Posted Image

#22 Gothmog14

Gothmog14

title available

• Project Team
  • 343 posts
  • Projects:RJ - RotWK Beta

Posted 05 November 2007 - 05:48 PM

The Fellbeasts (well, Isenguard's at least) are very slow while "gliding". They're like 3 times as fast when they're flapping as to when they are gliding. Is it possible to improve their speed in his mode (it's really hard t o retreat them as is). Also, I agree with renaming Dwarves and Elves. Dwarves could easily be renamed Erebor and all you'd have to do is change "Dwarven Guardians/Phalanxes/Axethrowers/whatever" to "Erebor whatever". As for Elves, it could get a little more difficult :lol:

Posted Image
Thanks to Shikari for the sig
Posted Image
Posted Image

#23 LordEcthelion

LordEcthelion
  • Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 09:10 PM

Is it possible to increase crush damage and speed when a mounted unit has heavy armor? Realistically, a mounted unit would not have to slow down as much when trampling an enemy if his horse and he had more armor. since he's heavier, he would hit the enemies harder and they would impede him less. Also the heavy armor should slow him down. Just to check, is Glorfindel's tree crush removed? I couldn't find anything to that effect in the ReadMe. It's kind of silly, considering Elves like trees, and they definitely have enough skill with horses to dodge them.

This is probably hopeless, and even if possible, it would take a lot of work for others to do (I have no modding skills, I'm just the idiot with about a billion ideas), but I think it's cool. I wonder if it is possible to have, after the warg riders are killed, have just the warg fight on, kind of like the troll's rampage ability.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#24 Biermann

Biermann
  • New Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 11:14 PM

What about that old idea of making Saruman the RingHero of Isengard? I didn't played yet with Isen in Beta 4.5, but if this wasn't added yet, would be for beta V?
And the library thing? Will be add?

I was thinking about the inns, and what about making a unit only recruitable at the inn? Like for dwarves some iron hills (or blue mountains) warriors, for elves some dark elves hunters or something (descendents of the ones who didn't went to Valinor, but aren't sindar, i don't remember the name) and so on.

#25 Rhodin

Rhodin
  • Project Team
  • 246 posts
  • Projects:Special Extended Edition, RJ-ROTWK

Posted 05 November 2007 - 11:15 PM

The Dúnedain rangers are only recruitable at inns for instance.
"Is there any of this rout with authority to treat with me?"

Posted Image

#26 Thorongil45

Thorongil45
  • Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 03:03 AM

maybe i missed it somewhere, but why does the production of funds at farms and such go down the more you have? (probably wrong forum area ). change for beta 5 maybe?
Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image Posted Image

#27 njm1983

njm1983

title available

• Project Team
  • 2,867 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 03:42 AM

well for those of you that would like the minas tirith map rescaled I have good news and bad news, to properly scale the walls to the correct size, makes them huge by the way... double the original size, it takes up more than half the largest map size just for the outer most wall. and it highly unlikely that the whole city will fit, bad news is the whole map would need a rebuild and that is very very very very time consuming. ill keep on it though.

And more bad news aparrently the scaled gates dont keep enemies out, its wierd because the larger gate still prevents enemies at the gates original size but on the ends units can still pass through. so no rescaled minas tirith unless this can be solved.

Edited by njm1983, 06 November 2007 - 06:11 AM.

#28 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  • Projects:BFME2 - Nazgûl's Special Extended Edition
  •  Veteran

Posted 06 November 2007 - 05:49 AM

maybe i missed it somewhere, but why does the production of funds at farms and such go down the more you have? (probably wrong forum area ). change for beta 5 maybe?

That is in the vanilla game too... It's a way to keep the player from building 200 farms... And you don't NEED more then 7 anyways :xcahik_:

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
"Do not come between the Nazgûl and his mod!"
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I S.E.E. YOU! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#29 King Trident

King Trident
  • Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 06:13 AM

U should refer to the Games Workshop Miniatures as a reference for models lol

www.gamesworkshop.com

#30 dragontamer

dragontamer
  • Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 07:25 AM

You could make the good ring hero Annatar, the "good" Sauron. It may have been cut from the movie, but that ghostly white image they were going to use was plain freaky. Units around him could gain some sort of boost, shown by having them all look like they are carrying the ring, only several, and much smaller.

