• This topic is locked This topic is locked
873 replies to this topic

#81 Gherrick

Gherrick

Drunken Bastard

• Project Team
  • 374 posts

Posted 12 June 2007 - 11:44 AM

As for badass looking Elves. Look...Noldor and Galadhrim already are looking that. Do you want light-armored Lorien or Mirkwood Elves to look like that? Pleaaaaaase... :p

Edited by Gherrick, 12 June 2007 - 11:45 AM.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#82 Blendor

Blendor

The Dwarf

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 12 June 2007 - 12:27 PM

Isengard: Ring hero: Saruman new powers
Do you have any suggestions to back your idea up?

Saruman the ring a hero's abilities:
1. level: Magic shove: two times stronger than the previous
2. level: Lightning blow: a lightning strikes down on a little area
5. level: Shield: 10 seconds inviolable
8. level: Blizzard: Quotes a big ice storm ravaging on an area
10. level: The power of the ring: Everything is destroyed on a big area

Cave troll of Moria abilities:

Level 1: Mace blow: Like that than Gloin ability
Level 5: Feeding: His designate enemy eating a soldier
Level 8: Chain blow: Strong wounding you are on the designate unit on a hero

Imrahil abilities:

Level 1: Leadership: For neighbourhood units +20% attacking bonus and +20% protective bonus
Level 4: Training: Experience acquisition for the neighbourhood units
Level 7: Gondorian watches' summon: 7 pieces developed Gondorian tower a guard's summon, sword and lance weapon change

At the elven ones if is two Galadriel will be the rings then. The proposal of mine that you are an other ring let him be a hero or let us withdraw it Galadrielt between the heroes, but it would be a good solution if is the ring Galadrielnek would be an ability of his like that then, that the usage of the ring. If in that direction we click him pulls the ring up then and obtains his new abilities. I gave a thought to this though Saruman.
I have a more brutal idea. If at the good ones is the ring we could not buy a hero then but a promotion. 10000 raw materials would be the prices of the promotion and the promotion would get into 50 dots yet. His strength would be two times bigger than the earthquake and trebly stronger than the earthquake.

Edited by Blendor, 12 June 2007 - 05:19 PM.

The Dwarf Blendor

Posted Image

[url=http://profile.xfire.com/blendor]Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

fav. mods:
Special Extended Editiom, Rj-RotWK, Wars of the East, Battles of Gondor. The Elven Alliance

fav. films:
The Lord of the Rings, Star Wars

fav, games:
Battle for middle-earth 2, Pro Evolution Soccer 2009, Rise of the Witch-King

Administrator of the official Hungarian bfme website :)

#83 Mordor Slayer

Mordor Slayer

SEE Marketing Manager

• Project Team
  • 1,424 posts
  • Projects:BFME2 - Nazgûl's Special Extended Edition

Posted 12 June 2007 - 01:25 PM

@ Sul: thanks for posting that! I was going to do it, but forgot about it because I had to start learning.

@ Gherrick: I don't think they look the same. The ones I posted for example (the action figures), are light armored, but at least not in colorful pajamas like the ones EA gave us. I mean, how can you become stealthed when you're wearing a red suit?They should be in gray and brown, and be wearing some capes/cloaks.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#84 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 12 June 2007 - 01:30 PM

Naz, you saw (in the player-made screens thread) when I used the two spells, the power worth 17 and the one worth 27 (?) for Mordor, both were asteroids of some form. That only knocks out maybe less than a quarter of the fortress's health. Is that statement accurate and how you want it, or does it needs a little rebalancing? :p

That sounds VERY strange casue I did a LOT of testing when balancing the "Devastation Powers"... For a non upgraded fortress (in this case Men) the BIG one (Rain of Fire) should get like 50-60% of the fortress health... The lesser one (Barrage) should do about 25-30% damage to the fortress health. Surrounding structures would get vaporised by the RoF and BADLY damaged by the Barrage...

If this is not so, something's wrong? It was a long time ago since I did this and even tested it (I don't play the game anymore, I just mod it). But... nothing has been done to alter what I did, so it sounds very strange... ANy other players that can confirm or deny this - Devastations Spells vs Fortresses!

PS, the pics you posted seem to show a tubling fortress though???

