Kings of the West Feedback

• Please log in to reply
129 replies to this topic

#61 bauglir1111

bauglir1111
  • Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 04:56 PM

I think mordor archers' and mordor pikes' cost is a balance problem Gto.It is only 1.So,Mordor can win easily against its oponents.Mordor can capture all of map in early game owing to its pikes(1 cost) against gondor and rohan easily.So,it is a balance problem.U can fix it.In fact,it is making mordor very powerfull having pikes.

#62 Ring o' Fate

Ring o' Fate

The Ghost.

• Project Team
  • 1,627 posts
  • Projects:Trying to find meaning...
  •  The guy that is just a ghost.

Posted 20 August 2009 - 07:30 PM

...I'd LOVE to see you use those pikes against me buddy.
A changed man is only the same man with a different outlook of life.

#63 Uruk King

Uruk King

Lore-abiding citizen

• Project Team
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 08:23 PM

I've found out that Isengard is simply the best faction in the game for four reasons:

* Saruman and his newest abilities can really change the course of the battle, as well as a passive industry
* Ugluk and his immense power in battle. which practically surpasses Lurtz.
* The Power of the Uruk-hai, enough to overpower even rohirrim.
* Modified unit prices to ensure that Isengard gets their way.

But it also makes them the hardest opponents, in particular Rohan has a hard time standing against them for long, their horsemen fall before their crossbows, their infantry are stripped down by their heroes, and the relative slowness of Rohan's economy gives the enemy an advantage.
I will remember Rhovanion Alliance, RIP .

Posted Image

#64 Spartan184

Spartan184

:)

• Project Team
  • 1,592 posts
  • Projects:Random Modding Projects
  •  Coder, Map.ini Coder, Mapper, and Beta Tester

Posted 20 August 2009 - 11:11 PM

...I'd LOVE to see you use those pikes against me buddy.

I've found out that Isengard is simply the best faction in the game for four reasons:

* Saruman and his newest abilities can really change the course of the battle, as well as a passive industry

But it also makes them the hardest opponents, in particular Rohan has a hard time standing against them for long, their horsemen fall before their crossbows, their infantry are stripped down by their heroes, and the relative slowness of Rohan's economy gives the enemy an advantage.

@ Ringy why do you always challenge everyone?
And no Isengard is not the most powerful faction it just matter how you use them. Trust me ask Ringy why it matters how you use them. And rohan can stand against Isengard just like every other faction can.

Edited by Spartan184, 20 August 2009 - 11:13 PM.

safsignature.png

#65 Forogorn

Forogorn
  • Members
  • 36 posts
  •  Forogorn

Posted 21 August 2009 - 01:15 AM

I would like to challenge Ring of Fate, but I don't even know how to use Hamachi servers......
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

#66 Ring o' Fate

Ring o' Fate

The Ghost.

• Project Team
  • 1,627 posts
  • Projects:Trying to find meaning...
  •  The guy that is just a ghost.

Posted 21 August 2009 - 04:26 AM

Well, Spartan, I do it for fun really. :blink:
A changed man is only the same man with a different outlook of life.

#67 Uruk King

Uruk King

Lore-abiding citizen

• Project Team
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 08:44 AM

And no Isengard is not the most powerful faction it just matter how you use them. Trust me ask Ringy why it matters how you use them. And rohan can stand against Isengard just like every other faction can.

That's just my opinion, based on my experiences with them, and against them. If you seem to beleive that Rohan can survive them, than give me some tips.

Posted Image

#68 Githiran

Githiran

Master strategist, if the troop numbers are right...

• Project Team
  • 367 posts
  • Projects:RC Mod, Lone Wolf Beta Tester.
  •  Useless for anything but ideas...

Posted 21 August 2009 - 11:19 AM

Trust us when we say; the factions ARE balanced. It may not seem that way at times, in particular the orcs, but the orcs have been severly weakened so that other factions are not overwhelmed by them. If you haven't noticed already, orc archers miss most of their targets when the target is moving, so cavalry and swordsmen instantly gain the advantage on the old orc archer rushes. For rohan against mordor, simply having gamling on the field with peasant battalions can be more than a match for the orcs. So don't worry when you think mordor or isengard will be unstoppable, because they aren't, just a lot of people aren't used to this level of AI difficulty.
A master strategist, such as Zhuge Liang, will be remembered not for his intellect, but for his common sense.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#69 Uruk King

Uruk King

Lore-abiding citizen

• Project Team
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 11:34 AM

But most of my problems have been with Rohan v. Isengard, and the uruk crossbowmen are the most accurate archers in the evil factions, also Rohirrim just aren't tough enough to trample them down, they always sustain some form of damage before falling to the Uruk-hai.

Posted Image

#70 Spartan184

Spartan184

• Project Team
  • 1,592 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 12:56 PM

But most of my problems have been with Rohan v. Isengard, and the uruk crossbowmen are the most accurate archers in the evil factions, also Rohirrim just aren't tough enough to trample them down, they always sustain some form of damage before falling to the Uruk-hai.

If you want me and you could play a game and we will see how balance they are. If you agree get on hamachi im on there most of the time. And i get home from school at 4 Pm Eastcost.

safsignature.png

#71 Elessar Ancalímon

Elessar Ancalímon
  • Project Team
  • 185 posts
  •  The Patriotic Dutchmen

Posted 21 August 2009 - 03:15 PM

Don't play with Spartan he is far to good :lol:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
We must rule the world

#72 Uruk King

Uruk King

Lore-abiding citizen

• Project Team
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 04:38 PM

Perhaps I should meet his challenge, even if he defeats me in the process.

