1143 replies to this topic

#81 Dalf32

Dalf32

The Ever-Willing

• Project Team
  • 1,923 posts
  • Projects:Beta Testing RJ-RotWK

Posted 05 September 2007 - 07:25 PM

yea but they ran lik hell wen it cam in the movies. and they really had no control over it, nor did it hav any sort of control over them. a ring hero must b able 2 LEAD and still mak sense.
ill admit it wuld b insanely awesome 2 c a balrog put on the ring and kill everything, but it doesnt make sense in this instance.

"A wizard is never late, nor is he early; he arrives precisely when he means to."

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#82 Allathar

Allathar

これを翻訳する

• Project Team
  • 2,752 posts
  • Projects:RJ-RotWK
  •  Greedy capitalist and cynical bastard.

Posted 05 September 2007 - 07:30 PM

In the books the Goblins didn't shit in their pants when the balrog came... I mean the balrog would never serve the gobs, but the gobs would serve the balrog. Still, as a maiar spirit the Balrog would make more sense than a Goblin Chief. And it willl be the coolest too.
It has been reported that some victims of rape, during the act, would retreat into a fantasy world from which they could not WAKE UP. In this catatonic state, the victim lived in a world just like their normal one, except they weren't being raped. The only way that they realized they needed to WAKE UP was a note they found in their fantasy world. It would tell them about their condition, and tell them to WAKE UP. Even then, it would often take months until they were ready to discard their fantasy world and PLEASE WAKE UP

#83 Black Dragon

Black Dragon

title available

• Project Team
  • 304 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 08:03 PM

It depends how you look at it, you could either look at the ring heroes as in line with the book/movies, which heroes would get the ring and use it etc, or you could look at the ring as a "key" to powerful heroes. It doesn't necessarily need to be the hero using the ring, but more of a faction using the ring to summon the power of another hero. But either way i'm happy.

Would be cool if the eye was a permanent hero of Mordor, but if you get the one ring then you can build Sauron.

blackdragon.jpg

#84 Dalf32

Dalf32

The Ever-Willing

• Project Team
  • 1,923 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 08:05 PM

watever, its not that huge a deal. and i trust rob's judgement either way.

"A wizard is never late, nor is he early; he arrives precisely when he means to."

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#85 Vithar-133

Vithar-133

Violent Gandhi

• Project Team
  • 1,975 posts
  • Projects:Existing
  •  It's not your skill, boys. It's your will. Ooh-rah!

Posted 05 September 2007 - 08:06 PM

I like Black Dragon's ideas. Especially the ring being more of a 'key' to unlock an uber powerful hero.

Edited by Megilaglar, 05 September 2007 - 08:07 PM.

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#86 Black Dragon

Black Dragon

title available

• Project Team
  • 304 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 08:13 PM

I'd just love to see the King of the Dead somehow, ring hero would be a great way to introduce him. But the current hero line up does look great

blackdragon.jpg

#87 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 September 2007 - 07:49 AM

Make horse archers that can shoot while riding and to not make them too OPed make them miss more if they do that.

#88 Black Dragon

Black Dragon

title available

• Project Team
  • 304 posts

Posted 08 September 2007 - 06:46 PM

Few suggestions:

Legolas:
-Knife Toggle: Give him the ability to toggle between knifes & bow as opposed to the Knife ability being limited

Galadriel:
I noticed that Galadriel, despite being one of the most powerful heroes since she was a decendant of powerful beings, that she is not powerful continually. Her meta damage attack is good but at times I feel disappointed with her other abilities. So heres a few i'd love to see.

-Passive Healing: Not sure if this is possible, but since the elves are healers, why not give Galadriel the ability to heal those nearby her continually. For balance reasons of course make this a Level 7 ability and perhaps remove the well spawn ability in place of this. If this is not feasable, then give her a level 1 athelas ability.