#31 Sûlherokhh

Sûlherokhh

Sagacious Engineer

• Project Team
  • 3,754 posts
  • Projects:S.E.E., Sage A.I., Code Advisor
  •  'Axe'er of the Gordic Knot

Posted 06 November 2007 - 07:29 AM

well for those of you that would like the minas tirith map rescaled I have good news and bad news, to properly scale the walls to the correct size, makes them huge by the way... double the original size, it takes up more than half the largest map size just for the outer most wall. and it highly unlikely that the whole city will fit, bad news is the whole map would need a rebuild and that is very very very very time consuming. ill keep on it though.

And more bad news aparrently the scaled gates dont keep enemies out, its wierd because the larger gate still prevents enemies at the gates original size but on the ends units can still pass through. so no rescaled minas tirith unless this can be solved.

That can be solved by adjusting the geometry settings as well as the GateBehavior (for pathing information).

bannerreal01mittelit3.jpg
Axed Head and A.I. Coder for S.E.E. and ... stuff

".. coding is basically boring. What's fun is finding out how things work, take them apart and then put them together in ways that were not intended nor even conceived."

#32 njm1983

njm1983

title available

• Project Team
  • 2,867 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 01:32 AM

ok sweet Ill keep working on the map then.

#33 DragonLord

DragonLord
  • Members
  • 44 posts
  • Projects:Nazgul's Special Extended Edition (Player)
  •  Ruler of Dwarves

Posted 07 November 2007 - 02:04 AM

It would be nice if you could add more types of resource structures for each faction.

Also, make it so that SEE applies to WOTR (units, heroes, areas, etc.)

Third, make the Golden Hall have all the abilities of a regular fortress. :xcahik_:
Posted Image

The Valar had to nerf Dwarves, or we would of taken over the world before it even began... :D

#34 Garrison Nomad

Garrison Nomad

Bringin' in Da Boyz

• Project Team
  • 608 posts
  • Projects:Beta testing for SEE
  •  I'm in your closet...eating your clothes.

Posted 07 November 2007 - 02:25 AM

um, i've actually tried this before in my own modding, but what about adding wall aura around towers? Be a cheaper way to expand the base plus it'd make building outposts a lot easier. plus having a "wall ring" around free standing towers with their own gates and wall upgrades could potentially be pretty cool. Plus it might be a codable AI build set.
If I were you and you were me I'd have a different face.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
"The only real things are imaginary..."

#35 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  • Projects:BFME2 - Nazgûl's Special Extended Edition
  •  Veteran

Posted 08 November 2007 - 02:14 AM

one question:
what do you think about the two anti rush ideas I had in the last thread naz?
I just don't want them to get lost :sad2:

Could you post them again here... I can't seem to locate them now? ;)

Sorry Sûl, high settings doesn't go up this time :huh:
Everything is on Ultra highest when I play SEE mod ;)

IN that case something's wrong... In my game all Wargs have high res skins? :p

The Fellbeasts (well, Isenguard's at least) are very slow while "gliding". They're like 3 times as fast when they're flapping as to when they are gliding. Is it possible to improve their speed in his mode (it's really hard t o retreat them as is). Also, I agree with renaming Dwarves and Elves. Dwarves could easily be renamed Erebor and all you'd have to do is change "Dwarven Guardians/Phalanxes/Axethrowers/whatever" to "Erebor whatever". As for Elves, it could get a little more difficult ^_^

- *noted & agreed* I'll ask the Coder to speed up he Flyboys...
- Yes, Dwarves will be Erebor and ELves will be Lórien! =)

Is it possible to increase crush damage and speed when a mounted unit has heavy armor? Realistically, a mounted unit would not have to slow down as much when trampling an enemy if his horse and he had more armor. since he's heavier, he would hit the enemies harder and they would impede him less. Also the heavy armor should slow him down. Just to check, is Glorfindel's tree crush removed? I couldn't find anything to that effect in the ReadMe. It's kind of silly, considering Elves like trees, and they definitely have enough skill with horses to dodge them.

This is probably hopeless, and even if possible, it would take a lot of work for others to do (I have no modding skills, I'm just the idiot with about a billion ideas), but I think it's cool. I wonder if it is possible to have, after the warg riders are killed, have just the warg fight on, kind of like the troll's rampage ability.

- Too much coding, even if the idea is realistic
- Glorfindel don't have, and never have had any Tree Crush?
- That would also be cool, but I doubt Sûl would be up for coding that. Pretty hefty work load for such a small detail.

What about that old idea of making Saruman the RingHero of Isengard? I didn't played yet with Isen in Beta 4.5, but if this wasn't added yet, would be for beta V?
And the library thing? Will be add?