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
"Do not come between the Nazgûl and his mod!"
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I S.E.E. YOU! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#85 Sûlherokhh

Sûlherokhh

Sagacious Engineer

• Project Team
  • 3,754 posts
  • Projects:S.E.E., Sage A.I., Code Advisor
  •  'Axe'er of the Gordic Knot

Posted 12 June 2007 - 01:39 PM

@Mordor Slayer: Maybe you could talk to the guy who's stuff i posted. I don't have an account there.

@Topic(Elves): My assumption regarding the ElvenSwordmen/Archers is this. There are not many of them so they would be like drafted ElvenPeasants and the Elven equivalent to YeomanArchers. I'd really like them to look a bit like Elvish Farmers/Hunters. Also Lorien as well as Mirkwood boasted a large Avari population, led by a smaller Sindar elite (Mirkwood's royalty is Sindarin). The only Noldor were a few in Lorien, the rest primarily in Rivendell and Lindon.

LorienArchers/Swordmen == Silvan (Avari) 'Peasants' - Slightly earthen look

NoldorWarriors == Noldor, hehe. Nobility, warriors, artificers. The best of the best.

The Rest == Sindar, professional Sailors, Knights and Shipwrights.

Sorted like this, their skins and ingame equipment/abilites could be made to reflect this.

bannerreal01mittelit3.jpg
Axed Head and A.I. Coder for S.E.E. and ... stuff

".. coding is basically boring. What's fun is finding out how things work, take them apart and then put them together in ways that were not intended nor even conceived."

#86 clonecommand

clonecommand

title available

• Members
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 12 June 2007 - 02:09 PM

That last pic was a different fortress. The AI likes to build them, I like to destroy them :p
I've done it several times. All with the same outcome. Could it be using the powers at the same time? Check the screens thread for three powers at once ;)

#87 Mordor Slayer

Mordor Slayer

SEE Marketing Manager

• Project Team
  • 1,424 posts

Posted 12 June 2007 - 02:12 PM

@ Sul: Yes, I'll talk to him. It's my job, after all :p.

Edited by Mordor Slayer, 12 June 2007 - 02:12 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#88 Downfall

Downfall

Scenarist

• Members
  • 356 posts
  •  There is one?

Posted 12 June 2007 - 04:29 PM

@(Elves Topic)

Here are som rough (incomplete) skins of some of them...I have. Mind you I haven touched them in a long time. Your not looking for design purposes right now, but more of color purposes.

LORIEN ARCHERS

LORIEN WARRIORS

EDIT: I Know it should be in the screenshots part (I think), but the elves disscussion is in here. So that's why I posted them here.

Edited by Downfall, 12 June 2007 - 04:32 PM.

"Human beings make strange fauna and flora. From a distance they appear negligible; up close they are apt to appear ugly and malicious."
Henry Miller, Tropic of Cancer

Posted Image

Posted Image

#89 clonecommand

clonecommand

title available

• Members
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 12 June 2007 - 04:46 PM

They look good. Smooth out the edges, and they are pretty good skins.

#90 CapnAstroSponge

CapnAstroSponge

title available

• Members
  • 299 posts
  • Projects:Trolling the S.E.E Boards

Posted 12 June 2007 - 05:09 PM

I've got an idea that's going to be struck down within seconds of posting, but here we go..

Maybe, for more of a movie feeling, give Legolas and Gimli not only to their factions, but also to MotW, or even better, Aragorn and Legolas to the Dwarves. This would give dwarves more heroes, and give the game more of a movie feeling. I've seen other mods that did this, and figured it was a good idea.

I know, this'll get a no as soon as I post it, but I figured i'd post it anyways.
Posted Image

Never come between a Capn and his..uh..AstroSponge? No, no...Never come between a CapnAstro and his Sponge! Uh.....this doesn't work as well as the other guys names..

I am..

Posted Image

#91 Strider

Strider
  • Members
  • 190 posts
  •  Helpful Wanderer

Posted 12 June 2007 - 05:11 PM

Level 7: Gondori watches' summon: 7 pieces developed Gondori tower a guard's summon, sword and lance weapon change

There is no such word as Gondori. I believe the word you are searching for is Gondorian .

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#92 clonecommand

clonecommand

title available

• Members
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 12 June 2007 - 05:14 PM

No.

hehe just kidding ;)
I personally would not support this notion. I do not see (ha, never tire of that :) how it would create more of a movie feel?

#93 Uruk King

Uruk King

Lore-abiding citizen

• Project Team
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 12 June 2007 - 05:17 PM

I've got an idea that's going to be struck down within seconds of posting, but here we go..

