• This topic is locked This topic is locked
451 replies to this topic

#41 Lord of Mordor

Lord of Mordor

Master of the One Ring

• Project Team
  • 170 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 03:55 PM

I read in the To-Do List that you want to give Nazgûl their "proper" names... now I'm all for Khamul, but I really think that these dumb names should not be used... (especially "Adunaphel"... I think of the Nine as male :) )

Also, I wouldn't completely get rid of the Axe Throwers just in favor of one hero and an archer unit which every faction has - these axes are far more unique.

Build me an army worthy of Mordor!

HobbitBann5501.png

#42 Mercyy

Mercyy
  • Members
  • 183 posts
  • Projects:Edain mod campaign and other mapping
  •  Fan of all Mods, with LotR Feeling

Posted 08 November 2007 - 04:32 PM

All I can do is repeat what LoM said.
Exactly my own meaning :)
Posted Image

92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature

#43 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  • Projects:BFME2 - Nazgûl's Special Extended Edition
  •  Veteran

Posted 08 November 2007 - 06:33 PM

Nah I'm leaning more towards the Wagon addition, so don't worry about AxeThrowers. I love them too... :)

As far as the Nazzies go, I think if we should use ANY names, it should be those, since those are the ONLY official names given outside Tolkiens world... And who says a Nazgul can't be a woman... even if I'm a man though, hehe :) (I wonder whom of the 9 that most ppl "identify" me with, if any, lol?)

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
"Do not come between the Nazgûl and his mod!"
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I S.E.E. YOU! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#44 Lord of Mordor

Lord of Mordor

Master of the One Ring

• Project Team
  • 170 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 06:35 PM

If you use any names, then these, of course. I just think that part of the coolness and menacing-ness of the Nine stems from the fact they are nameless... unless you want to give each of them different abilites, then you need names.

HobbitBann5501.png

#45 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 November 2007 - 07:10 PM

And who says a Nazgul can't be a woman...

look at this pic and tell me which one's the women: (apart from women with beards)
Posted Image

If you wanna stay close to the movies, there should be no "she-nazgul"

The feeling fo the nazguls is:
there are 9, they look the same, they act like a unit, you can't say whos who
you can't even figure out the witchking, when hes without his crown

back to the game:
by adding names or even different abilities, they are not equal anymore, people see nine nazguls attacking them, and theyre like, "oh thats adunaphel, shes not that strong, ill concentrate on Khamul, he has strong powers, so i kill him first"

I would keep them united
and i don't think they care about names, nor does enyone else
except for the witchking, cause hes a great sorcerer
the others should stay "unidentified", the "nameless evil"

just my two cents....

#46 DragonLord

DragonLord
  • Members
  • 44 posts
  • Projects:Nazgul's Special Extended Edition (Player)
  •  Ruler of Dwarves

Posted 08 November 2007 - 09:18 PM

I think for beta V, each good faction should get a gather type resource structure. They will be like the lumber Mills for evil, but they will be good versions:

Dwarves; Smelting Hall: Dwarf Miners (Yes, the ones that's in the BFME2 movie) will go out (same haleth and armor as orc laborours) and instead of trees, you could make little shiny rocks on cliffs for the dwarves to mine. When the dwarf gets his share, he goes back to the building, and you get some resources, just like a lumber mill.

Elves; Gathering Center (needs better name): This will have elven gatherers (you could use elf townsfolk models for these). You guys could make little green shrubs (that you could tell were harvestable), and the elf harvesters would harvest the plants and bring them back to the building for resources.

MotW; Hunting Lodge: This will be kin of different than the rest. You will have hunters (Don't exactly know what model you'd use for them, maybe some ranger-ish model for them, again don't know). Okay, you know the little animals that have no meaning at all? Well, if you guys could make there be alot more of them in the appropiete areas, then the hunters could hunt the animals. Then, they would take the body back to the building for resources. I have NO clue how much coding is involved, but would add a new element of strategy for MOTW (Plus, you can finally kill all of those annoying little animals :) ).

