfolk here.
  • Barracks - Builds infantry (Riflemen, Long-arms and Elite Swordsmen(At level 2)) Defensive tower added at level 3.
  • Stables - Builds cavalry (Mounted Riflemen and Mounted Swordsmen(At level 2)) Defensive tower added at level 3.
  • Warhouse* - Builds seige engines (Cannons) Defensive tower added at level 3.
  • Blacksmith - Research upgrades for land-based units (Leather Padding, Shaped Pikes, Additional Shot Rifles and Personal Training) Defensive tower added at level 3.
  • Shipyard - Research upgrades for water-based units (Flaming Ammunitions, Imported Woods, Sleeping Quarters [more upgrades to be thought of]) Defensive tower added at level 3.
  • Gallows - Send arrested pirates here to gain money from the East Anglia Trading Company, also scares off Pirates.
  • Health Camp - Heals nearby allies Defensive tower added at level 3.
  • Walls - Can be upgraded with Rifle-Towers, D.eployed Cannon, Assign Captain and Draw Bridge.
  • Fort - Royal Navy Fortress ([Upgrades not finalised]).
  • Outpost - A simple structure with the capability of 3 of 5 upgrades to create your own advantage point (Patrolmen, Lookout Tower, Hay Stacks, Small Health Camp, Assign Captain).
Units:
  • Townsfolk - Largely used for fodder, a cheap and weak group of townspeople with no particular skill (Melee horde).
  • Riflemen - Able to shoot long distances with extreme accuracy but can shoot one shot every clip (Upgrade for two shots before reloading - Ranged horde).
  • Long-arms* - Tough health and tough strength against cavalry (Upgrade to have advantage over structures - Anti-Cavalry Horde).
  • Elite Swordsmen - Tough health, armor and strength against everything. (Melee horde).
  • Mounted Riflemen* - Enhancement of the Riflemen, can shoot farther and are mounted, but weak against anti-cavalry based units (Upgrade for two shots before reloading - Ranged/Cavalry horde).
  • Mounted Swordsmen* - Enhancement of the Swordsmen, toggle a "Crush Line Up" formation, but weak against anti-cavalry based units (Melee/Cavalry horde).
  • Cannons - Basic siege weapon with tough health and armor (Siege Unit).
  • Iron Bearers - Weak defence and cannot attack, can arrest enemies (Takes a while).
  • Fishing Boat - Secondary resource gatherer (Using either farm area system or lumbermill system harvesting from water - Yet to be decided).
  • Rowing Boat - Transport ship, can carry the equivalent of 3 hordes.
  • Battle Ship - Basic battleship, armed with a crew shooting with guns and thus strong against land-based units (Upgrade for room to transport one unit/horde).
  • Heavy Warship - Elite battleship, carries cannons and thus strong against other ships and buildings (Upgrade for room to transport one unit/horde).
  • Armed Vessels* - Slow and dangerous, if too close they will explode causing an area of affect, flammable disaster (Upgrade for room to transport one unit/horde).
  • Repair Ship* - Repairs closeby ships (Upgrade for room to transport one unit/horde).

Heroes:
  • Will Turner - Strong melee fighter, can throw his sword, has a knowledge of structures and a pirate at heart.
  • Commodore Norrington - Strong melee fighter, Commodore of the Royal Navy, East Anglia Trading links and a hatred for pirates.
  • Elizabeth Swann - A weak but decepting hero, capable of seducing enemy powers and negotiating a way out of trouble.
  • Murtogg and Mullroy - [A possible hero to match Ragetti and Pintel - but probably won't be included]
  • Dauntless - Large hero ship, the power of the waters, slow, but strong in almost every other aspect.
The Pirate Faction will be added when i next have time... that took longer than i anticipated... - Enjoy!

A lil suprise.... but hmmm, what do you honestly think of the following model - im really not sure:

[See first post for pics]

- Much better scorp hand and green?......IGNORE THE WHITE BITS OF HIS UNDERCOAT SHOWING THROUGH they're non existent now but don't have time to make another picture

Edited by jimiojoe, 28 February 2007 - 08:26 PM.

Jimiojoe

#35 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 17 February 2007 - 11:35 PM

looking rather interesting :p

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#36 Juissi

Juissi

AWESOM-O

• Hosted
  • 1,555 posts
  • Projects:Last Alliance modification, The Hobbit mod
  •  Forger Of (Last) Alliance

Posted 18 February 2007 - 07:40 AM

Looks really good but may I give u some tips
Make his red hand little darker and detailed
Maybe make his jacket little greener, maybe little more like this colour
http://content.answe...tedavyjones.JPG
But very nice work with the model and hat and his beard... amazing

#37 jimiojoe

jimiojoe

War Mungerer

• Project Team
  • 491 posts
  •  Advice

Posted 18 February 2007 - 10:25 AM

okies thanksss its actually really hard to find a large, full body pic of davey jones from the films, i should really buy the film but i keep forgetting to... but yeh his scorpion hand definately needs to be darker your right and i'll see what the green-ness looks like!

Thanks!!
Jimiojoe

#38 JEV3

JEV3

Mighty Armadillo

• Hosted
  • 719 posts

Posted 18 February 2007 - 05:23 PM

Bill Turner WAS cursed, that was why he joined Davy Jone's crew, because he was underwater and couldn't drown.

Well of Souls: Sucks the life from selected units and heals nearby units. The units whose life were sucked out of them became barrow-wights under your control.

That is a really interesting Davy Jones model... Would it add too many more polys to make his tentacle beard seperate, and his nose thing, (the place where his nose should be) should be larger. Also, see if there is a way to texture his beard so that it is not mirrored because that makes him look kinda... Also isn't his hat supposed to have a brim?

Hope this helps,
JEV3
Posted Image
Posted Image
J.M.J.

#39 jimiojoe

jimiojoe

War Mungerer

• Project Team
  • 491 posts
  •  Advice

Posted 18 February 2007 - 05:41 PM

Bill Turner WAS cursed, that was why he joined Davy Jone's crew, because he was underwater and couldn't drown.

Well of Souls: Sucks the life from selected units and heals nearby units. The units whose life were sucked out of them became barrow-wights under your control.

That is a really interesting Davy Jones model... Would it add too many more polys to make his tentacle beard seperate, and his nose thing, (the place where his nose should be) should be larger. Also, see if there is a way to texture his beard so that it is not mirrored because that makes him look kinda... Also isn't his hat supposed to have a brim?

Hope this helps,
JEV3

ohh he was cursed... that makes sense and sounds familiar your right = hozah!

hmmm i dont think well of souls would really suit bootstrap bill turner all that well...

his beard is actually seperate and moves around while he attacks moves and stuff, those pics dont really show it all that well, and the beard isnt actaullllly mirrored when you look close up its quite different, again dodgy screens i have chosen..... his hat ...brim.....that would mean spending a while unwrapping the UVW and creating my own....................................:/

for the time being thats the basis of his model but probably closer to the release he will be edited with a better beard of tentacles and stuff - that nose thing is wider where ther eshould be room for his nose, i always end up changing things after i see the pics and screens i make of em...

thanks for your help :p
Jimiojoe

#40 Pixel

Pixel

• Hosted
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 18 February 2007 - 06:02 PM

Very nice work! Good to see someone has started a Pirates of the Caribbean mod again... Keep it up!

Edited by FlameGuard, 18 February 2007 - 06:09 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users