#821 Dant

Dant

title available

• Members
  • 937 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 01:45 PM

O.O

I think they have enough units already.

Modding isn't just about adding as many units as possible, remember.

More unit mean more fun and..make gameplay more interesting to play :p but i got to agree with you this mod focusing on movie elemental and adding realism. :p

Agreed.

Thanks for supporting. :p

Edited by Dant, 13 August 2009 - 01:48 PM.

Posted Image

#822 Dark_l0rd_Davian

Dark_l0rd_Davian
  • Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 12:02 AM

good idea,i like it but i cant wait for evilmen.im warmongering for them
"All shall vanquish..."

Posted Image

#823 Emperor of the East

Emperor of the East

A simple guy who likes to think factually

• Members
  • 290 posts
  • Projects:Easterling Faction for RotWK and the Planet Thertia novels.

Posted 18 August 2009 - 04:42 AM

A-HA! I just read over your PDF, and it said "different walls, not walls and no walls". So how about Harad gets its own walls made of bamboo with bone and ivory, whereas Rhun's walls are wood with metal roofing and stone basing :unsure: . In the pictures, the entire Harad Fortress is itself a tower, but seems nearly as big as the Rhun Fortress, my saying being from the Harad Fortress's emense size compared to a human being! The Rhun Fortress has four moderately-short towers and its monument is tall. I feel that it would make sense to give the Fortresses these statistics:

Rhun

ShroudClear

VisionRange

Health

=========================

Harad

ShroudClear

VisionRange

Health

I hope that these estimates have given an inpiration. The Harad Fortress is obviously bamboo with hide for roofing, and bone/ivory detaling, so... keep this in mind! :p

Edited by Emperor of the East, 18 August 2009 - 04:59 AM.

"You cannot know anything; only suspect. You must suspect to be wrong. To have overlooked, something, anticipate."

~Malik Al-Sayf, from the original Assassin's Creed from 2007

Yes, I do live by this advice to the best of my ability.

#824 Skipper 24

Skipper 24
  • Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 08:47 AM

I thought it was going to work like the MOTE faction where Gondor is main and Rohan is secondary. In this case Ruhn would be main and Harad would be secondary so they would not have walls just like Rohan doesn't. Oh yeah and what PDF is this?

Edited by Skipper 24, 18 August 2009 - 08:47 AM.

Posted Image

#825 Emperor of the East

Emperor of the East

• Members
  • 290 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 06:09 PM

Its the PDF that you open up when you go to the Screenshots page of see.the3rdage.net, I found the Fortress Shroudclears and Visionranges and Healths there. And I looked at the Tech Tree and I saw that the two had as many buildings, but of course there were differences. If Rhun is main and Harad is Secondary, then okay.

Edited by Emperor of the East, 18 August 2009 - 06:10 PM.

"You cannot know anything; only suspect. You must suspect to be wrong. To have overlooked, something, anticipate."

#826 Skipper 24

Skipper 24
  • Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 06:34 PM

Oh right I see where you mean. It would be nice for Harad to have it's own walls but will probably be too much work. Perhaps for a later release.
Posted Image

#827 Emperor of the East

Emperor of the East

• Members
  • 290 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 03:13 PM

Hey! You know how every faction has a pavement upgrade that all buildings built on the pavement gain +10% armor and +5% production speed? Rhun needs to have one of those:

Scorched Desert Ground
Structures built on the sand gain +10%
armor and +5% production speed
Prerequisite to Reinforced Fortress

That's all you forgot, besides Eastering Archers and Haradrim Spearmen and Blue Wizards and move A FEW Nazguls over here. :blink:

Why don't I just make a Rhun faction for my copy of Beta 4.5? Sure, I'd have to do a lot of modding outside of MVM and install the SEE all over again, but It would be worth it. Right?

Edited by Emperor of the East, 11 September 2009 - 07:12 PM.

#828 khamulrulz

khamulrulz

title available

• Members
  • 469 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 02:09 AM

hey im a big fan of what you are doing nazgul, and im really excited for 4.7, but im thinking that maybe there could be another skin for some of the easterling units (esp the axeman, to make him more unique, and possibly the spearmen, because they are an elite unit as well) i know in the films there was only one armor set, but 3rd age: total war had some cool units in terms of looks , and you could use that "stout axemen" idea ppl were talking about earlier . i have no experience in modding, and this could be difficult, but it could add to the diversity of rhun units (harad units already have lots of diversity). :p

also, an idea for quick spam units is that many men of rhun and harad were sent to nurn to be slaves on the farms there, so instead of snagas they could have nurn slaves. not sure what their weapons would be... maybe farming tools like shovels and pitchforks

lastly, i think that the variags of khand could have axes instead of those swords, to make them more unique and more book-like (i know it's a movie mod, but theres no reason why we cant have book stuff as well)

i wish all the best for this mod, and i cant wait for 4.7, even tho its been in development so long. :D

Edited by khamulrulz, 26 September 2009 - 02:28 AM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#829 yams in a can

yams in a can

Friend of the Right Side

• Members
  • 391 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 02:30 AM

Nice idea, just post it in the right spot so Nazgul will see this, wait... maybe this is the right place??? :p

Posted Image
To the professor, John Ronald Reuel Tolkien.