It would be pretty cool if you could somehow implent these in beta V... :)
Posted Image

The Valar had to nerf Dwarves, or we would of taken over the world before it even began... :D

#47 Mercyy

Mercyy
  • Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 09:25 PM

@ DragenLord:
Dwarves:
I had the idea ages ago and forgot to say it. Great another User has the same idea =)

the other two ideas... well, I don't know :)

But when we're talking about animals:
In BfmE I they always ran away when an army came.
In BfmE II they stay :( Can you change that?:)
Posted Image

92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature

#48 DragonLord

DragonLord
  • Members
  • 44 posts
  • Projects:Nazgul's Special Extended Edition (Player)
  •  Ruler of Dwarves

Posted 08 November 2007 - 09:49 PM

@ DragenLord:
Dwarves:
I had the idea ages ago and forgot to say it. Great another User has the same idea =)

the other two ideas... well, I don't know :)

In BfmE II they stay :( Can you change that?;)

Well, with a bow and some aim, anything's possible... :)
Posted Image

The Valar had to nerf Dwarves, or we would of taken over the world before it even began... :D

#49 Garrison Nomad

Garrison Nomad

Bringin' in Da Boyz

• Project Team
  • 608 posts
  • Projects:Beta testing for SEE
  •  I'm in your closet...eating your clothes.

Posted 09 November 2007 - 03:53 AM

um, i've actually tried this before in my own modding, but what about adding wall aura around towers? Be a cheaper way to expand the base plus it'd make building outposts a lot easier. plus having a "wall ring" around free standing towers with their own gates and wall upgrades could potentially be pretty cool. Plus it might be a codable AI build set.

got skipped over. =(
If I were you and you were me I'd have a different face.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
"The only real things are imaginary..."

#50 LordEcthelion

LordEcthelion
  • Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 04:30 AM

I wholeheartedly support using the ringwraiths' names. It lends an air of respectability and authenticity to that whole side. I think that khamul is a terrible name for the ringwraith though.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#51 Rhodin

Rhodin
  • Project Team
  • 246 posts
  • Projects:Special Extended Edition, RJ-ROTWK

Posted 09 November 2007 - 04:35 AM

Personally, I'd like to have unique powers for each Nazgul...but no names. That way, the enemy won't know what's coming, they are still an "Item", and they all have something that differs from the others. :ohmy:

Edited by Rhodin, 09 November 2007 - 04:35 AM.

"Is there any of this rout with authority to treat with me?"

Posted Image

#52 Wundai

Wundai
  • Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 09:50 AM

And to add to that, they are more of an "Instrument" to Sauron :ohmy:
They have no will of their own, a name would let you think that they DO.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#53 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 09 November 2007 - 10:36 AM

Allright, I was under the impressin that ppl wanted them to have names, but I was wrong. Whichever is fine wth me though, so I might as well scrap that part. We won't give them different abilities though... that's over the top =p

I think for beta V, each good faction should get a gather type resource structure. They will be like the lumber Mills for evil, but they will be good versions:

Dwarves; Smelting Hall: Dwarf Miners (Yes, the ones that's in the BFME2 movie) will go out (same haleth and armor as orc laborours) and instead of trees, you could make little shiny rocks on cliffs for the dwarves to mine. When the dwarf gets his share, he goes back to the building, and you get some resources, just like a lumber mill.

Elves; Gathering Center (needs better name): This will have elven gatherers (you could use elf townsfolk models for these). You guys could make little green shrubs (that you could tell were harvestable), and the elf harvesters would harvest the plants and bring them back to the building for resources.

MotW; Hunting Lodge: This will be kin of different than the rest. You will have hunters (Don't exactly know what model you'd use for them, maybe some ranger-ish model for them, again don't know). Okay, you know the little animals that have no meaning at all? Well, if you guys could make there be alot more of them in the appropiete areas, then the hunters could hunt the animals. Then, they would take the body back to the building for resources. I have NO clue how much coding is involved, but would add a new element of strategy for MOTW (Plus, you can finally kill all of those annoying little animals :ohmy: ).

