1712 replies to this topic

#61 Spointz2020

Spointz2020
  • Members
  • 153 posts
  • Projects:RJ-Rotwk Beta Tester

Posted 18 August 2007 - 10:23 AM

yes that is the correct name.

whoa so, the Men of North were referred to as the "Dunedain" even b4 the fall of Arnor??? :p
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#62 Dalf32

Dalf32

The Ever-Willing

• Project Team
  • 1,923 posts
  • Projects:Beta Testing RJ-RotWK

Posted 20 August 2007 - 02:25 AM

yea perty much. its the nam of the certain race of men.

"A wizard is never late, nor is he early; he arrives precisely when he means to."

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#63 lycan

lycan

title available

• Banned
  • 553 posts
  • Projects:HP Mod
  •  Im just a guy around these forums

Posted 30 August 2007 - 10:45 AM

i just get all the heroes though, my way of play usually means i get them easily
by the beginning 15-20 minutes of play i have usually 20-25 batts of arnor soldiers

thats very bad if your not playing RJ's maps u would get owned heavily and what if the opposition go for horses or an very early powerful rush becasue u obviously dont rush.

*cough rush very fast i do*

BUGS!

this isnt a bug but

theres no arnor image after the game at the menu stats (give em gondors)

and i think arnor should be different than gondor

a mini amon sul base will do fine (someone suggested)

Edited by elvenfury, 30 August 2007 - 09:06 PM.

#64 robnkarla

robnkarla

title available

• Hosted
  • 1,849 posts
  • Projects:RJ-RotWK
  •  crazy coder

Posted 30 August 2007 - 04:50 PM

Well, the good news on the Arnor front is that I hope to soon have some new buildings for Arnor. I've been first working on the Harad and Rhun buildings, but Arnor is next and so hopefully they will be more unique in a couple weeks.

#65 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  • Projects:RJ RotWK, Twilight of the Republic, HDLH
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Global Moderator
  • Donated

Posted 30 August 2007 - 07:43 PM

sweet!!!

yodasig2.png
My political compass
There's a story that the grass is so green...what did I see? Where have I been?

#66 Lord_Denethor

Lord_Denethor
  • Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 08:44 PM

i just get all the heroes though, my way of play usually means i get them easily
by the beginning 15-20 minutes of play i have usually 20-25 batts of arnor soldiers

thats very bad if your not playing RJ's maps u would get owned heavily and what if the opposition go for horses or an very early powerful rush becasue i obviously dont rush.

BUGS!

this isnt a bug but

theres no arnor image after the game at the menu stats (give em gondors)

and i think arnor should be different than gondor

a mini amon sul base will do fine (someone suggested)

I suggested the mini amon sul! (Not to brag) but Anyway, Arnor is without a doubt the best faction. I made a comment in the suggestions forums, and i said that i think Arnor should replace Gondor in the Fall of Arnor Scenario. Because its pretty lame how you have Aragorn and Boromir. :xcahik_:

Edited by Lord_Denethor, 30 August 2007 - 08:45 PM.

"Hail Denethor, Son of Ecthelion, Lord and Steward of Gondor!"-Gandalf the White

"The Rule of Gondor is mine, and no others!!" -Denethor II, Lord and Steward of Gondor

#67 Shikari

Shikari

Allons-y!

• Project Team
  • 1,327 posts
  • Projects:RJ - RotWK
  •  2D Art

Posted 30 August 2007 - 09:00 PM

I thought I was the one who came up with that idea :s Great minds think alike Denethor :xcahik_:

if there has not been an unique model already designed for arnor's fort i thought a scaled down model of the amon sul fort might work well. it would also be good to switch the walls and towers to the ones used in this map on the fortress as they are different to gondor's

I guess Rob was way ahead us on that one though so i'm not sure why I brought that up.

I noticed in another mod, I can't even remeber which one Dunedain rangers had snowy cloaks for the snow maps. That would be really cool to put in.

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

#68 lycan

lycan

title available

• Banned
  • 553 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 09:04 PM

thats completley true replace gondor with arnor in fall of arnor

@ rob sweet arnor and me make perfect win

#69 Lord_Denethor

Lord_Denethor
  • Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 01:16 AM

I thought I was the one who came up with that idea :s Great minds think alike Denethor :)

if there has not been an unique model already designed for arnor's fort i thought a scaled down model of the amon sul fort might work well. it would also be good to switch the walls and towers to the ones used in this map on the fortress as they are different to gondor's

I guess Rob was way ahead us on that one though so i'm not sure why I brought that up.

