• Projects:BFME2 - Nazgûl's Special Extended Edition
  •  Veteran

Posted 28 January 2009 - 11:52 AM

For sure! :p

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
"Do not come between the Nazgûl and his mod!"
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I S.E.E. YOU! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#462 Grig

Grig
  • Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 07:00 AM

Not only that but Gorkil smells like it :p

The Dark is patient...

The Dark is generous...

And it always wins...

But in the heart of its power lies weakness...

It takes but a single candle to hold it back...

Love is more then a candle...

Love can ignite the stars.

#463 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 30 January 2009 - 04:58 PM

*marker*
(Up until here - this thread has now been checked for useful items to put into the ToDo List!) :good:

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#464 Gfire

Gfire

Nuju

• Project Team
  • 2,173 posts
  • Projects:Finding My Way
  •  The Perfectionist

Posted 08 February 2009 - 01:47 AM

Along the same line as what they are discussing in the Mordor topic, I was thinking the Moria faction could have a "chieftain" unit. I was just reading about the Orc chieftain who stabbed Frodo in Moria. Of course, in the movie in was the troll, but I think it could definately be possible for a chieftain to lead the orcs. You do something with the banner carriers, too, like what they're saying in the Mordor topic, or keep it as a seperate unit. Personally, I got the idea that the Cheiftains were fairly important, and probably were in charge of more than a horde of Goblins.
Greetings, community.

#465 Sûlherokhh

Sûlherokhh

Sagacious Engineer

• Project Team
  • 3,754 posts
  • Projects:S.E.E., Sage A.I., Code Advisor
  •  'Axe'er of the Gordic Knot

Posted 08 February 2009 - 01:28 PM

Hm. Maybe the leader positions are still working for the BfMe2 hordes.

bannerreal01mittelit3.jpg
Axed Head and A.I. Coder for S.E.E. and ... stuff

".. coding is basically boring. What's fun is finding out how things work, take them apart and then put them together in ways that were not intended nor even conceived."

#466 KrApYl

KrApYl
  • Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 10:33 PM

Not a big deal...but
On Moria faction and the wolf pack. It says something like "Recruit a Alpha whit his pack" isn't a Alpha always a "She/Girl??

Not a big deal :shiftee: but just in case if you want to change it ;)
Posted Image
Posted Image
Against the power of Mordor there can be no victory

#467 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 17 February 2009 - 02:33 PM

Uhm, it's generally called "alpha MALE" as far as I know... :p

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#468 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Leader

Posted 17 February 2009 - 02:34 PM

Not a big deal...but
On Moria faction and the wolf pack. It says something like "Recruit a Alpha whit his pack" isn't a Alpha always a "She/Girl??

Not a big deal :p but just in case if you want to change it ;)

Nope, that's not the case.

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#469 KrApYl

KrApYl
  • Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 03:29 PM

Uhm, it's generally called "alpha MALE" as far as I know... ;)

Ohh...ok then :p
My bad
Posted Image
Posted Image
Against the power of Mordor there can be no victory

#470 Sûlherokhh

Sûlherokhh

Sagacious Engineer

• Project Team
  • 3,754 posts
  • Projects:S.E.E., Sage A.I., Code Advisor
  •  'Axe'er of the Gordic Knot

Posted 17 February 2009 - 03:37 PM

Maybe we should just call it 'Warg Captain'. Warg are intelligent beasts, so it may be more suitable than the definitely greek 'alpha'.

bannerreal01mittelit3.jpg
Axed Head and A.I. Coder for S.E.E. and ... stuff

".. coding is basically boring. What's fun is finding out how things work, take them apart and then put them together in ways that were not intended nor even conceived."

#471 ttandchotmail

ttandchotmail

title available

• Project Team
  • 849 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 07:18 PM

What about " leader " as in the leader of the pack :p ;)

Edited by ttandchotmail, 17 February 2009 - 07:19 PM.

No chance of returning....Zero chance of surviving....Well!? When do we get started?
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#472 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 17 February 2009 - 07:45 PM

Rock n Roll.... oh gosh, I'm spamming :p

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#473 Guest_Guest_anubis_*_*

Guest_Guest_anubis_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 February 2009 - 08:08 PM

Not a big deal...but

Not a big deal :thumbsupsmiley: but just in case if you want to change it :)

Nope, that's not the case.

