For Soviet people!

• Hosted
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 06:45 PM

Just things like:

ALL01: Eagle Patrol
SOV05: A New Century
YUR99: Psycho Rock :good:

And by the way, via savegames, you could implement (whatever the word is) secret missions too, like, you have a savegame with mission 1, and another savegame with mission 2, etcetera. So, if one wants to play the campaign in normal order, you woudl go from 1 to 2 to 3 etcetera. Then, you come at the final mission, say 20. Once 20 is completed, you jump to a harder version of mission 1, once that is completed to a harder version of mission 2, via the time warp logic seen in the first Yuri's Revenge missions. Or you could design secret levels at the end of each mission, whatever.
Please, if you see a mistake in my posts - spelling, grammar, punctuation, or whatever else - point it out. How can one learn from mistakes, if one is not corrected?
There is no wealth like knowledge, no poverty like ignorance.

#23 SMxReaver

SMxReaver

Pro Gamer in Training

• C&C Guild Staff
  • 399 posts
  • Projects:None ATM
  •  StarCraft 2
  • Division:C&C Guild
  • Job:Division Staff

Posted 19 August 2009 - 07:51 PM

Save game names aren't hardcoded in the sense of they must be named blahblahblah. The game saves them as something, but Speeder could rename.

Also; nice Speeder. :good:

#24 need my speed

need my speed

For Soviet people!

• Hosted
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 08:04 PM

I know, but who would call his skirmish save YUR99: Psycho Rock? :good:
Please, if you see a mistake in my posts - spelling, grammar, punctuation, or whatever else - point it out. How can one learn from mistakes, if one is not corrected?

#25 Black/Brunez

Black/Brunez

Title? What title?

• Project Team
  • 1,262 posts
  •  Mentalmeister - Random Annoying Guy

Posted 20 August 2009 - 01:13 AM

Side: Allies
Tactic: Navy Power- Ships statistics +15%, cost -20%
Veteran units: Destroyer, G.I., I.F.V
Special unit: Reptile APC: An amphibious transport that carries 5-10 infantry. Armed with a light machine gun and attack enemy chips with torpedoes! Medium armor and have a robotic driver (can´t to be mind controlled) /or Blizzard tank

P.S.: give Grizzly tank to Germany because the destroyer is now a Japan veteran unit.

Side: Allies
Tactic: Ambush ( U.S.A. tactic) or Adaptive: All units speed+10%, Line of Sight +18%
Veteran units: Sniper, BattleFortress, Dolphin
Special unit: The Blizzard tank /or a kind of rocket artillery with incendiary ammo.

Edited by Brunez, 20 August 2009 - 01:19 AM.

#26 Speeder

Speeder

#ControlMOre

• Hosted
  • 8,998 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega
  •  Mental Omega Creator

Posted 20 August 2009 - 09:22 AM

Why do you want to give Blizzard Tank to every Allied country? :good:

mainbanner.jpg
bt_left.pngbt_fb.pngbt_yt.pngbt_tw.pngbt_md.pngbt_right.png
115776.png

#27 Hecthor Doomhammer

Hecthor Doomhammer

Live Streamer

• Project Team
  • 1,282 posts
  • Projects:Livestreams
  •  C&C mods Livestreamer

Posted 20 August 2009 - 06:17 PM

Blizzard Tanks are cool, that's why.

Streamer of Rise of the Reds, Mental Omega and other mods

xqbQD6S.jpg

#28 SMxReaver

SMxReaver

Pro Gamer in Training

• C&C Guild Staff
  • 399 posts
  •  StarCraft 2

Posted 20 August 2009 - 07:51 PM

The idea is a great one, but Blizzard Tanks can lag the game a bit IIRC. Unless Speeder changed the weapon since last time I played.

#29 Speeder

Speeder

#ControlMOre

• Hosted
  • 8,998 posts
  •  Mental Omega Creator

Posted 20 August 2009 - 08:17 PM

Less particles, yea..

mainbanner.jpg
115776.png

#30 Darkstorm

Darkstorm

Mod Enjoyer

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 08:22 PM

Allied

Name: Vietnam (strange I know)

History: With the war with the soviet union, France could not afford a war with Vietnam and granted their independence under the circumstance that they join the Allies. The Saigon Treaty was signed and Vietnam entered the war on the side of the Allies.

