556 replies to this topic

#81 Downfall

Downfall

Scenarist

• Members
  • 356 posts
  •  There is one?

Posted 08 July 2007 - 03:26 PM

What would Radagast possibly do with the ring? All I know of what he did was being able to communicate with animals. That doesn't sound to impressive as a ring hero. :)

And Lauri's right. The dwarves don't need that many heroes. Strength and armor should be the focus of the faction. And considering that their heroes would be of high quality and resilience, they don't need to be over run with so many. ;)

Edited by Downfall, 08 July 2007 - 03:27 PM.

"Human beings make strange fauna and flora. From a distance they appear negligible; up close they are apt to appear ugly and malicious."
Henry Miller, Tropic of Cancer

Posted Image

Posted Image

#82 Gherrick

Gherrick

Drunken Bastard

• Project Team
  • 374 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 03:40 PM

No...they could be anti-hero heroes, anti-unit heroes or maybe scout heroes, sniper heroes...they wouldn't be good heroes or clones.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#83 Strider

Strider
  • Members
  • 190 posts
  •  Helpful Wanderer

Posted 08 July 2007 - 04:04 PM

Why is their this huge rush for Dwarf Heros? If you ask me, we are fine with Dain, Gimli, Gloin, and the Kind of Dale whose name escapes me. The Dwarf heros are some of the most powerful heros in the game. We dont need 3 more nerfed Dains running around!

Edited by Strider, 08 July 2007 - 04:05 PM.

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#84 Mordor Slayer

Mordor Slayer

SEE Marketing Manager

• Project Team
  • 1,424 posts
  • Projects:BFME2 - Nazgûl's Special Extended Edition

Posted 08 July 2007 - 06:32 PM

Yeah, good point. I agree that they don't need that much heroes.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#85 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 08 July 2007 - 06:53 PM

Aight, just Balin, Thorin and Bard then? =)

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
"Do not come between the Nazgûl and his mod!"
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I S.E.E. YOU! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#86 Downfall

Downfall

Scenarist

• Members
  • 356 posts
  •  There is one?

Posted 08 July 2007 - 07:45 PM

Technically you could get away with just King Brand and Thorin; and just drop Balin unless you really want him. The more you add, the harder it becomes for powers to be unique for the factions heroes. :)
"Human beings make strange fauna and flora. From a distance they appear negligible; up close they are apt to appear ugly and malicious."

Posted Image

Posted Image

#87 Strider

Strider
  • Members
  • 190 posts
  •  Helpful Wanderer

Posted 08 July 2007 - 07:53 PM

Well Thorin was one major character in the books so sure add him. But Balin is nothing special. Im with Downfall, just King Brand and Thorin.

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#88 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 08 July 2007 - 10:14 PM

What IS this... first I have to listen too a lot of "There's too few heroes, ad this, ad that... please ad these too and those"... And now you're bitching the other way around? How do you want this? :) :)

We will ad:
- Thorin
- Balin
- Bard

End of discussion on heroes! :sad2:

We will ad:
- Khazad Guard as a very limited elite unit & maybe one more dwarven unit. TDP had some modeling ideas... :)

Now let's just realise that we can't ALL agree on things, but this topic is getting annoying now :sad:

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#89 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Leader

Posted 08 July 2007 - 10:17 PM

Why would you... add Thorin and Balin?

They were rather dead.

There were other interesting and ALIVE Dwarves during the War of the Ring. Dwalin for example.

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#90 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 08 July 2007 - 10:23 PM

Now let's just realise that we can't ALL agree on things, but this topic is getting annoying now :sad2:

:)

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#91 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 10:41 PM

So... while I have an opinion and strong reason backing it up, it wont be looked at because others argued too much and you find it annoying?

Pity.

Just remember, Balin and Thorin were both very very very very DEAD and DECAYED. Why use them when there are plenty of ALIVE and meaningful Dwarves to pick from?

#92 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 08 July 2007 - 11:12 PM

So was the Balrog... and Boromir.. and Smaug, and in a way Gandalf too :) It all happened during this time, and Gimli didnt even know that Balin was dead. I don't know the other names you gave me and this is still not a Book based mod =p

We can't please everyone.

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#93 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 11:27 PM

The Balrog, Boromir and Gandalf died DURING the War of the Ring. Thorin died 60 years before it, so did Smaug. Balin (I'm not sure how many years) was long dead as well when the War of the Ring started. That's the key difference.

Oh, and Thorin wasn't mentioned in the film.