I was thinking about the inns, and what about making a unit only recruitable at the inn? Like for dwarves some iron hills (or blue mountains) warriors, for elves some dark elves hunters or something (descendents of the ones who didn't went to Valinor, but aren't sindar, i don't remember the name) and so on.

- Saruman WILL be RingHero for Isengard! ;)
- Library idea will most likely be scrapped. The mod has simply grown out of proportion since then, and there's hardly any room to expand with that too... I think we have far cooler things that we should focus on ahead. For one; the EvilMen faction and the question on wether to convert to RotWK (to gain the 7th faction slot) or not.
- *noted* But the thing is that all Inn units ARE already unique in the scense that they all belong to other factions then the ones capturing the Inn. THis way Mordor can get both Isengard and Moria units and so on... And for Dunedain they're only available in Inns yes... :p

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
"Do not come between the Nazgûl and his mod!"
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I S.E.E. YOU! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

#36 elbenmensch

elbenmensch
  • Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 02:13 PM

About the good factions and the one ring thing:YOu coul make that once you have the ring you could recruit a few more heroes.
This way you could get Gil-Galad for example for elvesor isildur, Elendil and maybe King of the dead for men,Thorin Oakenshield,kili and fili for the dwarfes.
What do you think?
Posted Image
Posted Image

#37 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Leader

Posted 08 November 2007 - 02:32 PM

Isn't that pretty much the same as a making unique ring heroes for each faction?

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#38 Mercyy

Mercyy
  • Members
  • 183 posts
  • Projects:Edain mod campaign and other mapping
  •  Fan of all Mods, with LotR Feeling

Posted 08 November 2007 - 02:40 PM

The Problem til now is, that you can still rush and that is the best strategy.
That is because you soon get strong units, especially Siegeunits.
My first idea to solve the Problem is: Do it like in CnC Generals tongue.gif

First you're only allowed to build Farms.
If you have a farm, you're allowed to build your Buildings to train troops.
After that you're allowed to build your Forge. And only if you have a forge, you can build a Siege Workshop.
Cause then you have only "weak" troops in the start and until you have Siegeunits the enemy has a better Defence, too.

The second Idea would be: Do it a bit like AoE(just played it for 2 hours^^).
You don't have to do it the same with the ages.
But such Upgrades in your Fortress would be cool.
First you can only build normal Soldiers and Archers and you can only build your basic buildings.
If you have some of the Buildings you're allowed to buy the Upgrade for the next "age".(I would prefer another name, but I haven't found one til now).
After this Upgrade all your Units are stronger and you have some new buildings.
After that you can build another upgrade (The 3rd age; t3a tongue.gif ).
With this last upgrade your Units will be as strong as they are now. And you're allowed to build Siege units, more fortresses (til this upgrade you're only allowed to have one fortress and can only build a new when you one is destroyed; with the last age you get the chance to build more fortresses).

I would love the second "Idea". Because then you can't kill the other Player in the beginning, cause your units are too weak. If you have the first upgrade, you can attack the enemy, but it is very hard to kill him, cause your units are still not so strong.
With the last upgrade you have the units, like they are in the game and your siege units and then you can attack and kill the enemy easier. (Siegeunits like rams could be already available after the first upgrade, cause you can easily kill them, if you have units around your citadell).

I think this idea will have many enemys, but I just wanted to say this, cause I saw that on one Map in BfmE II years ago and liked the idea^^

My Post was here:
http://forums.revora...p...0195&st=840
( in the center of the page)
Posted Image

92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature

#39 zachdaddy_3000

zachdaddy_3000

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!

• Project Team
  • 580 posts
  • Projects:Nazgul's BFMEII: Special Extended Edition

Posted 08 November 2007 - 03:02 PM

I just realized that the evil factions already have "snagas", those are the tree cutters that are sent out from the lumber mills. They are weak, fast to recruit, and very effective against ents! Are you wanting ANOTHER unit like them? Also, we are going to send treebeard to MotW with merry and pippin and replace him with Quickbeam for Elves, right? I saw Quickbeam on the to do list along with merry and pippin's transfer to MotW, but would it be okay for Treebeard to follow them to MotW as well?
Do not come between a Zach and his........Zach?

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#40 elbenmensch

elbenmensch
  • Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 03:17 PM

@Matias:not really these are more heroes and they arent so strong like a ring hero.You could give an additional bonus
Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users