556 replies to this topic

#421 Mercyy

Mercyy
  • Members
  • 183 posts
  • Projects:Edain mod campaign and other mapping
  •  Fan of all Mods, with LotR Feeling

Posted 13 January 2008 - 10:00 AM

Only 1 ressource? no, not really. They get 20 ressources ;)
If you have build more then 1o Mines they produce less ressources, but that's ok.
Outside a fort they are one of the best factions, because they have great siegeweapons.^^
Posted Image

92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature

#422 Mordor Slayer

Mordor Slayer

SEE Marketing Manager

• Project Team
  • 1,424 posts
  • Projects:BFME2 - Nazgûl's Special Extended Edition

Posted 13 January 2008 - 10:23 AM

Great to see you guys still pumping out suggestions ;) ! Sul is having internet problems right now, and Nazgul is being swamped with work so that explains the lack of response.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#423 Tadwin

Tadwin
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 12:19 AM

Only 1 ressource? no, not really. They get 20 ressources :p
If you have build more then 1o Mines they produce less ressources, but that's ok.
Outside a fort they are one of the best factions, because they have great siegeweapons.^^

Ah. I was playing Helms Deep and I was outside and I had 5 Mithral mines and then pretty much everywhere else was normal mines. Ah. That's good to know. Yeah. The Dwarves are great but I was just having trouble, I guess, due to that. I'm still used to making as many resource structures as possible...

-Tadwin

#424 Mercyy

Mercyy
  • Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 07:27 PM

But that feature that mines produce less ressources is made by EA GAmes, so it was always in the game :)
Posted Image

92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature

#425 Grubbo

Grubbo
  • Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 08:15 PM

But that feature that mines produce less ressources is made by EA GAmes, so it was always in the game :)

This whole issue of mines making less the more of them there are seems like a bug to me, or is this a design feature? Shouldn't it change, because i thought the whole I idea was to encourage expansion and make more resource buildings.

#426 DragonLord

DragonLord
  • Members
  • 44 posts
  • Projects:Nazgul's Special Extended Edition (Player)
  •  Ruler of Dwarves

Posted 15 January 2008 - 10:46 PM

I think there should be new units for dwarves called High Defenders. They would have more health than guardians, have higher armour than Khazad Guard, yet lower damage. They should be the most defensive foot soldier unit in the game. They would require the same as KG.

I also think there should be dwarf skirmishers. They should have high damage, yet kind of low armour. They should require a rank 2 hall of warriors.

Dwarves should also get some more cavalry units. They have only 1, which isn't way too useful. Dwarves did ride ponies, so maybe dwarf pony calvary unis. Maybe a dwarf in a wooden mech suit that is the equivalent of a attack troll? :)

Edited by DragonLord, 15 January 2008 - 10:47 PM.

Posted Image

The Valar had to nerf Dwarves, or we would of taken over the world before it even began... :D

#427 myster

myster
  • Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 05:46 PM

I think there should be new units for dwarves called High Defenders. They would have more health than guardians, have higher armour than Khazad Guard, yet lower damage. They should be the most defensive foot soldier unit in the game. They would require the same as KG.

I also think there should be dwarf skirmishers. They should have high damage, yet kind of low armour. They should require a rank 2 hall of warriors.

Dwarves should also get some more cavalry units. They have only 1, which isn't way too useful. Dwarves did ride ponies, so maybe dwarf pony calvary unis. Maybe a dwarf in a wooden mech suit that is the equivalent of a attack troll? :thumbsupsmiley:

I think we dont need more units for dwarven.. They have enough imo =)

I think having a battalion of dwarves on ponies would look rather stupid (A) they only ride ponies for peacefull journeys and even then reluctantly, displayed when Gimli didnt like the idea of having to ride on a horse of the rohirrim :p

and the mech suit... isnt really tolkienish (A)

