#83 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  • Projects:BFME2 - Nazgûl's Special Extended Edition
  •  Veteran

Posted 23 September 2007 - 05:24 PM

Hehe thanks for the interest... We will defenitely have a major staff meeting about this after 4.5 is done =)

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
"Do not come between the Nazgûl and his mod!"
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I S.E.E. YOU! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#84 elbenmensch

elbenmensch
  • Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 13 November 2007 - 04:38 PM

Normal Game!!
There are so much mods for Rise of the Witchking,but almost none for the normal game!This makes your mod so fantastic!!!
(Dont understand me wrong,your mod would be the best for rise of the witchking,too hehe)

Edited by elbenmensch, 13 November 2007 - 04:38 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#85 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 13 November 2007 - 07:34 PM

Hehe thanks you.... But I hope you understand that this would not mean that SEE would become a RotWK game, but rather just gain a few extra spells and units and audio that we could use, as well as the 7th faction slot =p

The downside that's holding me back is the insanely ugly RotWK menu system (the sharp ice blue crap, instead of the soft earth green menu of BFME2 or even the nice golden menu of BFME1)... But noone seem to be able to replace that =(

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#86 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,438 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 13 November 2007 - 08:17 PM

I'd say Standard game...
ALOT less work, and stats and CaH ain't worth a skip IMO :cool2:

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#87 Lord of Mordor

Lord of Mordor

Master of the One Ring

• Project Team
  • 170 posts

Posted 13 November 2007 - 08:23 PM

Yeah, CaH is boring anyway :cool2:

Also, in RotWK, every smoke FX on every map is the white Snow FX, and I HATE that :dry:

Build me an army worthy of Mordor!

HobbitBann5501.png

#88 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 13 November 2007 - 09:22 PM

Believe me, I hate that too... But that is also one of the things we would remove in that case.

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#89 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,438 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 14 November 2007 - 10:51 AM

which is practically, MORE WORK than neccesary... :)
besides, aren't RJ for RotWK? :sad2: Best BFME2 mod, best RotWK working together like egg and beacon... sounds good too me :sad2:

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#90 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 14 November 2007 - 03:22 PM

Hehe yes I know... you're right, and that's also one of the reasons for hesitating to move to RotWK... I do NOT wanna compete with RJ mod... but... I would like to get my hands on the extra goodies (however few they may be).

So, in order to get around this we could just go "illegal" and "steal" the items we wan't from RotWK. To be honest, most mods have "stolen" items, even RJ mod (all BFME1 stuff, right!?), and SEE too (Zerker & Noldor art, Brand's voice, BFME ShellMap and intro...). I mean, let's be frank - EA don't give a ratt's azz about SEE or any other mod. So it's quite redicilous to pay this much attention to using a few items or not. It would still not make RotWK obsolete, cause we would only use maybe 5-10% of it's material... :)

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#91 Allathar

Allathar

これを翻訳する

• Project Team
  • 2,752 posts
  • Projects:RJ-RotWK
  •  Greedy capitalist and cynical bastard.

Posted 14 November 2007 - 03:44 PM

And with that, we're going to the same old legal/illegal song... Let's face it, SEE using RotWK stuff wouldn't mean less sold copies of RotWK. In fact, SEE made BfME2 sell more copies, right?
It has been reported that some victims of rape, during the act, would retreat into a fantasy world from which they could not WAKE UP. In this catatonic state, the victim lived in a world just like their normal one, except they weren't being raped. The only way that they realized they needed to WAKE UP was a note they found in their fantasy world. It would tell them about their condition, and tell them to WAKE UP. Even then, it would often take months until they were ready to discard their fantasy world and PLEASE WAKE UP

#92 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 14 November 2007 - 04:06 PM

That's kind of my logic too :)

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#93 m@tt

m@tt

#######

• Project Team
  • 4,056 posts
  • Projects:The Dwarf Holds
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 14 November 2007 - 04:17 PM

