Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  • Projects:BFME2 - Nazgûl's Special Extended Edition
  •  Veteran

Posted 11 November 2007 - 06:30 PM

Aaah :blush: hehe ok, but this...

I'm in progress of fixing the MoD already C'ptn ;)

Fixing what on MoD? :rolleyes:
I can't find any question before that answer? lol

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
"Do not come between the Nazgûl and his mod!"
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I S.E.E. YOU! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#383 Juissi

Juissi

AWESOM-O

• Hosted
  • 1,555 posts
  • Projects:Last Alliance modification, The Hobbit mod
  •  Forger Of (Last) Alliance

Posted 11 November 2007 - 06:36 PM

I think he means that ugly mapping of the chest part.

#384 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 12 November 2007 - 12:59 AM

Aaaaaaah yessss, THAT! I just didn't see any connection before his post, but now I remember... hehe

You know, what's really funny though? I tested that the day before yesterday... and I didn't have them? :/

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#385 Thorongil45

Thorongil45
  • Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 08:30 AM

i've been reading though this topic and noticed the crossbow thing, like it, however i also like the axethrowers . so can't we keep them both? really love the dwarves anyway. and is it possible to add a leadership ability for Bilbo for hobbits and add hobbits too dwarves as well?
Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image Posted Image

#386 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 19 November 2007 - 10:33 AM

I doubt we'd have Hobbits for dwarves other than as summons - that could work =)

The Axethrowers will stay, but might be limited to 2 hordes and make them much stronger and they might get a cart as BC. Crossbows could replace them as "standard" ranged unit =)

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#387 Sûlherokhh

Sûlherokhh

Sagacious Engineer

• Project Team
  • 3,754 posts
  • Projects:S.E.E., Sage A.I., Code Advisor
  •  'Axe'er of the Gordic Knot

Posted 19 November 2007 - 01:08 PM

Aaaaaaah yessss, THAT! I just didn't see any connection before his post, but now I remember... hehe

You know, what's really funny though? I tested that the day before yesterday... and I didn't have them? :/

Maybe the faulty mappings are only on the medium-poly or low-poly model, not the high-poly.

bannerreal01mittelit3.jpg
Axed Head and A.I. Coder for S.E.E. and ... stuff

".. coding is basically boring. What's fun is finding out how things work, take them apart and then put them together in ways that were not intended nor even conceived."

#388 dragontamer

dragontamer
  • Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 06:26 PM

I've never really thought Bilbo had any leadership qualities. I mean, he only used his birthday party to make a couple of digs at people he didn't like.

#389 zachdaddy_3000

zachdaddy_3000

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!

• Project Team
  • 580 posts
  • Projects:Nazgul's BFMEII: Special Extended Edition

Posted 19 November 2007 - 07:22 PM

You mean less than half the people half as well as they deserved? :p

That would be pretty funny though. A debuff power on *less* than half of an enemy horde. Like the icon to place on the enemy horde is cut cut about in half, maybe 2/5ths of a circle.

Edited by zachdaddy_3000, 19 November 2007 - 07:25 PM.

Do not come between a Zach and his........Zach?

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#390 ttandchotmail

ttandchotmail

title available

• Project Team
  • 849 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 12:01 AM

G'day to all

This may fall under the dumb ideas catagory but I have seen many ideas on forums with the help of others grow into amazing ideas.

I'm not sure how many people have read the hobbit but in that storyline the dwarves are good friends with the ravens from Ravenhill. These ravens lived well over 100 years and could speak english. Carc was the name of the leader of the the ravens and according to Balin were trusted friends of the dwarves of the lonely mountain. Would they be worth adding to the dwarven faction in some way? Maybe as the spies of the faction. Except they would be stealthed...... maybe.

Possibly a raven hero, Carc

powers

level 1 = wild walk ( like thanduil )
level 4 = raven's eye ( expands range of view )
level 6 = summon ravens ( a group of ravens appear randomly around the map to deshoud a larger area of the map all of witch are invisible to other players )

Edited by ttandchotmail, 21 November 2007 - 06:25 AM.

No chance of returning....Zero chance of surviving....Well!? When do we get started?
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#391 dragontamer

dragontamer
  • Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 01:36 AM

The raven is kinda represented by Brand's falcon. Likewise, it was a song thrush that told Bard where to shoot Smaug. A thrush would be a little small for the game though. Still, if a little nod could be given to the bird's part in the Hobbit, be it a power, or a mention in a tooltip, that would be cool.

