Goblins

• Please log in to reply
475 replies to this topic

#61 Lord_Denethor

Lord_Denethor
  • Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 05:34 PM

ugh... c'mon!! :blush: I can't stand that Rob still hasn't even seen the part about the idea of Goblins faction having double cavalry just like elves and Rohan, etc. !! (whether it be versatile cavalry and melee cavalry or making spider riders archer only and complementing them with melee riders) I mean seirously it makes perfect sense, if we wanna keep unique spider riders in whilst also implementing the classic Wolf Riders to gobs. Or else the faction would still look so much like an EA distortion!! ;)

Hm.. lol, i no this is extreme but perhaps i should pm rob about the idea? I mean i know it'd probably be a bit difficult, but using either the basic model for the Angmar rider or some of the Isengard rider would make it quite easy! (btw did the goblins ride the Wolves or Wargs or both??? :blink: <- cuz i mean the wolves of the north im 99% were greatly associated with gobs... but wargs? )

Lastly, i completely agree bout black orcs and Halff ttroll Swordsman... such a huge disappointment, when they first came out - and they're sitll not fixed! I'm not a 100% sure on this, but is the Rotwk DC patch/mod rid of this issue? If so, we should try to adapt their change, as I'm pretty confident in most of their conditioning of the game. :)

whats RoTWK DC? I don't think any mod has fixed this issue. But where can i download this mod/patch, i would very much like to see the changelog.
"Hail Denethor, Son of Ecthelion, Lord and Steward of Gondor!"-Gandalf the White

"The Rule of Gondor is mine, and no others!!" -Denethor II, Lord and Steward of Gondor

#62 dojob

dojob

AoW+DoW ftw

• Project Team
  • 1,304 posts
  • Projects:Beta testing for WoA, RJ, and KotW
  •  Cav Rusher + Beta Tester

Posted 10 August 2007 - 06:53 PM

http://www.gamerepla...howtopic=174386
Some helpful info on RotWK replays
Game Replays Forums; I am Panda Bear™
Awesome sig by TravTech :D PANDA POWER!!!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

And please add Bear-mans

#63 Zyzzyva

Zyzzyva
  • Project Team
  • 158 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 10:12 PM

Hey maybe, to make it unique, They could have a goblin raider unit that wields torches and a sword (reskined upgraded dunlending?) and does good damage to both units and buildings, and they could MOUNT wargs. Makes them weaker vs buildings and weak to pikes but adds loads of speed. Based off of the raiders who would attack the Woodmen of West Mirkwood. Just an idea, but at least its not a unit half the other factions already have! ;) (of course, this could be alternately used for Isengard, or Mordor if they keep their warg riders.)
Posted Image

Posted Image

Despair is only for those who see the end beyond all doubt. We do not. It is wisdom to recognize necessity, when all other courses have been weighed, though as folly it may appear to those who cling to false hope. Well, let folly be our cloak, a veil before the eyes of the Enemy! For he is very wise, and weighs all things to a nicety in the scales of his malice. But the only measure that he knows is desire, desire for power; and so he judges all hearts. Into his heart the thought will not enter that any will refuse it, that having the Ring we may seek to destroy it. If we seek this, we shall put him out of reckoning.
-Gandalf

#64 dojob

dojob

AoW+DoW ftw

• Project Team
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 10:23 PM

So it would be a unit that could mount and dismount wargs? I like the idea and hope that it can/will be used ;)

Edited by Nu8, 10 August 2007 - 10:23 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

And please add Bear-mans

#65 robnkarla

robnkarla

title available

• Hosted
  • 1,849 posts
  • Projects:RJ-RotWK
  •  crazy coder

Posted 11 August 2007 - 10:38 PM

Well, now I can comment on this :good: It's been a loooong time since I posted in this topic.

Goblin Riders vs. Wolf Riders

I do like the idea of the combination of both and having the dual cavalry system. (Btw, the hounds are being removed from Mordor so they are only a summon again.) I have a few options as for models I could use and have permissions for, but for right now I'm holding off adding more donated items in mod until I've finished a couple of the other quite large ini changes. There is quite a lot of new content that I have already added for 1.05.03, but have not released screens just yet. I also had some ideas that I was going to try to model/mix and bind as well.