It would be pretty cool if you could somehow implent these in beta V... :p

This would be cool indeed, I especially like the idea of Hunters that gather food som animals, like in Settlers, hehe. But if ever, this has to be much later, cause it would require some SERIOUS coding for poor old Sûl ;)

In BfmE II they stay :( Can you change that?:)

I'd love to have them run away. This should not be too hard to do... *noted*!

um, i've actually tried this before in my own modding, but what about adding wall aura around towers? Be a cheaper way to expand the base plus it'd make building outposts a lot easier. plus having a "wall ring" around free standing towers with their own gates and wall upgrades could potentially be pretty cool. Plus it might be a codable AI build set.

got skipped over. =(

No, I read it, but I don't like it :p OP and too much "space demanding"...

I wholeheartedly support using the ringwraiths' names. It lends an air of respectability and authenticity to that whole side. I think that khamul is a terrible name for the ringwraith though.

Khamûl was actually the only name given to a Nazgûl by Tolkien himself... But don't worry, I'll scrap the naming idea :p

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#54 elbenmensch

elbenmensch
  • Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 10:37 AM

Right
Even if id really like to know their names :ohmy:
They are all the same except the witchking.
Maybe you could give the witchking his real name.Or is he callled "Witchking"?
Posted Image
Posted Image

#55 Mercyy

Mercyy
  • Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 02:27 PM

He is called "The Witchking of Angmar" :ohmy:
I don't know of another name :p
Posted Image

#56 Lord of Mordor

Lord of Mordor

Master of the One Ring

• Project Team
  • 170 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 02:29 PM

Maybe you could give the witchking his real name.Or is he callled "Witchking"?

Yes :ohmy:

Tolkien only named Khamul the Easterling :p

Edit: Dang, Ninja'd!

Edited by Lord of Mordor, 09 November 2007 - 02:30 PM.

HobbitBann5501.png

#57 Wundai

Wundai
  • Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 08:37 PM

How about removing, EA,THX and New Line Cinema logos in the intro and load the game up faster :rolleyes:

Or at least give us the option to push ESC.

Edited by Wundai, 09 November 2007 - 08:38 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#58 Mercyy

Mercyy
  • Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 08:47 PM

there is another solution:
Just check the movies in your electronicarts ordner and rename them.
I put an "_" behind the normal name. Then they won't be shown any more :rolleyes:

another question at Naz:
have you read the ideas from me on the second page?
Just wanna know, what you think about the two ideas :shiftee:

Edited by Mercyy, 09 November 2007 - 08:49 PM.

Posted Image

#59 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 09 November 2007 - 09:33 PM

Yes, now I recognize the post... ^
I've read them... and I understand your point. The thing is though, that we've developed and modified and improved the AI so much that I'm not sure it would be such a good idea to do even further changes... but I understand the idea and it's not bad. Allthough, it's not THAT different from the game anyway...
- We do have 3 "phases" of the game, and that's in retail version too. Nothing Phase 3 can be built by the AI before plahse 1 and 2 is over, and for players we have the Levels of buildings, right? So, it's really not that different from your "ages"... And as far as requirements go, we coould do them, and we have them to some extent (like the new Elite Unit system). But, we'll see... We'll think about it =)

How about removing, EA,THX and New Line Cinema logos in the intro and load the game up faster :rolleyes:

Or at least give us the option to push ESC.

Nope, they're there for a reason... I want them there! You can mod them away if you don't like them though, like in the example above =p

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#60 Mercyy

Mercyy
  • Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 09:47 PM

well... the upgrades for bulding are something different :rolleyes:
You can build all buildings at once and you can build at once siege weapons.

But ok, I understand your points.
I will shut up with that idea :shiftee:
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users