Maybe, for more of a movie feeling, give Legolas and Gimli not only to their factions, but also to MotW, or even better, Aragorn and Legolas to the Dwarves. This would give dwarves more heroes, and give the game more of a movie feeling. I've seen other mods that did this, and figured it was a good idea.

I know, this'll get a no as soon as I post it, but I figured i'd post it anyways.

Nah. Theres' no reason for Aragorn, Legolas and Gimli to abandon their factions. You could always summon Legolas and Gimli replacing the tom bombadil power.
I will remember Rhovanion Alliance, RIP .

Posted Image

#94 Strider

Strider
  • Members
  • 190 posts
  •  Helpful Wanderer

Posted 12 June 2007 - 05:18 PM

Yes that idea is...to put it lighty, not a very good one. The factions are divided by race.

Also and new suggestion for Nazgûl: Currently Gandalf can't mount Shadowfax until a Rohan stable is purchased. Since Gandalf fought for both Rohan and Gondor could it be changed to Shadowfax can be used when either stable is bought?

Posted Image

Posted Image

#95 CapnAstroSponge

CapnAstroSponge

title available

• Members
  • 299 posts
  • Projects:Trolling the S.E.E Boards

Posted 12 June 2007 - 05:26 PM

Yeah, bad idea..

I think it should come from Rohan Stables, because in the books Shadowfax came from Rohan, if i'm correct.
Posted Image

Never come between a Capn and his..uh..AstroSponge? No, no...Never come between a CapnAstro and his Sponge! Uh.....this doesn't work as well as the other guys names..

I am..

Posted Image

#96 Sûlherokhh

Sûlherokhh

Sagacious Engineer

• Project Team
  • 3,754 posts
  • Projects:S.E.E., Sage A.I., Code Advisor
  •  'Axe'er of the Gordic Knot

Posted 12 June 2007 - 05:39 PM

I believe the Shadowfax was the best horse in Theoden's stable. When he was angered by Gandalf's meddling in his affairs, he sent him away with the offer to take a horse from the stables if that would make him leave more quickly. He was quite surprised when he discoverd which horse Gandalf had taken! ;)

Also i think it is quite cool to have Gandalf on foot alongside Boromir and Aragorn. In the standard game, Gandalf gets Shadowfax only at level 5. Either way you'd need some time to get him to mount. :)

Edited by Sûlherokhh, 13 June 2007 - 07:32 PM.

bannerreal01mittelit3.jpg
Axed Head and A.I. Coder for S.E.E. and ... stuff

".. coding is basically boring. What's fun is finding out how things work, take them apart and then put them together in ways that were not intended nor even conceived."

#97 clonecommand

clonecommand

title available

• Members
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 12 June 2007 - 05:51 PM

I didn't know that about Shadowfax! Cool ;)

#98 Strider

Strider
  • Members
  • 190 posts
  •  Helpful Wanderer

Posted 12 June 2007 - 06:06 PM

On fortress maps your starting resources is always 2500 no matter what you set it at, but you only get 2500 if your in the fortress. Your begining resources should be what they are set to.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#99 Garrison Nomad

Garrison Nomad

Bringin' in Da Boyz

• Project Team
  • 608 posts
  • Projects:Beta testing for SEE
  •  I'm in your closet...eating your clothes.

Posted 12 June 2007 - 06:16 PM

hello, i'm the goblin person mordor slayer mentioned. Once i get access to a scanner i'll show you the pictures i've got. I've got pictures for the goblin footman, mountain orc, and goblin archer. I had pictures for the reaper and the acolyte, but i've gotta redo them, because those particular pictures suck pretty bad. I'll probably get the pictures up later today. I'll post em here.
If I were you and you were me I'd have a different face.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
"The only real things are imaginary..."

#100 Mordor Slayer

Mordor Slayer

SEE Marketing Manager

• Project Team
  • 1,424 posts

Posted 12 June 2007 - 06:16 PM

@(Elves Topic)

Here are som rough (incomplete) skins of some of them...I have. Mind you I haven touched them in a long time. Your not looking for design purposes right now, but more of color purposes.

LORIEN ARCHERS

LORIEN WARRIORS

EDIT: I Know it should be in the screenshots part (I think), but the elves disscussion is in here. So that's why I posted them here.

That's fantastic! *Kisses Downfall* ;) ! That looks like something a real Elf would wear (unlike the weird-colored tunic EA gave them).

Edited by Mordor Slayer, 12 June 2007 - 06:17 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users