-Fear: Similar to the ring hero fear ability, but It would be great if the red fear rings did not appear but instead a loud sfx which would naturally show her power. Although i'm not entirely sure on this ability or whether a more elegant ability could be applied to her.

-Stealth (perhaps renamed to Walk of Grace): Ability for Galadriel to be stealthed or to stealth those near her. The ring she wore was able to conceal from evil so it would be very fitting. Also it would give more use to Galadriel as a supporting figure, as those that travel with her would be concealed. Obviously a high ranking ability...perhaps Level 9

Nenya's power was preservation, protection, and possibly concealment from evil

Where Gandalf is the strongest hero of Gondor I feel that Galadriel should retain her status as the most powerful of the elves. Currently it takes a long time for Galadriel to rank up, and according to wiki

It was stated in the book 'Fellowship Of The Ring' that she alone held enough power to destroy Sauron should the One Ring come to her.

This suggests that Galadriel should be extremely powerful without the ring also, obviously not as powerufl as Sauron but her abilities could be more useful.

Additional Elf Wizard
I'm not sure why, but a part of me feels like the Elves have too many heroes at their disposal.
Elrond
Arwen
Legolas
Haldir
Galadriel
Celeborn
Sam
Thrandil
Glorfindel
Elronds Son
Elrdons Son
Wizard (forgot his name)

I think that the additional elf wizard should be removed or make him an elite character built from the baraks. Simply because it just feels like the elves have many heroes when you compare to Isengard/Angmar. I love the hero however, a wizard like character that wields two blades etc, but I dont see how he fits in as a hero. So just a small suggestion to remove him or move him to be an elite unit.

blackdragon.jpg

#89 fehik

fehik
  • Project Team
  • 207 posts

Posted 08 September 2007 - 08:02 PM

He is Cirdan, but he's not a wizard, he is the shipwright of the Gray Heavens.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#90 Dalf32

Dalf32

The Ever-Willing

• Project Team
  • 1,923 posts

Posted 08 September 2007 - 10:50 PM

cirdan def needs 2 stay in. and he isnt a wizard, he just uses the CaH wizard skin. im sure that will b changed as soon as rob gets another skin neways so hes gotta stay.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#91 Black Dragon

Black Dragon

title available

• Project Team
  • 304 posts

Posted 08 September 2007 - 11:37 PM

Ah yes I know him now...thought he was a made up hero. Hmm, he is cool, I just think theres a bit too many heroes. Ingame I noticed some of the hero icons dont show up, once you've built all heroes and an eagle from a fortress...if you summon the 2 eagles with the spellbook, you cant see the eagle icons because theres too many (including the idle worker)

blackdragon.jpg

#92 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  • Projects:RJ RotWK, Twilight of the Republic, HDLH
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Global Moderator
  • Donated

Posted 09 September 2007 - 01:07 PM

id say theres probly at least a 60% chance cirdan will be moved to arnor :)

yodasig2.png
My political compass
There's a story that the grass is so green...what did I see? Where have I been?

#93 Black Dragon

Black Dragon

title available

• Project Team
  • 304 posts

Posted 15 September 2007 - 12:52 PM

Some more suggestions:

EVIL MEN SPELLBOOK POWERS

-Deserts of the East - Level 5 Power
A tainted land FX which covers a small area in desert. Evil men units gain an increase to armor and speed passing over the desert land. Enemy units are slowed down if they are caught in the area of effect.

-Easterlings March - Level 5 Power
Similar to the warchant ability. Using yellow ringed FX as opposed to red and with a unique SFX. Men of the East gain a boost to speed as opposed to damage increase allowing them to advance on enemy positions quickly.

-Scouts of the East - Level 5 Power
Summons 2 Harradrim scouts which are stealthed who can uncover terrain and spy on enemy forces. They move stealthed and possess weak armor and do little damage as they are controlled and moved individually.

-Sandstorm - Level 10 Power
Like the Elven Fog ability however with a sand appearance. Units caught in the area suffer decreased visability and accuracy. Evil men increase in damage and armor or line of sight also.