The only hitch is that I don't do multiplayer, my schedule at home during a school week is too tight.

Posted Image

#73 drogoth232

drogoth232

What a shame

• Members
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 04:53 PM

Not necessarily. I beat the Isen army with only 450 units in all and they had about 1050 units. Pretty easy when you have peasants, yeomen, edoras militia, and rohirrim lancers with no hero (maybe Hama or Gamling once in a while) And Ringy you are the best (to me) with Rohan so stop challanging people! Even if it is for fun :lol:

Also my units werent upgraded except for fire arrows. They had all the upgrades.

Edited by drogoth232, 21 August 2009 - 04:54 PM.

Wait... what?

#74 Elessar Ancalímon

Elessar Ancalímon
  • Project Team
  • 185 posts
  •  The Patriotic Dutchmen

Posted 22 August 2009 - 03:33 PM

Ofcourse you can beat isengard, it depend on how you play :shiftee2:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
We must rule the world

#75 Uruk King

Uruk King

Lore-abiding citizen

• Project Team
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 04:52 PM

Well in that case:

If you seem to beleive that Rohan can survive Isengard, than give me some tips.

Please.

Posted Image

#76 Uruk King

Uruk King

Lore-abiding citizen

• Project Team
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 05:57 PM

GTO mordor is to OP in beginning, for the game it has the ability to take control of map real fast. It will be dominate in 3v3 and 4v4 maps and maps with camps cause you could easily spam mordor orcs and archers over to there camp and they wouldn't have much of a chance in early game. I think you should raise back up archers to 300 and orcs free.

Maybe keep orcs free, archers at 200 (becuase they have poor damage and accuracy), and pikes at 300.

Posted Image

#77 GothmogtheOrc

GothmogtheOrc

Ruler of the Morgul Vale

• Hosted
  • 2,263 posts
  • Projects:Kings of the West Mod
  •  T3A Chamber Member - Retired

Posted 22 August 2009 - 08:26 PM

Ok I've tried to read through as many of the previous posts as possible and I want to address the balance issues as much as I can.

First off, I have personally beat the hard AI with every faction, several times in 'unbeatable' scenarios, so in that sense it is doable/balanced. Second, the caliber of the player will be a huge deciding factor. I would argue that with proper strategies and just a bit of luck here and there any faction can beat another. For instance, Ring soundly beat me as Rohan when I was Isengard. It was very close for most of the game and I had a few missed chances where I could have beat him, but ultimately he pulled out and owned me.

Also keep in mind that each faction has it's unique strategies and 'personalities'. For example, Mordor and Isengard are strongest in the early to mid game. Thus for them to win they must attack quickly and kill their enemies as soon as possible. Rohan, and especially Gondor, take time to build up but in the mid to late game they are very strong and hard to beat as the evil factions.

Ultimately I would suggest you give it more time and play against some of the good players around here like Ring online and see if they don't shatter the balance issues you think there are. I know they did mine. And yes, the mod might not be perfectly balanced, but name a game or mod that is. I've done as much as I can to make it fun and as balanced as possible.

-Gto

Nine%20rings.jpg
Click on my Sig to go to my BFME Modding site where you can download my mods.
KotW%20Morgul%20In-game.jpg
Kings of the West Mod Leader
*Retired. PM me if you need to get a hold of me as I'll get an email notification and should reply within a day or so*

#78 Uruk King

Uruk King

Lore-abiding citizen

• Project Team
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 07:15 AM

Ok I've tried to read through as many of the previous posts as possible and I want to address the balance issues as much as I can.

First off, I have personally beat the hard AI with every faction, several times in 'unbeatable' scenarios, so in that sense it is doable/balanced. Second, the caliber of the player will be a huge deciding factor. I would argue that with proper strategies and just a bit of luck here and there any faction can beat another. For instance, Ring soundly beat me as Rohan when I was Isengard. It was very close for most of the game and I had a few missed chances where I could have beat him, but ultimately he pulled out and owned me.

Also keep in mind that each faction has it's unique strategies and 'personalities'. For example, Mordor and Isengard are strongest in the early to mid game. Thus for them to win they must attack quickly and kill their enemies as soon as possible. Rohan, and especially Gondor, take time to build up but in the mid to late game they are very strong and hard to beat as the evil factions.

Ultimately I would suggest you give it more time and play against some of the good players around here like Ring online and see if they don't shatter the balance issues you think there are. I know they did mine. And yes, the mod might not be perfectly balanced, but name a game or mod that is. I've done as much as I can to make it fun and as balanced as possible.

-Gto

All right, thanks for the Feedback, GtO. I don't deny that the factions all have potential for success, but I just find Rohan harder than usual the peasant spamming strategies aren't what they used to be (their health has been halved from 80 to 40), and the Uruk-hai health has been upped a bit, making battles against Isengard slightly harder.

Posted Image

#79 Spartan184

Spartan184

• Project Team
  • 1,592 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 04:03 PM

Nvm i was wrong about mordor being op in beginning :xd:

safsignature.png

#80 KrakenFromBlackSea

KrakenFromBlackSea
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 04:09 PM

:xd: Spartan184

As already sayed GTO, it depends on player and his tactics. Balance is GOOD! :p

Edited by KrakenFromBlackSea, 23 August 2009 - 04:12 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users