"EvilMen" faction!

• Please log in to reply
863 replies to this topic

#21 zimoo

zimoo

Ecthelion of the Fountain

• Project Team
  • 2,009 posts
  • Projects:Lurking until the off topic begins...
  •  Guardian of the Books

Posted 17 June 2007 - 07:22 PM

Fair enough Nazgul, it is your mod and you should do what pleases you. You made a topic for feedback, I gave you feedback.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Playing games? Ah, you'll never be a good modder if you get involved in actually playing them!

#22 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  • Projects:BFME2 - Nazgûl's Special Extended Edition
  •  Veteran

Posted 17 June 2007 - 07:26 PM

Np, it's all good =)

I just wanted to reply in the same manner you posted, cause sometimes you sound a bit like "Oh my GOSH, if you guys don't do it THIS way instead you're all morons!" ;)

I know you're not a schmuck Zimoo, but you once said "I often post in this or that way, but noone ever tells me to shut up" (kind of like that)... This is one example of when someone doesn't tell you to shup up, but someone that anwers back in the same tone you posted :p

Anyway, please all note once more - all this Evil Men faction stuff is just thoughts and not anything planned as of now =)

Edited by Nazgûl, 17 June 2007 - 07:27 PM.

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
"Do not come between the Nazgûl and his mod!"
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I S.E.E. YOU! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#23 zimoo

zimoo

• Project Team
  • 2,009 posts
  •  Guardian of the Books

Posted 17 June 2007 - 07:31 PM

I just wanted to reply in the same manner you posted, cause sometimes you sound a bit like "Oh my GOSH, if you guys don't do it THIS way instead you're all morons!"

Hehe, sorry if I come across that way. Personally, I couldn't give a shit what anyone does with their mod. I don't play mods anymore as there is nothing that I like the look of (except a few in-production mods/maap-mods ;)). I just try to push people away from clone mods and into unique territory :p
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Playing games? Ah, you'll never be a good modder if you get involved in actually playing them!

#24 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 17 June 2007 - 07:55 PM

I see ;)

Well... just because we (if we) would do this, I fail to see how SEE would turn into a clone of another mod, really... Buy hey. All opinions are welcome (as long as the tone is ok) :p

*noted*

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#25 Garrison Nomad

Garrison Nomad

Bringin' in Da Boyz

• Project Team
  • 608 posts
  • Projects:Beta testing for SEE
  •  I'm in your closet...eating your clothes.

Posted 17 June 2007 - 08:06 PM

I still wonder why everyone hates the goblins. i mean, EA's faction of them sucks, but Tolkien's interpretation of them is pretty awesome. If they got some serious work they could potentially be a very good faction...and even though i know zimoo hates the goblins and thinks they're just orcs due to every thread i ever posted in about them back when the community balance mod was going a while back, i still would like to see them put together well, instead of being abandoned like most mods do.

*COUGH*
If I were you and you were me I'd have a different face.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
"The only real things are imaginary..."

#26 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 17 June 2007 - 08:22 PM

I NEVER said I hated the Goblins, I just don't like some of their units... :p

But mostly I think they don't "deserve" a faction of their own. They are orcs, not an entirely different species... =p

And they wouldnt be scrapped, only MOVED! =)

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#27 Bruno62339

Bruno62339
  • Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 17 June 2007 - 08:31 PM

now that i think about it, it seems this mod is mostly about mordor, they have most of the cool new stuff. so giving them gobs would make them even more stuffed with goodies.
Posted Image
^Signature by Serated

Life sucks, then you die :)

#28 Hearach

Hearach

title available

• Project Team
  • 350 posts

Posted 17 June 2007 - 08:35 PM

I guess that makes sense when you look at the name of the creator :p

Personally I'd prefer to keep Goblins rather than see Evil Men

Edited by HunterGXO, 17 June 2007 - 08:35 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#29 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 17 June 2007 - 08:39 PM

now that i think about it, it seems this mod is mostly about mordor, they have most of the cool new stuff. so giving them gobs would make them even more stuffed with goodies.