Posted Image
Posted Image

-yams in a can

#830 khamulrulz

khamulrulz

title available

• Members
  • 469 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 02:36 AM

So i was thinking that the nurn slaves could look like this, with other weapons:
Posted Image

The skin they had for variags of knand is pretty cool:
Posted Image

An idea for spearmen, with that armor changed to gold for HA:
Posted Image

And a heavy armor set, possibly for the axemen:
Posted Image

Also, i read somewhere that you are thinking about easterling archers, so these would be spectacular:
Posted Image

I know this is from another mod for a completely different game, but i like the models there, and it would add visual flavor to the "men of the east" or evil men faction :p

Edited by khamulrulz, 26 September 2009 - 08:10 AM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#831 Latinsnake

Latinsnake
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 08:58 AM

Wow they look very cool :p

#832 Dark_l0rd_Davian

Dark_l0rd_Davian
  • Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 12:37 PM

that would be cool,those pics are from total war,bfme version.
"All shall vanquish..."

Posted Image

#833 Skipper 24

Skipper 24
  • Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 01:01 PM

Have you got a link. I would love to play that.
Posted Image

#834 Dant

Dant

title available

• Members
  • 937 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 01:11 PM

Have you got a link. I would love to play that.

Link You might want to take a look around.

Enjoy!
Posted Image

#835 khamulrulz

khamulrulz

title available

• Members
  • 469 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 10:37 AM

i wonder if the guys from 3rd age: total war would even let naz borrow those designs, but the ones i put up for easterlings are ones that i thought were good, and fitted with the game. I think they would add a lot to the mod, at least in terms of looks. i know that it might be too late in development to come out in 4.7, because u have to redo the skins, and the palantir and button art as well, but i think it adds a cool dimension to the rhun faction. :p

Edited by khamulrulz, 27 September 2009 - 10:40 AM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#836 yams in a can

yams in a can

Friend of the Right Side

• Members
  • 391 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 02:05 PM

Here's an idea that could be for every faction. In the Edain Mod, the heroes are built from structures like the barracks. Then certain heroes, say like Aragorn, Gandalf, and Denethor(in their mod) are made from a special structure called The White Tower of Ecthelion(just for Gondor). I don't really like the system, but think how it would stop rush.

Their(Edain Mod) Denethor is great to, because instead of being a fighter, he gives of several leadership effects. You should really check other mods out (to Nazgul) so you can find unique ideas, maybe borrow them (with permission) and you will have amazing stuff.

About that post that said that Rhun units should be unique, why?. Gondor units look almost all the same, I think Rhun units would to. Harad units probably wouldn't because the resources available to them were limited, but Rhun lives around a sea. They live closer to the North. They will not live in a desert.

Edited by yams in a can, 27 September 2009 - 02:08 PM.

Posted Image
To the professor, John Ronald Reuel Tolkien.

Posted Image
Posted Image

-yams in a can

#837 Dant

Dant

title available

• Members
  • 937 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 02:34 PM

But still..Tolkien never said Near Harad was only wasted land. :p and people can't live without water you know so that mean there must be a tree as well..here is resources but i have to agree resources on desert land quite limited,And like i said before Harad are not less civilize than Rhun or Gondor.

Edited by Dant, 27 September 2009 - 02:38 PM.

Posted Image

#838 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 September 2009 - 02:36 PM

i agree that the rhun units would probably be rather uniform, but similar to how fountain guards are unique, i think that the cool heavy armor skin should be used for the axemen, to set them apart, and that archer skin is really cool as well. that way they look similar, but have some differences between units. i think we should stick with the current spearmen, pikemen, and swordsmen skins for rhun, but i don't really agree with the depiction of variags of khand, and i think they should look more like the ones in 3rd age total war. i also think that the spam units should be slaves instead of snagas, like i said above. :p

#839 khamulrulz

khamulrulz

title available

• Members
  • 469 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 02:43 PM

i apologize for the double post, but that guest comment above was actually me, i just forgot to log in. sorry

btw, i was looking throught the proposed unit lists ,and i love the idea of mahud bludgeoners and camel riders :p
Posted Image
Posted Image

#840 Dant

Dant

title available

• Members
  • 937 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 02:48 PM

Hmm as long as it design not same to "Third Age Total Wars" mod it should be fine. :p

as for Variags of Khand..somehow i think they suppose to looklike Mongol(but that my opinion). :umad:

Edited by Dant, 27 September 2009 - 02:50 PM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users