• This topic is locked This topic is locked
776 replies to this topic

#41 Aasgier

Aasgier

title available

• Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 08:19 PM

They should be removed, because they are even more broken than Snipers. They are better than Chrono Legionnaires, so well ^^.. The only real counter to them are Sniper units inside open-topped vehicles / IFV's, Terror Drones, and airpower.

#42 Black/Brunez

Black/Brunez

Title? What title?

• Project Team
  • 1,262 posts
  •  Mentalmeister - Random Annoying Guy

Posted 03 August 2011 - 09:16 PM

Believe on me. They were really nerfed. Also there are much more counters aganist it, including small groups of Main Battle Tanks and T3 units. Even a small group of Initiates can deal with a single one.

Don´t say things like "I never watched Incepticon becoz I hate it" How can you say that you never liked if you didn´t even watched it? Same for it: How can you say that it´s broken if you didn´t saw how they are going on the new version?

Anyway, this is not the point for now and keep suggesting units. tongue.gif

Edited by Black/Brunez, 18 February 2013 - 09:13 PM.

#43 DesertRose

DesertRose
  • Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 11:50 PM

They should be removed, because they are even more broken than Snipers. They are better than Chrono Legionnaires, so well ^^.. The only real counter to them are Sniper units inside open-topped vehicles / IFV's, Terror Drones, and airpower.

We don't know the stats of them in MO3, maybe they are now semi-heroes like SEALs and cost 1500$...
The thing I hated them for was the deployment plus attack ground bug with which you could contaminate an area for hours; I haven't tested it when I played MO2, was that bug fixed?

#44 generalcamo

generalcamo
  • Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 02:19 AM

EA:

With focus on high mobility and high technology, having many countries allied with them (Einstein's homeland germany, master of chrono technology france), a new tank was born. The chrono prison MK II (placeholder name) is an improvement over the original. It requires less of a cooldown time, as greece is a master of cooling technology. It also seems to have a longer range then most other chrono prisons. However, it is slightly more expensive then the original.

In addition, the chronosphere has been stabilized enough so that it can transport infantry without any bad consequences. It also chronos at a faster time. However, it seems to have a tendency to rip the space time continuum, and this rarely causes a wormhole to appear, eating everything it passes though. It disables radar, but does not last long.

#45 bu7loos

bu7loos
  • Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 03:45 AM

Suggestion For The Epsilone Headquarters : A new Light AA/AG Support VTOL Aircraft (Epsilone StarFlare Partner) : The BlightBat Or StarBat Or StarScreen:
-Primary : Uses PSI Phantom Lasers Vs Aircrafts , Infantry.
-Secondary : Uses an EMP Torpedo Vs Units (Tanks).
-Faster Than the StarFlare By 2 points.
-Less Hit Points Than The StarFlare (25-50).
-Increase The line of sight by 2 point.
-Invisible On Enemy Radar.

Attached Thumbnails

• SCRN0008.PNG

#46 Speeder

Speeder

#ControlMOre

• Hosted
  • 8,998 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega
  •  Mental Omega Creator

Posted 04 August 2011 - 08:49 AM

The thing I hated them for was the deployment plus attack ground bug with which you could contaminate an area for hours; I haven't tested it when I played MO2, was that bug fixed?

That was a NPatch bug and since we're not using it anymore, the bug won't appear in 3.0.

mainbanner.jpg
bt_left.pngbt_fb.pngbt_yt.pngbt_tw.pngbt_md.pngbt_right.png
115776.png

#47 Zenothist

Zenothist

Former Mentalmeister

• Project Team
  • 1,727 posts
  •  Each post handcrafted for the discerning reader.

Posted 04 August 2011 - 09:05 AM

The Chrono Prison is now a part of the European Alliance, but we've given it a cooler name. :p

Oh, and we're not gonna give countries 'the same unit but buffed' if that was what you're thinking. ;)

#48 Jargalhurts

Jargalhurts

Mental Face

• Project Team
  • 328 posts
  • Projects:Nothing worth showing off.
  •  Actually Yngwie of House Malmsteen.