You seem to forget what Mordor would lose... :p

- Corsairs
- Easterlings
- Harad Archers
- Mûmakil
and the structures connected to them

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#30 Sûlherokhh

Sûlherokhh

Sagacious Engineer

• Project Team
  • 3,754 posts
  • Projects:S.E.E., Sage A.I., Code Advisor
  •  'Axe'er of the Gordic Knot

Posted 17 June 2007 - 09:01 PM

I hate to interrupt but i seem to have lost a post in this thread. Has anybody seen it? :p I'd hate to have to repost the contents from what i remember.

bannerreal01mittelit3.jpg
Axed Head and A.I. Coder for S.E.E. and ... stuff

".. coding is basically boring. What's fun is finding out how things work, take them apart and then put them together in ways that were not intended nor even conceived."

#31 cahik_

cahik_

Sage engine ruler

• Project Team
  • 1,896 posts
  • Projects:Rhovanion Alliance
  •  T3A Team Chamber Member and Crazy animator

Posted 17 June 2007 - 09:11 PM

i think that if you connect together Moria and Gundaband you can get enough units for good gobbo faction. for example wolves, wolve riders and some though goblins from gundaband. removing Shelob and replacing it with goblin shamans and captains with random power would work quite good IMO.

check those links for some inspiration 1

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#32 Garrison Nomad

Garrison Nomad

Bringin' in Da Boyz

• Project Team
  • 608 posts

Posted 17 June 2007 - 09:15 PM

those goblins are too...orcish. I do like the idea of adding in gundaband, but i don't think goblins need wolves, and the redundancy is still there with isengard.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#33 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 17 June 2007 - 10:09 PM

I hate to interrupt but i seem to have lost a post in this thread. Has anybody seen it? :p I'd hate to have to repost the contents from what i remember.

I think this was your first post in this thread my friend ;)

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#34 zimoo

zimoo

• Project Team
  • 2,009 posts
  •  Guardian of the Books

Posted 17 June 2007 - 10:13 PM

goblins are too...orcish

Hmm? Maybe that's because they're the same?

i don't think goblins need wolves

Ever read The Hobbit?
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#35 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 17 June 2007 - 11:15 PM

:p
1) I fear this thread will turn into another heated Tokien debate...
2) The thread is not about what units we could ad to goblins, the thread is about whether you would like to see Evil Men as a faction instead of Goblins...

The votes say "yes", but the comments say "no" so far ;)

Side note: ^ we can't take things from RotWK cause of legal matters (yeah I know it's a bit redicilous really, but still a fact). This has been talked about and settled several times, but I understand that you don't know since you haven't been here for so long =)

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#36 Garrison Nomad

Garrison Nomad

Bringin' in Da Boyz

• Project Team
  • 608 posts

Posted 17 June 2007 - 11:26 PM

Oh, i see. Heh, knowing all the piraters that i do i shoulda figured that. If you could do that then i guess someone could easily make a RotWK hack, but then, i don't want anyone getting literally flamed over it. Point taken.

I personally think the goblins deserve a second chance, but hey, it's your mod. whatever you do, i'll still play it.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#37 Bruno62339

Bruno62339
  • Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 12:05 AM

You seem to forget what Mordor would lose... ^_^

- Corsairs
- Easterlings
- Harad Archers
- Mûmakil
and the structures connected to them

oh yeah, im stupid :D ........ so i guess im with the idea 100 percent, a new faction is always cool. :xcahik_:
Posted Image
^Signature by Serated

Life sucks, then you die :)

#38 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 18 June 2007 - 12:54 AM

Well, since Sûl is my lead coder and much better than me at coding, and since he's clearly not behind this idea, this will probably not happen :D At least not in the near future =p

I have two alternatives:

1) Leave this idea completely and continue work as it is, improving faction by faction, including the Goblins. Even though I've actually always thought of removing them since I don't, and never will, see them as truly "worthy" of their own faction since they're just orcs really. BUT it's not that big of a deal so I guess I can live with the way things are now :xcahik_:

2) Let us finish the mod according to plan ^ and when completely finished in 6... 8... 12 months or whatever, I'll continue work on this part myself, or with additional/new crew members that just like me would like to move all things Corsair, Harad and Rhûn into Evil Men =p

That would leave two versions of the mod... One "Sûl Cut" and one "Naz Cut" I guess... and why not?