#428 DragonLord

DragonLord
  • Members
  • 44 posts
  •  Ruler of Dwarves

Posted 16 January 2008 - 09:11 PM

Dwarves should also get some more cavalry units. They have only 1, which isn't way too useful. Dwarves did ride ponies, so maybe dwarf pony calvary unis. Maybe a dwarf in a wooden mech suit that is the equivalent of a attack troll? :p

I think we dont need more units for dwarven.. They have enough imo =)

I think having a battalion of dwarves on ponies would look rather stupid (A) they only ride ponies for peacefull journeys and even then reluctantly, displayed when Gimli didnt like the idea of having to ride on a horse of the rohirrim ;)

and the mech suit... isnt really tolkienish (A)

But there's no such thing as too many units... :thumbsupsmiley:
Posted Image

The Valar had to nerf Dwarves, or we would of taken over the world before it even began... :D

#429 Grubbo

Grubbo
  • Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 09:51 PM

Dwarves should also get some more cavalry units. They have only 1, which isn't way too useful. Dwarves did ride ponies, so maybe dwarf pony calvary unis. Maybe a dwarf in a wooden mech suit that is the equivalent of a attack troll? :thumbsupsmiley:

I think with the Khazad guard and the veterans, the dwarves are pretty full with new units. I think whats left to do if further distinguish these units from each other.

If anything, what I would like to see is a dwarven berserker unit, as I have always thought that besides Isengard, the Dwarves are the next most likely faction to have war crazed fighters like these, more so than Moria. I picture a dwarf with a bit less armour, runic tattoos and helmetless. This could be very similar to your suggestion for Dwarven skirmishers: high damage, low armour, but possibly high health.

I think battle wagons are good enough. Dwarves don't come across to me as being big on cavalry, much like they're not big on naval units.
And no offense meant, but the idea for a wooden mech suit is very un-Tolkien.

#430 ttandchotmail

ttandchotmail

title available

• Project Team
  • 849 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 12:41 AM

G'day grubbo

100% agreed ;) I think they have enough units and only need to touch up the ones they have now to make them perfect :)

I see the dwarves as the tanks of the tolkien world high in defense ( mithril armor ) and short in range ( they are dwarves ) ;)

I was thinking about the axe throwers the other day and thought for realistic purposes only. It is kind of strange that they keep thowing axe after axe after axe. In the tolkein world they would carry 4 maybe 5 hand axes into battle and once their thrown then its either hand to hand combat or using their primary weapon if they have one. I saw how legolas can change to using his blades for a short time and thought maybe that is what the axe throwers should do. They can have a primary weapon ( probably a large axe like gimli's ) and thow their small hand axes for a time when the power is clicked on.

Just a passing thought :p

Edited by ttandchotmail, 21 January 2008 - 05:25 AM.

No chance of returning....Zero chance of surviving....Well!? When do we get started?
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#431 myster

myster
  • Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 10:42 AM

like gimli's axe throw? (A)

#432 Mercyy

Mercyy
  • Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 12:29 PM

No, not exactly like the axethrower.
When using this ability they can throw axes for a short period of time.
After this time they fight with their normal weapons again.
It hink taht's they way ttandchotmail wanted the ability to work.
Posted Image

#433 Grubbo

Grubbo
  • Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 12:49 PM

like gimli's axe throw? (A)

Yeah, pretty much. But such a unit seems to already exist in the form of the Khazad guard. So in light of this, I kinda support doing away with axe throwers altogether. They are just not a realistic unit. I like the idea of dwarven crossbows much more, but then the problem becomes how do you distinguish their function and use apart from the Dale archers. At first I thought, maybe have dwarven crossbows be short in range but have their CBs fire 3 arrows at once, similar to how their catapults fire two shots at once. This gives them high damage, perhaps one of the highest for range units, but also very long reload times (imagine loading three arrows for one volley). Upgrades include fire and mithril tipped arrows. The latter is a special shot type, similar in function to black arrows or poison arrows, and should be the highest rated damage for a ranged shot, and be geared towards monster and hero killing.

