769 replies to this topic

#41 Dalf32

Dalf32

The Ever-Willing

• Project Team
  • 1,923 posts
  • Projects:Beta Testing RJ-RotWK

Posted 22 July 2007 - 04:26 AM

it dosnt mak sense 4 gobs as they r 4 the most part wild and wuld not organize lit torches really. besides, they hav trolls and giants, as well as drakes, which can destroy all but fortresses.
thers no real need 4 siege units in any of the evil factions.

"A wizard is never late, nor is he early; he arrives precisely when he means to."

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#42 Allathar

Allathar

これを翻訳する

• Project Team
  • 2,752 posts
  • Projects:RJ-RotWK
  •  Greedy capitalist and cynical bastard.

Posted 22 July 2007 - 10:44 AM

Lemme see:

Gobbo's: Giants & trolls
Mordor: catapults & trolls
Isengard: ballista & mines
Angmar: catapult & trolls
Evil Men: ??? & mumaks

So, I'd guess Evil Men need a long-range siege weapon. There was a corsair ballista in Wars of the East, perhaps you could borrow that?

Gondor: trebuchet & battering ram
Elves: ents & ents
Dwarves: catapult & demolisher
Arnor: trebuchet & ram
Rohan: ents & ents

All fine here, but you could add a battering ram pulled by horses (which I've seen in a mod) to Rohan or a horse-moved catapult.
It has been reported that some victims of rape, during the act, would retreat into a fantasy world from which they could not WAKE UP. In this catatonic state, the victim lived in a world just like their normal one, except they weren't being raped. The only way that they realized they needed to WAKE UP was a note they found in their fantasy world. It would tell them about their condition, and tell them to WAKE UP. Even then, it would often take months until they were ready to discard their fantasy world and PLEASE WAKE UP

#43 Dalf32

Dalf32

The Ever-Willing

• Project Team
  • 1,923 posts

Posted 22 July 2007 - 03:40 PM

wen did gondor get a ram?
speaking of siege, they shuldnt knock down heros. it makes sense, but it pretty much screws ur hero.
i mean 2 long range siege will mak it so that the hero can never run away or attack.

Edited by Dalf32, 22 July 2007 - 03:45 PM.

"A wizard is never late, nor is he early; he arrives precisely when he means to."

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#44 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  • Projects:RJ RotWK, Twilight of the Republic, HDLH
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Global Moderator
  • Donated

Posted 23 July 2007 - 05:40 AM

so get two heros. :blink: it does make sense, so you just have to be careful about letting your heros go roam around solo.

yodasig2.png
My political compass
There's a story that the grass is so green...what did I see? Where have I been?

#45 Dalf32

Dalf32

The Ever-Willing

• Project Team
  • 1,923 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 12:11 PM

i mean if u got a hero leading and army and all the siege targets the hero (which happens vry often with ai) then ur units r busy with the enemy units and ur hero is screwed. thats wat im talkin bout. u cant always get another hero ther in time 2 save the first 1.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#46 The Best Guest

The Best Guest

Herald of Kane.....

• Division Admins
  • 2,048 posts
  • Projects:Revora, {IP}
  •  Varied
  • Division:C&C Guild
  • Job:PR Admin

Posted 23 July 2007 - 03:39 PM

Bug
I was playing the brown lands and i had an orc battlion with banner carrier and a couplle orcs died but when they started replacing units they were single units not added to the battleion
mrbar.jpg
SEE-Team_MapEditor.jpg

#47 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Donated

Posted 23 July 2007 - 05:22 PM

i mean if u got a hero leading and army and all the siege targets the hero (which happens vry often with ai) then ur units r busy with the enemy units and ur hero is screwed. thats wat im talkin bout. u cant always get another hero ther in time 2 save the first 1.

true, in that case you're bummed if you dont have any cav or siege yourself. id avoid getting into those situations :p

yodasig2.png
My political compass

#48 Dalf32

Dalf32

The Ever-Willing

• Project Team
  • 1,923 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 08:38 PM

i always try 2 avoid thos situations, but its not always possible; especially if ur tryin 2 retreat/pull bak. its still a pain in the arse.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#49 Allathar

Allathar

これを翻訳する

• Project Team
  • 2,752 posts
  •  Greedy capitalist and cynical bastard.

