Men of the East

• Please log in to reply
968 replies to this topic

#901 Anri1

Anri1
  • Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 07:19 AM

Man, is there some private version of the mod?

There use to be. One of the reasons that there was a beta-testing team was to have a small group of people concentrated on detecting huge bugs, glitches, etc. Right now, the latest public beta doesn't even compare to our latest private beta. Even though I keep mixing them up :p .

So, when the next patch/update will come out? I know Rob is not on forum for more than a month but maybe as a private beta tester you could open the secret? Or you couldn't? :p

No Khandish units in Inn ? So what Khandish king stays for?

And what does it mean that the latest public beta doesn't even compare to the latest private beta? does it mean private is more complete or less complete than public? :p

sorry for too many quastions, just damn curiosity :p

Edited by Anri1, 19 July 2009 - 07:19 AM.

"Sons of Gondor, of Rohan, my brothers! I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me. A day may come when the courage of Men fails…. When we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship. But it is not this day! An hour of wolves and shattered shields when the age of Men comes crashing down. But it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good earth I bid you stand, Men of the West!"-King Ellessar

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

http://us.mnzeo.2y.n...wimoovevio.html - that's fun ;)

#902 Dalf32

Dalf32

The Ever-Willing

• Project Team
  • 1,923 posts
  • Projects:Beta Testing RJ-RotWK

Posted 19 July 2009 - 08:21 PM

no one can tell you when the next version will be out because no one knows. there wont be anything new until rob gets back however, and since none of us know what happened to him, its impossible to guess.

i believe he means that the public version is much better than the private one was because, well, it is :rolleyes:

Edited by Dalf32, 19 July 2009 - 08:22 PM.

"A wizard is never late, nor is he early; he arrives precisely when he means to."

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#903 Scryer

Scryer

title available

• Project Team
  • 565 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 12:04 AM

Yeah the latest public version is much better. Sorry for the confusion.

And I second what Dalf already said. And I think it's time to get back on topic :rolleyes: .

Edited by Scryer, 20 July 2009 - 12:05 AM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#904 Anri1

Anri1
  • Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 05:32 AM

Huh, I was quite confused :rolleyes: and actualy scared that Khandish units come out of MOTE, couse I like them very much. :xd:

Now back on topic:

How about Khandish king gets mount on level 3-4. There is Nazgul that can mount but he is quite expencive, and doesn't give leadership. And I thought it might be good to have a lider of cavalary. Maybe Khandish king could get some power like Teodens Heroic attak(on the 10th level surely). How about that?

Edited by Anri1, 20 July 2009 - 05:33 AM.

"Sons of Gondor, of Rohan, my brothers! I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me. A day may come when the courage of Men fails…. When we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship. But it is not this day! An hour of wolves and shattered shields when the age of Men comes crashing down. But it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good earth I bid you stand, Men of the West!"-King Ellessar

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

http://us.mnzeo.2y.n...wimoovevio.html - that's fun ;)

#905 Guest_KP_*

Guest_KP_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 July 2009 - 02:45 PM

Here's the catch, Men of the East is one faction with six heroes, not two factions with three heroes a piece.

It's presently that plus the Khand king, but the faction is a double-faction whose builders can toggle between Harad and Rhun, which is why I put Harad and Rhun next to each-other and made them both dark-red. Of course, adding the Umbar Fleetmaster and keeping the Khand King while adding the new ones would be too much. making Dalamyr and Valathmir (sounds like reality character Valamir) Inn heroes would fix the prob. By the way, what is the Khand King and MotE High-King combo going to be: Suladan and Valathmir, or Sufyan and Keiseimu?

Anyhow, all of MotE's mounting heroes should be able to mount at level 1, is my saying. Think about it: did any horsemen in reality have to become professional footmen before mounting a steed? No. :p

KP

#906 Dant

Dant

title available

• Members
  • 937 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 03:49 AM

Mounting skill at lv.1 was a good idea..but due to game balance issue we make to make sure he not too powerful..to all infantry type unit. :D

Edited by Dant, 23 July 2009 - 03:49 AM.

Posted Image

#907 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  • Projects:RJ RotWK, Twilight of the Republic, HDLH
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Global Moderator
  • Donated

Posted 23 July 2009 - 05:50 AM

Um...not to be rude, but how would you know? :D

yodasig2.png
My political compass
There's a story that the grass is so green...what did I see? Where have I been?

#908 Dant

Dant

title available

• Members
  • 937 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 06:30 AM

I just playing many custom hero and hero from mod with mouting skill as lv.1 and some really overpowered specially if you hero are archer. :D

as for meele mounting hero..it could be disater for infantry force in early game whice it surly stonger than any cavarly unit. ;)

Edited by Dant, 23 July 2009 - 06:37 AM.

