Gondor (MotW) faction

• Please log in to reply
362 replies to this topic

#141 RAZOR1703

RAZOR1703
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 14 December 2007 - 12:03 PM

And what about Rohan peasant archers and Rohan pikemen?

#142 charmander0822

charmander0822
  • Members
  • 18 posts
  • Projects:None.

Posted 15 December 2007 - 01:26 AM

I have a suggestion for Rohan.
I don't know if someone already said this before already so....

Adding Rohan walls to have that unique little rohan base!
Maybe porting the old walls from BFME 1 to BFME 2, but with the same BFME 2 wall system...with the old BFME 1 gate too!.

These are my thoughts!

P.S. Add Gamling to Rohan! I would love to see him in the game.

Edited by charmander0822, 15 December 2007 - 01:39 AM.

#143 Soviet

Soviet
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 15 December 2007 - 04:59 AM

I agree that Gamling should be put in, but Grimbold as well if Gamling goes in. It would really start to create a great set of Rohan heroes that they need, because, to be honest right now they mostly suck.
Posted Image

#144 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  • Projects:BFME2 - Nazgûl's Special Extended Edition
  •  Veteran

Posted 15 December 2007 - 05:14 AM

Rohan ought to be its own faction, not a minifaction. It seems as though it would either be totally useless, as people would get Gondor units instead, or overpowering to the MotW.

This has been asked for about 500 times now and my answer has always been No! Now... even IF I would change my mind about this, it won't affect anything until everything else is pretty much done, and that's a million things from now :p

Several Early game Hero Suggestions...
We could add..
Denethor
Faramir's Counsellor (you know the other older ranger, got stabbed in the chest after Osgiliath was captured?)
and.. I do not know his name, but the Gondor Commander who said the line "Long has Lord Denethor forseen this doom" in the movies...

Q. What is the purpose of a gazillion heroes really? This mod is about units and siege basically and not heroes. Heroes are mostly meant to strenghten the amry and the units, not to be tanks. But with too many heroes you won't need any units. Mostly though, making up powers for them SUCKS big time. It's very hard to do 10 extra heroes and make them all unique...

Well the way I see it, if we are seperating Harad from Mordor, then I see no reason why we couldnt do that with Rohan and Gondor. But The only heroes I can see Rohan using is Theoden, Eomer, and Eowyn. And maybe Merry. But Rohan Strives in it's Cavalry anyway, so maybe heroes doesn't have to be their superior quality.

Harad has nothing to do with Mordor really, other than assisting them at Pellenor Fields. Sauron do have dominion over Harad yes, but the Harad ppl are humans, not orcs. In my eyes, Harad have much more in common with Rhûn, than with Mordor. Together they will make an excellent new faction with a much different culture from the others. Rohan would function as a stand alone faction, but since they're all men and since Harad and Rhûn will be joining forces, MotW will stay as they are. I don't "hate" the idea or anything, I just don't see the need for it at this point and most likely never =p

It has been requested time and time again, but it seems like Naz and team just aren't big fans of the power trio.

I am, and we are. But that would remove them from their home factions. We might do something cool with this for the Good side's use of the Ring. We'll see...

Are you going to separate Rohan and Gondor? Really, it will be better

See above! ^

And what about Rohan peasant archers and Rohan pikemen?

See ToDO List!

I have a suggestion for Rohan.
I don't know if someone already said this before already so....
Adding Rohan walls to have that unique little rohan base!
Maybe porting the old walls from BFME 1 to BFME 2, but with the same BFME 2 wall system...with the old BFME 1 gate too!.
These are my thoughts!
P.S. Add Gamling to Rohan! I would love to see him in the game.

See above answers... ^^

I agree that Gamling should be put in, but Grimbold as well if Gamling goes in. It would really start to create a great set of Rohan heroes that they need, because, to be honest right now they mostly suck.

See above answers... ^^

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
"Do not come between the Nazgûl and his mod!"
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I S.E.E. YOU! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#145 RAZOR1703

RAZOR1703
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 15 December 2007 - 04:43 PM

where can I find a "ToDO List"???
What do you think about Aragorn and Legolas "Mount/dismount" ability?