I noticed in another mod, I can't even remeber which one Dunedain rangers had snowy cloaks for the snow maps. That would be really cool to put in.

Oh yeah great minds do think alike. Well said. I didnt realize you thought the same. But I think a mini-amon sul fort would be fricken sweet. Fortress upgrades would be hard but could be done with the Hex editor Rob raves about.
"Hail Denethor, Son of Ecthelion, Lord and Steward of Gondor!"-Gandalf the White

"The Rule of Gondor is mine, and no others!!" -Denethor II, Lord and Steward of Gondor

#70 Aadam

Aadam
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 09:49 AM

Why there aren't trebucher {It doesn't destroyed}

Posted Image

#71 Spointz2020

Spointz2020
  • Members
  • 153 posts
  • Projects:RJ-Rotwk Beta Tester

Posted 01 September 2007 - 02:38 PM

Why there aren't trebucher {It doesn't destroyed}

Posted Image

yea thats actually a quite a bit of a bug...a nd its been around since the beginning of the mod.. not sure if ne one has pointed that out yet other than u... but well its seriously been around for A WHILE and i'd be surprised to see dat it hasn't yet been mentioned or somewhat accounted for... in any case i do hope it is dealt with quickly.. as that is the type of lil' comon stuff that hampers the mod from reaching "perfection" :dry: :wacko:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#72 lycan

lycan

title available

• Banned
  • 553 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 01:31 PM

when the barracks and archery range is up there are gondorian soldiers, archers doing animations maybe change it to arnor animations not the gondorian soldiers

#73 Dalf32

Dalf32

The Ever-Willing

• Project Team
  • 1,923 posts
  • Projects:Beta Testing RJ-RotWK

Posted 03 September 2007 - 11:40 PM

the arnor trebuchet glitch has been mentioned 2 or 3 times b4, just not dealt w/ yet. i believe all/most of the arnor bildins will b gettin a rework, but im not positive.

"A wizard is never late, nor is he early; he arrives precisely when he means to."

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#74 Thorin III Stonehelm

Thorin III Stonehelm
  • Project Team
  • 135 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 08:17 AM

I have a suggestion for Arnor's knights - since you use Nertea's Imrahil, you can use his Dol Amrot Knights, too(Gondor) and use EA's DA knights as Arnor knights(they don't look very dol amroth-ish, do they?). Thus you'll have unique-looking Arnor knights.

#75 Vithar-133

Vithar-133

Violent Gandhi

• Project Team
  • 1,975 posts
  • Projects:Existing
  •  It's not your skill, boys. It's your will. Ooh-rah!

Posted 05 September 2007 - 07:52 PM

Great idea, Thorin. EA's KoDA look good, but they would be better as Arnorian knights.

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#76 lycan

lycan

title available

• Banned
  • 553 posts

Posted 08 September 2007 - 07:53 PM

that would be good :p

but

when u finish the game arnor has a black square maybe use one of these

http://www.forodrim....ry/heraldry.htm look for arnor

and on the profile screen in skirmish use the pic in RJ website the painting of amon sul fortress,

#77 Guest_screechingshadowdemon_*

Guest_screechingshadowdemon_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 September 2007 - 06:56 AM

suggestion: i think that the arnor units should get their plantir pics changed. ie dunedain rangers changed in the similar fashion like the summon dunedain power. i like their hero army unit numennorian knights, but i think their voices need to change. like a clone of knights of dol amroth.

#78 Guest_screechingshadowdemon_*

Guest_screechingshadowdemon_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 September 2007 - 07:17 AM

suggestion: i think that the arnor units should get their plantir pics changed. ie dunedain rangers changed in the similar fashion like the summon dunedain power. i like their hero army unit numennorian knights, but i think their voices need to change. like a clone of knights of dol amroth.

i forgot to add this :D , but when playing as arnor in wotr the dunedain archer and rangers buttons after buildings a barracks on the wotr map are switched, 1 makes the other.

#79 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  • Projects:RJ RotWK, Twilight of the Republic, HDLH
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Global Moderator
  • Donated

Posted 25 September 2007 - 07:49 PM

wotr has yet to be worked on for public release

yodasig2.png
My political compass
There's a story that the grass is so green...what did I see? Where have I been?

#80 Guest_ColdForgedSoul_*

Guest_ColdForgedSoul_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 December 2007 - 09:11 PM

How about including Strider as an inn unit? with powers almost similar to the movies. just a suggestion that suddenly came to my mind.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users