#321 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  • Projects:BFME2 - Nazgûl's Special Extended Edition
  •  Veteran

Posted 06 September 2007 - 01:24 PM

- I'll try to get the Miners in for 4.5 yes...
- Hm, maybe yeah. I'll consider it =)

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
"Do not come between the Nazgûl and his mod!"
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I S.E.E. YOU! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#322 Biermann

Biermann
  • New Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 06:43 PM

And please give them swords!
pleeease!

Also, make a Miner Draft upgrade to allow their production. This would improve the balance.

#323 Sûlherokhh

Sûlherokhh

Sagacious Engineer

• Project Team
  • 3,754 posts
  • Projects:S.E.E., Sage A.I., Code Advisor
  •  'Axe'er of the Gordic Knot

Posted 06 September 2007 - 07:59 PM

? What balance???

;) Man, we haven't even started on trying to achieve a balance! What seems balanced now is actually just accidental! :p

bannerreal01mittelit3.jpg
Axed Head and A.I. Coder for S.E.E. and ... stuff

".. coding is basically boring. What's fun is finding out how things work, take them apart and then put them together in ways that were not intended nor even conceived."

#324 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 06 September 2007 - 10:18 PM

I think the "accidental" balance is rather good... ;)

My idea of balance is not 6 equal factions as you know, but rather a mixture of different units, abilities, production numbers and strenghts. That's what makes factions interesing.

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#325 Biermann

Biermann
  • New Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 01:05 AM

And this would prevent AI to go crazy with the miners from the beggining as it goes (in Beta 4) with the hobbits.

#326 Guest_njm1983_*

Guest_njm1983_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 September 2007 - 04:21 PM

perhaps the dwarven faction should be renamed to Erebor faction. because well for one they dont use exclusivley dwarven units. and two it makes sence since Dale is just outside erebor and the dwarves are from there. I think it fits in well with the other faction names like moria mordor isengard.

#327 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 16 September 2007 - 01:25 AM

True indeed... even if I'd prefer Khazad =)

But the problem would be Men and Elves. For consistancy I'll leave them as "Dwarves" as long as we can't unite on what to call the remaining two factions... I can't think of any name I like better then Men of the West, so considering that, dwarves will probably stay named Dwarves.

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#328 Sûlherokhh

Sûlherokhh

Sagacious Engineer

• Project Team
  • 3,754 posts
  • Projects:S.E.E., Sage A.I., Code Advisor
  •  'Axe'er of the Gordic Knot

Posted 16 September 2007 - 01:45 AM

If you would like this to be discussed publicly, Chriz, you might wanna consider moving the staff-forum name topic to the public forum.

bannerreal01mittelit3.jpg
Axed Head and A.I. Coder for S.E.E. and ... stuff

".. coding is basically boring. What's fun is finding out how things work, take them apart and then put them together in ways that were not intended nor even conceived."

#329 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 16 September 2007 - 01:47 AM

Yeah I know... it's just that I don't see it as any prio at the moment :) And you know how these public threads have a tendency to become 40 pages in 2 weeks, and that makes it rather tough to plow through for my "monthly" updates for the ToDO list :blink:

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#330 †TYRANICK†™

†TYRANICK†™
  • Members
  • 26 posts
  • Projects:Aside from school stuff, none

Posted 19 September 2007 - 09:36 AM

i was going to request you add that huge fortress gate off that dwarvien fortress map (forget name) and like a gate for the walls, or as an upgrade etc.
Management of many is the same as management of few. It's a matter of organization.
Posted Image

#331 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 19 September 2007 - 09:40 AM

Well that is the gate of Erebor, and it's like 20 times bigger than any wall? lol

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#332 †TYRANICK†™

†TYRANICK†™
  • Members
  • 26 posts
  • Projects:Aside from school stuff, none

Posted 19 September 2007 - 03:29 PM

meh maybe...i would just like to see it better used in other maps maybe lol
Management of many is the same as management of few. It's a matter of organization.
Posted Image

#333 Medicleous

Medicleous
  • Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 08:40 AM

I just finished looking through 'The Complete Guide to Middle-Earth' and I have some suggestions for Dwarf heroes. I was curious about what became of the party of dwarves from 'The Hobbit'.

Balin: Died with Ori in the Mines of Moria :)
Bifur: Settled down in Erebor after the expedition :xcahik_:
Bofur: Settled down in Erebor after the expedition :blink:
Bombur: Settled down in Erebor after the expedition, he became so fat that six Dwarves had to lift him :xcahik_:
Dori: Settled down in Erebor after the expedition :sad:
Fili: Died in the Battle of Five Armies ;)
Kili: Died in the Battle of Five Armies ;)
Oin: Killed by the Watcher in the Water outside of Moria :p
Ori: Died with Balin in the Mines of Moria :xcahik_:
Nori: Unkown :p
Thorin: Died in the Battle of Five Armies :xcahik_:

So you could in fact use Bifur, Bofur and Dori as new heroes for the Dwarves...