-Calvery Summon - Level 10 Power
Summons two calvery hordes to the battlefield.

-Blue Wizards Might - Level 10 Power (Passive)
The two blue wizards gain access to their abilities, granting them powers. OR, the blue wizards gain faster regeneration of powers.

-Burn the Trees - Level 10 Power
A small radius power which sets any trees in the area aflame. This helps to root out stealthed units and also damages any enemy units passing through the flames.

-Blood Lightning - Level 15 Power
Several bolts of red lightning plague an area of the land. Inspired by the Elvenstar power seen here . Elvenstar is also converted to BFME2 which makes it very likely you could acquire this power with permission.

-Summon Sorcerers - Level 15 Power
Summons 3 Sorcerers to the battle who can use their abilities to support the men of the East.

-Scorch the Land - Level 15 Power
A wide area of land is set alight which damages units passing through it. Using a similar radius as tainted land, a battallion of gondor soldiers for example who pass through the flames would take 40% damage and die if they linger in too long.

-March of the Mumakil - Level 25 Power
Three mumakil are summoned onto the battlefield for unlimited duration until they die.

-Wind of Death - Level 25 Power
Using the tornado FX the wind of death plays a daunting SFX as it quickly wizzes across the landscape
damaging anything caught in its path. Red lightning accompanies the black tornado.

HERO POWERS

Shelob Power

-WebSpringer
Shelob gains the ability to freeze a group of units in place with a strong web. Using the spiderling summon FX, the spider texture is applied to the ground (a bit like how Tainted land does) and freezes units in place for a short duration. Level 10 Power

-Thorns of Mordor - Perhaps give it to one of the Ringwraiths or make it a Spellbook power
A tainted land effect, thorns cover a small radius which slow down any units trapped in them and slowly
damage them due to the sharp thorns. In the books Frodo & Sam struggled to cross Mordor to Mount Doom due to sharp thorns and rocks. Rather than offering a bonus to armor & damage, this effect will slow units.

Gandalf
One of the things I think could be done with Gandalf is to distinguish him from Gandalf the Grey to Gandalf the white in terms of his abilities. This would also require that a technology be purchased from the Fortress OR use the spell book power which makes Gandalf into the White Wizard. However, Gandalf the grey will possess different powers to Gandalf the white which illustrate his change.

-Gandalf the Grey-
Level 1: Wizard Blast: Standard wizard blast

Level 3: Shield Bubble: Ability to toggle gandalfs shield bubble which makes him protected for 30sec

Level 7: Firework Strike: In place of beam of light, Gandalf can fire a firework which blasts back enemies (using either the fireball FX or the dragon burst FX with its own firework SFX and recoloring)

Level 10: Word of Fear: Gandalf raises his staff and yells "YOU SHALL NOT PASS". All enemies near him are frozen in fear for a short duration (similar to the horn of gondor but a wider area of effect)

When the White Wizard technology is purchased, if Gandalf dies he comes back with the white wizard abilities.

Boromir
Last stand ability, many mods have this and its cool and fitting. At level 10 Bormomir can cling on to his life and can fight on until death takes him.

Mounted Heroes
-Aragorn & Legolas could be able to mount a horse. Of course they will require a spare power slot to toggle this but it would fit from parts of the movies...but I dont consider this that important just an extra feature. Gimli could also ride with Legolas if this was done.

