• Please log in to reply
853 replies to this topic

#61 Petya

Petya

title available

• Project Team
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 05:05 PM

What if the Centurion is in-chronosphereable? Once the AI chronosphered my Centurion into the water, along with my Yunru and Eradicator.

I mentioned on the IRC that chronoshpere on enemy tanks seems to be a bit overpowered because Iron Curtain and Rage Inductor can't eliminate enemy tanks.

#62 Hecthor Doomhammer

Hecthor Doomhammer

Live Streamer

• Project Team
  • 1,282 posts
  • Projects:Livestreams
  •  C&C mods Livestreamer

Posted 04 December 2013 - 05:40 PM

Ithat is in fact the case. And it will sink and every one inside wil die. You don't like that, then play without SW or pray your opponent is anything but allied

Streamer of Rise of the Reds, Mental Omega and other mods

xqbQD6S.jpg

#63 Vhaldez

Vhaldez

The World Guardian

• Members
  • 140 posts
  •  Peace in Balance

Posted 04 December 2013 - 07:02 PM

Erm, sorry to just throw this out there, but what's the most effective way to use Mortar Ambush?

It seems like a waste of $ 1800 to me right now :l

bannerfans_16571832.png

#64 Zenothist

Zenothist

Former Mentalmeister

• Project Team
  • 1,727 posts
  •  Each post handcrafted for the discerning reader.

Posted 04 December 2013 - 07:22 PM

Motor Ambushes work well when trying to hit a crippled target, such as a fleeing MCV or miner. Try spawning them on a cliff or higher terrain where the enemy can't easily reach them!

#65 zocker4ever

zocker4ever
  • Members
  • 57 posts
  • Projects:One Vision, Reasonable Revenge

Posted 04 December 2013 - 07:52 PM

Could you tweak the dunerider? I really think Epsilon miss a dedicated anti infantry infantry unit.

Desolator and Navy seals are both great counters with some very useful abilities (deploy and swim/C4) but the only thing from Epsilon that comes close is the Dunerider. But while the former 2 units really annihilate infantry, the Dunerider plays rather meh.

Unlike the other two, It takes a couple of grenades to kill really kill something and deploying it will render it useless for quite some time. I know, you can't compare them one by one because of their varying cost but one thing you also should take into account is that the toxic clouds can also harm your own units.

I know that Epsilon has the uber infantr pwner called Basilisk but that's only available with T3.

#66 Petya

Petya

title available

• Project Team
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 08:16 PM

Dunerider is a pretty good unit if you learn how to use it well. It is even better in terms of structure annihilation than Navy SEAL or Crazy Ivan. Also he has pretty good range, he can outrange even basic defenses and garrisons.

#67 GameMaster0000

GameMaster0000
  • Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 09:05 PM

Dunerider is a pretty good unit if you learn how to use it well. It is even better in terms of structure annihilation than Navy SEAL or Crazy Ivan. Also he has pretty good range, he can outrange even basic defenses and garrisons.

That how AI use against me, very annoying

Does V3 Rocket too fast? There is no chance to shoot them down even 10 flak cannon.

#68 Petya

Petya

title available

• Project Team
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 09:28 PM

SCUD Rocket (which would the V3 rocket you meant, but there is no such thing in MO) is designed for mostly anti-structure purposes. Slow rocket wouldn't do well against structures (due to the number of anti-air defenses). Still the speed of the rocket is low enough to let your units to flee from the rocket. To think about it, you can still shoot down the rockets, while you can't do anything about the projectiles of Prism Tank, Basswave, Magnetron etc.

#69 GAMMA47

GAMMA47
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 02:56 AM

the biggest issue is the damn kirovs...im a pro russian player and even i dont use them because when i do im assured to destroying major targets...i had an ally with 30 gatling turrets firing at full speed and power and they still marched in and destroyed the MCV, Warfactory and barracks...this is coming from experience on both sides of the table and ive concluded the kirov is broken as hell and needs replaced....im mean the thor is heavily armored but at least his projectile doesnt kill a build in one hit....the kirov is so armored when the computer or player spams them theres nothing you can do accept lose things...because even when they die they always get the last laugh....ive talked to many other player irl and they agree...the kirov is waaaay to strong...i was hoping they would get a nerf so you have to win the games properly or use them with strategy....but alas the ai can barely survive them and the spam eventually cripples them...remember im a russian player and i say get rid of them...there too much trouble and always have been..unlesss you have collosas...but thats the only tem to really do anything to them

