556 replies to this topic

#61 Downfall

Downfall

Scenarist

• Members
  • 356 posts
  •  There is one?

Posted 06 July 2007 - 03:12 AM

Yes nothing says brute force like whacking an Uruk-hai with a shovel in the face :p
"Human beings make strange fauna and flora. From a distance they appear negligible; up close they are apt to appear ugly and malicious."
Henry Miller, Tropic of Cancer

Posted Image

Posted Image

#62 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  • Projects:BFME2 - Nazgûl's Special Extended Edition
  •  Veteran

Posted 06 July 2007 - 03:24 AM

I'd say a shovel can be a really deadly weapon if you use it as a weapon. Swing full power towards the head and no man will ever live beyond that :p But I get your point. Remember though that these will be the Dwarven equaliant (spelling?) to Peasants =)

I'll ask TDP to set them up for us tomorrow (with both tools) and send them over, so we can ad them to Beta 4.5 :p With any luck, we can ad the Khazad Guard too as some kind of "Royal super Elite" for Dwarves, limited to 1 unit. That should make enough units for them. Only the 3 new heroes left:
- Balin
- Durin
- Thorin

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
"Do not come between the Nazgûl and his mod!"
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I S.E.E. YOU! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#63 Downfall

Downfall

Scenarist

• Members
  • 356 posts
  •  There is one?

Posted 06 July 2007 - 03:41 AM

I get your point with the shovel, but you must remember what the dwarves are thinking in the situation:

"hmm...axe,pickaxe,hammer,throwing axe, bow and arrow, spear, shovel."

Just a little funny compared to the other basic weapons is all. No rip or insult intended. :p

Only the 3 new heroes left:

And there in lies your biggest task for the Dwarven Faction :p
"Human beings make strange fauna and flora. From a distance they appear negligible; up close they are apt to appear ugly and malicious."

Posted Image

Posted Image

#64 Gherrick

Gherrick

Drunken Bastard

• Project Team
  • 374 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 09:36 AM

Durin was long dead so maybe Thorin Stonehelm or maybe Dwalin, Dori, Nori?
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#65 Downfall

Downfall

Scenarist

• Members
  • 356 posts
  •  There is one?

Posted 06 July 2007 - 02:25 PM

Durin VII

Durin VII was a descendant of Dain Ironfoot and his son Thorin III Stonehelm

That Durin can be used in the mod :p

Posted Image

Posted Image

#66 Gherrick

Gherrick

Drunken Bastard

• Project Team
  • 374 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 03:21 PM

Hmm was he even alive during III age? Besides of that Thorin Stonehelm was very young when he kicked off Easterlings outta Erebor...
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#67 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 06 July 2007 - 05:26 PM

Durin VI
King of Khazad-dum when the Balrog awoke. Durin VI was born in 1731. His father's name is not known. Durin VI strongly resembled his ancestor Durin I, who was called the Deathless because the Dwarves believed his spirit lived on in the descendants who bore his name. It was even said that the Dwarves called Durin retained the memories of the previous Kings of that name.
In 1980, the Dwarves of Khazad-dum were mining for mithril deep below Caradhras when they encountered a Balrog. The Balorg had slept beneath the mountain since the end of the First Age. It may have been roused by the Dwarves, or it may have awakened in response to the growing power of Sauron in Middle-earth.

Durin VI was killed by the Balrog, which was known to the Dwarves thereafter as Durin's Bane. Durin VI was succeeded by his son Nain I, but he too was killed the next year in 1981 and the Dwarves abandoned Khazad-dum.

The Balrog is in the mod, but it was slain by Gandalf.
Smaug is in the mod, but it was slain by Bard.
Bormir is in... and I'm sure there are more "problems" like that. We're just gonna have to let go of the 110% "reality" if we're ever gonna find any interesting heroes :mad2:

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#68 Gherrick

Gherrick

Drunken Bastard

• Project Team
  • 374 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 06:09 PM

But he was long gone...it's like adding Gil-Galad or Isildur. Gil-Galad is much more interesting and powerful and still he isn't here :(
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#69 Downfall

Downfall

Scenarist

• Members
  • 356 posts
  •  There is one?

Posted 06 July 2007 - 06:42 PM

The Balrog is in the mod, but it was slain by Gandalf.
Smaug is in the mod, but it was slain by Bard.
Bormir is in... and I'm sure there are more "problems" like that. We're just gonna have to let go of the 110% "reality" if we're ever gonna find any interesting heroes ;)

Boromir was around during the War of the Ring. ;)

And I'm sure that there are plenty of Dwarves that were around during the War of the Ring, it's just we don't know what their activities (sp?) were during this time. Well we know of a few, but some are already ingame.

What you could do is swing it a bit and add some Dwarves as heroes, such as Thorin III and some other one. And then you can add Brand (which you are) and Bard II, son of Brand.

And leaves you with 6:
Bard II
Brand
Dain Ironfoot
Gimli
Gloin
Uknown (whoever you choose)

And the fact that they have 6, give you the option of easliy making them all unique and very high on quality. Which is always something to ahve when it comes to heroes. :mad2:

Posted Image

Posted Image

#70 Lord of Mordor

Lord of Mordor

Master of the One Ring

• Project Team
  • 170 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 06:46 PM

It's true, you can't compare Boromir who lived in the beginning of the war to a dwarf who died more than thousand years ago. Still, finding dwarven heroes IS a hard task, so I wouldn't really mind if Durin was added.