Posted Image

#909 Emperor of the East

Emperor of the East

A simple guy who likes to think factually

• Members
  • 290 posts
  • Projects:Easterling Faction for RotWK and the Planet Thertia novels.

Posted 03 August 2009 - 04:52 AM

I say Rhun needs a monster-trampling transport, as well. Probably some kind of giant, heat-wave-breathing drake at a mumak's size.

MotE needs to have fully as much access to Scorpions as Wild has to Spiders. Wild can build them from the Spider Pit and summon them. MotE with scorps? Only the summon part. The scorps should be allowed to be built from a Tavern, as MotE does NOT need another building.

And, lastly, Pursuit of Knowledge. Remember my first PoK post? Yeah. I said it needs to boost animal production. ;)

That's all for today.

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!! :p

"You cannot know anything; only suspect. You must suspect to be wrong. To have overlooked, something, anticipate."

~Malik Al-Sayf, from the original Assassin's Creed from 2007

Yes, I do live by this advice to the best of my ability.

#910 Prototype-

Prototype-
  • Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 08:56 AM

I say Rhun needs a monster-trampling transport, as well. Probably some kind of giant, heat-wave-breathing drake at a mumak's size.

wow.. very imaginative. personally, i would like to see something like this as an easter egg :p
but yeah i agree with you somewhat. Rhun needes a monster-trampling transport ;)

#911 Dant

Dant

title available

• Members
  • 937 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 09:50 AM

MotE needs to have fully as much access to Scorpions as Wild has to Spiders. Wild can build them from the Spider Pit and summon them. MotE with scorps? Only the summon part. The scorps should be allowed to be built from a Tavern, as MotE does NOT need another building.

And, lastly, Pursuit of Knowledge. Remember my first PoK post? Yeah. I said it needs to boost animal production. :tiger:

That's all for today.

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!! ;)

Posted Image
http://lotr.wikia.com/wiki/Great_beast

Perhaps this will work for Rhun but Tolkien never mention about them but they are appear in movie and BFME game on some unit and building(Dwarf Wagon,Modor slaughter house)

still..i think it more fit to Mordor :tiger:

and Rhun is fine without any monster unit :p

Edited by Dant, 04 August 2009 - 10:42 PM.

Posted Image

#912 Scryer

Scryer

title available

• Project Team
  • 565 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 05:47 PM

Actually, in my overrated opinion, the last thing that Rhun needs is another unit.

Now, not every faction needs a big "monster" unit to make that faction playable. And I think that this is the case with Rhun because they already have good units (if you noticed, Rhun doesn't have two sets of archers, swordsmen, cavalry, etc) and they have Sorcerers. These sorcerers are actually pretty decent since they have revamped powers such as summoning scorpions.

Rhun's focus is on its stable units that the player gets right from the beginning of the game. If I remember correctly, you can also purchase drakes from the fortress expansions (which I am against). Anyways, to add a "huge monster" unit to Rhun would definitely screw up Rhun's strategy focus.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#913 Emperor of the East

Emperor of the East

• Members
  • 290 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 06:41 PM

I'm not saying that a faction is not playable without a monster unit. Isengard has no monsters and they do absolutely fine. Rhun does have good units, and they have two pikemen units, the hand-halberd and shield one, and the two-handed halberd one. Harad also has two spear-thowers, the light ones and the Serpent Guards. Why are you against Rhun recruiting the thing that their helmet design indicates their obvious worship of? Scorpions are primarily with Harad, although I love the idea of both of Men of the East's full-factions having them. Therefore, Scorpions would be a good both-of-them unit. Or maybe Harad could recruit them from the Creature Pen while Rhun summons them via the Sorcerers? hmmm :p And Men of the East uses Harad and Rhun as its sets. So, if the "monster" is not a good idea, then "scorps" and "Pursuit of Knowledge speeding up animal production" are. :p Aren't they? ;) That's good that Rhun is focused on cavalry, by the way. :p

"You cannot know anything; only suspect. You must suspect to be wrong. To have overlooked, something, anticipate."

#914 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  • Projects:RJ RotWK, Twilight of the Republic, HDLH
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Global Moderator
  • Donated

Posted 04 August 2009 - 07:18 PM

Actually, in my overrated opinion...

Lol, are you starting every post with that now? :p

As for monsters, scryers right. Rhun definitely does not need them. As for the helmet designs, Harad is the scorpion, Rhun is just a sun.

yodasig2.png
My political compass
There's a story that the grass is so green...what did I see? Where have I been?

