• This topic is locked This topic is locked
487 replies to this topic

#41 Garrison Nomad

Garrison Nomad

Bringin' in Da Boyz

• Project Team
  • 608 posts
  • Projects:Beta testing for SEE
  •  I'm in your closet...eating your clothes.

Posted 24 June 2007 - 08:47 PM

Sûl, that sounds good. I naturally hope we can work together on SEE as long as possible :crazed:

GN: Sure, if it turns out good, we can use it =) In the mean time you could start toying with alternate skins for Goblins (since I know you really like them). Can't promise that we will use them though, since I have no idea how far up the skill ladder you are, but please feel free to try :p

Yeah, well I'm still learning all the DDS converting and stuff. I've been an artist for a long time though, so doing creative stuff is my specialty. Translating drawings into skins may prove to be somewhat challenging, but I'll do my best.

Oh, and in it's current condition the spider pit could pass as a warg lair. There's not TOO much about it that's spidery. And besides....building skinning is absolute HELL. you have to skin the walls separately...though in some cases this makes it easier, but you never know what wall goes where.

Edited by Garrison Nomad, 24 June 2007 - 08:49 PM.

If I were you and you were me I'd have a different face.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
"The only real things are imaginary..."

#42 Garrison Nomad

Garrison Nomad

Bringin' in Da Boyz

• Project Team
  • 608 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 01:42 PM

Ok...so here's what I'm thinking for Bolg. Anybody that knows anything more feel free to contradict me.

Bolg's gonna be a rather large goblin, about the height of a man. He's gonna be very muscular and quite fierce. I'm gonna base his model off the Half-Troll model, and I've got a friend that's gonna help me animate him.

Weapon wise he'll weild dual axes and revolve around high damage. Here's what I was thinkingfor his abilities:

lv1- Uppercut- Knockback attack, sends people flying. Similiar to Gloin's Slam.
lv3- Inspirational Decay- All enemies around Bolg gradually lose health over time.
lv6- Cataclysm- Bolg slams the ground, dealing damage to all nearby units and structures.
lv10- Darkest Fury- Fiery attack, use rising Balrog effect. Apocalyptic-type spell. Sets all nearby units and buildings on fire.

If that's too magicky for a beefy goblin, he could get more attack skills. The chiefs of the goblins are bound to have devulged into some kind of dark art, though.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#43 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  • Projects:BFME2 - Nazgûl's Special Extended Edition
  •  Veteran

Posted 25 June 2007 - 02:56 PM

Thank you for the effort. Just know that I can't guarantee that I will use the model. Let's see it first =) I just got an excellent "noname" model from Downfall that was fat and really cool looking. I guess he could be a suitable Goblin hero... the question is which.

This Goblin faction debate has led the discussions away from the actual topic too many times so I'm soon gonna make new threads where we can discuss each faction separately. I am also gonna have a meeting with Adummy about redesigning this forum into a bunch of smaller forums... Before this forums alone gets bigger then the whole of T3A :p

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
"Do not come between the Nazgûl and his mod!"
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I S.E.E. YOU! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#44 Downfall

Downfall

Scenarist

• Members
  • 356 posts
  •  There is one?

Posted 25 June 2007 - 06:52 PM

It's not no name; seriously, it's in BFME2. Trust me Nazgûl. You have to look for it. It's all in the PM I sent you :lol:

A for the record, his face, when I look at it for a second time, kind of has a feeling of an Executioner is present. :p :xd:
"Human beings make strange fauna and flora. From a distance they appear negligible; up close they are apt to appear ugly and malicious."
Henry Miller, Tropic of Cancer

Posted Image

Posted Image

#45 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 25 June 2007 - 07:10 PM

Yeah I found it :p
With noname, I meant he's not a Tolkien caracter. But I like the model. We will use it =) Only need a little work on the mouth, unless you wanna simulate some kind of face mask? Too bad The Great Goblin is dead by now... He would make an excellent Great Goblin!

I also found two more useable models...

- MoranOrc (Could be Bolg for Gobs)
- IsengardOrcOverseer (Could be Grishnakk for Mordor)

Edited by Nazgûl, 25 June 2007 - 07:12 PM.