As for the drake brood, I have felt they are the worst of the hero-hordes in RotWK, and will probably be removed as a buildable unit for the faction. (Not from the game so they can be used in maps and other content.) I have a number of ideas that I'd like to do, but we'll see where things end up for the gobs.

Edited by robnkarla, 12 August 2007 - 10:11 AM.

#66 Allathar

Allathar

これを翻訳する

• Project Team
  • 2,752 posts
  • Projects:RJ-RotWK
  •  Greedy capitalist and cynical bastard.

Posted 18 August 2007 - 12:25 PM

- Goblin Pikemen are spelled Uruk Pikemen
- When combined they are still able to go in porcupine formation
- Ghundor heals too slow.
It has been reported that some victims of rape, during the act, would retreat into a fantasy world from which they could not WAKE UP. In this catatonic state, the victim lived in a world just like their normal one, except they weren't being raped. The only way that they realized they needed to WAKE UP was a note they found in their fantasy world. It would tell them about their condition, and tell them to WAKE UP. Even then, it would often take months until they were ready to discard their fantasy world and PLEASE WAKE UP

#67 dojob

dojob

AoW+DoW ftw

• Project Team
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 18 August 2007 - 06:14 PM

Combined with what?
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

And please add Bear-mans

#68 {IP}jimmyman

{IP}jimmyman

The only was one can understand me is by being me.

• Project Team
  • 644 posts
  • Projects:Mapping for RJ_RotWK
  •  freelance mapper/3d modeler in training

Posted 18 August 2007 - 08:07 PM

ive had the same problem
with archers and and swords, its still in the tooltip fer it
Sig by Serated
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image CLICK THE DRAGONS Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#69 Guest_screechingshadowdemon_*

Guest_screechingshadowdemon_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 September 2007 - 05:53 AM

this be a great mod simply put. however i did come across a possible bug. it seems when u upgrade the spider riders with either forged blades or fire arrows, the melee attack doesnt work. nor can i target an enemy horde with em, get that circle with the diagonal line in it. also, idk if this is a bug or whatever, but nuthing happens when spider riders are upgraded with venom sacs.

#70 Funbomb

Funbomb
  • Project Team
  • 246 posts

Posted 04 November 2007 - 04:06 PM

I don't know if you would make walls for goblins for castle maps or not but if you do you could try putting trees around the fort about the same size for other walls. Then you can try to make spiderwebs to connect them. Just an idea if you are keeping the spiders/spider riders.
Posted Image <---2nd Sig I Made
Posted Image <---4th
Posted Image

#71 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  • Projects:RJ RotWK, Twilight of the Republic, HDLH
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Global Moderator
  • Donated

Posted 04 November 2007 - 04:07 PM

thats actually a pretty sweet idea. maybe as an upgrade from the fort for like 2k.

yodasig2.png
My political compass
There's a story that the grass is so green...what did I see? Where have I been?

#72 Funbomb

Funbomb
  • Project Team
  • 246 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 02:19 AM

When you get a cave troll to grab a tree stump at the Goblin base, this is what happens
Posted Image
Also I like the Goblin wolf rider idea. Maybe, as others have suggested, replace spider riders with giant spiders and add in wolf riders. And please try to fix the bug with the half-troll swordsmen about how he attacks so slow. One last thing, I really hate how the goblin tunnels can only built around a area and since the tunnels can allow goblins to travel through. So what I thought is A)Make the goblins move/run faster or B)Create another builder that allows goblins to come in and out of. And if you do create that building it should allow more than five goblin hordes since goblins do come in many numbers (Think of Moria in the Fellowship in the movie).
Posted Image <---4th
Posted Image

#73 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  • Projects:RJ RotWK, Twilight of the Republic, HDLH
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Global Moderator
  • Donated

Posted 21 November 2007 - 05:10 PM

i love that tree bug :p as for tunnels, workpits and aethions (sp?) will probly be added to tunnel network for dwarves and goblins

yodasig2.png
My political compass
There's a story that the grass is so green...what did I see? Where have I been?

