Photo

Gondor (MotW) faction

• Please log in to reply
362 replies to this topic

#121 Guest_Ashley_*

Guest_Ashley_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 November 2007 - 05:23 PM

I think there should be another mini faction for MOTW, not sure what it should be called, but like Rohan, you have to change the command of the porters and have a ranger ... thing. You don't have the make a new Citadel thingy, just an outpost type thing, costing around 3000 or something. New units could be Madril and Damrod as heroes and put Faramir and maybe Boromir in there. And have just normal rangers with a weapon toggle there also.

As Buildings -
Ranger tent
Some sort of watch tower
Statue
Healing thing - like well
anything else you can think of ..

also, make Gandalfs horse a bit slower :thumbsupsmiley:

Cheers, just my ideas.

#122 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 November 2007 - 05:47 PM

The Ranger Tent could have the following units

Ithilien Rangers
Dunidain Rangers (could make them different from Ithilien Rangers maybe their strengths and weaknesses)
Ithilien/Dunidain Swordsmen (like the banner carrier person Ithilien Rangers get)
Maybe make Faramir recruitable from it (possibly the other ranger leader who got stabbed by Gothmog after the battle for Osgiliath)

The ranger tent could also be camouflaged somehow when built in a forest, or if built in a forest it could increase it's build rate?

Would probably need a model for a snow level?

#123 njm1983

njm1983

title available

• Project Team
  • 2,867 posts

Posted 25 November 2007 - 09:31 PM

someone had mentioned earlier about a cheaper siege unit for men, I was playing a skirmish using just rohan forces, and they dont have a sige unit so I had to use the gondor treb, so perhaps giving rohan a low tech siege unit like a battering ram would be cool, perhaps if even possible modeling would be required and new anims but a battering ram with units on horseback carrying it, they would be faster than on foot battering rams but slower than normal horse units.

#124 Thorongil45

Thorongil45
  • Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 25 November 2007 - 09:45 PM

i was playing the game and thought of some things to possibly change/improve. aragorn's leadership to 'king of gondor' or some such and for gandalf when he reaches level 8 or so to change from gandalf the grey to gandalf the white. btw, like njm1983's idea about the battering ram for rohan, sounds like something they'd have.

Edited by Thorongil45, 25 November 2007 - 09:46 PM.

Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image Posted Image

#125 av8r

av8r

SEE Support Mgr

• Project Team
  • 489 posts
  • Projects:SEE

Posted 25 November 2007 - 09:51 PM

also, make Gandalfs horse a bit slower.

Shadowfax?

Just curious, but have you ever read the books?

Here is a good place for info on this mod
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

#126 Thorongil45

Thorongil45
  • Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 28 November 2007 - 05:44 PM

thought of i another idea for gandalf, if you stay with your current system for him (dies and then becomes the white wizard) could he either; lose a level or two when brought back? or start back at level 1 again?
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#127 av8r

av8r

SEE Support Mgr

• Project Team
  • 489 posts
  • Projects:SEE

Posted 28 November 2007 - 07:05 PM

Whats wrong with him as he is now?
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

#128 Thorongil45

Thorongil45
  • Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 28 November 2007 - 08:53 PM

nothing really, just don't like haven't to have him die become gandalf the white. i'd prefer that he become gandalf the white at level 8.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#129 Sûlherokhh

Sûlherokhh

Sagacious Engineer

• Project Team
  • 3,754 posts
  • Projects:S.E.E., Sage A.I., Code Advisor
  •  'Axe'er of the Gordic Knot

Posted 28 November 2007 - 09:10 PM

Gandalf the Grey didn't really plan on becoming 'White' and more clear-minded and more powerful. He would have happily stayed 'Grey'. But the Balrog drove him to his limits and thus forced Manwe to help Òlorin to recover his power and focus faster than he'd be able to do on his own. Gandalf's unplanned 'death' was the only trigger, storywise, to cause his sudden shift. And certainly it wasn't 'experience', unless you mean the experience of 'dying'. :mad2:

bannerreal01mittelit3.jpg
Axed Head and A.I. Coder for S.E.E. and ... stuff

".. coding is basically boring. What's fun is finding out how things work, take them apart and then put them together in ways that were not intended nor even conceived."

#130 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  • Projects:BFME2 - Nazgûl's Special Extended Edition
  •  Veteran

Posted 29 November 2007 - 04:59 AM

someone had mentioned earlier about a cheaper siege unit for men, I was playing a skirmish using just rohan forces, and they dont have a sige unit so I had to use the gondor treb, so perhaps giving rohan a low tech siege unit like a battering ram would be cool, perhaps if even possible modeling would be required and new anims but a battering ram with units on horseback carrying it, they would be faster than on foot battering rams but slower than normal horse units.

I like that one ^ ;)

(And just so y'all know, I read ALL suggestions even if I don't comment them all :p And that doesn't mean they are bad either =)

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
"Do not come between the Nazgûl and his mod!"
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I S.E.E. YOU! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#131 mike_

mike_

Student of Homer.

