MO 2.0 - Psi P2: bug report, feedback, and suggestions thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
376 replies to this topic

#281 Antares_Captain

Antares_Captain
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 02:09 AM

Hello there. My first post, and I must say, I think this is an impressive mod...

If I could get everything working.

When I start up mental omega from the little box that asks if I want to go to the website, start up the mod, and the third option, I click on start the mod... and it just sits there. I can't click anything until I decided to hit Ctrl+alt+delete and ended MO. THEN I see YR at the bottom of the screen, click on it, and MO begins... only I can't get anything past cuba working, and I don't see a yuri campaign.

Yes, I installed NPatch. Yes, I get the screen with the massive Red alert 2 Yuris revenge menu, with all the fighters and that lone tank. I even checked the NPatch manager. The manager itself says I'm using Npatch special edition. Not sure if thats it or not.

I've played one round in a MO map, something village, 1v1, both america in the crate battle mode(So many crates were blinding me! ^_^) but thats all. I haven't installed any patches beyond Npatch and the original MO 2.0, and something is wrong.

... yeah, this is some introductory post, and may need some edits before anyone understands what I'm saying.. -_-

#282 Zenothist

Zenothist

Former Mentalmeister

• Project Team
  • 1,727 posts
  •  Each post handcrafted for the discerning reader.

Posted 23 September 2010 - 12:11 PM

Welcome to Revora, Captain. ^_^

You've patched YR to 1.001?

I know NPatch won't work without it but just checking. Issue with the mod launcher is known.

The start-up game screen you see? I've seen it before, and I think it's because of the mod being installed incorrectly or something.

Next time you start up 2.0psi, go to the task manager and just click on the Yuri's Revenge game that should be there. If it's not there, create a new task which points to Gamemd.exe in your RA2 folder.

#283 gsa1642

gsa1642
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 12:33 PM

the game gives a internal error if you try to load mission 6 red from soviet campaign from your saved game list :S

#284 Speeder

Speeder

#ControlMOre

• Hosted
  • 9,001 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega
  •  Mental Omega Creator

Posted 24 September 2010 - 01:32 PM

Are you talking about the 3.0 beta? If so the first - use beta board for this. ^_^ Second - saves are not working in current Ares version.

mainbanner.jpg
bt_left.pngbt_fb.pngbt_yt.pngbt_tw.pngbt_md.pngbt_right.png
115776.png

#285 Antares_Captain

Antares_Captain
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 12:00 AM

Hm... as far as I can tell, I seriously messed up somewhere along the line and will get back to you people on the subject of my mental omega in some unspecified time.

#286 subajk

subajk
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 10:22 AM

Spotted that chrono miner and desolator radius of radiation (defiantly theres more similar kind of unit's) doesn't work when they are invisible (from the random crate or under yuri's invisibility tower(can't remember the name)). Sorry if this was detected i did not read other post's.
In Soviet Russia, You dont play Red Alert 3. You play Red Alert 2!

#287 Speeder

Speeder

#ControlMOre

• Hosted
  • 9,001 posts
  •  Mental Omega Creator

Posted 19 November 2010 - 11:20 PM

Since v2.0psi has been updated today, I'm bumping the sticky. However, since 3.0 is a different thing when compared to 2.0psi, it will be best if you double check the issue you've received in 3.0 when the first beta is released.

mainbanner.jpg
115776.png

#288 dragon1mst

dragon1mst
  • Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 02:32 PM

I think the new Grizzly Tank from 2.0 psi patch 2 looks a bit weird after you removed the anti-mind control device. I hope you can fix this in 3.0.

#289 Zenothist

Zenothist

Former Mentalmeister

• Project Team
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 02:33 PM

Grizzly Tank voxel will be updated to something much cooler. :thumbsupsmiley:

Edited by Alien55234, 20 November 2010 - 02:34 PM.

#290 Speeder

Speeder

#ControlMOre

• Hosted
  • 9,001 posts
  •  Mental Omega Creator

Posted 20 November 2010 - 02:35 PM

Still, MC-proof and that voxel update are independent. Grizzly was just updated with laser-pointers etc. Visual enhancement, that's all.

mainbanner.jpg
115776.png

#291 dragon1mst

dragon1mst
  • Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 02:40 PM

Also, I noticed that Robot Tanks still shoot projectiles instead of having an anti-infantry weapon as you mentioned on the site.

#292 Speeder

Speeder

#ControlMOre

• Hosted
  • 9,001 posts
  •  Mental Omega Creator

Posted 20 November 2010 - 02:52 PM

Because the site is totally, totally, TOTALLY, TOTALLY, TOTALLY out of date and will only be updated before 3.0 release.

mainbanner.jpg
115776.png

#293 wipe

wipe
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 04:56 PM

Hi guys :-) I have problem , I think the same with generals mod 2.5 , in omega I don't have any new units only I think some new effects but not all , I think I have all the patches for RA2 YR and Npatch ,thanks

Edited by wipe, 08 December 2010 - 04:57 PM.

#294 Speeder

Speeder

#ControlMOre

• Hosted
  • 9,001 posts
  •  Mental Omega Creator

Posted 08 December 2010 - 05:21 PM

Please make a screenshot of the first main menu when mod is activated and post it here.

mainbanner.jpg
115776.png

#295 mikezat6

mikezat6
  • Members
  • 13 posts
  •  Thunder Bolt

Posted 14 December 2010 - 03:15 AM

I'm getting an incomplete list of the Terrain Expansion maps I have installed. Only 3 out of 10 show.

- Mike

Edited by mikezat6, 14 December 2010 - 03:15 AM.

Posted Image
"We speak of fighting to resist this world, but what about the battle within us?"

#296 Speeder

Speeder

#ControlMOre

• Hosted
  • 9,001 posts
  •  Mental Omega Creator

Posted 14 December 2010 - 12:00 PM

Well, that's not really MO issue is it.. you probably did something wrong with the installation. What game do you want to play those maps in?

mainbanner.jpg
115776.png

#297 mikezat6

mikezat6
  • Members
  • 13 posts
  •  Thunder Bolt

Posted 14 December 2010 - 05:49 PM

If its not an MO issue then why do they show up in vanilla RA2 YR? I'm not trying to put the blame on anyone but its kinda odd that they show up in one but not the other. I'm not aware of another directory you can install maps in other than the default RA2 directory. Just sharing what I've seen. I have no other mods installed other than MO (and its corresponding patches) and obviously TX.

- Mike

Edited by mikezat6, 14 December 2010 - 05:56 PM.

Posted Image
"We speak of fighting to resist this world, but what about the battle within us?"

#298 Speeder

Speeder

#ControlMOre

• Hosted
  • 9,001 posts
  •  Mental Omega Creator

Posted 14 December 2010 - 05:58 PM

I don't really support TX for 2.0psi, however as for that version of the mod there were no modifications to game mode entries or map lists so TX maps should be read just fine.

mainbanner.jpg
115776.png

#299 Zenothist

Zenothist

Former Mentalmeister

• Project Team
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 06:39 PM

Blame NPatch? :ninja:

#300 mikezat6

mikezat6
  • Members
  • 13 posts
  •  Thunder Bolt

Posted 14 December 2010 - 11:24 PM

I don't really support TX for 2.0psi, however as for that version of the mod there were no modifications to game mode entries or map lists so TX maps should be read just fine.

Key Word... Should! :sleep: Its all good though.

Edited by mikezat6, 14 December 2010 - 11:25 PM.

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users