Other thoughts:
I was thinking that the mithril armour upgrade should require a player to build at least one mithril mine.

Is it me, or does the guardian and veteran rush attack screw up most times? Units often run in a direction other than towards the selected target. For this reason, veterans are absolutely useless to me, since on top of this bug, they cant be upgraded. Overall, I find Khazad guard way better as an elite unit: tougher, and more useful with their axe throw.

I'd like battlewagons to be a bit tougher. They seem to bust rather easily. As a single unit, it would be helpful to at least see their health bar so I can micro them better.

Back on the idea of Dwarven berserkers, I figure that since the Khazad guard have axe throw, vets have rush, that leaves either a slayer or carnage ability for my proposed dwarf berserkers. That, or a leap attack, or as a third possibility simply a choice between the two, where if you choose one, it greys out the other.

#434 myster

myster
  • Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 10:54 PM

also make the battlewagons less tougher against fire.. takes a long time to kill a battlewagon with a fire drake.. tho i suppose a wooden thing like that should burn easily.

#435 ttandchotmail

ttandchotmail

title available

• Project Team
  • 849 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 05:31 AM

G'day myster, mercy and grubbo :p

I was thinking if it was more like legolas's knife attack it would give the dwarves enough time to throw 4 - 5 hand axes before the timer ran out and the dwarf would return to it's primary weapon. And then the player would have to waith for the timer to recharge before they could use it again. But it's just a thought. It might not be worth doing in the end :). I'm sure their are plenty of other things to do
No chance of returning....Zero chance of surviving....Well!? When do we get started?
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#436 DragonLord

DragonLord
  • Members
  • 44 posts
  •  Ruler of Dwarves

Posted 22 January 2008 - 10:11 PM

I think with the Khazad guard and the veterans, the dwarves are pretty full with new units. I think whats left to do if further distinguish these units from each other.

If anything, what I would like to see is a dwarven berserker unit, as I have always thought that besides Isengard, the Dwarves are the next most likely faction to have war crazed fighters like these, more so than Moria. I picture a dwarf with a bit less armour, runic tattoos and helmetless. This could be very similar to your suggestion for Dwarven skirmishers: high damage, low armour, but possibly high health.

I think battle wagons are good enough. Dwarves don't come across to me as being big on cavalry, much like they're not big on naval units.
And no offense meant, but the idea for a wooden mech suit is very un-Tolkien.

Actually, the wooden mech idea was just a joke. :crazed:
Posted Image

#437 Prince Valiant

Prince Valiant
  • Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 04:22 PM

Hey I really like what you are doing and I have a suggestion that you guy's might need. Here's the link to it in the suggestions area :wink_new: ...

http://forums.revora...showtopic=58825

#438 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,438 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 08 March 2008 - 07:27 PM

Hey, I'm new here :grin: . I don't expect I'll ever have the time to mod this game (I'm modding other games currently), but I have a neat idea for future BFME2 mods... Have you ever noticed how unrealistically sized the Dwarven Gaurdian's axe is??? Too big of blade, too little of handle. Well, in RotWK, I saw in the dwarven CaH's , that they added a new longer, skinnier, and much more reasonable sized axe. Could that be made the weapon for the Dwarven Gaurdian? If you've seen the concept art for the game, that is what they originally had in mind... I was wondering if someone has ever thought of adding that into their mod. Just a thought though :wink_new: ...

BTW, don't worry, you don't have to give me credit for the idea :lol: ...

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#439 menofdale1

menofdale1
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 05:02 PM

What kind of bird are used on the shields of men of dale?
http://see.the3rdage...s/MenOfDale.jpg

And why did you use this bird?

Do someone have got a pictures of the banner of dale (with the bird on it)?

#440 Thorongil45

Thorongil45
  • Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 05:35 PM

it's a raven....the men of dale and the dwarves were friends of the few remaining ravens of a race that could they could converse with :rolleyes: . ( thats all in the hobbit :D )
Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image Posted Image

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users