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#46 m@tt

m@tt

#######

• Project Team
  • 4,056 posts
  • Projects:The Dwarf Holds
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 25 June 2007 - 09:02 PM

Both useful models, can't wait to see any new skins you do. If I remember correctly, IOO is upright like an uruk, so I'm not sure how well it would suit an orc, as they are all hunched slightly.
Posted Image

#47 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 25 June 2007 - 09:08 PM

I think we could bind him to another bone... Like Lauri did with the Morgul Orcs =)

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#48 Mordor Slayer

Mordor Slayer

SEE Marketing Manager

• Project Team
  • 1,424 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 08:47 AM

Yeah I found it :rolleyes:
With noname, I meant he's not a Tolkien caracter. But I like the model. We will use it =) Only need a little work on the mouth, unless you wanna simulate some kind of face mask? Too bad The Great Goblin is dead by now... He would make an excellent Great Goblin!

I also found two more useable models...

- MoranOrc (Could be Bolg for Gobs)
- IsengardOrcOverseer (Could be Grishnakk for Mordor)

Another early game hero for Mordor? Don't you think that's a bit too much :rolleyes: ?
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#49 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 26 June 2007 - 03:19 PM

Not if we give ALL factions LOADS of heroes... moooah :p

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#50 Garrison Nomad

Garrison Nomad

Bringin' in Da Boyz

• Project Team
  • 608 posts

Posted 28 June 2007 - 02:19 AM

haha...hero mass...the unforseen strategy.

Man, the Great Goblin woulda been..well, great. Perhaps you think the gobs appointed a new Great Goblin after his demise? You could create the goblin social ladder as being clan-based, and the strongest clan would take power...

then again, the gobs were somewhat single-minded, and servants of Sauron. The whole clan thing probably wouldn't make much sense...
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#51 CapnAstroSponge

CapnAstroSponge

title available

• Members
  • 299 posts
  • Projects:Trolling the S.E.E Boards

Posted 28 June 2007 - 02:52 PM

Well, since they're servents of sauron, and sauron would probably like that idea, it's not out of possibility.
Posted Image

Never come between a Capn and his..uh..AstroSponge? No, no...Never come between a CapnAstro and his Sponge! Uh.....this doesn't work as well as the other guys names..

I am..

Posted Image

#52 King Earnur

King Earnur
  • Project Team
  • 216 posts

Posted 28 June 2007 - 03:38 PM

Not all the goblins were under the control of Mordor, some were just there.

#53 Downfall

Downfall

Scenarist

• Members
  • 356 posts
  •  There is one?

Posted 28 June 2007 - 04:47 PM

Not if we give ALL factions LOADS of heroes... moooah ;)

You might have to, in order to balance it out.
i.e. Elves and Mordor insane amount of heroes compared to Dwarves and Goblins. ;)

Just as long as you have the premise of the heroes in order.
i.e. tanks, support, mixed, ranged, aerial, anti-enemy (debuffer for Enemy units)
And that only certain ones have leadership...
Just because they (whatever Hero) are a captain/leader of a certain group, doesn't mean that they have to have a leadership ability. ;)

A just for the record, just because the one thing I gave you, isn't a real Tolkien character, doesn't mean the name is bad or can't be used. Look at Drogoth, he's not a Tolkien character, and his name remains. ;)
But I guess that can be left open for discussion for a later date. ;)
"Human beings make strange fauna and flora. From a distance they appear negligible; up close they are apt to appear ugly and malicious."

Posted Image

Posted Image

#54 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 28 June 2007 - 11:57 PM

- Yeah since the modding GOD Mr Sûl :p joined the team AND since doing hero powers is like making panncakes to him :popcorn: we have decided to go against my old determination not to ad any more heroes (cause I hate coding them) - and intead DO ad more heroes, hehe.

This is not the place to discuss them though since this thread is for the potential Evil Men faction =) ;) But yeah, there will be more heroes for all, ESPECIALLY Dwarves and Goblins. I think we should have around 10 heroes for each faction (excluding those that should be in separate structures like Treebeard and the Hobbit Heroes)...