Alpha is reserved for the top male and female actually. The alpha female is technically the only female that reproduces in the pack. totally useless information for the mod but hey, a biologist needs to chip in when relavent :)

#474 Uruk King

Uruk King

Lore-abiding citizen

• Project Team
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 06:59 PM

About Goblin buidlings, do you think they look like a halloween-style strawberry and cream pudding? Do you beleive they stick out like a sore thumb in the whole area of striving to acheive the movie feel of the goblins?

Well I was tooling around with the worldbuilder, and I was going along with the idea of Goblins mainly steeling the Dwarven domains as their own, and made a few designs for what the Goblin structures could become

The first one is of the Goblin buidlings excluding the Fortress in the middle are in clockwise order: Goblin Hovels (where goblins are spawned), Warg Pit (trains Wargs and Warg Riders), Tunnels, Sentry Tower, Tresure Trove, Spider Pit, Troll Cave (trains Trolls and Giants).

Fortress in the middle of the image is fully upgraded, complete with Bat Cloud, Rock Armour (replacement for Web cocoon, increases fortress Armour), Jagged spikes (represented by Spike Barricade (not present in screenshot)), and Drums of Moria (the drums on either side of the Fortress, I thought as an alternative to Dragon's nest, a pair of drums that when used generate a damage boost to all units on Map). The fortress is a dwarven ruin, I took bits and bobs of Dwarf buldings, ruined them, covered them is scaffolding, totems, a couple of Minas Morgul gargoyles, skeletons, Red Eye banners, and a Drum at the top. (to clarify the presence of the Red Eye banners on the fortress, the current Goblin banner with the spider is rediculous, and if anything the Red Eye was closer because after all the Goblins wre essentially an extension of Sauron's power in the North. Also it can always be rectified by a reskin.)

Fortess expansions include Warg dens (represented by Wargs in a rocky outcrop), Gian Sentry, Burrows (represented by small tent), and Arrow Tower.

Of Course the mod team could always reskin the Goblin buildings to make them look more realistic, but these are just ideas.

Attached Thumbnails

• Revised_Goblin_base.jpg
  • New_Goblin_Base.jpg
  • Revised_Goblin_Base2.jpg

I will remember Rhovanion Alliance, RIP .

Posted Image

#475 Mordor Slayer

Mordor Slayer

SEE Marketing Manager

• Project Team
  • 1,424 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 09:00 PM

It certainly wouldn't be a bad idea to change the Goblin buildings, they're indeed a bit too... cartoonish. Are those images of fully functional fortresses or just some raw concepts?

And are you the same Uruk King as on RTSCommunity?
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#476 Uruk King

Uruk King

Lore-abiding citizen

• Project Team
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 09:07 PM

To answer the first question, they're just raw designs used by altering and molding worldbuilder structures together. It's rather dependent on weather anyone's willing to design them as fully functional buldings.

And whoever this other Uruk King is in RTSCommunity, I'm not him.
I will remember Rhovanion Alliance, RIP .

Posted Image

#477 Prince of the Dark Forest

Prince of the Dark Forest
  • Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 09:17 PM

The pics look great. Really much more true to my impression of the movie goblins than EAs models.
Ignited into the world in a flash of lightning, it gleams faintly in the heart of its mother, wood. It begins as an ember, a mere wisp of heat and colour. Its chance of survival at this critical moment is minute, yet it fights on, against the unforgiving cold, against the depths of night and against its mortal enemy: rain.

#478 Mercyy

Mercyy
  • Members
  • 183 posts
  • Projects:Edain mod campaign and other mapping
  •  Fan of all Mods, with LotR Feeling

Posted 12 April 2009 - 09:31 PM

Well, as far as I see that are just many Modells from EA Games and they aren't connected yet. (every object has its own green description).
Wouldn't it be enough if all objects get reskinned? The Modells aren't bad, but the colours are just like in comics.
Posted Image

92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature

#479 Mordor Slayer

Mordor Slayer

SEE Marketing Manager

• Project Team
  • 1,424 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 03:37 PM

I'm not sure, but I think there are some problems when reskinning buildings... Can't remember which ones. And the mod policy is 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it' because there's a lot of other work to do ;).

Edited by Mordor Slayer, 13 April 2009 - 03:38 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#480 Skipper 24

Skipper 24
  • Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 03:53 PM

I'm not sure, but I think there are some problems when reskinning buildings... Can't remember which ones. And the mod policy is 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it' because there's a lot of other work to do ;).

Perhaps in the long term it could be a good idea. I personally have nothing to much to complain about the buildings except maybe they should be a bit darker in colour but that's all.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users