Pre-release Suggestions Thread

• Please log in to reply
758 replies to this topic

#721 Zenothist

Zenothist

Former Mentalmeister

• Project Team
  • 1,727 posts
  •  Each post handcrafted for the discerning reader.

Posted 13 February 2012 - 03:39 PM

Maybe as campaign only units perhaps, but they are definitely removed from skirmish.

#722 DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr

title available

• Banned
  • 589 posts
  •  Mr. Socialite!

Posted 23 February 2012 - 06:44 PM

You know what'd be a cool idea? If Tesla Troopers where immune to radiation, so you could use them in conjunction with Desolators! You could actually use the deploy attack without killing your own troops. Also, if the warhead for the normal desolator attack was changed from radiation to something else then that attack could still kill other shock troopers or desolators.

Edited by DoMoNiC_HuNtEr, 23 February 2012 - 09:08 PM.

#723 Zenothist

Zenothist

Former Mentalmeister

• Project Team
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 09:52 AM

Well, I doubt we'll be doing that. :p

We've made powering up Coils a bit more attractive now, but unfortunately, TT's will still acquire a target first instead of charging the coil.

#724 DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr

title available

• Banned
  • 589 posts
  •  Mr. Socialite!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 08:22 PM

aww... but oooo! Tesla tanks can charge up too? I've seen that in mod somewhere before. Coolio.

#725 Aasgier

Aasgier

title available

• Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 10:18 AM

About the easy AI: Sometimes it builds only one or two Pillboxes/sentry guns throughout their entire base as their only base defense aside for a crapload of infantry. I think it should build a bit more defenses - even if only more T1 defenses and one or two AA defeneses - to prevent a single Kirov from bombing 7 Easy AI's into hell.

#726 Plokite_Wolf

Plokite_Wolf

File hoarder

• Members
  • 2,294 posts
  •  Parce mihi, Domine, quia Dalmata sum.

Posted 01 March 2012 - 01:42 PM

Easy AI should be easy. It shouldn't have two elite Kirovs spamming Tesla bombs in the first five minutes :p

Administrator of CNCNZ.com and EVA Database, the C&C Wiki

You are also welcome to make use of my archives of official files:

C&C File Archive | BFME File Archive | Dune File Archive

#727 Aasgier

Aasgier

title available

• Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 03:05 PM

Pfff, currently even the Expert AI's are easy if the map has a sufficient amount of money. That is, if you're Allied.

However, what is true is that sometimes the early attacks are too powerful - but the later attacks are WAY too easy and could easily be tougher.

Is there a way to code that the AI's attacks will become (much) stronger over time?

Edited by Aasgier, 01 March 2012 - 03:07 PM.

#728 BlackWinter

BlackWinter

Beta Tester

• Members
  • 278 posts
  •  Returning Tester.

Posted 06 March 2012 - 05:39 AM

The question on the main site, "how easy should easy be?" got me thinking about game modes. I got together with my friend CDMTX and we both agree that their should be a siege mode available. CPU vs. HUMAN, a game mode where the computer makes a very heavily fortified base outfitted with most every unit at their disposal.

I dont know what this game type would be called, maybe just simply Siege Mode. A few years back I found myself doing this type of testing on CPU's when looking for bugs and design indiscrepencies. I would usually make a game with me vs some CPU's and wait to get things rolling late game before attacking. (it was fun)

In Siege Mode, the computer will not attack, but simply base walk a little bit as thier base becomes enormous.

So, how about it speed? want to make all of our dreams come true and make a Siege Mode?

#729 fff

fff
  • Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 01:36 AM

It would be cool if the American air drop reinforcements from Airborne Control also included a third reinforcement ability -
"spec ops/special forces" which drop 2-4 navy seals alongside the others "Airborne and Bloodhounds" or is that too much? :evgr: lol anyway neverhless i'm loving the 3.0 changes so far :thumbsupcool:

#730 Speeder

Speeder

#ControlMOre

• Hosted
  • 8,998 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega
  •  Mental Omega Creator

Posted 23 March 2012 - 12:12 PM

Yer, I think dropping C4 infantry with paradrop is too much.

mainbanner.jpg
bt_left.pngbt_fb.pngbt_yt.pngbt_tw.pngbt_md.pngbt_right.png
115776.png

#731 Zenothist

Zenothist

Former Mentalmeister

• Project Team
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 02:42 PM

It isn't. That's why we removed stealth as a promotion boon in 3.0.