@Miners: I think they would look much better with gloves of brown leather than light green ones. The gloves should have the same color as the boots have, in my opinion. (I know they like bright colors, but it just looks weird to me)

Edited by Lord of Mordor, 06 July 2007 - 06:47 PM.

Build me an army worthy of Mordor!

HobbitBann5501.png

#71 Gherrick

Gherrick

Drunken Bastard

• Project Team
  • 374 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 06:53 PM

Not so:

Dain
Brand
Bard II
Gimli
Gloin
Thorin III Stonehelm
Dwalin
Bifur
Bofur
Nori
Dori

Ori, Oin, Balin (they died in Moria so you may not add them but still- here they are)
Bombur (he's too old and slow and too fat so not a hero unless a defensive and morale raising dude)

So we have 11 heroes or even more- Radagast, Grimbeorn anyone?
Or maybe even more because you can still add 3 guys from Moria and Bombur.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#72 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 06 July 2007 - 07:46 PM

:mad2: Well I know I've said that we can ad a lot of heroes if we would like, but I must agree with many that say it would mostly make them copies of each other. Not that I mind that much, but most of you constanty keep forgetting that this is still a movie mod, so I'd like to keep it as close to the movies as possible, and when not - the books of course. This means that concerning dwarves we don't have much to go by, but Gimli. And Gloin who was aparently at the gathering when the Fellowship was formed. There were at least 2 more dwarves there too though - who were they?

Anyway: I'm pretty sure I want Balin for thr simple reason: "My cousin Balin will give us a Royal welcome" ;)

Thorin feels pretty sure too, and probably one of the Durins, mostly cause the names are familiar =p

Don't think we need to make dwarven faction into a hero spamming faction ;p
But we'll see... TDP, is working on some new models...

Edited by Nazgûl, 06 July 2007 - 07:47 PM.

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#73 Downfall

Downfall

Scenarist

• Members
  • 356 posts
  •  There is one?

Posted 06 July 2007 - 08:16 PM

Dwalin, Bifur, Bofur, Nori, Dori yes were all alive during the War of the Ring, but there are no accounts of what their presence was during this time. For all we know, they just sat around, getting drunk and watching TV. :mad2:

Radagast the Brown lived somewhere in Mirkwood, so he'd be more of an Elven based hero if added. ;)

Grimbeorn could go either way though.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#74 Juissi

Juissi

AWESOM-O

• Hosted
  • 1,555 posts
  • Projects:Last Alliance modification, The Hobbit mod
  •  Forger Of (Last) Alliance

Posted 06 July 2007 - 08:18 PM

Well if you would like to add one of the 13 dwarves in The Hobbit, I would be more than happy to do a model or model&skin for it because I have been wanting to do a dwarf with that hood thing ;) But in my mod there really is no use for model like that :mad2: Or who knows maybe there is but cant be bothered to think dwarven stuff yet.

Edit:Bombur was also alive ;)

Edited by Juissi, 06 July 2007 - 08:19 PM.

#75 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 July 2007 - 09:37 PM

you could use the thirteen dwarves from the hobbit a summoun spell for the spell book
Might be a little hard though but not for the great sul and naz :mad2:

The best guest

#76 Downfall

Downfall

Scenarist

• Members
  • 356 posts
  •  There is one?

Posted 06 July 2007 - 10:50 PM

Run-ons and copies are not good for Heroes. :mad2:
But if you only gave Balin & Thorin Oakenshield powers out the 13, it could work. But again run-ons with other thing besides powers. ;)

Posted Image

Posted Image

#77 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 08 July 2007 - 01:38 PM

Well if you would like to add one of the 13 dwarves in The Hobbit, I would be more than happy to do a model or model&skin for it because I have been wanting to do a dwarf with that hood thing ;) But in my mod there really is no use for model like that ;) Or who knows maybe there is but cant be bothered to think dwarven stuff yet.

Edit:Bombur was also alive ;)

Juissi... Is there anywhere I can see models you made? I mean Renders and such? ;)

@topic of heroes: I think, after some consideration, that we shouldn't go all too crazy :) in terms of adding heroes (which was never my intention from the start either). This is to prevent, just like I said earlier, having multiple heroes that are basically clones. I don't really mind theoretically, but heroes are very strong units and having too many heroes could make having an army of units almost "unnescessary" ;)

The Dwarven heroes that I'm really sure I want is:
- Balin
- Thorin
Pending is:
- Durin VI or VII
Dale hero:
- King Bard (as the anti air/sniper hero)

Q: Who were the dwarves at the gathering at Rivendell!? vvv
Posted Image
1) ?
2) Gloin?
3) Gimli
4) Dain?

Edited by Nazgûl, 08 July 2007 - 01:43 PM.

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#78 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,438 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 08 July 2007 - 02:02 PM

only Gloin and Gimli is said to go to the council, I think... Dain wasnt' there ;)

And please don't add Durin ;) He's like das pro, and even thought you don't bother the long-dead thingy, I'd prefer to not have him :) Besides, Balin, Thorin, and Bard will do a good addition to the dwarves... I think that dwarves should focus more on strength and armor, rather than heroes ;)

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#79 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 08 July 2007 - 02:45 PM

^ Good logic. I like it :)

But still, who were they in the movies? ;) ^^

Edited by Nazgûl, 08 July 2007 - 02:46 PM.

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#80 Gherrick

Gherrick

Drunken Bastard

• Project Team
  • 374 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 02:57 PM

http://www.warofther...2c02_scene1.htm
Made up-characters Fror, Thrarin and Farin. And I don't like adding Durin still unless a Ring-hero hero but still Radagast is better ring-hero.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users