• Please log in to reply
242 replies to this topic

#181 njm1983

njm1983

title available

• Project Team
  • 2,867 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 05:45 AM

Looking great. Love the forge, reminds of the the end of return of the king where frodo and gollum struggle for the ring.

#182 Ridder Blauw

Ridder Blauw

title available

• Project Team
  • 1,277 posts
  •  Do not force yourself into modding it's bad for your health.

Posted 16 February 2012 - 07:34 PM

Is Sauron's Forge in Mount Doom? :xcahik_:

Looks alot like it in the movies. :)

Also, ring was probably forged at Sauron's Forge so it should be in Mount Doom.

I'm confused. :blinky:

Edited by Ridder Blauw, 16 February 2012 - 07:35 PM.

#183 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

LEGO Knight of Minas Ithil

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  • Projects:Mapping this Middle-earth
  •  Mapper
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Staff

Posted 20 March 2012 - 08:17 AM

Sauron's Forge is part of Mount Doom, there are tunnels and chambers, known as the Cracks of Doom, but in the movie only one of them is shown, and the rock that jutted out to the heart of Mount Doom, this is where Sauron forged the Ring of Power, and where it was later destroyed.

Current News:

MtL has gone to college (Primary School Teaching, although I will be trying Graphic Design), so he will not have as much time to do mapping anymore.
But during this year he will finish and polish off to a better extent:
Barad-dur (balancing, and testing)
City of the Dead (extending, players did not have enough space)
Minas Morgul (not fit for SEE, buggy as hell, yet pure Tower of Dark Sorcery)
Sauron’s Forge (Tiny map, lots of lava, need a moving lava ocean/object/plane, lava river is only good for lighting)
And my other list of re-worked maps (scaled and new stuff): Barrow-downs, Coldfells, Fangorn (Treebeard’s house), Eyries of the Eagles (campaign map), Forochel, Gundabad Mountains, Gundabad II, Iron Hills, Old Forest, Paths of the Dead.

A few questions for Nazgûl and NJM:
Can I make a preview of the Barad-dur map, just to show that this impossible map is actually workable, it would cut up only 200x200 and only feature a mock up the Last Alliance’s siege of the place. Of the map it would only feature the bridge over lava, the iconic lava-fall and one of the triangular parts of the main wall.

Remember that all worlds draw to an end and that noble death is a treasure which no one is too poor to buy. - C.S. Lewis

There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning. - Louis L'Amour

What will matter then will be people. If relationships will matter most then, shouldn't they matter most now? - Max Lucado

#184 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  •  Mapper

Posted 19 April 2012 - 11:04 AM

Here is a showcase of all the SEE maps I have worked on. (I am testing the app, and I will be using it for an assignment!)

http://prezi.com/giq...ee-maps-by-mtl/

Remember that all worlds draw to an end and that noble death is a treasure which no one is too poor to buy. - C.S. Lewis

There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning. - Louis L'Amour

What will matter then will be people. If relationships will matter most then, shouldn't they matter most now? - Max Lucado

#185 Bofur

Bofur

The Bolicious One

• Hosted
  • 1,766 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Firstborn
  •  The Bolicious T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 19 April 2012 - 04:56 PM

They look great

left64_by_obsidianlake-d5ruayp.pngAotF.pngright64_by_obsidianlake-d5ruf44.png

#186 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  •  Mapper

Posted 19 April 2012 - 11:34 PM

Thanks Bofur!

#187 Ridder Blauw

Ridder Blauw

title available

• Project Team
  • 1,277 posts
  •  Do not force yourself into modding it's bad for your health.

Posted 20 April 2012 - 11:33 AM

Look very nice, it's a pitty they won't be releasing anytime soon.

#188 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  •  Mapper

Posted 20 April 2012 - 01:01 PM

Well, I still am making Minas Morgul, and the Moria Map Pack. Also I have a Nargothrond in Quenta?/FBtG?, and of course Red Forest in LW. Which might come out sooner than the Special Extended Edition, but we'll see. I have another map pack which I plan to show later...