Edited by Zenothist, 24 March 2012 - 02:42 PM.

#732 syn

syn
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 01:23 PM

on the map, unbearable, which is a large section of land at the bottom, a large expansion continent rich with oil fields in the north west, and a single lone island in the north east, the russian sides and possibly yuri as well are at a extreme disadvantage...since the entire southern section is cliffed off, and since amphips are built at factories, not docks, though i dunno if that matters anyway, due to cliffs, but since its cliffed off, no unit can make it to the other two land areas unless it flies, and russia and yuri have no aerial transports...so, since this seems like a glaring disadvantage, as a allied player could easily conquer those two sections with a mcv and engineers flown in, but the russians and yuri cannot do a thing...i suggest one or two flying transports for the russians...maybe a HIND helicopter, or a kirov transport, or both, with the kirov transporting heavies like tanks, and the HIND for infantry only...with something similar for yuri's side...possibly a dropship like vehicle, or maybe oribital drops...

also, since the russians have the centurion, what about a mech or mobile suit esque weapon for the allies side? not as strong of course, but maybe a build limit of two...

Edited by syn, 24 August 2012 - 01:24 PM.

#733 lovalmidas

lovalmidas

Yunru Kanegawa. Go figure. Go mental.

• Project Team
  • 1,192 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega Almost Perfect Yunru's Revenge Version 3.0
  •  Why am I not in the Centurion?

Posted 24 August 2012 - 01:45 PM

on the map, unbearable, which is a large section of land at the bottom, a large expansion continent rich with oil fields in the north west, and a single lone island in the north east, the russian sides and possibly yuri as well are at a extreme disadvantage...since the entire southern section is cliffed off, and since amphips are built at factories, not docks, though i dunno if that matters anyway, due to cliffs, but since its cliffed off, no unit can make it to the other two land areas unless it flies, and russia and yuri have no aerial transports...so, since this seems like a glaring disadvantage, as a allied player could easily conquer those two sections with a mcv and engineers flown in, but the russians and yuri cannot do a thing...

I suppose that listing the map name or providing a copy of the map will help a lot, although AFAIK I doubt that any map that matches your description (especially with an entire section "cliffed off") will make it to version 3.0, so it should not be a problem in the future.

Edited by lovalmidas, 24 August 2012 - 02:07 PM.

30m70ag.png

Mental Omega on the web:
fbbutton.png ytbutton.png mdbutton.png dsbutton.png
IRC: #menthosogma (Rizon)

#734 Graion Dilach

Graion Dilach

Supérior Caliburwielder

• Project Team
  • 2,187 posts
  • Projects:Infinty Engine modding, OpenHV, Attacque Supérior (sometimes)
  •  That guy you keep hearing the stories about.

Posted 24 August 2012 - 02:28 PM

Russians does NOT have the Centurion.
kuuHd4s.png6pDXsCS.png
n0J1wqE.pngIX8pBXZ.png

AS Discord server: https://discord.gg/7aM7Hm2

ComradeCrimson: AS is the product of Hungarian acid
ComradeCrimson: And magical hussars
Dutchygamer: and Weird Al.

#735 syn

syn
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 05:24 AM

the game was on tech, and i was playing as north korea, so every unit from every country of your faction is available, so i dunno who has the centurian, and as i stated, the map is called UNBEARABLE, and its a 2-6 player map, artic. as for not being included, it seems to actually be a great map, just that the russians were a little crippled on it...a beach, or aerial transport for heavies and lights would be great for them...someone mentioned something called the borillo, but i dunno what that is...