Posted 04 August 2011 - 09:51 AM

Can we suggest stolen tech units?

Actually Yngwie of Haus Malmsteen, feefty eenches of pure Svwedish beef.

#49 Speeder

Speeder

#ControlMOre

• Hosted
  • 8,998 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega
  •  Mental Omega Creator

Posted 04 August 2011 - 10:02 AM

Sure.

mainbanner.jpg
bt_left.pngbt_fb.pngbt_yt.pngbt_tw.pngbt_md.pngbt_right.png
115776.png

#50 Jargalhurts

Jargalhurts

Mental Face

• Project Team
  • 328 posts
  • Projects:Nothing worth showing off.
  •  Actually Yngwie of House Malmsteen.

Posted 04 August 2011 - 10:26 AM

Allied Stolen Tech Infantry:

Nuclear Commando
Cost: 2000$
Prerequisite: Allied Tech Center, Infiltrate Soviet Battle Lab
Weapon: M4A1 Assault Rifle, PortaNukes
Armor: Plate
Speed: Same as SEALs
Purpose: Anti-Infantry, Sabotage

The Allied Commando project is extremely versatile. It can be combined with pretty much any technology and nuclear technology is no difference. By studying the Soviet Rad-Cannon Technology, the Allies developed small-scale explosives that can generate fallouts similar to the ones created by Desolators. The Nuclear Commando is armed with the same rifle used by SEALs, but his C4 is replaced by the nuclear explosives mentioned above. Codenamed PortaNukes, these malevolent explosives can destroy buildings and infantries near it with atomic power! The radiation can also harm tanks, but it doesn't mean the Nuclear Commandos can actually destroy them, it just leaves some scratches. The Nuclear Commando himself is armored with radiation-proof armor in order to survive his own explosives. The rad-proof armor can well defend the Commando against Desolators and Radiation. Also remember that the Nuclear Trooper can also Nuke the waters (if you understand what it means).

Epsilon Stolen Tech Infantry:

Mutasolator
Cost: 2000$
Prerequisite: Epsilon Research Lab, Infiltrate Soviet Battle Lab
Weapon: Mutarad Cannon
Purpose: Mutation, Radiation

The Epsilon uses many vile weaponry on the battlefield, but none of them is more vile than this walking pestilence. The Mutasolators are the offspring of the Soviet Desolator Program and the Epsilon Genetic Mutators. Thus the name, Mutasolator. They are armed with Mutarad Cannons that fire sickly pink colored radiation that can mutate Homo Sapiens into Homo Hulkus (like if that made any sense). And they can generate Radiation field like the Desolators that also turns humans into Incredible Hulks. The Mutaradiation doesn't recognize species other than the Homo Sapiens so all dogs, alligators and lifeforms that are not human will sadly die with no spectacular effect. Like the Desolators, Mutasolators are immune to their own Radiations and also immune to Desolator Radiations.

Edited by Jargalhurts, 04 August 2011 - 12:56 PM.

Actually Yngwie of Haus Malmsteen, feefty eenches of pure Svwedish beef.

#51 TheQuackSavior

TheQuackSavior

I am the only one who's earned that right in the entire univ

• Members
  • 216 posts
  • Projects:Some Super Mario World ROM hack
  •  WAAAAAHH!

Posted 04 August 2011 - 01:45 PM

ROFLMAO, an Mutasolator?

