#21 robnkarla

robnkarla

title available

• Hosted
  • 1,849 posts
  • Projects:RJ-RotWK
  •  crazy coder

Posted 27 July 2007 - 01:08 AM

For the defenses, they are there. For some reason on higher level detail they are hiding.....

#22 lotrfan

lotrfan

title available

• Project Team
  • 318 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 06:28 AM

Hi

I had made a list of a couple of problems that i found with the Dwarven faction while playing carn andros. It was a FFA. The other 2 armies were both goblins. I lost the list but i will try to remember the rest from memory.

1. There is a typo in Thorin's ability. It says "Thorin gains a permanent increase to their hitpoints.
2. The ai seems to be messed up. They built heroes LATE game. After an hour or so. They never got unts from higher level structures (such as spider riders and mountain giants).
3. One of the neutral decoration buildings (in this map and in the 4 player map u have, such as the tents in ur 4 player map) are at half health and burning.

This is all that i remember for now. If i will probably add more problems i found.

#23 Dalf32

Dalf32

The Ever-Willing

• Project Team
  • 1,923 posts
  • Projects:Beta Testing RJ-RotWK

Posted 27 July 2007 - 06:42 PM

iv never had a problem with ai's not bilding high-level units. wat lvl was the ai? if its hard or brutal it will get high level units quickly. (as well as expensive heros)

"A wizard is never late, nor is he early; he arrives precisely when he means to."

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#24 Distant

Distant
  • Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 01:40 PM

Ah ha! I figured it out. I can now consistently recreate the bug where a lone man of dale flag carrier with no AI that the enemy doesn’t attack is created. Turns out is has nothing to do with fighting. Here’s the step by step.

Step 1: Create a unit of men of dale. I’ve been doing this with archers but I expect to discover it works with the soldiers to.

Step 2: Upgrade the unit with a banner carrier.

Step 3: Create a unit of dwarves that is capable of merging with the unit of men of dale. In the case of archers, this can be axe throwers or phalanx.

Step 4: Merge the units.

What you will see happen is that the dwarves automatically spawn the dwarven banner carrier to lead the merged unit and the men of dale banner carrier detaches himself but remains in play with the odd behaviors I mentioned earlier. I’ll put an edit to this post or another post after I’ve played a bit with the swordsmen to see if they react the same way as the archers.

#25 Spointz2020

Spointz2020
  • Members
  • 153 posts
  • Projects:RJ-Rotwk Beta Tester

Posted 07 August 2007 - 01:45 PM

:p

Ah ha! I figured it out. I can now consistently recreate the bug where a lone man of dale flag carrier with no AI that the enemy doesn’t attack is created. Turns out is has nothing to do with fighting. Here’s the step by step.

Step 1: Create a unit of men of dale. I’ve been doing this with archers but I expect to discover it works with the soldiers to.

Step 2: Upgrade the unit with a banner carrier.

Step 3: Create a unit of dwarves that is capable of merging with the unit of men of dale. In the case of archers, this can be axe throwers or phalanx.

Step 4: Merge the units.

What you will see happen is that the dwarves automatically spawn the dwarven banner carrier to lead the merged unit and the men of dale banner carrier detaches himself but remains in play with the odd behaviors I mentioned earlier. I’ll put an edit to this post or another post after I’ve played a bit with the swordsmen to see if they react the same way as the archers.

haha those exploitable bugs can be so fun and entertaining, and overpowering ^_^ gj finding the bugg/glitch!
I found a similar one pertaining to the noldor warriros whenever they lose a memeber and regenerate though ;)
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#26 Distant

Distant
  • Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 02:24 PM

Some more details about the lone banner carrier bug:

It can work for a dwarven banner carrier just as well as a men of dale one. When merging men of dale and dwarven groups, whichever group is in the back will have it’s existing banner carrier detached into a lone banner carrier glitched unit. So dwarven axe throwers, merged with men of dale soldiers, can produce a dwarven lone banner carrier.

The bug does not work if both units in the merge have their banner carriers out already. The bug will only occur if the unit that will be in the back row has its banner carrier out, and the unit to be in the front row does not.

On an unrelated note, I also noticed two bugs with dwarven siege hammer guardians.

1: The mouse-over text does not display their level.
2: They don’t have a ground highlight around them when selected, even when in a mixed group with axe guardians.

#27 Distant

Distant
  • Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 08:58 PM

I should never be confused with an artist, however as a big fan of the dwarves I’ve become frustrated by the guardians having no iconic difference between the buttons to build the axe version or the hammer version. So I did this.

Posted Image

I supplemented my complete lack of artistic skill by using existing graphics for axe, hammer, and spear to create some clarity in which dwarf is which. I also have a .dds version of it, but I don’t completely understand how the .big files work so I’m hesitant to try anything with it.

I’d say “I hope it’s of use,” but really what I hope is that someone who knows what they are doing better than I has this covered already.

#28 Spointz2020

Spointz2020
  • Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 12:40 PM

well actually i think u did great job with both the regular Guardian icon, and the Siege Hammer version of teh Guardian.... just the typical spear for the Phalanx batt. seems out of place - especially cuz they usually carry unique type looking spears or well - "phalanxes" ;)
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#29 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  • Projects:RJ RotWK, Twilight of the Republic, HDLH
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Global Moderator
  • Donated

Posted 15 August 2007 - 02:00 PM

yeah, they have that trident type spear i think. nice work on the guardians tho ;)

yodasig2.png
My political compass
There's a story that the grass is so green...what did I see? Where have I been?