We'll see where this ends ^_^

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#39 Garrison Nomad

Garrison Nomad

Bringin' in Da Boyz

• Project Team
  • 608 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 01:04 AM

maybe just keep goblins and add evil men? You could just do that at a later time. Maybe even make it an expansion for your mod, and add some new stuff for everybody. still, IMO i'm glad to see the goblins are most likely staying, and i'll contribute any ideas i have towards their improvement, and possibly even your approval.

Wow. That was noble.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#40 clonecommand

clonecommand

title available

• Members
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 01:23 AM

Evil Men units

Haradrim Swordsmen - Basic Infantry
Easterling Archers - Basic archers
Haradrim Archers - Elite Archers
Harad Tribesmen - basic Spearmen
Soldiers of Rhun - Elite spearmen
Haradrim Raiders - Light Cavalry
WainRiders - Heavy Chariots of Rhun
Mumakil - Seige/Cavalry
Umbar Balista - Seige
Hâsharin - Hero assasins
Coarsairs - support units
Easterling axemen - Best units for Evil Men

Heroes:

Suladan

*lvl 1) Mount
*lvl 1) Leadership (100% damage and amour for all haradrim units)
*lvl 2) Spear Throw
*lvl 5) King of Harad (Glourious Charge)
*lvl 9) King's Army (an army of Harad is summoned)

Mahûd Chieftain

*lvl 1) mounts mumakil
*lvl 2) Stampede Crushes all enemys in the mumakils path
*lvl 4) Tusker (similar to wizard blast)
*lvl 7) Trumpet (enemy units cower in fear)
*lvl 8) master of Beasts (XP to targeted Mumakil)
-
Xaradra

*lvl 1) Axe Master
*lvl 3) Climb Wall
*lvl 5) Pillage
*lvl 6) Throw Bomb

Sharikhan

*lvl 1)Toggle Knife/Bow
*lvl 2) Stealth
*lvl 4) Eyes of the Assasin (vision is increased by 80%)
*lvl 6) Poison Dart (Fires poisonous dart which cripples the enemy hero they take one heavy poison damage)

I really like those ideas...As a new faction would need production building, etc, and new units, it would be a lot of work. Although, BoG had some pretty sweet production buildings. I also hate Goblins for whatever reason, they belong as a mini-faction. Easterlings/Harad belong in a faction of their own.

Well, since Sûl is my lead coder and much better than me at coding, and since he's clearly not behind this idea, this will probably not happen :D At least not in the near future =p

I have two alternatives:

1) Leave this idea completely and continue work as it is, improving faction by faction, including the Goblins. Even though I've actually always thought of removing them since I don't, and never will, see them as truly "worthy" of their own faction since they're just orcs really. BUT it's not that big of a deal so I guess I can live with the way things are now :xcahik_:

2) Let us finish the mod according to plan ^ and when completely finished in 6... 8... 12 months or whatever, I'll continue work on this part myself, or with additional/new crew members that just like me would like to move all things Corsair, Harad and Rhûn into Evil Men =p

That would leave two versions of the mod... One "Sûl Cut" and one "Naz Cut" I guess... and why not?

We'll see where this ends ^_^

...And that would totally divide the two...Going seperate ways has shown that it means...well...going seperate ways, but totally.

Maybe keep Goblins, still make evil men faction (add a little more to Mordor), then make the jump and make Rohan a full faction. That would balance the good/evil factions and make a totally cool mod. And it also would have some basis on the movies...some...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users