More suggestion for stolen tech infantry unit

2 more soviet stolen tech Infantry
Blizzardsolator
Cost: 1750$
Prerequisite: Soviet Battle Lab, require stolen Allies tech
Weapon: Thermal Inversion Cannon
Purpose: Frozen radiation, Anti-Infantry, Anti-Armour
The Soviet uses many vile weaponry on the battlefield, but none of them is more vile than this walking pestilence. The Blizzardsolator are the offspring of the Soviet Desolator Program and the Blizzard Technology. Thus the name, Blizzardsolator. They are armed with Blizzard cannon which fire weapon like the Blizzard Tank and frozed out the infantry, like Desolator. Blizzard counsin can deploy to releasing the frozen field to freeze out the tank and infantry. Like the Desolators, Blizzardsolators are immune to their own Radiations and also immune to Desolator Radiations.

Atomic Ivan
Cost: 1500$
Prerequisite: Soviet Battle Lab. Require stolen Soviet tech
Weapon: Nuclear-enchanced 'Ivan' Grenade
Speed: Same as C. Ivan
Purpose: Anti-Structure, Anti-Infantry, Anti-Armor

Be warned Commander when you notice that Soviet Saboteur is entering alternate Soviet Battle Lab. Developing fully-automatised versions of the 'Ivan' dynamite packs and enhancing them with additional nuclear charge, Soviets introduce how their strict power of nuclear technology can affect the future and the situation. Nuclear brother of Crazy Ivan doesn't like waiting for explosive surprise to be aimed - he enjoys having the heart of whole play nearby, that's why his nuclear grenades explode violently just after being thrown by himself. While those appear to be weaker against concrete which structures are made of, enhanced grenades affect enemy tanks and infantry in better way, making Atomic
Ivan excellent attack unit. His Rad-Proof suit is also great solution for enemy attack dogs.

Boom! I'm back, babies!

#52 MichaelJ.

MichaelJ.
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 07:20 PM

Suggestion For The Scorpion Cell : A new Alternative Light AA-Vehicle/walker (Epsilone Gatling Tank Counter Part) : The Land Stalker Or Stalker :
-Primary : Uses AA Missiles Vs Aircrafts.
-Secondary : Uses an HMG Vs Infantry.
-Slower Than the Gatling Tank.
-More Hit Points Than The Gatling Tank (25-50).
-Increase The line of sight by 1 point.

The units pic looks extremly cool!
I hope it finds their way somehow into the new mod :)

#53 DesertRose

DesertRose
  • Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 07:35 PM

That was a NPatch bug and since we're not using it anymore, the bug won't appear in 3.0.

Are you certain about that? The bug was also in the vanilla game, but I don't know if it was fixed in one of the patches.

Some more ideas for an infantry based Allied country:

1.) Mortar infantry. Undeployed it has the same weapon as a GI and moves with the same speed as a GGI, but when deployed the soldier unfolds its mortar and serves as a long-range siege unit. The soldier is equipped with an advanced aiming system to give him 100% accuracy, but it cannot compute the movement of its targets and thus unable to hit moving targets. Its grenades deal serious damage against buildings and defenses, moderate damage against infantry and light armored vehicles, but cannot penetrate the thick armor of harvesters or tanks. It's either available after you've build the radar and replaces the Enforcer or after the Tech Center and replaces the SEAL. Such an unit would remove the need for the Big Bertha I suggested earlier.

Some random ideas:

1.) Deployable mobile defense support system. This unit would fit for a country that specializes in defenses, like France in YR. A small vehicle that, once deployed, becomes a permanent "building" around which you can build defense buildings, but not regular buildings.

2.) Super Weapon: Similar to the Chrono Sphere, you can select a bunch of units and transport them somewhere else. However, those units are not "teleported", but moved there with nearly the speed of light. If a unit moved from one place to another collide with another unit both units are instantly destroyed, and infantry is rolled over. The device has a relative short range, though. I think it would fits best for Epsilon.

#54 Aasgier

Aasgier

title available

• Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 07:41 PM

Vanguard Infantry

One of the most powerful soldiers in the battlefield. It has the heaviest armor of all soldiers, and is therefore also the slowest of all soldiers. Still, in defensive positions they are a force to be reckoned with. The Allies implemented an expirimental ECM-system to block off mindcontrol.