Edit: And ''we cant please everyone'' isn't much of an argument, it just negates everything I bring up in favour of my ideas by just using authority to shut me up.

Edited by Matias, 08 July 2007 - 11:36 PM.

#94 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 09 July 2007 - 12:00 AM

yeah whatever.... You must understand that's it is a bit annoying trying to make/run a mod production when people screm differentthings from all directions. We CAN'T please everyone. What pleases you upsets someone else?

in the end I can only do what I myself, and the team, wants, and those who like it fine, and those who won't - too bad. But I'd say we struck luck a few times recently though? Most seem quite happy with most things anyways ;)

I'm sorry if you're not =)

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#95 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 09 July 2007 - 12:02 AM

and, Naz has already stated that the dead or not thingy, doesn't matter in this mod. So, if he wants, he'll add Isildur, and all.... but personally, I don't really care if he adds Thorin and Balin... I like it, since I don't know about and really 'valuable' dwarves during the WotR.... Dwalin, I don't know what he did, nor who he is... ;)

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#96 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 09 July 2007 - 12:15 AM

Yeah we will most likely not have Isildur though since we all know him as killed from the 1st age in the movies too ;) Plus Sul doesn't want it, so it will be hard to go against that, hehe

Don't worry though, these will merely be an issue of names, and worst case scenario we could always change names in the final hours of production if I change my mind in any way :p

EDIT: But I won't remove Smaug cause Lore states he's dead, so... there you go, sorry

Edited by Nazgûl, 09 July 2007 - 12:16 AM.

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#97 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 09 July 2007 - 12:17 AM

*cough* 2nd age *cough*

EDIT: Oups sorry *ashamed* :s /Naz

Edited by Nazgûl, 09 July 2007 - 01:08 AM.

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#98 Downfall

Downfall

Scenarist

• Members
  • 356 posts
  •  There is one?

Posted 09 July 2007 - 03:18 AM

1. Which Thorin are we talking about here? Stonehelm or Oakenshield
2. I believe Balin was dead maybe 30/35 years before the War of the Ring (god knows I going to get corrected on this by someone ;) )

And just because you can't please everyone doesn't mean that their ideas should go into a full null n' void effect. Because wasn't you that put up the comments and suggestion topics :p . Sound like you want people to give their opinion, it's just you don't want them to give it to you because it annoys you when they do. Seems kind of tetchy don't you think. ;)

Posted Image

Posted Image

#99 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 09 July 2007 - 03:36 AM

1. I beleive they are the same:

Thorin fought at the Battle of Azanulbizar in 2799. It was there that he earned the name Oakenshield when his shield was broken and he used the branch of an oak tree in its place. Thorin was wounded and his brother Frerin was killed, but in the end the Dwarves were victorious. Nevertheless, the Dwarves did not reclaim Khazad-dum because of Dain Ironfoot's warning that Durin's Bane, the Balrog, still lurked within.

More HERE!
2. If he was dead 35 years before, how come his cousin Gimli didn't know that? I don't see my cousins that often but I sure did since I was born though ;) But maybe the cousin part was invented by the film? I don't know... Balin link!

About the rest: Please don't go there, you'll only annoy me personally buy doing that DF... Besides wasn't you the one to say "I'd be a happier man if I didn't have to read Naz's and Sul's reactions about OT stuff" and such? IN this case I wasn't talking about any person or post in particular, I was talking about the general public's constant shifting from "add as much as you can" to the opposite somtimes. We're doing free "work" here, and as much fun as it is to please others, I dont appreciate when the tone of, say Matias post" was like, "if you ad this you're stupid cause he and this and that didn't exist/live then". What we're doing here is something that is supposed to be fun and creative and stimulating for ourselves (like I've said several times before, I know). Making others happy is merely a bonus. And it's not very stimulating to hear pure complaints. Suggestions is fine, but when things repededly get into something more of lectures, I get slightly annoyed yes. And when someone tells me I can't react that way, I get annoyed for real... :p

So, maybe you're right - maybe I should close this topic instead ;)

Edited by Nazgûl, 07 November 2007 - 04:55 PM.

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#100 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 12 July 2007 - 12:59 AM

*REOPENED* (Does it spell like that, lol)?
-----------------------------
Not to talk about dwarven heroes though, but of a new hero for them; Bilbo.
I've just made a skin for him, so now I need some suggestions on what he should be able to do, other than
1) Draw sword
2) Throw rocks

What should his special power be?... :p

Edited by Nazgûl, 12 July 2007 - 01:03 AM.

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users