Allegiance: Allied

Country Unit: Viper Ranger - Using venom similar to Virus the Viper Ranger has SEAL training combined with the venom to counter Yuri's Virus agents.

Country Special: Pathfinders - +2% Infantry Sight and +3% Infantry Speed - Vietnamese troops are adept at hit and run as well as finding their way through jungles.

Soviet

Name: S.E.E.D. (Just a small acronym I came up with, it could be under a different name)

History: With the creation of NATO under Allied guidance, the Soviet union decided to strengthen their unity and homeland defense. The Warsaw Pact was signed and then the Soviet Forward Defense Treaty. This treaty created the Soviet Eastern European Defense, or SEED. SEED is made of Poland, the leader, Romania, Finland, Czechoslovakia, Yugoslavia, and Bulgaria.

Allegiance: Soviet

Country Unit: PM-67 "Thunder" Tesla Tank aka "Thunder Tank" - In responce to Germany's Tank Destroyer, SEED developed a Tesla Type Tank that uses a tesla cannon. The shells discharge electricity in the air while flying (like having a smaller version tesla trooper's WH Anim as a trailer). On impact they explode in a electric blast like the Kirov's Tesla Bombs, and energize the area (like a new version of Radiation just blue and electricutes infantry, this is just a bonus). (Maybe downgrade the damage or something, but I like the unit itself)

Country Special: Tesla Engines - +5% Tank Speed

Epsilon

Name: Shadow Group

Division History: Based in Mongolia, this division was set up to harass and prevent a Soviet-China Alliance, named for their sneaky tactics they stealthily move through the Steepes destroying Soviet or Chinese outposts and blaming it on the other country. Though thorogh in leaving evidence they didn't move stealthily enough and were detected by a Chinese listening post, once unvailed it strengthening the Soviet-Chinese bond. While their original tactic failed they are still in the Steepes, destroying Soviet and Chinese forces at every turn.

Allegiance: Epsilon

Country Unit: Eclipse Quad - A fast moving drone based on obsolete Choas Quad designs, the Eclipse Quad is armed with a light railgun and sensors. The Shadow Group use it to move through the Mongolian Steepes at high speeds and harass their enemies.

Country Special: Prefab. Buildings - -5% Building Build Time

Edited by Darkstorm, 21 August 2009 - 01:14 AM.

#31 SMxReaver

SMxReaver

Pro Gamer in Training

• C&C Guild Staff
  • 399 posts
  •  StarCraft 2

Posted 20 August 2009 - 08:32 PM

You could use the SHP particle hack? It'd reduce lag.

#32 Speeder

Speeder

#ControlMOre

• Hosted
  • 8,998 posts
  •  Mental Omega Creator

Posted 20 August 2009 - 08:57 PM

@Darkstorm: I like your ideas. Especially the storyline part.

mainbanner.jpg
115776.png

#33 Darkstorm

Darkstorm

Mod Enjoyer

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 09:03 PM

Yeah, I like making links to the main storyline via international events. I just edited my post changing the Soviet Eastern European Defense Pact to the Soviet Forward Defense Treaty, since it means a little more and every treaty isn't named after what it creates like GDI and the Global Defense Act that created it.

#34 need my speed

need my speed

For Soviet people!

• Hosted
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 09:07 PM

I do that too, all the time!

Speeder, do you plan to add / remove / change / replace countries or something? If so, why? Now I've got to go to bed. :blink:

#35 Speeder

Speeder

#ControlMOre

• Hosted
  • 8,998 posts
  •  Mental Omega Creator

Posted 20 August 2009 - 09:10 PM

I've replaced Libya and.. what was it.. Iraq? With China and North Korea, because those two are crucial for the storyline.

