MO3.0 Support // CRASHES

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
261 replies to this topic

#241 jbl5494

jbl5494
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 August 2016 - 03:34 AM

What is your windows version, and are you playing windowed mode?

Windows 10.  It has happened in both windowed and regular modes.  Since my last post, I have not had any issues but I've also been only playing missions and not skirmish.  Thank you for the quick reply and any help you can provide :)

-James

#242 mevitar

mevitar

REEEEEEEEEEEEE

• Hosted
  • 1,971 posts
  • Projects:Doom Desire
  •  (◉ _ ◉)

Posted 05 August 2016 - 10:32 AM

Did you use any game recording program when this happened?
ded signature

(◉ ᗝ ◉)

#243 Abc12341

Abc12341
  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 07 August 2016 - 03:00 PM

Unrelated to the bug I had a while back (I've got Windows 10 now), the game will freeze randomly during a game (not a crash). I think it will do this in RA2 and YR too but can't be sure. Fix possible?

#244 Lightning Fury

Lightning Fury
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 15 August 2016 - 02:20 PM

Hey, so...here's my problemo:

Mental Omega was working well before, but just recently, a problem arose:

(Details of the Launcher: Played Windowed - OFF, Enable debugging - OFF, Update on startup - ON)

When I launched MO (Also I forgot to close the window that said "Failed to update, no updates available" or something similar to that. I didn't remember honestly cause' the game launched pretty quick and I was pumped for another Pacific Front gameplay), I noticed Mental Omega was loading a bit longer than usual, and I waited for a bit, and it brought me to the main screen. Now here is where things get "junky". I pressed skirmish, and set up my game. After I clicked play, the loading screen pops up, but this time.....I noticed it was taking too long to load, and so, I forced restart my computer. After that, I tried to play Mental Omega, but it said "Mental Omega Launcher has stopped working".....What?! One more thing is that RA2:YR is kind of "corrupted" at this point. I tried playing it, but the menu was replaced by the Mental Omega one, and when I tried Skirmish on, all of the factions have a "MISSING: - *Insert random text*" and when I tried playing it, it crashed and went back to my desktop.

I tried everything I could to fix this, but to no avail. I even tried reinstalling RA2, YR and Mental Omega, but the same thing happened. Is there any hope for my game?

Edited by Lightning Fury, 15 August 2016 - 02:21 PM.

#245 Death_Kitty

Death_Kitty

Balance Crusader.

• Members
  • 185 posts
  •  I don't know what balance looks like in this mod; I just know I want it.

Posted 15 August 2016 - 08:24 PM

What version of YR do you have? Origin, Disc, Pirate? I've worked with all of them at some point or another. 

#246 Lightning Fury

Lightning Fury
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 August 2016 - 04:43 AM

What version of YR do you have? Origin, Disc, Pirate? I've worked with all of them at some point or another. 

TBH I have a pirated version (I missed RA2 and wanna play it, but the pirated versh only had the YR expansion pack playable.). I repeat again, RA2:YR and MO is working well on the past. I just had this problem yesterday. Also, I think it was the Force-Restart interruption that broke the games.

#247 TehMightyCell

TehMightyCell
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 August 2016 - 08:54 AM

Hey guys! I too have a problem with Mental Omega. It runs fine but it keeps on minimizing the game and I don't know how to fix this. It happens only with Mental Omega. Any idea how to fix it?

#248 Xiahou Yuan

Xiahou Yuan
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 September 2016 - 04:22 AM

Hello. Yesterday,I install MO in RA2/Yuri and working well but tomorrow,when i launch MO,its won't start. So,i check in Syringe.txt and I have see this [12:11:16] SyringeDebugger::FindDLLs: Recognized DLL: "Ares.dll" [12:11:16] SyringeDebugger::Handshake: Calling "Ares.dll" ... [12:11:16] SyringeDebugger::Handshake: Answers "Found an unknown game patch. Ares 0.4 is not compatible with other patches." (1) [12:11:16] SyringeDebugger::FindDLLs: DLL load was prevented: "Ares.dll" [12:11:16] SyringeDebugger::FindDLLs: Done (0 hooks added). Patch 1.001 Yuri's revenge Hope you can help me

#249 Xiahou Yuan

Xiahou Yuan
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 September 2016 - 04:22 AM

Opsss. Double post. Sorry

Edited by Xiahou Yuan, 21 September 2016 - 04:23 AM.