#392 ttandchotmail

ttandchotmail

title available

• Project Team
  • 849 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 06:29 AM

G'day Dragon tamer

Sorry mate, I'm not sure if the ravens from ravenhill are even mentioned in the lord of the rings but if you check out page 243 of the hobbit it will show balin telling the story of them and how they were the friends and allies of the dwarves. Your right about a thrush talking to bard though :p These ravens didn't like men or elves but were good mates of the dwarves.

Edited by ttandchotmail, 25 November 2007 - 08:48 AM.

No chance of returning....Zero chance of surviving....Well!? When do we get started?
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#393 Biermann

Biermann
  • New Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 02:34 PM

What about replace that Eagle with some crows? Better spying but not soo god (at least no as good as the eagle's) attack?

#394 LordEcthelion

LordEcthelion
  • Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 30 November 2007 - 02:02 AM

Personally I think we have enough bows in the game... I mean, every faction has archers - I do think that dwarves are mostly about axes and I like them that way.

Nowhere in the books or movies was there mentioned a dwarven axethrower, and in the hobbit Thorin and co. were great bowmen. Just replace the axethrowers.

Maybe there could be more than one flying hero, but these would be much weaker. perhaps a unit from the fortress or some other building that was a raven, and they were limited to ten, but all ten of them would be about a match for one eagle/nazgul?

Edited by LordEcthelion, 30 November 2007 - 02:04 AM.

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#395 Mercyy

Mercyy
  • Members
  • 183 posts
  • Projects:Edain mod campaign and other mapping
  •  Fan of all Mods, with LotR Feeling

Posted 30 November 2007 - 03:06 PM

@ LordEcthelion :
Only Thorin was the great bowman(dwarfe^^).
THe others have missed the animals they were hunting :)
Only Thorin has hit the dear.

EDIT: I guess you mean "deer" :) ;) /Naz

Edited by Nazgûl, 30 November 2007 - 08:44 PM.

Posted Image

92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature

#396 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 December 2007 - 10:23 AM

I suggest one new Hero... that is.

Radagast, The Brown Wizard

I know he did not appear in the movies, but he was mentioned in the books, and I'd like to see him in game.
If I am not mistaken he was like a friend to the Birds, so perhaps his skills could revolve around that.

Skills.. possibly...
Wizard Blast
Summon Crebian(ok I know these are the evil crows, so perhaps if there is someone who has better tolkein lore than I do, suggest another kind of bird to be summoned, these will act like spies)
Mount Eagle
Summon Eagles.

And I don't think he needs many more abilities, those few are quite good enough?
At most give him Word of Power, or something slightly weaker than that... He's after all, an Istari.

#397 Mercyy

Mercyy
  • Members
  • 183 posts
  • Projects:Edain mod campaign and other mapping
  •  Fan of all Mods, with LotR Feeling

Posted 03 December 2007 - 01:41 PM

he's an istari, but no warrior.
He talks to animals and is a friend of all animals, not only birds.
Perhps something like this ability of the CaH, which changes units into animals.

But I would never say he should go to the dwarves.
He was a friend of the animals, so he should be buildable with men/elves.
But I don't think he must be in the mod(and I'm not saying he isn't allowed to be in the mod =P ).
Posted Image

92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature

#398 Wundai

Wundai
  • Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 02:44 PM

I think he should be in the mod, could maybe even replace Bombadil as spellbook Imo :thumbsupsmiley:
Posted Image
Posted Image

#399 Soviet

Soviet
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 04:54 AM

right now men have gandalf, elves have an assortment of fairly powerful heros, goblins have the dragon, isengard has saruman, mordor has the witch king. I think Radagast for Dwarves wouldn't be a bad idea. Right now they don't have that really powerful hero that the other teams have + they don't have many heros.
Posted Image

#400 Juissi

Juissi

AWESOM-O

• Hosted
  • 1,555 posts
  • Projects:Last Alliance modification, The Hobbit mod
  •  Forger Of (Last) Alliance

Posted 05 December 2007 - 07:01 AM

:lol: Dwarves dont have powerful hero now ? What is Gimli then ? :lol: In my eyes Gimli is the powerhouse of dwarves.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users