Price tag: High
Prerequisite: Allied Barracks and Radar, infiltrating Soviet Battle Lab
Primary Weapon: Tesla Coil (like Tesla troopers)
Deployed Primary: Tesla Coil (range and firepower will increase)
Secondary weapon: Anti-air Flak Cannon (like Flak Trooper)
Deployed Secondary: Anti-air Flak Cannon (range will increase)
Speed: Very slow
Sight: Mediocre (especially for a soldier)
Armor Type: Plate
HP: Very High (especially for a soldier)
Notes:
- Immune to radiation
- Immune to poison
- Immune to mind-control
- Cannot be attacked by Attack Dogs or Terrordrones
- Can't be crushed, and is Omnicrushresistant when deployed.

Lacks orginality, though ^^.

#55 TheQuackSavior

TheQuackSavior

• Members
  • 216 posts
  •  WAAAAAHH!

Posted 05 August 2011 - 01:04 AM

Russia new superweapon

Tesla Bomber Airstrike
Countdown: 6:00

Accessed from Airfield and Battle Lab, call two quick tesla bomber to drop tesla carpet bomb anywhere on battlefield

Boom! I'm back, babies!

#56 narfnin

narfnin
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 01:56 AM

Ooh! Stolen tech, eh?

------------------

Any Soviet stealing Psy Corps--

Soviet PsyCorps Trooper (lol bad name :\)

Cost: $1900
Primary: Mind Control
Secondary: C4
Health: Med-Low
Speed: Low
Purpose: Mind Control. Duh.

Stealing Yuri's closely guarded Mind-Control Technology, the Soviets are able to re-instate their original Psy-Corps program. However, since the technology is stolen, their Psychic Soldiers are more expensive to produce. This is somewhat offset by giving them C4 to use on buildings and mind-control resistant things like the pesky Allied Grizzlies.

#57 TheQuackSavior

TheQuackSavior

• Members
  • 216 posts
  •  WAAAAAHH!

Posted 05 August 2011 - 02:22 AM

Ooh! Stolen tech, eh?

------------------

Stealing Yuri's closely guarded Mind-Control Technology, the Soviets are able to re-instate their original Psy-Corps program. However, since the technology is stolen, their Psychic Soldiers are more expensive to produce. This is somewhat offset by giving them C4 to use on buildings and mind-control resistant things like the pesky Allied Grizzlies.

I think it is PSI commando, :sleep:

Boom! I'm back, babies!

#58 narfnin

narfnin
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 03:25 AM

Ooh! Stolen tech, eh?

------------------

I think it is PSI commando, :sleep:

Commando is Allied, I believe.
And Psi-Ivan seems sorta weird :\

#59 bu7loos

bu7loos
  • Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 03:43 AM

@MichaelJ: Thanks :),On Topic :
Suggestion For The Psychic Corps : A new Alternative Light Scout Drone(Epsilone Chaos Drone Counter Part) : The Mental Drone :
-Primary : Minde Controle Device (only Controles Infanry).
-Detect Disguses.
-Senesores sight 8.
-Same Hit Points as the chaos dorne .

Attached Thumbnails

• SCRN0003.PNG

Edited by bu7loos, 05 August 2011 - 03:45 AM.

#60 TheQuackSavior

TheQuackSavior

• Members
  • 216 posts
  •  WAAAAAHH!

Posted 05 August 2011 - 10:11 AM

@MichaelJ: Thanks :),On Topic :
Suggestion For The Psychic Corps : A new Alternative Light Scout Drone(Epsilone Chaos Drone Counter Part) : The Mental Drone :
-Primary : Minde Controle Device (only Controles Infanry).
-Detect Disguses.
-Senesores sight 8.
-Same Hit Points as the chaos dorne .

Lolz, an Master Mind Trike :ohmy:

Boom! I'm back, babies!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users