• Please log in to reply
863 replies to this topic

#61 Servant of Sauron

Servant of Sauron

The right hand of Saruman

• Project Team
  • 258 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 09:35 PM

I'd rather see Goblins done properly than a new Evil Men faction.

The old world will burn in the fires of industry! The forests will fall! A new order will rise...we will drive the machine of war with the sword and the spear and the iron fist of the Orc! We have only to remove those who oppose us...

Posted Image
Posted Image

#62 Garrison Nomad

Garrison Nomad

Bringin' in Da Boyz

• Project Team
  • 608 posts
  • Projects:Beta testing for SEE
  •  I'm in your closet...eating your clothes.

Posted 18 June 2007 - 09:36 PM

so..maybe the poll should be reset, since people's minds have been changed.
If I were you and you were me I'd have a different face.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
"The only real things are imaginary..."

#63 m@tt

m@tt

#######

• Project Team
  • 4,056 posts
  • Projects:The Dwarf Holds
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 18 June 2007 - 10:04 PM

Lorien only aided Rohan in the movie, clone. And the Elven faction contains Grey Haven, Rivendell and Mirkwood units so having those three combine with Rohan would not right at all IMO.
Posted Image

#64 clonecommand

clonecommand

title available

• Members
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 12:14 AM

Lorien only aided Rohan in the movie, clone. And the Elven faction contains Grey Haven, Rivendell and Mirkwood units so having those three combine with Rohan would not right at all IMO.

I know :) I was just saying that Rohan never aided the ELves, so why should Rohan be in the Elves... :D

#65 Blendor

Blendor

The Dwarf

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 06:59 AM

maybe split the Goblins into 2 and give half to Mordor and half to Isengard. This way everyone has a minifaction except for the Evil Men, which we could figure one out

Gondor has Rohan
Elves has Hobbits
Dwarves has Dale
Mordor has part of Goblins
Isengard has part of Goblins.
Evil men has has ??

Harad has Rhun= Evil men
The Dwarf Blendor

Posted Image

[url=http://profile.xfire.com/blendor]Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

fav. mods:
Special Extended Editiom, Rj-RotWK, Wars of the East, Battles of Gondor. The Elven Alliance

fav. films:
The Lord of the Rings, Star Wars

fav, games:
Battle for middle-earth 2, Pro Evolution Soccer 2009, Rise of the Witch-King

Administrator of the official Hungarian bfme website :)

#66 Gherrick

Gherrick

Drunken Bastard

• Project Team
  • 374 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 08:35 AM

I don't understand how do you think one Shmitar will be different from another Scimitar...and how some will be for Goblins and some for Corsairs because I don't see your picture.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#67 CapnAstroSponge

CapnAstroSponge

title available

• Members
  • 299 posts
  • Projects:Trolling the S.E.E Boards

Posted 19 June 2007 - 02:39 PM

Whoah.

I'm gone for two stinkin' days, and we're already coming up with a new frigging faction? :p

Ok, time to get my two cents worth:

I like the sound of the idea, but it would suck for those who already play goblin. If we do what Uruk King said, with all those units, Evil Men may have a leg to stand on, which is my other concern. But besides all of that, sounds good. And it would make sense, seeing as that Haradrim joining Morder wasn't as much an alligance(yeah, I'm pretty sure spelling's wrong)as it was an assitance.

And since Evil Men is such a stand-alone faction with Uruk Kings' units list, it would make sense that they can get Goblins as their mini-faction.

So, yeah, I think it's a good idea, for whatever that's worth.

Either that, or redo Goblins so they aren't knocked down in two seconds.(But I like the sound of Evil Men better, myself)
Posted Image

Never come between a Capn and his..uh..AstroSponge? No, no...Never come between a CapnAstro and his Sponge! Uh.....this doesn't work as well as the other guys names..

I am..

Posted Image

#68 Taralom

Taralom

Self-proclaimed A**hole

• Project Team
  • 1,519 posts
  • Projects:Turned to Writing
  •  I R GOOGL'd

Posted 19 June 2007 - 08:14 PM

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO,
don't delete the goblin faction. it's a unique faction which is balanced with cheap goblin warriors versus the mountain giants and so on.

can't you make a new faction of Evil man and keep the Goblins??

deleting factions isn't good :blink:
If the above post offended you in any way,
please take note that, until further notice, I don't care, so get lost.

#69 Sûlherokhh

Sûlherokhh

Sagacious Engineer

• Project Team
  • 3,754 posts
  • Projects:S.E.E., Sage A.I., Code Advisor
  •  'Axe'er of the Gordic Knot

Posted 19 June 2007 - 08:50 PM

You should know by now that BfME2 only supports six ('6') factions. If one is to be added, one has to go. But maybe you should read the topic titles. Keeps the panic down. :blink:

bannerreal01mittelit3.jpg
Axed Head and A.I. Coder for S.E.E. and ... stuff

".. coding is basically boring. What's fun is finding out how things work, take them apart and then put them together in ways that were not intended nor even conceived."

