• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  • Projects:RJ RotWK, Twilight of the Republic, HDLH
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Global Moderator
  • Donated

Posted 04 August 2009 - 02:29 AM

Clearly I was on shrooms when I was playing :p .

FRUITY

(For those who have seen the pick of destiny ;))

But yeah, I actually like the sound announcements. They help in a chaotic battle.

Edited by Yoda_, 04 August 2009 - 02:31 AM.

yodasig2.png
My political compass
There's a story that the grass is so green...what did I see? Where have I been?

#1102 Scryer

Scryer

title available

• Project Team
  • 565 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 05:49 PM

But yeah, I actually like the sound announcements. They help in a chaotic battle.

Well everybody is different. I'm honestly not going to push hard for not having some vocal announcements. It's not that big of a deal in my opinion.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#1103 Crahsystor

Crahsystor
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 01:52 PM

I don't know how much you all know about LOTR and beyond, but if you've read as much as I have, you notice there are certain thing very different in the games and movies from the way they are in the books. Two of those things are the colour of the Army of the Dead and the outer wall of Minas Tirith. The Army of the Dead is actually grey, not green. And the outer wall of Minas Tirith is actually made of the same black stone as Orthanc is. I, for one, would very much like to see these two adjusted to the book version. The army should not be too much trouble. Switch the green for grey and it should work. The walls I don't know, but if they're not reused for other maps, they could be done the same way. If not then one could copy the wall parts and rename and modify them perhaps.

#1104 Dant

Dant

title available

• Members
  • 937 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 01:58 PM

I'm really not sure whice concept this mod follower..the movie design was great and i'm fine with green Army of the Dead some concept actually make them pale purple color..and outer wall of Minas Tirith i'm not sure it been quite long since last time i play RJ mod.

well should vote for modify Army of the Dead..but i'm fine with original one :shiftee2:
Posted Image

#1105 Guest_exile232_*

Guest_exile232_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 August 2009 - 08:24 AM

i was wondering if u where going to add any thing to the CaH like a ranger class just a suggestion
never posted on a fourm much before

#1106 Dant

Dant

title available

• Members
  • 937 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 12:36 PM

I don't sure about adding more stuff to CaH the goal of this mod is adding brand news three faction and revamp original faction also revamp campaign and adding more mission for it also new camera system..but i believe you can find new stuff for CaH on RC mod. :lol:
Posted Image

#1107 Guest_exile232_*

Guest_exile232_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 August 2009 - 06:57 PM

i tried rc mod its a little weird tho. well i was just wondering thanks tho.

Rj and edain mod are the 2 best mods

#1108 Guest_caio492_*

Guest_caio492_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 August 2009 - 08:56 PM

Helo i am new here and i like to make sugestions about the rj mod
i am only sugesting to reduce the time of upgrades of the buildings and the heros time
and revival
sorry for the bad english i am brazilian :crazed:

#1109 Scryer

Scryer

title available

• Project Team
  • 565 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 12:43 AM

Worry not, Brazil rocks.

I definitely see what you're saying (oxymoron alert) but I think that there are other balance issues involved. I won't get into detail because I don't know the details (or at least how to write them), so I'm going to let someone else from the team jump in and describe the details :crazed: .
Posted Image
Posted Image

#1110 Xingdao Fan

Xingdao Fan

look to the Evening Star!

• Project Team
  • 588 posts
  • Projects:RJ-RotWK (BETA testing)

Posted 27 August 2009 - 01:34 PM

The buildings' leveling upgrade should definitely be faster and cheaper. Right now it is more worth it to actually train units.

xingdaofan-1.jpg

#1111 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Donated

Posted 27 August 2009 - 02:38 PM

Maybe a little faster, but I really don't think it needs to be cheaper.