- The model and skin you sent me for the Goblin hero was perfect. I might "polish" the skin slightly though as I often do, but he will be in the game. Preferably as the Great Goblin, but since he's dead maybe we could use him as Bolg or someone similar. Thain's book have loads of references for caracters that was not in the movies and using Tolkien names would be to prefer, even though I understand your point =)

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#55 Garrison Nomad

Garrison Nomad

Bringin' in Da Boyz

• Project Team
  • 608 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 01:57 AM

could u post a render of the goblin? I'd like to see it and it's awesomeness.

hmm....so, there's no chance of adding a seventh faction that was bug-free? bummer...another militant-state faction (like rohan or harad) that had humans would really add for something interesting. I also like the idea of the factions not having bland names, since right now we've got men, elves, goblins, and dwarves. Dwarves would probably stay, though. I know you're against separating rohan and gondor, but they have such potentially diverse gameplay mechanics. Rohan would probably play kind of like the gobs SHOULD play, being hit and run. however, they'd have defendable bases and such, and revolve quite a bit around cavalry.

Gondor would go back to bfme1-style gondor, being a tank faction revolving around quality troops and massive bases. Gives you room to add on some extras to them, too, like other kinds of rangers and such.

Like always, there's lots of options you can do.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#56 Downfall

Downfall

Scenarist

• Members
  • 356 posts
  •  There is one?

Posted 29 June 2007 - 02:30 AM

- The model and skin you sent me for the Goblin hero was perfect. I might "polish" the skin slightly though as I often do, but he will be in the game. Preferably as the Great Goblin, but since he's dead maybe we could use him as Bolg or someone similar. Thain's book have loads of references for caracters that was not in the movies and using Tolkien names would be to prefer, even though I understand your point =)

I don't mind if you polish it at all. Hell, If you can take something that's good and make it even better, than go for it :p. Plus it'd be his 5th skin upgrade, if you count the two crappy ones EA gave him and the two times I did his.
And the only reason he has the mask/helmet is
1. It happened completely by accident
2. I kind of suck with faces.

I know Bolg was slain by Beorn, Azog by Dain Ironfoot, and the Great Goblin by Thorin Oakenshield or Gandalf.

But I'm sure there's plenty of other ones to go with in Thain's book. ;)

Edited by Downfall, 29 June 2007 - 02:32 AM.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#57 Sûlherokhh

Sûlherokhh

Sagacious Engineer

• Project Team
  • 3,754 posts
  • Projects:S.E.E., Sage A.I., Code Advisor
  •  'Axe'er of the Gordic Knot

Posted 29 June 2007 - 04:40 AM

I think the 'Great Goblin' is always available to use. Sounds more like a title to me than a real name. Like 'the meanest, biggest dude around' or 'i killed all my competition' or 'don't mess with me' or 'i gots to say who gets eaten'; all rolled up in one orcish expression. :p

bannerreal01mittelit3.jpg
Axed Head and A.I. Coder for S.E.E. and ... stuff

".. coding is basically boring. What's fun is finding out how things work, take them apart and then put them together in ways that were not intended nor even conceived."

#58 adummy

adummy

Keep it Clean!

• Project Team
  • 1,760 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 07:56 AM

yeah, "Great Goblin" is not a good name. If you are going to name anyone "Great Something" i demand that The Great Pumpkin be apart of it :p
Posted Image

#59 Garrison Nomad

Garrison Nomad

Bringin' in Da Boyz

• Project Team
  • 608 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 12:45 PM

But it IS a Tolkien name, which gives it +10 worth points. The Great Goblin could be the Wild's best goblin hero, with Azog and Bolg not far behind, along with some other heroes. I've thought about it and you have to consider the fact that not all goblin heroes would be swordsmen, so....perhaps either Azog or Bolg could get a weapon toggle? Goblins have ALWAYS needed a ranged hero, preferably one that doesn't shoot lasers, and one of these fellers might help out.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#60 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 29 June 2007 - 11:51 PM

*all things Goblins moved here from the EvilMen poll...*

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users