-Hobbits can mount with Eomer & Eowyn
-Hobbits can mount treebeard (yes taken from the SEE mod but its a cool feature)

Game Tweak
This is driven me crazy forever, the additional stances in the game could be tweaked to be more useful...especially for archers. Is it possible to tweak the GUARD stance so that archers will fire from their location without ever moving if they are able to do so. Right now, Guard stance fixes them in place and they dont seem to fire on anyone that is in range. Also, archers on walls such as HELMS DEEP always run from their location in the Defence stance which makes things very annoying and tedious.

blackdragon.jpg

#94 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Donated

Posted 15 September 2007 - 01:12 PM

Some more suggestions:

EVIL MEN SPELLBOOK POWERS

-Deserts of the East - Level 5 Power
A tainted land FX which covers a small area in desert. Evil men units gain an increase to armor and speed passing over the desert land. Enemy units are slowed down if they are caught in the area of effect.
>>I like this :D

-Easterlings March - Level 5 Power
Similar to the warchant ability. Using yellow ringed FX as opposed to red and with a unique SFX. Men of the East gain a boost to speed as opposed to damage increase allowing them to advance on enemy positions quickly.
>>Maybe, but would it work on harad units?

-Scouts of the East - Level 5 Power
Summons 2 Harradrim scouts which are stealthed who can uncover terrain and spy on enemy forces. They move stealthed and possess weak armor and do little damage as they are controlled and moved individually.
>>Why don't you make it scouts of the south, since its harad?

-Sandstorm - Level 10 Power
Like the Elven Fog ability however with a sand appearance. Units caught in the area suffer decreased visability and accuracy. Evil men increase in damage and armor or line of sight also.
I like this too. all units should suffere a little damage maybe though, and rhun and harad would be stealthed.

-Calvery Summon - Level 10 Power
Summons two calvery hordes to the battlefield.
>>Replace this with unite the kingdoms, or w/e robs calling it. you left it out, and this is a pretty generic power.

-Blue Wizards Might - Level 10 Power (Passive)
The two blue wizards gain access to their abilities, granting them powers. OR, the blue wizards gain faster regeneration of powers.
>>Yeah, faster regen i would say. maybe increase in health and damage

-Burn the Trees - Level 10 Power
A small radius power which sets any trees in the area aflame. This helps to root out stealthed units and also damages any enemy units passing through the flames.
>>Too much like your 15pp. maybe change it to devastation, but the ground burns? idk...

-Blood Lightning - Level 15 Power
Several bolts of red lightning plague an area of the land. Inspired by the Elvenstar power seen here . Elvenstar is also converted to BFME2 which makes it very likely you could acquire this power with permission.
>>That would be cool

-Summon Sorcerers - Level 15 Power
Summons 3 Sorcerers to the battle who can use their abilities to support the men of the East.
>> :p

-Scorch the Land - Level 15 Power
A wide area of land is set alight which damages units passing through it. Using a similar radius as tainted land, a battallion of gondor soldiers for example who pass through the flames would take 40% damage and die if they linger in too long.
>>Larger than tainted land i would say, but maybe im remembering how big it is incorrectly.

-March of the Mumakil - Level 25 Power
Three mumakil are summoned onto the battlefield for unlimited duration until they die.
>>Yeah, robs doing this.

-Wind of Death - Level 25 Power
Using the tornado FX the wind of death plays a daunting SFX as it quickly wizzes across the landscape
damaging anything caught in its path. Red lightning accompanies the black tornado.
>>I would rather see a huge hurricane, with random lightning bolts everywhere, but this is good too :)

HERO POWERS

Shelob Power

-WebSpringer
Shelob gains the ability to freeze a group of units in place with a strong web. Using the spiderling summon FX, the spider texture is applied to the ground (a bit like how Tainted land does) and freezes units in place for a short duration. Level 10 Power

-Thorns of Mordor - Perhaps give it to one of the Ringwraiths or make it a Spellbook power
A tainted land effect, thorns cover a small radius which slow down any units trapped in them and slowly
damage them due to the sharp thorns. In the books Frodo & Sam struggled to cross Mordor to Mount Doom due to sharp thorns and rocks. Rather than offering a bonus to armor & damage, this effect will slow units.

Gandalf
One of the things I think could be done with Gandalf is to distinguish him from Gandalf the Grey to Gandalf the white in terms of his abilities. This would also require that a technology be purchased from the Fortress OR use the spell book power which makes Gandalf into the White Wizard. However, Gandalf the grey will possess different powers to Gandalf the white which illustrate his change.