#736 syn

syn
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 08:47 AM

oh...heres an idea/suggestion i had...what about additional superweapons for each power/faction, that can be chosen during the game...instead of the allies always having to make the weather machine, either have that as the american or german superweapon, with the other sides having different ones, or, have each available during the game, but only one can be built at a time, forcing you to choose your superweapon until its either sold or destroyed...allies could have icbms, or irbms, their own version of the russian nuke, since they have them at the very beginning of red alert 2, with the north koreans maybe having a super version of the hammer, the earthquake generator, and maybe a tsunami machine, no reference to japan or haiti, but they are famous sci fi weapons...and maybe a satellite drop like gundam or red alert 3...a kinetic strike or some sort of high powered floating fortress or helicopter wave might also be interesting. maybe even a metal gear or mobile suit like weapon for japan...

#737 Jargalhurts

Jargalhurts

Mental Face

• Project Team
  • 328 posts
  • Projects:Nothing worth showing off.
  •  Actually Yngwie of House Malmsteen.

Posted 25 August 2012 - 09:21 AM

oh...heres an idea/suggestion i had...what about additional superweapons for each power/faction, that can be chosen during the game...instead of the allies always having to make the weather machine, either have that as the american or german superweapon, with the other sides having different ones, or, have each available during the game, but only one can be built at a time, forcing you to choose your superweapon until its either sold or destroyed...allies could have icbms, or irbms, their own version of the russian nuke, since they have them at the very beginning of red alert 2, with the north koreans maybe having a super version of the hammer, the earthquake generator, and maybe a tsunami machine, no reference to japan or haiti, but they are famous sci fi weapons...and maybe a satellite drop like gundam or red alert 3...a kinetic strike or some sort of high powered floating fortress or helicopter wave might also be interesting. maybe even a metal gear or mobile suit like weapon for japan...

Meh. One SW is enough. That would just be a waste of a good building/vehicle model. However, I was wondering if Weather Control Device could create a different weather based on the subfactions.

European Alliance having a giant Tornado, Pacific Front having a blizzard. etc.

And do not double post. There is a reason Revora has an Edit button.

Edited by Jargalhurts, 25 August 2012 - 09:21 AM.

Actually Yngwie of Haus Malmsteen, feefty eenches of pure Svwedish beef.

#738 mevitar

mevitar

REEEEEEEEEEEEE

• Hosted
  • 1,971 posts
  • Projects:Doom Desire
  •  (◉ _ ◉)

Posted 25 August 2012 - 10:20 AM

Factions already have their specific support SWs (especially USA...). And i think adding a specific 5k$ SW for each faction might be too much balance wise, and we don't have the assets to give them either (unless they would be simply variations of existing stuff, but that idea was scrapped some time ago).
ded signature

(◉ ᗝ ◉)

#739 RP.

RP.

Mentalmeister

• Project Team
  • 447 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega 3.0
  •  Mental Omega Mission Coder

Posted 25 August 2012 - 06:10 PM

You can only add 2 SuperWeapons on a structure, so you can only create 2 faction specific SW's.
Ares allows SW.RequiresHouse=

Posted Image

FinalOmega: APYR 3.0 Map Editor ™

Mental Omega mission coder

#740 lovalmidas

lovalmidas

Yunru Kanegawa. Go figure. Go mental.

• Project Team
  • 1,192 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega Almost Perfect Yunru's Revenge Version 3.0
  •  Why am I not in the Centurion?

Posted 25 August 2012 - 06:12 PM

the game was on tech, and i was playing as north korea, so every unit from every country of your faction is available, so i dunno who has the centurian, and as i stated, the map is called UNBEARABLE, and its a 2-6 player map, artic. as for not being included, it seems to actually be a great map, just that the russians were a little crippled on it...a beach, or aerial transport for heavies and lights would be great for them...someone mentioned something called the borillo, but i dunno what that is...

Well, in 2.0, all Soviet factions have the Centurion. In 3.0, this will be different.

My apologies for not seeing the word 'unbearable'; I honestly thought it meant you found it unbearable. :S

Well, I agree that the map is pretty good (one of my favorite missions happened on this map). It probably has be to tweaked though to allow all factions to reach everywhere.

The borillo is the Soviet transport. It is amphibious, although it still fails to traverse through cliffs.

30m70ag.png

Mental Omega on the web:
fbbutton.png ytbutton.png mdbutton.png dsbutton.png
IRC: #menthosogma (Rizon)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users