#250 mevitar

mevitar

REEEEEEEEEEEEE

• Hosted
  • 1,971 posts
  •  (◉ _ ◉)

Posted 21 September 2016 - 09:52 PM

Do you have other mods in the directory you installed MO?
ded signature

(◉ ᗝ ◉)

#251 Xiahou Yuan

Xiahou Yuan
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 September 2016 - 11:06 PM

I think No mod i add in Ra2/Yr file. I think ares.dll have problem in windows 8

Edit : I uninstall MO and reinstall in Ra2/Yr file. MO start working and in few hour,MO won't open

Edited by Xiahou Yuan, 22 September 2016 - 02:41 AM.

#252 Fergaloco

Fergaloco
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 September 2016 - 02:31 PM

The only problem I had experienced with it in the brief time while I had Mental Omega, was that you could not minimize the game window, As in. Mid-game, I receive an email so I go hit windows and enter my browser or whatever, upon re-entering the game I was faced everytime with blackscreen, sound still going, but zero visuals. :c is this something anyone else experienced? Excellent work with this Mod btw.

#253 Fergaloco

Fergaloco
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 September 2016 - 02:34 PM

Hello, on Windows 8.1 64 bits, if I minimize the game to go to Windows to attend other application, the game hangs.

Steps to reproduce:

1) Open Mental Omega 3.0 public beta1 at full-screen.

2) Press the Windows key (or Alt+Tab) to minimize the game and go to Windows.

3) Click on Mental Omega 3.0 again in the task bar to unminimize the game again.

4) You will find a black screen and that the game does not respond.

Are you having the same issue? Which Windows version are you running?

Is there any other useful debug info I can provide in this case?

https://dl.dropboxus...debug/debug.zip

Thanks for answering in IRC chat.

I had this exact problem too. Coupled with the lack of saving/loading, it pretty much makes playing the modded game impossible :(

#254 Lord_dykarius

Lord_dykarius
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 November 2016 - 10:29 AM

https://www.dropbox..../debug.log?dl=0  - DEBUG.LOG

https://www.dropbox....except.txt?dl=0  - EXCEPT.TXT

https://www.dropbox....yringe.log?dl=0  - SYRINGE.LOG

Those are the files that you require right? (have I given to you the right link without any mistake?)

However the problem is that I can't launch "MO APYR - 3.0". The launcher works fine, but the game doesn't even arrive to the menu. After clicking the launch button, in a couple of second the screens turn black and a message appear in the center (all around BLACK...BLACK....BLAAAAACK.....like we were in some kind of dreadful nightmare).

The message is this one:

error 1.png  

I clicked YES to have the report I've linked before.

Can you help me in some way? Please?  :sad:  :sad:

#255 mevitar

mevitar

REEEEEEEEEEEEE

• Hosted
  • 1,971 posts
  •  (◉ _ ◉)

Posted 12 November 2016 - 12:07 PM

Make sure you installed MO in the correct directory. It has to be installed in the same directory where gamemd.exe file is installed, and nowhere else.

Edited by mevitar, 12 November 2016 - 12:14 PM.

ded signature

(◉ ᗝ ◉)

#256 Nghia Pham

Nghia Pham
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 November 2016 - 02:34 PM

is there any way to fix the alt+tab issue? i cant get in the game after alt+tab :( (played MO 3.0 in WIn 10)

Edited by Nghia Pham, 15 November 2016 - 02:36 PM.

#257 mevitar

mevitar

REEEEEEEEEEEEE

• Hosted
  • 1,971 posts
  •  (◉ _ ◉)

Posted 15 November 2016 - 10:28 PM

No way to solve that besides playing in windowed mode.
ded signature

(◉ ᗝ ◉)

#258 Nghia Pham

Nghia Pham
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 November 2016 - 01:07 AM

Will it be fixed in 3.3?

#259 Norwayball

Norwayball
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 05:39 PM

Just installed mental omega 3.3 tdy.When i try to load the campaign or skimrish, i get an error message saying cannot load the file gamemd.exe. Any idea on how to fix this

#260 Speeder

Speeder

#ControlMOre

• Hosted
  • 8,998 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega
  •  Mental Omega Creator

Posted 16 December 2016 - 05:50 PM

Yes, read the instructions and then please put MO3.3 files where the required Red Alert 2 Yuri's Revenge 1.001 files are.

mainbanner.jpg
bt_left.pngbt_fb.pngbt_yt.pngbt_tw.pngbt_md.pngbt_right.png
115776.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users