#915 Dant

Dant

title available

• Members
  • 937 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 10:42 PM

I'm not saying that a faction is not playable without a monster unit. Isengard has no monsters and they do absolutely fine. Rhun does have good units, and they have two pikemen units, the hand-halberd and shield one, and the two-handed halberd one. Harad also has two spear-thowers, the light ones and the Serpent Guards. Why are you against Rhun recruiting the thing that their helmet design indicates their obvious worship of? Scorpions are primarily with Harad, although I love the idea of both of Men of the East's full-factions having them. Therefore, Scorpions would be a good both-of-them unit. Or maybe Harad could recruit them from the Creature Pen while Rhun summons them via the Sorcerers? hmmm :p And Men of the East uses Harad and Rhun as its sets. So, if the "monster" is not a good idea, then "scorps" and "Pursuit of Knowledge speeding up animal production" are. :p Aren't they? ;) That's good that Rhun is focused on cavalry, by the way. :p

After i playing Rhun again i agree with scryers Rhun is fine without any monster unit. ;)

Edited by Dant, 04 August 2009 - 10:46 PM.

Posted Image

#916 MirkwoodArcher

MirkwoodArcher

Sharpshooter of Mirkwood

• Members
  • 1,280 posts
  •  Hooded one
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:PR and Recruiter

Posted 04 August 2009 - 10:44 PM

And, lastly, Pursuit of Knowledge. Remember my first PoK post? Yeah. I said it needs to boost animal production. :p

That's all for today.

Posted Image

Perhaps this will work for Rhun but Tolkien never mention about them but they are appear in movie and BFME game on some unit and building(Dwarf Wagon,Modor slaughter house)

still..i think it more fit to Mordor :p

@Dant: Actually, in the extended edition of the movie, it says that Tolkien did mention the Great Beasts once. The book says something like "great beasts pulled it (Grond)." That is how the crew decided to put them into the movie.

Edited by MirkwoodArcher, 04 August 2009 - 10:45 PM.

Posted Image

#917 Dant

Dant

title available

• Members
  • 937 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 10:49 PM

And, lastly, Pursuit of Knowledge. Remember my first PoK post? Yeah. I said it needs to boost animal production. :p

That's all for today.

Posted Image

still..i think it more fit to Mordor ;)

@Dant: Actually, in the extended edition of the movie, it says that Tolkien did mention the Great Beasts once. The book says something like "great beasts pulled it (Grond)." That is how the crew decided to put them into the movie.

I thought it Mumakil that pulled "Grond" in books :p but nvm... ;) lets not turn it into chit-chat. :p
Posted Image

#918 Prototype-

Prototype-
  • Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 11:29 PM

just wondering, is there anyway that the easterling (pike) battalions have their palantiar picture as the vanilla rotwk for the next update?
when they are produced, they have the proper picture until the are completely out of the barracks, and then they change to the recruiting picture thats in the barracks (like a spear tip thing)
i hope that made sense :p

#919 Scryer

Scryer

title available

• Project Team
  • 565 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 03:18 AM

For Rhun having two pike units; That is true. If anything we should be discussing the difference and significance between them.

Why are you against Rhun recruiting the thing that their helmet design indicates their obvious worship of?

Other than the solid fact that I'm completely racist against drakes and scorpions, I don't believe that they would be filling in an empty role for Rhun. Let's not bring Harad into this right now... Rhun does not call fo any kind of a huge monster-type unit to fill in a role. You know the saying "don't fix it if it ain't broke"? I don't mean to sound like an ass but maybe we should consider applying that to MOTE?

Anyways, the scorpions are a nice touch to the faction(s). I just think that adding in scorpions as an in-game unit is going to overcrowd MOTE. Same goes with any monster-type units.

Lol, are you starting every post with that now?:p

Maybe. :p

Edited by Scryer, 05 August 2009 - 03:21 AM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#920 Emperor of the East

Emperor of the East

• Members
  • 290 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 05:34 AM

You are not racist, and I don't see why applying a good phrase to an outstanding faction makes someone an ass. And you're right, scorpions are a nice addition to MotE, and monsters are not needed. The difference is that the BfME2 pikemen have longer reach and average armor, but the BfME1 pikemen have shorter reach and better armor and they have shields, plus, their hard stab-through deals better damage than the BfME2 model's reach-over stab. They have the same health, however.

And I understand the issue with the portrait and button icon. The portrait still needs to be changed to what is was in original BfME2 to begin with, while the Axe-headed spear picture is only the button icon.

By the way, does anyone have any ideas for Shortcut Keys for both MotE sets? :p

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users