I'll readd countries from 2.0psi (at least few) when Ares is released with add-country feature. Darkstorm inspires me to do more, especially Epsilon factions with unique backstories.

mainbanner.jpg
115776.png

#36 Darkstorm

Darkstorm

Mod Enjoyer

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 09:18 PM

I never got why WW added in those two redundant countries, Lybia and Iraq have almost nothing to do with the original storyline and in MO Lybia is only involved in the second Soviet mission. On a last note I'm glad to help anyone think outside the box, also the Confederation should include Venezula, maybe Haiti or Dominican Republic (the other being on the Allies side in the story), and possibly a few of the other Central American countries. The reason I point at Haiti or Dominican Republic is because this war, besides Yuri, is also a war of ideals. Countries will be split in their opinions, causing a few smaller wars like in the cold war.

Edited by Darkstorm, 20 August 2009 - 09:20 PM.

#37 Speeder

Speeder

#ControlMOre

• Hosted
  • 8,998 posts
  •  Mental Omega Creator

Posted 20 August 2009 - 09:23 PM

Well, their special units were sold to all Soviet countries so they are of no use. Lybia was removed through the storyline, Iraq was removed due to lack of space. It's funny that country units are featured in Yuri's Revenge missions only.

Latin Confederation should have bigger backstory I guess. Mexico and Cuba were mentioned during the first briefing into Red Alert 2 after all. And were fundamental in Romanov's invasion plans.

Bah, I'm going to sleep. We will talk tommorow. And there's a lot to talk about. :blink:

mainbanner.jpg
115776.png

#38 Garrick

Garrick
  • Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 11:34 AM

Allied

Name: Vietnam (strange I know)

History: With the war with the soviet union, France could not afford a war with Vietnam and granted their independence under the circumstance that they join the Allies. The Saigon Treaty was signed and Vietnam entered the war on the side of the Allies.

Epsilon

Name: Shadow Group

Division History: Based in Mongolia, this division was set up to harass and prevent a Soviet-China Alliance, named for their sneaky tactics they stealthily move through the Steepes destroying Soviet or Chinese outposts and blaming it on the other country. Though thorogh in leaving evidence they didn't move stealthily enough and were detected by a Chinese listening post, once unvailed it strengthening the Soviet-Chinese bond. While their original tactic failed they are still in the Steepes, destroying Soviet and Chinese forces at every turn.

The indochinese people didn't get along nicely with the Japanese, when they invaded. Maybe if Japan is added to the game, a Shadow Group mission would be to stir up tensions between Japanese, South Koreans and Vietnamese troops to throw the Asian part of the Allies against itself, as both South Korea and Vietnam don't exacly have a nice "disposition" towards the Japanese.

Edited by Garrick, 21 August 2009 - 11:36 AM.

#39 Darkstorm

Darkstorm

Mod Enjoyer

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 05:02 PM

Good point there, I do think Japan should be added since they were originally in RA2 but were added as South Korea instead.

About 3.0 I think that instead of giving all the teams radars give them all Airforce command type radars, it would help encourage the use of aircraft earlier in the game.

A point at Speeder, try to give the countries you put in a good peice of the story, like how cuba was kind of negected in the campaign and have a story surrounding them like I put for mine, not that any of the other suggestions are bad, but should have some purpose for fighting in this war, not just because "they're communist". Like I pointed out when suggesting Haiti or the Dominican Republic, it is also a war of ideals but should have a close Soviet influence or Allied influence or some personal reason. Also note that where there is a Soviet theater of operations there will be a Allied like in WWII, aka if Iraq was still in the war then Israel or Saudi Arabia would be Allied; no fighting force in its right mind would let their enemy go unchallenged in a theater of operations. I'm just saying to try to take story-based or realistic means into account, Cuba was fine since it was used in RA2 and China, Greece, and North Korea were used in the MO Campaign.

Btw Ares right now can support up to 32 countries including the original 10 countries I think.

And one last question for my overly-editted post:

Once Ares comes out it will support customizable insignias, I came up with these:

Posted Image

They are pretty good, I was thinking you could use them for the heros.

Edited by Darkstorm, 21 August 2009 - 05:39 PM.

#40 Speeder

Speeder

#ControlMOre

• Hosted
  • 8,998 posts
  •  Mental Omega Creator

Posted 21 August 2009 - 05:56 PM

Those are unit specific, aren't they?

mainbanner.jpg
115776.png