Edited by RAZOR1703, 15 December 2007 - 04:46 PM.

#146 Sûlherokhh

Sûlherokhh

Sagacious Engineer

• Project Team
  • 3,754 posts
  • Projects:S.E.E., Sage A.I., Code Advisor
  •  'Axe'er of the Gordic Knot

Posted 15 December 2007 - 05:16 PM

The Forum is not that big. You could even use the search function to scan the subforums for the term 'todo'. :p

bannerreal01mittelit3.jpg
Axed Head and A.I. Coder for S.E.E. and ... stuff

".. coding is basically boring. What's fun is finding out how things work, take them apart and then put them together in ways that were not intended nor even conceived."

#147 Guest_Necromancer_*

Guest_Necromancer_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 December 2007 - 04:15 PM

Think, you have so much Rohan stuff on hand, Rohan's a great country, it deserves more than an oppressed minifaction for an otherwise Gondor faction.

#148 Jonasking

Jonasking

title available

• Project Team
  • 451 posts
  • Projects:Finished Projects

Posted 16 December 2007 - 05:07 PM

Think, you have so much Rohan stuff on hand, Rohan's a great country, it deserves more than an oppressed minifaction for an otherwise Gondor faction.

Yes, Faramir in The Two Towers: Gondor is Week .

#149 dragontamer

dragontamer
  • Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 06:53 PM

Can we have the Helm's Deep Keep garrisonable (which I believe is the name of the Hero Production building on the map), just like the Golden Hall? The only issue though is, if the enemy has gotten to that point, the game is probably already over... It may be good if you had some flyer/Shelob harrassment though.

To the pro-Rohan users, I think the mod has a complete Rohan faction anyway, less a fortress and faction name.. *It's your choice what you build after all.

I'm predicting now people will want a Rohan fortress so to that I say there are other mods with a Rohan fortress if you want a taste (and possibly this mod will give you the choice of two fortresses if it changes the gameplay to remove your starting fortress???)

My argument to even having added this in though is Rohan was never a "fortress" kind of faction IMO. In fact, turning to Helm's Deep was nearly their downfall because they thought they were untouchable. And well, Helm's Deep can't be dropped into every map as a fortress. I find BFME1's castle design was more 'Rohan style.' A walled in town. Because the game uses fortress gameplay, and it is a MOTW faction, a Minis Tirith design seems more appropriate. Minis Tirith just seems more like a fortress than a town/city.

Your thoughts?

PS. If the fortress is removed at startup, Rohan users could just build the golden hall in place of a fortress. Maybe Naz or Sul will be nice enough to add some Rohan walls, (a mod to the elven wall, or something like the goblin spikes maybe?) and you build Rohan's cheaper towers, and I think you'd have Rohan as it was in BFME1.)

Edited by dragontamer, 16 December 2007 - 06:59 PM.

#150 RAZOR1703

RAZOR1703
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 01:55 PM

Guys, how about Aragorn, Merry and Legolas with Gimli together, if it possible, "Mount/dismount" ability?
And why if you are separating Mordor and Harad, Gondor and Rohan must be together? It'll be better, really guys! And if it is not enough Gondor heroes, add Beregond, Merry (take hobbits away from the elves, please!), Denethor, Imrael and other heroes from the books!

Edited by RAZOR1703, 17 December 2007 - 01:56 PM.

#151 ttandchotmail

ttandchotmail

title available

• Project Team
  • 849 posts

Posted 18 December 2007 - 06:32 AM

G'day to all

I had another thought on formations and stances and thought I better type this down somewhere before I forget again :crazed:

Some units change their formation depending on what stance you put them in ( defensive/normal/offensive ). An example being the pike carrying units that can go into a porcupine formation when you choose a defensive stance.

My thought is to have the rohirrum ( did I spell that right? )horsemen go into their V formation if you put them into an offensive stance. Much like what they did in bfme1.