#74 Funbomb

Funbomb
  • Project Team
  • 246 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 06:29 PM

Sweet, because I'm always annoyed that the tunnels won't be used for transportation and only used for resources.
Posted Image <---4th
Posted Image

#75 Myrdin

Myrdin

title available

• Members
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 12:05 PM

i got one thing to say to spider riders. Make them spawn with pikes like in normal BFME or ROTWK, coz when they get spawned ( here ) with boves, they stop crushing infantry, keep shoting arrow of buildings ( which practiacly doesnt even dmg them ) and are always standing away from battle. Cawalery unit needs to get close combat fights, but they can switch to bow too. Spider riders are one of best cawalery units, though they got low armor, they have 800 hp, great speed, strong stampade dmg, and can climb walls. Half of this things are useless when they get spawned with bowes, and PC enemy wont switch the weapons :wink_new:
"Let this scar signify the first blow against the mortal world."
"From this seal shall arise the doom of men,"
"who, in their arrogance, sought to wield our fire as their own."
"Blindly they build their kingdoms upon stolen knowledge and conceit."
"Now they shall be consumed by the very flame they sought to control."
"Let the echoes of doom resound across this wretched world, that all who live may hear them and despair."

"Tremble, mortals, and despair! Doom has come to this world!"

#76 Uruk King

Uruk King

Lore-abiding citizen

• Project Team
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 04:38 PM

Are the Spider Riders going to be replaced? Cause I found the concept of Goblins riding spiders completely absurd. Goblins Riding wargs would be more Tolkienish.
I will remember Rhovanion Alliance, RIP .

Posted Image

#77 Dalmp

Dalmp
  • Project Team
  • 249 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 10:06 PM

haha yah. The thought of Ungoliant's intelligent brood being willing to carry a dirty little goblin is pretty absurd. They'd be more likely to view goblins as lunch. They tend to be pretty independent. I always thought this about RotWK; it just never made sense to me. Spiderlings are fine though. With Shelob oboard as a hero, it's acceptable that they would work as elite foot soldiers. Just not as mules.

Edited by Dalmp, 14 March 2008 - 10:09 PM.

Amateurs study Tactics. Professionals study Logistics.
-Napoleon

Posted Image

#78 CIL

CIL

Ex-troll

• Members
  • 1,330 posts
  • Projects:Lurking
  •  I'm a physician now. Scary, right?

Posted 14 March 2008 - 10:29 PM

I agree. Ungoliant was a crazyassed smart demon in spider form capable of taking on a weakended Vala and only didn't kill Melkor because he called *multiple* Balrogs to help him (still seriously strong). Therefore, Shelob and her children are also part crazyassed smart demon in spider form.
I'm creeping, not gone.

#79 Myrdin

Myrdin

title available

• Members
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 10:48 PM

soo no1 knows how she looked in real form, ha ?

this could be used by a creative mind, maybe new spell or power for goblins ? Maybe changing her into mega spider with size of fortrees, slowing her rapidly but giving abnormal high splash dmg :grin:

of course timed, not permanent

btw, pls no warg riders ( i see though you guys dont think warg would carry goblin ). I think wargs are something that is bounded to Isengard, and Isengard itself
"Let this scar signify the first blow against the mortal world."
"From this seal shall arise the doom of men,"
"who, in their arrogance, sought to wield our fire as their own."
"Blindly they build their kingdoms upon stolen knowledge and conceit."
"Now they shall be consumed by the very flame they sought to control."
"Let the echoes of doom resound across this wretched world, that all who live may hear them and despair."

"Tremble, mortals, and despair! Doom has come to this world!"

#80 Dalf32

Dalf32

The Ever-Willing

• Project Team
  • 1,923 posts
  • Projects:Beta Testing RJ-RotWK

Posted 14 March 2008 - 11:06 PM

didnt we have goblin warg riders planned for the inn? i cant remember completely but i think we did...
i dont see why the goblins cant use wargs though, they were pretty much wolves, and they appeared all across middle earth, not just near isengard.
perhaps the spider riders can be used if you just take off the goblin rider and make it a cavalry unit. that would make more sense and there's nothing wrong with the spiders themselves.

"A wizard is never late, nor is he early; he arrives precisely when he means to."

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users