Posted 24 July 2007 - 12:40 PM

Nah not rly. I always keep some cav back in case they quickly need to destroy some siege.
It has been reported that some victims of rape, during the act, would retreat into a fantasy world from which they could not WAKE UP. In this catatonic state, the victim lived in a world just like their normal one, except they weren't being raped. The only way that they realized they needed to WAKE UP was a note they found in their fantasy world. It would tell them about their condition, and tell them to WAKE UP. Even then, it would often take months until they were ready to discard their fantasy world and PLEASE WAKE UP

#50 dojob

dojob

AoW+DoW ftw

• Project Team
  • 1,304 posts
  • Projects:Beta testing for WoA, RJ, and KotW
  •  Cav Rusher + Beta Tester

Posted 24 July 2007 - 10:19 PM

Yeah and if i see enemy siege I usually take it out with my own siege. As for heroes, unless their bogged down, try to keep them moving.
Some helpful info on RotWK replays
Game Replays Forums; I am Panda Bear™
Awesome sig by TravTech :D PANDA POWER!!!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

And please add Bear-mans

#51 Jepa

Jepa
  • Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 12:25 AM

Should be fun if you can build Grond as a sieg work but just 1 at the time. And I think it´s take to long time to bult nazgûl with feelbeast the upgrade time should go a litle faster ;) When you mark all the uruks and the wargs/wolf there are not some textures?? (some thing at the ground which helps you to se that they are market)

#52 Dalf32

Dalf32

The Ever-Willing

• Project Team
  • 1,923 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 02:27 AM

w-w-wa-wa-wat?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#53 robnkarla

robnkarla

title available

• Hosted
  • 1,849 posts
  •  crazy coder

Posted 26 July 2007 - 03:10 AM

Yes, I will be adding grond to be built by Mordor, only 1. As for the decals, I noticed this as well. I'm not sure why they are not showing up on the new models.

Robert J.

#54 Jepa

Jepa
  • Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 01:46 PM

Mordors uruk can´t build there upgrades. But I wan´t more orcs insted of uruks. Orc spearmen and things like that. I don´t think the orc warriors should be for free..Also I don´t like that the nazgûls needs to die before you can upgrade them with fellbeast, as I said before, if you upgrade the fellbeast option before you build the nazgûls then you could build the nazgûls with fellbeast directly after when the nazgûls arrive. Please I like that system better, if not, you will never gonna get all of the nazgûls with their fellbeast. If you don´t like that idea, then you could make the respawn time a little bit shorter.

Edited by Jepa, 27 July 2007 - 04:01 PM.

#55 Zyzzyva

Zyzzyva
  • Project Team
  • 158 posts

Posted 28 July 2007 - 08:32 PM

Ok A couple Things:

Witch King still gets lightning at lvl 2. I dont know whether this is a bug or not, but a couple times ive checked his health, hes still had about 2/5, and next minute hes dead. Health bar bug or just me?

Nazgul cant get fellbeasts in fortresses like Minas Morgul, because the Nazgul Research is a fortress upgrade, which are not availible there
Posted Image

Posted Image

Despair is only for those who see the end beyond all doubt. We do not. It is wisdom to recognize necessity, when all other courses have been weighed, though as folly it may appear to those who cling to false hope. Well, let folly be our cloak, a veil before the eyes of the Enemy! For he is very wise, and weighs all things to a nicety in the scales of his malice. But the only measure that he knows is desire, desire for power; and so he judges all hearts. Into his heart the thought will not enter that any will refuse it, that having the Ring we may seek to destroy it. If we seek this, we shall put him out of reckoning.
-Gandalf

#56 Vithar-133

Vithar-133

Violent Gandhi

• Project Team
  • 1,975 posts
  • Projects:Existing
  •  It's not your skill, boys. It's your will. Ooh-rah!

Posted 30 July 2007 - 09:28 PM

You can't select orc pikeman in porcupine formation become unselectable, yet when they are in line formation they are selectable. also apparently orc have the ability to use Force Jump as one orc in a battalion, leapt from the ground to the bridge over a gondor gate, and then back to the ground!

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#57 Spointz2020

Spointz2020
  • Members
  • 153 posts
  • Projects:RJ-Rotwk Beta Tester

Posted 03 August 2007 - 04:58 PM

1) i was playing Minas morgul one day as mordor and i was up against two med AI's w/ one of 'em being mordor. The mordor player would always send bunch of orc warrior/archer hordes up against my wall near the bridge and the main gate.. a little to the right/bottom. But somehow even when my main gate is fully closed, and his orcs start massing ther whilst i attempt to shoot his guyz down, his hordes somehow mysteriously just "walk through" that thick wall!! :) it really started to become annoying, but there was nothing i could do to prevent it other than station more archers on walls ( who wouldn't even stay still lol)

2) this is a very very important point. As already a few people have said, the ORCS simply CANNOT BE FREE
I mean think about it... Men and elves? should definitely be mroe elite on standard compared to the hordy, numerous, but individually pathetic orcs and goblins. That we all agree upon. But its clearlydefinted by Tolkien and various other depictions such as Movies, fans, and even initially this game too - that goblins are defined more strongly about this "spammable" and disposable characteristic. Of course, they are also naturally described as being a lot faster and quickly overruning enemy forces. Meanwhile orcs, aren't as nearly as "spammable" or disposable, and although they are not as hordy and quickly overrunning - they are naturally more efficient "servants." Think about it rob - how bout make orcs cost around 30 - 70resources while making gobs between 0 - 30!! of course i think goblin build time should DEFINITELY be a lot shorter, and their essential stats like attack, armor, and perhaps even vision be decreased drastically in some terms. But as I said, keep their speed fast, or perhaps even faster and very very small CP should be taken by 'em poison blade should be used, and they should also have big hordes. Personally i think a single batallion of guardians should make mince meat out of about 3 goblin hordes :cool: I mean seriously they should literally be pathetic, but so outnumbering!

