Posted 16 July 2007 - 07:42 PM
But, it's your mod after all, so it's your decision, and you've done awesome work so far!
Posted 16 July 2007 - 08:22 PM
Posted 17 July 2007 - 07:53 PM
Posted 17 July 2007 - 08:06 PM
Posted 18 July 2007 - 02:18 PM
Posted 18 July 2007 - 02:52 PM
Posted 18 July 2007 - 03:52 PM
Posted 18 July 2007 - 06:24 PM
Posted 18 July 2007 - 07:07 PM
Despair is only for those who see the end beyond all doubt. We do not. It is wisdom to recognize necessity, when all other courses have been weighed, though as folly it may appear to those who cling to false hope. Well, let folly be our cloak, a veil before the eyes of the Enemy! For he is very wise, and weighs all things to a nicety in the scales of his malice. But the only measure that he knows is desire, desire for power; and so he judges all hearts. Into his heart the thought will not enter that any will refuse it, that having the Ring we may seek to destroy it. If we seek this, we shall put him out of reckoning.
Posted 29 July 2007 - 12:39 AM
Posted 29 July 2007 - 02:49 AM
thatd be awesome
OH when half troll swords are trampled, they break off and some are the single units and they have the 'charge' power but cant use it
Posted 02 August 2007 - 04:00 PM
1) Rob i agree with you on how despite the spider riders being slightly "untolkienish" they have their own taste and part in the gob faction of uniquness and something fresh.
2) as many have already noted, i agree too on the fact that spiderlings should be kept period.
3) I think it was Allathar who posted the image, but that image of the Gob Warg riders are AMAZING personally i think that they look simply to sexy to be ignored, wher ever those guyz are from, i think we should definitely use those models, and implement them to gob faction - and i agree to on how in The Hobbit the wolf riders are mentioned OVER AND OVER AGAIN fighting alongside the goblins! they are an essential component
4) now here's the thing - since many of us agree that gobs should definitely get the wolf riders, while some of us also think that SPider riders should not be taken away ( i favor both ) here's the solution i have: perhaps we could leave the spider riders be, while also including the Wolf riderS? i know its not impossible, and its jsut that i'm like desperate to see both those guyz in gobs - one of my favorite factions! I mean think about it, this wouldn't be the first time more than one cavalry has been given to a race at all! so why not make either of those riders elite, whilst other one is more basic but numerous? I don't see anything wrong with it, and it would just as be much better seeing as this mod in particular promotes expansion, and more units and more content! - also i ve said this in the other thread but REMEMBER: "The More the Marrier! "
5) now about that gob hero.... couldn't we retain most of them while either one of em is traded off for the Great Goblin from the hobbit, or the Great Gob just be added? I mean he didn't have much a significant influence in the book, but he's been imaged up many times, and I like what he stands for.. say a big hulkish, fatty and "grotty" Goblin - like a fat gorilla - and while it lacks severely in its role as "a fighter hero" - compared to some of the other melee based heroes, the Great Goblin could have various forms of interesting, and new leadership based abilities that would make it pretty damned unique. Perhaps summoning several hordes of goblins (as we haven't really seen that so far) And also it could have scavenging-promoting ability - different from the other forms of gob abilities wher they simply get more money - perhaps he would give a passive ability that gives a decent reduction in upgrade prices for individual hordes... or just make that like a lvl 10 elite ability or the like, and allow it to make upgrades free for all hordes! but in either cases, I'm sure we could think of many many interesting forms of abilities and powers for the Great Goblin, and he's just too cool to leave out!!
6) I'm actually okay with Gorkil riding a retarded, mutant giant scorpion but im not as crazy about retaining that as adding some serious goblinious content like Great goblin hero, keeping both Spider riders and wolf riders as cavalry and the such ...
7) did the gob half-troll marauder size get fixed? cuz they still look qutie small to me (smaller actuallly) even though i didnt even have the previous version of the mod
8)ughh damn i forgot wut i wus gonna say, but i no ur pretty damned bored about now if you actually ahd the balls to read through this thing so lol ....