• Global Moderators
  • 4,323 posts
  • Projects:The Peloponnesian Wars Mod.
  •  There are no heroes, no villains - only decisions.
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Global Moderator

Posted 01 December 2007 - 04:50 AM

Well, the Rohan quotes are a little...less...than I thought, but here they are, if it helps:
"Yellow is their hair, and bright are their spears. Their leader is very tall."
-Page 420, The Riders of Rohan, Book III, The Two Towers.
"...a long line of mail-clad men, swift, shining, fell and fair to look upon."
-Page 421, The Riders of Rohan, Book III, The Two Towers.
"Their horses were of great stature, strong and clean-limbed; their grey coats glistened, their long tails flowed in the wind, their manes were braided on their proud necks. The Men that rode them matched them well: tall and long-limbed; their hair, flaxen-pale, flowed under their light helms, and streamed in long braids behind them; their faces were stern and keen. In their hands were tall spears of ash, painted shields were slung at their backs, long swords were at their belts, their burnished shirts of mail hung down upon their knees."
"With astonishing speed and skill they checked their steeds, wheeled, and came charging round."
"Very swift were the horses of Rohan."
-Page 429, The Riders of Rohan, Book III, The Two Towers.
"A few of the riders appeared to be bowmen, skilled at shooting from a running horse."
-Page 443, The Riders of Rohan, Book III, The Two Towers.
---
As I mentioned in the Suggestions for Isengard thread, I'll be happy to provide quotes such as these for every faction, if Naz/Sul wants me to.
Cheers,
-mike

#132 Úlairi

Úlairi
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 01 December 2007 - 11:34 AM

great work elfhelm, this gave me an idea:

To Do List Beta V:
- Rohirrim should be able to fire arrows while riding! (See "Anims")

As this would be a bit overpowered, you could split the rohirrim in two groups
the normal melee rohirrim buildable without limit (maybe with a weapontoggle but they can't fire while riding)
a elite-rohirrim-archer-bataillion being able to shoot while riding, but limited to two bats

because as elfhelm said:
"A few of the riders appeared to be bowmen, skilled at shooting from a running horse."
So having all rohirrims shooting while riding would be "untolkienish"

Another idea: (don't know if its already done)
You have two towers for MotW in your mod
So to make both useful I've got this idea:
-Gondortower, only buildable near a fortress (like walls), stronger, garisonable by two bats
-Rohan Towers, buildable everywhere on the map, but weaker, only 1 bat garisonable, cheaper as normal tower

hope you like my ideas

#133 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 December 2007 - 12:51 AM

Rohan ought to be its own faction, not a minifaction. It seems as though it would either be totally useless, as people would get Gondor units instead, or overpowering to the MotW.

#134 Guest_Cylar_*

Guest_Cylar_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 December 2007 - 12:59 PM

Several Early game Hero Suggestions...

We could add..

Denethor

Faramir's Counsellor (you know the other older ranger, got stabbed in the chest after Osgiliath was captured?)

and.. I do not know his name, but the Gondor Commander who said the line "Long has Lord Denethor forseen this doom" in the movies...

#135 witchkingshour

witchkingshour
  • Members
  • 197 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 09:28 PM

Well the way I see it, if we are seperating Harad from Mordor, then I see no reason why we couldnt do that with Rohan and Gondor. But The only heroes I can see Rohan using is Theoden, Eomer, and Eowyn. And maybe Merry. But Rohan Strives in it's Cavalry anyway, so maybe heroes doesn't have to be their superior quality.
"The world of Men will fall"

Posted Image

#136 GilGalad

GilGalad

High King of Noldor

• Project Team
  • 171 posts
  • Projects:Beta Tester of- Wars of the East( i was when Ithon still was here)
  •  Follower of Helms Deep Last Hope, WotE, S.E.E and RJ ROTWK.

Posted 12 December 2007 - 04:24 PM

I have an idea, but i didn't knew where to post (elves, dwarves or MotW), and i don't know if it was already sad:

New Building (or spell) for all good factions: Elrond's Counsil
Upgradeable to lvl 3
1st level: Frodo, Sam, Merry and Pippin.
2nd level :Legolas, Gimli and Boromir.
3rd level : Gandalf and Aragorn.

The only problem is that the good factions would have too much heroes..."Start thinking in solving this problem"
Thank you Ithron for the avatar
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#137 witchkingshour

witchkingshour
  • Members
  • 197 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 06:24 PM

Hmm interesting idea, but I am thinking Elves would be mighty too good.. I think Boromir has to stay with Gondor, but I think Hobbits should be available to all good factions. But have to say miss using the Gimli/Legolas, Aragorn combo.. :)
"The world of Men will fall"

Posted Image

#138 zachdaddy_3000

zachdaddy_3000

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!

• Project Team
  • 580 posts
  • Projects:Nazgul's BFMEII: Special Extended Edition

Posted 13 December 2007 - 04:46 PM

It has been requested time and time again, but it seems like Naz and team just aren't big fans of the power trio.
Do not come between a Zach and his........Zach?

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#139 RAZOR1703

RAZOR1703
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 14 December 2007 - 10:02 AM

Are you going to separate Rohan and Gondor? Really, it will be better

#140 zachdaddy_3000

zachdaddy_3000

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!

• Project Team
  • 580 posts
  • Projects:Nazgul's BFMEII: Special Extended Edition

Posted 14 December 2007 - 11:02 AM

That has also been asked, and it seems that no, they will not be separated. They shall forever be MEN OF THE WEST.
Do not come between a Zach and his........Zach?

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users