So about the orcs still, they like i said earlier should have cheap cost (but most definitely not free as that destroys the one of the few differentiations between gobs and orcs) weak stats (not pathetic) and slowish to med speed. and bad vision. however, they should still be gifted with decent enough hp to make them effective meatshields or even assault forces "en masse" <- by this type of thing im referring more to Maddox and the BT's initial approach at orcs for mordor when patch 1.05 for original bfme 2 came out.

Plz i beg you rob, plz consider this as it feels painful everytime i see the mordor orc, then the gob warriors, that they are both free!!!!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#58 Dalf32

Dalf32

The Ever-Willing

• Project Team
  • 1,923 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 06:15 PM

y hsuldnt they b free? i dont c a real reason y not, and i certainly dont mind.
i mean just look at the battle at the pelennor fields, the wer tens of thousands of orcs! that was barely scraping the surface. after all the orcs at the pelennor fields wer wiped out, ther wer still plenty of orcs (thousands) at the final battle in front of the black gate.

and ur mistaken saying that goblins r mor spammable than orcs. ur rong bc goblins ARE orcs. they simply liv in a diff place and hav evolved a little differently (larger eyes and different movement/speech). i think robs decision 2 mak both orcs and goblins free makes perfect sense and i wuldnt dispute it.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#59 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Donated

Posted 03 August 2007 - 07:30 PM

2) this is a very very important point. As already a few people have said, the ORCS simply CANNOT BE FREE
I mean think about it... Men and elves? should definitely be mroe elite on standard compared to the hordy, numerous, but individually pathetic orcs and goblins. That we all agree upon. But its clearlydefinted by Tolkien and various other depictions such as Movies, fans, and even initially this game too - that goblins are defined more strongly about this "spammable" and disposable characteristic. Of course, they are also naturally described as being a lot faster and quickly overruning enemy forces. Meanwhile orcs, aren't as nearly as "spammable" or disposable, and although they are not as hordy and quickly overrunning - they are naturally more efficient "servants." Think about it rob - how bout make orcs cost around 30 - 70resources while making gobs between 0 - 30!! of course i think goblin build time should DEFINITELY be a lot shorter, and their essential stats like attack, armor, and perhaps even vision be decreased drastically in some terms. But as I said, keep their speed fast, or perhaps even faster and very very small CP should be taken by 'em poison blade should be used, and they should also have big hordes. Personally i think a single batallion of guardians should make mince meat out of about 3 goblin hordes :) I mean seriously they should literally be pathetic, but so outnumbering!

So about the orcs still, they like i said earlier should have cheap cost (but most definitely not free as that destroys the one of the few differentiations between gobs and orcs) weak stats (not pathetic) and slowish to med speed. and bad vision. however, they should still be gifted with decent enough hp to make them effective meatshields or even assault forces "en masse" <- by this type of thing im referring more to Maddox and the BT's initial approach at orcs for mordor when patch 1.05 for original bfme 2 came out.

Plz i beg you rob, plz consider this as it feels painful everytime i see the mordor orc, then the gob warriors, that they are both free!!!!

actually, gobbos will be the ones that cost 30 and orcs will be free. mordor had over 100,000 orcs at minas tirith, and at least 10,000 at black gate. because you cant have unlimited cp in bfme, the free cost is designed to mirror that effect. imo orcs were more spammable than gobbos, but goblins are gonna have poison blades and such to make up for their extra price.

yodasig2.png
My political compass

#60 Shikari

Shikari

Allons-y!

• Project Team
  • 1,327 posts
  • Projects:RJ - RotWK
  •  2D Art

Posted 03 August 2007 - 07:54 PM

I agree, orcs outnumber men so hugely in the books and films that they should definetly be free. Purely from a playing perspective it is one of mordors most useful weapons to quickly mass huge armies of (fairly) useless orcs. This in my mind makes the game realistic and gives the evil factions the crucial difference from the good factions (if orcs + gobs were more expensive they would have to be stronger to make them worth building which would take away from the fact that the forces of good are more elite and stronger fighters despite being less in number.)
you cant beat seeing a vast army of orcs making their way across the map with a few trolls in front and a group of catapults behind. its what the games all about in my mind :)

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users