Hehe, post 1111

Edited by Yoda, 27 August 2009 - 02:38 PM.

yodasig2.png
My political compass

#1112 Juli

Juli
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 11:56 PM

Personally, I think it´s time to move away (a little) from the Rock-Paper-Cissors system. It´s somewhat inflexible, and lacks logic sometimes. For example, let´s take Gondorian Swordsmen and Orc Archers. On the current system, the first gets owned by the later. However, a Gondorian Spearman, who has the same equipment as the Swordsmen (except for the weapon)... are magically more resistant to archers. It´s a little weird to say the least. Besides, it just does not make sense that a bunch of heavily armoured and shielded dudes get owned by a horde of crappy Orcs with bows. The Rock-Paper-Cissors system has some advantages, but in this case it is dumb. And I can mention you a lot of other examples...

My suggestion? There should be a Rock-Paper-Cissors system, but not THAT drastical. The counters for each unit should not only be set by each unit´s weapon, but also by it´s visual appearance (that is, armour :w00t:)

#1113 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Donated

Posted 03 September 2009 - 07:33 PM

That's not how it is atm...

yodasig2.png
My political compass

#1114 Juli

Juli
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 08:34 PM

Yes, there is... swordsmen get owned by archers, archers get owned by cavalry, cavalry get owned by pikemen, pikemen get owned by swordsmen... and everybody gets owned by heroes :good:

#1115 Uruk King

Uruk King

Lore-abiding citizen

• Project Team
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 10:04 PM

The mod is trying to move away from the rock-paper-scissors system, but it just needs more time before further progress is made due to Rob's absence.
I will remember Rhovanion Alliance, RIP .

Posted Image

#1116 Juli

Juli
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 10:19 PM

Not in the current version ;)...

Just kiddin´, I see your point ;) . I might start tweaking stuff around, just to see how´s the thing :good:

#1117 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Donated

Posted 03 September 2009 - 11:27 PM

At the moment it's waaay less rock paper scissors than the vanilla version. Archers are MUCH weaker to melee and both soldiers and archer are a lot weaker to trample.

If you get some soldiers next to the archers in the current version, they'll tear them apart.

yodasig2.png
My political compass

#1118 hollano

hollano
  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 08:33 PM

I just have to say that I love the mod thus far, and to some extent feel that my suggestions are somewhat unnecessary... But here goes.

My ideas are pretty much all related to Heroes as they're the units I enjoy playing with most.

Eowyn: I'd like to see her given some random skins, (much like Arwen) before she receives an armour upgrade at a certain level, and maybe an armour/damage bonus when fighting alongside Merry.

Merry: Armour/damage bonus when fighting alongside Eowyn. I would also like him to be given the option of having him become a 'passenger' to Eowyn and/or Treebeard - I think it's possible.

Hama: Mount ability - as the only one of the Rohirrim unable to mount, he seems out of place.

I'd also like to see Theodred as a hero for Rohan, even though I guess he didn't play much of a role in the books or films.

#1119 Dant

Dant

title available

• Members
  • 937 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 10:51 PM

I think Eowyn should receives new armour when it reach lv.10..or perhaps they should have upgrade armour to purchase at building,As for the bonus skill when she fighting along with Merry i agree with you. :p

Hama: Mount ability - as the only one of the Rohirrim unable to mount, he seems out of place.

Well although all Rohirrim should be able to ride the horse,we haven't see Hama on horse much..and i think he is perfectly without any horse..you could use him along with every infantry unit,I alway use him to defend the base. :grin:

Edited by Dant, 15 September 2009 - 10:52 PM.

Posted Image

#1120 Excuse_me_princess

Excuse_me_princess
  • Members
  • 146 posts
  • Projects:Black knightism
  •  Fanboy, maker of suggestions

Posted 21 September 2009 - 06:52 PM

I think Eowyn should receives new armour when it reach lv.10..or perhaps they should have upgrade armour to purchase at building,As for the bonus skill when she fighting along with Merry i agree with you. :p

Well although all Rohirrim should be able to ride the horse,we haven't see Hama on horse much..and i think he is perfectly without any horse..you could use him along with every infantry unit,I alway use him to defend the base. :p

Wasn't Hama knocked down from a horse before that warg did a number on his head?
Posted Image

"Is that all there is? ... no challenge? ... no resistance?"

"Fear...fear is the mind killer!"

"Don't see it as an obstacle, see it as an chalange!"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users