#334 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 27 September 2007 - 10:24 AM

Yeah, unfortionately, we won't have time to add any more heroes for Dwarves for Beta 4.5, so we have to settle with Bilbo and Brand for now, but we will have 2-3 more dwarven heroes for Beta V =)

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#335 Guest_Guest_Saruman_*_*

Guest_Guest_Saruman_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 September 2007 - 10:25 AM

I was just wondering about the role of Guardians/berserkers in the mod? With the ruddy excellent looking khazad guard the dwarves new uber-unit, where does that leave the berzerkers? Are they just a slightly stronger guardian? If so that would just seem an extra unit for the sake of it. How about making them the dwarves normal soldier, and removing the guardian from the game? The guardian model has always seemed a bit off for me. The stupidly large axes and body size just seems a bit un-lotr and silly to me! Plus, you also have those groovy little miners as a soldier type unit now!

#336 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 28 September 2007 - 12:04 PM

Not a bad thought, but actually most ppl seem to like the Guardians ("Warriors" in SEE) better. They way I see the Dwarven faction, is this:

- Khazad Guard:
An elite force within Khazad-dûm, specialized in melee combat. Extremely strong, compareable to the strongest Uruk-hai units, and very fierce in battle. They are however limited in numbers and costly to recruit. Their special ability is Throwing Axes with deadly accuracy. Comes fully upgraded with Heavy Armor and Forged Blades.

- Warrior Veterans (Zerkers):
The veteran units of the Warrior hordes. Strong and very experienced fighters, but slightly slower that other units. They don't use Heavy Armor or Forged Blades, but rather fight with experience and routine :D Their special ability is a "Bull Rush" where they knock down enemies and whack them with their battle hammers.

- Warriors (Guardians)
Highly armored fighters that serve as the backbone of the dwarven army. Can use both Heavy Armor and Forged Blades upgrades. These are the standard unit of the dwarven faction and they have a good balance between cost and functionality. Like the Veterans the Warriors can knock down enemies with shere strenght.

- Phalanx
The anti-cavalry of the Dwarven faction. We all know these guys...

- Axe Throwers
These guys will most likely be worked on for Beta V. We are discussing making them Crossbowmen and having them use axes as an ability/power, rather than standard weapon =)

- Miners
The fast, cheap, weak, but useful base defence units. Function like Hobbits for Elves, or Peasants for MotWW :huh:

Edited by Nazgûl, 28 September 2007 - 12:05 PM.

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#337 elbenmensch

elbenmensch
  • Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 01:04 PM

I just finished looking through 'The Complete Guide to Middle-Earth' and I have some suggestions for Dwarf heroes. I was curious about what became of the party of dwarves from 'The Hobbit'.

Balin: Died with Ori in the Mines of Moria :D
Bifur: Settled down in Erebor after the expedition :good:
Bofur: Settled down in Erebor after the expedition :good:
Bombur: Settled down in Erebor after the expedition, he became so fat that six Dwarves had to lift him :xcahik_:
Dori: Settled down in Erebor after the expedition :good:
Fili: Died in the Battle of Five Armies :huh:
Kili: Died in the Battle of Five Armies ;)
Oin: Killed by the Watcher in the Water outside of Moria :blush:
Ori: Died with Balin in the Mines of Moria :blink:
Nori: Unkown :huh:
Thorin: Died in the Battle of Five Armies :thumbsupsmiley:

So you could in fact use Bifur, Bofur and Dori as new heroes for the Dwarves...

lol great work!! :xcahik_:
but actually Boromir is dead,all Isengard an Mordor units are dead too,so u could also u 1 of the others

By the way,what isthe battle of5 amies?
Posted Image
Posted Image

#338 Mordor Slayer

Mordor Slayer

SEE Marketing Manager

• Project Team
  • 1,424 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 04:29 PM

You can read that in the Hobbit :D. And yes Boromir was dead, but he was alive during The War of the Ring (even if it was for a short period). The dwarves Med posted were already dead for several years during the war, and that's the big difference.

Edited by Mordor Slayer, 28 September 2007 - 04:30 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#339 Guest_Guest_Someone_*_*

Guest_Guest_Someone_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 September 2007 - 05:06 PM

Mabye Men of Dale calvary is good riding unit! :D Awsome to see Dwarves with that!! And one of the Dwarven heroes should be able to mount a wagon :huh: ;) And stuff. :blush:

#340 Mordor Slayer

Mordor Slayer

SEE Marketing Manager

• Project Team
  • 1,424 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 05:21 PM

I like that idea (anything is better then those wagons lol), but the dwarves would have to rely on Dale units too much in that case.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users