Posted 02 August 2007 - 04:14 PM
1) is it just me or are Gob Archers absolutely OP>???? they can easily take on a single batallion of Gondor archers, or Gondor Soldiers, or even Tower Guards (who can't reach themn in time lol) so im thinking that perhaps u can keep most of their stats as is, but reduce slighly their dmg? cuz it seriously looked insane this time, where the Goblin AI would send 2 batallions of Gob archers to anhiallate my entire army and just when i thought i had won by sheer number in army (which is ironic cuz i was gondor, and he was gobs lol ), his cave troll came out of nowhere and kept my army bzy long enough for his archers to rape my guyz once again seriously i think they are way way way too strong, the only unit that seemed able to counter them wus (other than cavalry) the Gondor Citadel Guards who took about 5 minutes to shoot em all down, but barely lost any hp every time the stupid gob arrows pierced them lol.
2) Okay so as i was saying i was gondor while AI was Goblin, and he constantly harassed my base with his goblin army, and what he tended to do was attack on one side with archers and troll, while on other side his half-troll hord or two, and either one/two horde of goblin warriors, and of course my towers did kill off a few of them before they reached my RB, but they had entirely covered up my farm, and since my guyz and towers were way too far away to kill em off, i thought that my farms were doomed, but surprisingly one of my Tower Guard batallions (which took literally 1 minute to arrive) came in on time to slaughter 1 batallion of Half trollls along with 2 batts of gob warriors -_-, and they had only took away like 60% of my farm's HP!!! So i was thinking that these guyz (gob warriors and Half-trolls) seriously have an issue with damagin buildings.. i mean i know that they aren't just supposed to rape off buildings in one swipe and that RB's became more resilient with Rotwk, but seriously 1 minute and they still couldn't finish one farm?? o btw Goblins are at least acceptable against buildings but the half-trolls are a bigger issue, considering they were initially meant to be like "tier 2" and yet they seemingly fail to do ne better than the gob warriors at killing off buildings.. Also spiderllings i thought deserve stronger dmg against buildings... i mean their initial role also, wus supposed to be quick, base harassers - so with decent to fast speed, and mediocre dmg against units (weak vs. pikes and archers) they should at least be given their actual role back... let them be the hit and run harasser they were meant to be, and i think that'll retain the diversity of the gobs not jsut in units, but in strategyand stuff..
3) i've also posted this in the Gondor bug thread, but i'll do so again since it also pertains to the goblins: it seems that both the spiderlings and cave trolls from gobs. are totally "immune" to boro's Horn of Gondor (im unsure as of yet whether that was entirely intentional.. at least with the spiderlings)
P.s. - im in FULL favor of Warg riders being somewhat also a "counter-cavalry" type of unit - it makes perfect logic! Meanwhile how about berzerkers to counter archers? (whilst they become weakre against specialist dmg.) Or yet another alternative is, im not sure if this makes sense, but they could be a mixture of anti cavalry and anti archers, with out excelling to well on either!
P.S.S. - i'm also okay with the ANgmar version of drakes, but woudln't it get say too redundant of these retarded baby drakes kept on popping out so much lol?
Edited by Spointz2020, 02 August 2007 - 04:20 PM.
Posted 02 August 2007 - 06:44 PM
Posted 03 August 2007 - 01:32 AM
u playing with a handicp or something? ive played vs gobbos several times, and never gotton any of those bugs :( except the horn one, but thats expected since trolls and spiders arent really gonna be afraid of it and trolls just are too dumb
lol but its so annoying when my boro has like 1milimeter of hp, and blow horn in attempt to run away, only to realize the faster spiderlings are totally unaffected, and bam - they totally rape boro
and seriously check out those gob archers, at least against the mroe basic gondor units, cuz I SWEAR they took down my guyz like as if they were made of paper, inlike 2 seconds - i was standing ther (sitting actually) going like "JEESUS CHRIST WTF GOB ARCHERS ARE SUPPOSED TO BE CHEAP SPAMMABLE AND WEAK NOT UBER STRONG AND BE ABLE TO TAKE DOWN TOWER GUARDS IN 6 SECONDS (EVEN WITH SHIELD WALL AND DEFENSIVE STANCE!!)" okay maybe ididn't say it that long but i was sure as hell surprised when i realized just how strong these gob archers are....
Posted 06 August 2007 - 05:26 AM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users