#189 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  •  Mapper

Posted 20 May 2012 - 06:10 AM

I am considering on releasing the expansion map of Ettenmoor Fortress and the Barad-dur Preview. If nobody disagrees within a fortnight then I will once I have finished up my organising of my SEE stuff. Those two maps are not for other mods to have, Ettenmoor Fortress is an alternate map of Coldfells, which is for SEE, and the Barad-dur Preview is just a taster.

Also, for those who like screen-shots, here are two. One from Westmarch (a converted RotWK map) and the finishing up of Sauron's Forge.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#190 Bofur

Bofur

The Bolicious One

• Hosted
  • 1,766 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 10:54 AM

Nice detail on westmarch, but would hobbit holes have just dirt/brown grass on their rooves?
I'd have thought it'd be green, but it's your map...

#191 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  •  Mapper

Posted 20 May 2012 - 12:45 PM

The map is set outside the borders of the Four Farthings, so I though it appropriate. But I am tending to have the the hobbit hole more like the normal style.

#192 njm1983

njm1983

title available

• Project Team
  • 2,867 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 02:49 PM

Both maps look very nice, as usual.

As far as a release of maps.... id say go ahead. If youve finished it release it or whatever youd like. Its doubtful SEE will get moving again and well itll be nice if the maps weve made see the light of day.

#193 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  •  Mapper

Posted 21 May 2012 - 02:41 AM

HUZZA! Awesome! I'll start with the teasers. Once I have cleaned up what I have I will post them directly to the Staff.

#194 Chocolate Star

Chocolate Star

Count

• Project Team
  • 431 posts
  • Projects:BFME II: Passion & From Book 2 Game

Posted 21 May 2012 - 03:31 AM

Wow Barad-Dur looks great.

#195 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  •  Mapper

Posted 21 May 2012 - 08:56 AM

To avoid confusion here are some images of Barad-dur. Yes it is dark.
Posted Image
Posted Image
And below is the map called Sauron's Forge. It is dark now as well, but it has a strange lighting brilliance.
Posted Image
And here is a link to the preview I made of Barad-dur. It is on my Skydrive.
Take command of the Last Alliance as they siege the Mountain of Adamant! I don't think anybody can seriously win this map. ;p

Edited by MattTheLegoman, 21 May 2012 - 11:49 AM.

#196 Bofur

Bofur

The Bolicious One

• Hosted
  • 1,766 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 04:01 PM

It's unfair to make an unwinable map!
Balance it!
Anyway ill try to have a go later...

#197 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  •  Mapper

Posted 21 May 2012 - 10:06 PM

Who says so! Na na na nah! ;p
Its just a preview...

#198 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  •  Mapper

Posted 12 September 2012 - 12:36 PM

Yes, I am still mapping for the Special Extended Edition. ;p Or at least it's inspired by the mod. Just look at size of it and all those bones!
I am starting over with City of the Dead. And I will be expanding from EA's Paths of the Dead. Original map shipped with BfMEII, I have resized it out and will be adding locations on the sides of the maps, as you can see here you might be able to get the 3 Hunters up and next to the City of the Dead citadel and summon those who do not die.

This also happens to be the map I want to texture with the Egyptian textures from Command and Conquer 3. I want to make it look much like the Middle-eastern, ancient cliff-carved Petra. Radspakr got the textures to work in BfMEI but I still cannot get it to work in BfMEII.

Posted Image
WIP and proof of concept.

P.S. Also I am on Tumblr- where I occasionally post some of my design process. And if anybody thinks that they can do a better map - do not hesitate to tell me to give you all my reference images.

P.P.S. I forgot to tell you last night that this map will be downloadable when I finish it - but I still have a lot of it to complete.

Edited by MattTheLegoman, 12 September 2012 - 11:24 PM.

#199 Guest_eduardo_*

Guest_eduardo_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 October 2012 - 07:44 PM

A question about the Minas Morgul map. how I can open the door of Minas Morgul?. The repair button and open gate button are inactive.
Thanks!!

#200 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  •  Mapper

Posted 21 October 2012 - 09:13 PM

Ummm, so it is probably one of the maps that I didn't finish. Go into Worldbuilder and change the owner of the gate to Player 1.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users