#30 dojob

dojob

AoW+DoW ftw

• Project Team
  • 1,304 posts
  • Projects:Beta testing for WoA, RJ, and KotW
  •  Cav Rusher + Beta Tester

Posted 15 August 2007 - 10:02 PM

Move Gloin's slam power to level 3 It can kill a lot of uruks if they're close enough and if Arveleg's and Elrohir's Sword Blasts (which do the same thing) are around level 3, then why shouldn't Gloin's?

And move his "insta-destroy-building" power to level 6.
Some helpful info on RotWK replays
Game Replays Forums; I am Panda Bear™
Awesome sig by TravTech :D PANDA POWER!!!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

And please add Bear-mans

#31 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Donated

Posted 16 August 2007 - 12:13 AM

because elrohir and arveleg's powers are clones of wizard blast, which is more powerful. gloing usually only gets 3 units, u just happened to have that semi glitch where 20 units and standing in the same place, in which case any unit with splash damage would kill them all. his lvl4 power isnt instant destroy building :rolleyes: only vs the weaker ones.

yodasig2.png
My political compass

#32 Distant

Distant
  • Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 06:12 AM

Thanks for the complements. I would have liked to do better with the spear, but I’m quite lost when it comes to creating original art. The only spear graphic I came across while rummaging through the .big files was the hero “spear throw” ability which is why it looks more like a Rohan spear. Because it is a Rohan spear. Manipulating transparency maps and resizing images I can handle. That whole drawing thing is still beyond me. I’m not above redoing it, however, if someone can feed me a passable dwarven pike graphic.

#33 dojob

dojob

AoW+DoW ftw

• Project Team
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 17 August 2007 - 09:07 PM

because elrohir and arveleg's powers are clones of wizard blast, which is more powerful. gloing usually only gets 3 units, u just happened to have that semi glitch where 20 units and standing in the same place, in which case any unit with splash damage would kill them all. his lvl4 power isnt instant destroy building :good: only vs the weaker ones.

What semi-glitch? I thought they were just close. Either way, that did too much damage (killed like half my army) to be a level 1 power. And still, move the insta-normal building-killer power to level 5, 6, or 7.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

And please add Bear-mans

#34 Spointz2020

Spointz2020
  • Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 18 August 2007 - 10:10 AM

i want the dwarves to get a few more dwarven units :) :p
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#35 Dalf32

Dalf32

The Ever-Willing

• Project Team
  • 1,923 posts
  • Projects:Beta Testing RJ-RotWK

Posted 20 August 2007 - 02:21 AM

any ideas 4 those new units?

"A wizard is never late, nor is he early; he arrives precisely when he means to."

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#36 Allathar

Allathar

これを翻訳する

• Project Team
  • 2,752 posts
  • Projects:RJ-RotWK
  •  Greedy capitalist and cynical bastard.

Posted 20 August 2007 - 11:12 AM

Crossbowmen, Khazad Guard, Miners...
It has been reported that some victims of rape, during the act, would retreat into a fantasy world from which they could not WAKE UP. In this catatonic state, the victim lived in a world just like their normal one, except they weren't being raped. The only way that they realized they needed to WAKE UP was a note they found in their fantasy world. It would tell them about their condition, and tell them to WAKE UP. Even then, it would often take months until they were ready to discard their fantasy world and PLEASE WAKE UP

#37 dojob

dojob

AoW+DoW ftw

• Project Team
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 04:48 PM

Maybe some Blue Mountains Dwarves, Beornings, Men from Esgaroth/Dorwinion...
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

And please add Bear-mans

#38 Gherrick

Gherrick

Drunken Bastard

• Project Team
  • 374 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 07:18 AM

Eagles, Dwarves of Iron Hills with pickaxes, Dwarven Scouts, Beornings!! (oy yes!!)
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#39 Zyzzyva

Zyzzyva
  • Project Team
  • 158 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 01:21 AM

I don't think this has been said before. On the four player RJ map (i think its called anorien, anyways the one thats gondorian, not the rohan one) I played 3 unallied brutals (gondor, isen, dwarves) as gobos and when i finally defeated the dwarven citadel (man, can that thing go for a long time. I mean, full 1500 cp and all heroes plus balrog couldn't take it down in one pass :good: .) the walls didn't die. It wasn't until I killed the resoure buildings around the outside that it finally disapeared.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Despair is only for those who see the end beyond all doubt. We do not. It is wisdom to recognize necessity, when all other courses have been weighed, though as folly it may appear to those who cling to false hope. Well, let folly be our cloak, a veil before the eyes of the Enemy! For he is very wise, and weighs all things to a nicety in the scales of his malice. But the only measure that he knows is desire, desire for power; and so he judges all hearts. Into his heart the thought will not enter that any will refuse it, that having the Ring we may seek to destroy it. If we seek this, we shall put him out of reckoning.
-Gandalf

#40 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Donated

Posted 28 October 2007 - 01:06 PM

hmmmm, anorien has a lot of bugs. did isen's ai even work? we'll check it out though.

yodasig2.png
My political compass

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users