And if I don't post anymore thoughts up here before the 25th, I hope everyone here has a very merry christmass ;) :crazed:
No chance of returning....Zero chance of surviving....Well!? When do we get started?
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#152 myster

myster
  • Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 18 December 2007 - 09:29 AM

what about making the rohan heroes buildable from the golden hall.. so you can completly forget your ''normal'' castle en just focus on rohan units and buildings?

#153 RAZOR1703

RAZOR1703
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 18 December 2007 - 06:32 PM

G'day to all

I had another thought on formations and stances and thought I better type this down somewhere before I forget again :crazed:

Some units change their formation depending on what stance you put them in ( defensive/normal/offensive ). An example being the pike carrying units that can go into a porcupine formation when you choose a defensive stance.

My thought is to have the rohirrum ( did I spell that right? )horsemen go into their V formation if you put them into an offensive stance. Much like what they did in bfme1.

And if I don't post anymore thoughts up here before the 25th, I hope everyone here has a very merry christmass :crazed: :good:

Damn, it is great idea!!! (in my oppinion ;) )

#154 GilGalad

GilGalad

High King of Noldor

• Project Team
  • 171 posts
  • Projects:Beta Tester of- Wars of the East( i was when Ithon still was here)
  •  Follower of Helms Deep Last Hope, WotE, S.E.E and RJ ROTWK.

Posted 18 December 2007 - 07:20 PM

what about making the rohan heroes buildable from the golden hall.. so you can completly forget your ''normal'' castle en just focus on rohan units and buildings?

Look at the ToDo list, if i'm correct this is already there :crazed:

And i don't know if it's in the game already, but IMO Boromir, Faramir, Pippin, Merry, Aragorn should have skin changes and armor bonus as they level.
For example Aragorn:
lvl 1: strider outfit
lvl 3: normal outfit
lvl 5:Helm's Deep battle outfit
lvl 8:Black Gate march outfit
lvl 10: Coronation outfit

Boromir, Faramir, Pippin and Merry:
lvl 5:Armored outfit

Edited by GilGalad, 19 December 2007 - 02:20 AM.

Thank you Ithron for the avatar
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#155 Guest_Jonasking_*

Guest_Jonasking_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 December 2007 - 01:10 AM

The Rohirrim can mount/unmount horse and fight on the ground . Becouse the rohirrim fight on the ground when Gondor and Rohan marches to the Black Gate .

#156 mike_

mike_

Student of Homer.

• Global Moderators
  • 4,323 posts
  • Projects:The Peloponnesian Wars Mod.
  •  There are no heroes, no villains - only decisions.
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Global Moderator

Posted 21 December 2007 - 01:42 AM

That's been suggested for various mods over time, but so far as I know it's impossible due to numerous bugs, such as units trampling others whilst on foot..
But that was several months (if not years) back, so it may've been solved by now.
Cheers,
-mike

#157 RAZOR1703

RAZOR1703
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 21 December 2007 - 01:22 PM

The Rohirrim can mount/unmount horse and fight on the ground . Becouse the rohirrim fight on the ground when Gondor and Rohan marches to the Black Gate .

I agree. It will be the most useful thing in all the mod, I think :p

#158 Rob38

Rob38

Believer of Hope

• Hosted
  • 3,567 posts
  • Projects:Helm's Deep Last Hope
  •  One who is not afraid of new challenges

Posted 21 December 2007 - 09:21 PM

;) http://www.the3rdage.net/item-258

Problem was solved just several days ago :p

signature_group1.gif

16821.png

#159 mike_

mike_

Student of Homer.

• Global Moderators
  • 4,323 posts
  • Projects:The Peloponnesian Wars Mod.
  •  There are no heroes, no villains - only decisions.
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Global Moderator

Posted 21 December 2007 - 09:52 PM

Guess that's what I get for not doing my research..anyway:
:p

Edited by elfhelm.., 21 December 2007 - 09:54 PM.

#160 Jonasking

Jonasking

title available

• Project Team
  • 451 posts
  • Projects:Finished Projects

Posted 22 December 2007 - 06:45 PM

Add Theodred as a hero , that should be nice.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users