-Gandalf the Grey-
Level 1: Wizard Blast: Standard wizard blast

Level 3: Shield Bubble: Ability to toggle gandalfs shield bubble which makes him protected for 30sec

Level 7: Firework Strike: In place of beam of light, Gandalf can fire a firework which blasts back enemies (using either the fireball FX or the dragon burst FX with its own firework SFX and recoloring)

Level 10: Word of Fear: Gandalf raises his staff and yells "YOU SHALL NOT PASS". All enemies near him are frozen in fear for a short duration (similar to the horn of gondor but a wider area of effect)

When the White Wizard technology is purchased, if Gandalf dies he comes back with the white wizard abilities.
>>Gandalf has a power with the other good heros that makes him white. he also has bubble shield back, but you cant activate at will. he just gets damage and recharge increase now i think.

Boromir
Last stand ability, many mods have this and its cool and fitting. At level 10 Bormomir can cling on to his life and can fight on until death takes him.
>>Yeah, id rather see something original though. cant think of what though ;)

Mounted Heroes
-Aragorn & Legolas could be able to mount a horse. Of course they will require a spare power slot to toggle this but it would fit from parts of the movies...but I dont consider this that important just an extra feature. Gimli could also ride with Legolas if this was done.
>>That would make them very op i think, theyre good as they are.

-Hobbits can mount with Eomer & Eowyn
-Hobbits can mount treebeard (yes taken from the SEE mod but its a cool feature)

Game Tweak
This is driven me crazy forever, the additional stances in the game could be tweaked to be more useful...especially for archers. Is it possible to tweak the GUARD stance so that archers will fire from their location without ever moving if they are able to do so. Right now, Guard stance fixes them in place and they dont seem to fire on anyone that is in range. Also, archers on walls such as HELMS DEEP always run from their location in the Defence stance which makes things very annoying and tedious.
>>In progress for the archers :)

yodasig2.png
My political compass

#95 Guest_unamed_*

Guest_unamed_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 September 2007 - 09:38 AM

I like the idea of a new ring system. Personally, though, i would like to see the isengaurd fortress with walls as without the it doesn't give isenguard the right feel. They're supposed to be a construction and war machine.

#96 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 September 2007 - 01:42 PM

What about walls, have they been buffed up in this mod? because we all know how kinda weak they were in BFME2

#97 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Donated

Posted 16 September 2007 - 06:41 PM

yeah, robs gonna try to give mordor and isen walls as a fort upgrade in rj maps. and guest, why dont you try the mod? :rolleyes: walls have been buffed.

yodasig2.png
My political compass

#98 Uldimaras

Uldimaras
  • Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 08:14 PM

I got a suggestion about the one ring, I'm not sure if its easily duable, but thats it:
When a unit picks up the ring, it has an amount of time to return it to the fortress, if it was returned everything is as usuall. But, if the units has the ring for too much time, it becomes corrupted by it, attacking anyone who will get near it (that can be done by forcing them to join to creeps I guess). to avoid imbalance I think heroes should not be effected by the ring, or have a longer timer to return it.

#99 Dalf32

Dalf32

The Ever-Willing

• Project Team
  • 1,923 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 10:56 PM

i suggested sumthin lik that a whil bak in this thread, but i dont think its possible. rob is still gonna do sum work on the ring system, so i say we just c how it pans out.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#100 saumya

saumya
  • Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 23 September 2007 - 06:47 AM

I loved Playing the Campaign in your mod But why have u given the Gondor Soldiers and Archers Differnet Light Armour and Heavy Armour Skins from The gondor Spearman.The Soldiers and Archers Have A retextured Golden Heavy Armor while the Spearman have their Metallic armor that is seen in the movies .
Why dont u give the Soldiers and Archersthe same metallic heavy armour rather than Light Armour and give tham those Black haulberks for light armour

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users