#70 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 19 June 2007 - 08:55 PM

whaat, for real? :blink:
did EA really limit BFME2's faction's?

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#71 clonecommand

clonecommand

title available

• Members
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 09:17 PM

I can't believe that! There's got to be mods with six plus factions. The Wars of Arda is going to add 8 or something, and that's still BFME2 :blink:

Good two cents CapnAstro! :blink:

#72 adummy

adummy

Keep it Clean!

• Project Team
  • 1,760 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 09:22 PM

no, you can have more than 6. only 6 can have a create-a-hero :blink:
Posted Image

#73 Servant of Sauron

Servant of Sauron

• Project Team
  • 258 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 10:02 PM

Yes but create a hero sucks and should be dumped anyway.

Nice drawings Garrison. I really like them. Only thing is that the eyes weren't as evil as I would have thought. Other than that a great drawing though. :blink:

The old world will burn in the fires of industry! The forests will fall! A new order will rise...we will drive the machine of war with the sword and the spear and the iron fist of the Orc! We have only to remove those who oppose us...

Posted Image
Posted Image

#74 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 19 June 2007 - 10:03 PM

that's what I thought.....

6 to keep the stats, and have all the features :blink:
just like BFME1 is for 4 factions...

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#75 Servant of Sauron

Servant of Sauron

• Project Team
  • 258 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 10:04 PM

Hmmm...what's Rhovanion Alliance going to do then?

I especially liked your Reaper idea Garrison :blink:

Posted Image
Posted Image

#76 Garrison Nomad

Garrison Nomad

Bringin' in Da Boyz

• Project Team
  • 608 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 03:14 AM

yeah...pretty much. Too bad nazgul isn't here to OK it.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#77 clonecommand

clonecommand

title available

• Members
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 12:09 PM

He is going to change things...Why would he leave a faction EA quality? :sad2:

#78 GorGorgood

GorGorgood
  • Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 01:50 PM

I like the idea of evil men....they were my favorite in BoG...But you can't completely scrap the gobs. if anything, they'd be allied with isengard (which i think would be cool, too). There's just too much to them to ally them with mordor, and it would make them very redundant. besides, that's two opposite ends of the world (middle-earth, at least).

Cmon, MS, the big ears are the best part...? well, yeah, they all do look like mini-ratchets, but still. it's something different.

It was only about 600 to 700 miles straight line distance from the Shire to Mt. Doom, so the Misty Mountains and Mt. Gundabad were not on the opposite side of the world in relation to either the Shire or Mordor. Tolkien doesn't fully explain what was on the opposite sid of the war, not fully anyway.

Your Gobbos look a bit like the Gremlins from the movie of the same name. The squishy faces and teeth are neat, but not the hair and overly large gremlin ears. All Gobbos are Orcs, with a common name of goblins being given to them my some non-Uruk peoples of Middle-earth.

Chris

PS: #5 or 6 of "The Sky has Fallen"

I believe Beorn killed Bolg and a good part of Bolg's Bodyguard, not the Eagles. The Eagles were taking care of the two Goblin wings or columns attempting to swarm over Erebor's flanks onto the rear of both the Men and Elves.

Chris

PS: #6 or 7 of "The Sky has Fallen"

#79 GorGorgood

GorGorgood
  • Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 02:28 PM

BoG had some seriously great Evil Men stuff...but later on didn't they decide to cut elves and split Evil Men into Rhun and Harad? Maybe if you make an evil men faction you could make Harad, and leave the Rhun stuff with Mordor. It would make sense since Rhun is north of Mordor and Harad is close to Umbar. Besides, there's more Harad material than Rhun and you could always create a new kind of Corsair, possibly even several.

I like Clonecommand's idea of separating rohan and then adding evil men/harad. That would let you add a lot more rohan and gondor material and get rid of the clutter of heroes.

Good idea, leaving the easterlings as part of Mordor and maybe seperating Harad. Elves could still be a faction, because if the one Ring wasn't destoyed and was captured or lost again and Sauron kept attacking, more and more Elves would have to have had to rally and fight in order to just simply survive. There were still a large number of Elves in Mirkwood, lorien, and the Gray havens as you know. Rohan as a seperate faction is OK IMHO, but also OK as a subfaction or minifaction of Gondor.

Anyway, nice to meet you all and I have to get going, Chris

PS: #7 or 8 of "The Sky has Fallen"

#80 Garrison Nomad

Garrison Nomad

Bringin' in Da Boyz

• Project Team
  • 608 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 02:57 PM

combining Elves and Rohan isn't as much of a Lore descision as it is a gameplay decision. The mod team is thinking about moving stuff around and is taking all ideas into consideration (well, almost all, at least. mine are always too long) on how to balance the game. The factions will most likely stay as is when the mod is released, but the creator is considering altering the factions after the final product comes out and making another version.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users