What stuff do you want from ROTWK? Cant see a list anywhere of what you specifically want (other than the 7th faction slot)
Posted Image

#94 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 14 November 2007 - 04:44 PM

Well it would be a pretty small amount of things... (compared to the whole expansion). Let's SEE (lol, sorry, I'm also tired of that joke =P) :

• Some of the new spells to expand the Spellbook/range/variety! The avalanche would be awesome for Saruman for instance...
  • A couple of units, like the Wolf-riders and perhaps the Angmar Catapult and change those trolls to the Mountain Trolls for Mordor!
  • One hero; Hwaldar (to make the Dunland leader Wulf)!
  • Two structures; The Mill for EvilMen pehaps... and maybe the Warg/Troll Pit for Moria...

Most likely though, we just need the Spells. That ^ is rather what we would use if we grabbed everything that we I like from RotWK :sad2:

We'll still do EvilMen regardless and perhaps we could just accept that EvilMen as the extra faction won't have Stats and CaH. If we did this and skipped RotWK, we'd save a lot of work and time, and still get almost everything I think SEE needs :sad2: and personally I wouln'd see any need to go shouting about politics, cause RotWK is still a "unique" (but lame, lol) expansion and us using that ^ would hardly make RotWK sell less copies. FOr that, I think SEE has already made damage anyways... but hopefully that is raised to something positve considering that you DO need BFME2 :)

Edited by Nazgûl, 14 November 2007 - 04:48 PM.

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#95 cahik_

cahik_

Sage engine ruler

• Project Team
  • 1,896 posts
  • Projects:Rhovanion Alliance
  •  T3A Team Chamber Member and Crazy animator

Posted 14 November 2007 - 06:30 PM

i dont think that you really need any of those. avelanche could be done in bfme2 as far as i remember, wolf rider anims are as much of other in RotW a bit crappy. i belive that remodeling warg into more wolf-likely creature will do good job there. same goes for hwaldar. there are anims in bfme2 that can cover his anims quite fine.

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#96 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 14 November 2007 - 11:30 PM

I see, interesting... Thanks Cahik. I will definitely consider what you said :p

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#97 Thorongil45

Thorongil45
  • Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 29 November 2007 - 06:38 PM

i think SEE should stay with bfme2. because? to port to rotwk would be too much work for you guys and too long a wait for us fans. just my 2 cents. whatever you decide though is fine.
Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image Posted Image

#98 IthronAiwendil

IthronAiwendil

Retired modder

• Hosted
  • 1,452 posts
  • Projects:None
  •  Coder, skinner, modeler, art guy

Posted 29 November 2007 - 07:08 PM

In my opinion, you should port the mod to RotWK. Porting isn't that hard/time consuming, and the expansion offers much more possibilities than BfME II. When modding RotWK, you can also use any donated skin, but when modding BfME II, any part of code, skin or model that has anything to do with the expansion can't be used...

#99 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 29 November 2007 - 09:43 PM

That's basically true yes... except that I still think noone cares really (at EA or anywhere else authority-wise)...
It's quite interesting how this question sort of divide the modding community in two sections :)

But considering that I don't code anymore, but Sûl is, it's also his descision and I don't think he wants to port. :good:

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#100 Sûlherokhh

Sûlherokhh

Sagacious Engineer

• Project Team
  • 3,754 posts
  • Projects:S.E.E., Sage A.I., Code Advisor
  •  'Axe'er of the Gordic Knot

Posted 29 November 2007 - 09:49 PM

Not if i can prevent it. :good:
For those who want the option of CaH and Stats for EvilMen: take a mod, any big mod, for BfMe2 and start porting it to RotWK. Tell me how you fare.

bannerreal01mittelit3.jpg
Axed Head and A.I. Coder for S.E.E. and ... stuff

".. coding is basically boring. What's fun is finding out how things work, take them apart and then put them together in ways that were not intended nor even conceived."

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users