#70 Atomic_Noodles

Atomic_Noodles

Colony Hivemind

• Project Team
  • 854 posts
  • Projects:Red Alert - Colony Wars
  •  Colony Wars Hive Mind

Posted 05 December 2013 - 03:51 AM

Any unit in mass is always gonna be hard to handle. Kirovs are also the slowest units in the game. So your expected to counter them at best while they're still near the enemy's base. Use the T3 Anti-Air if you haven't yet. (Catastrophe for LC, Wolfhound for Russia,Sentinel for China,Aeroblaze for USA Blizzard Tank for PF,Thor for EU,Oxidizer + AA Units for SC,Colossus for HQ, (I forget whats the equivalent for PC...)

~ Getting cringe reactions when you see a RAINBOW means you have issues. ~

"This World is an Illussion,Exile" -High Templar Dominus

#71 MentalA04

MentalA04
  • Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 06:46 AM

the biggest issue is the damn kirovs...im a pro russian player and even i dont use them because when i do im assured to destroying major targets...i had an ally with 30 gatling turrets firing at full speed and power and they still marched in and destroyed the MCV, Warfactory and barracks...this is coming from experience on both sides of the table and ive concluded the kirov is broken as hell and needs replaced....im mean the thor is heavily armored but at least his projectile doesnt kill a build in one hit....the kirov is so armored when the computer or player spams them theres nothing you can do accept lose things...because even when they die they always get the last laugh....ive talked to many other player irl and they agree...the kirov is waaaay to strong...i was hoping they would get a nerf so you have to win the games properly or use them with strategy....but alas the ai can barely survive them and the spam eventually cripples them...remember im a russian player and i say get rid of them...there too much trouble and always have been..unlesss you have collosas...but thats the only tem to really do anything to them

Kirovs are fine, dont listen to him, if some one let enemy to "spam mass kirov" he doing it wrong, they arent 300$ of cost, and you have plenty of time to counter them, about "talked to lots of pro player" you probably not telling the truth, in many modern games, there you dont need to use tactic or strategy that well, you need some, to make good roster of troops, and decent micro, but that it, so again, telling you pro and not giving proper example, means you are not that good at the C&C type of games, they diffrent, they better. So dont pay attention to him, keep kirovs as they are, they cost alot, and have good weakness, changing it wouldnt make any good.

Edited by MentalA04, 05 December 2013 - 07:30 AM.

#72 Vhaldez

Vhaldez

The World Guardian

• Members
  • 140 posts
  •  Peace in Balance

Posted 05 December 2013 - 09:48 AM

Motor Ambushes work well when trying to hit a crippled target, such as a fleeing MCV or miner. Try spawning them on a cliff or higher terrain where the enemy can't easily reach them!

Thanks, that makes them a lot more useful!

bannerfans_16571832.png

#73 Black/Brunez

Black/Brunez

Title? What title?

• Project Team
  • 1,262 posts
  •  Mentalmeister - Random Annoying Guy

Posted 05 December 2013 - 10:28 AM

Kirovs can be dealed easily if you spot them while they are comming to your base. And please, use t3 AA.
Also a small fix for what atomic noddles said: Blizzards have AA, but they are not good vs heavy targets. Use Battle Fortresses with GGIs, Skyrays and Norio instead.

Edited by Black/Brunez, 05 December 2013 - 12:40 PM.

#74 Hecthor Doomhammer

Hecthor Doomhammer

Live Streamer

• Project Team
  • 1,282 posts
  • Projects:Livestreams
  •  C&C mods Livestreamer

Posted 05 December 2013 - 12:21 PM

Any unit in mass is always gonna be hard to handle. Kirovs are also the slowest units in the game. So your expected to counter them at best while they're still near the enemy's base. Use the T3 Anti-Air if you haven't yet. (Catastrophe for LC, Wolfhound for Russia,Sentinel for China,Aeroblaze for USA Blizzard Tank for PF,Thor for EU,Oxidizer + AA Units for SC,Colossus for HQ, (I forget whats the equivalent for PC...)

Gehenna's for PC

Also remember that the Battle Fortress loaded up with 4 GGI's is probably the best hitting Anti Tank / Anti Air in the whole game. By itself it has a Rocket Pod, for both Anti Tank and Anti Air and the infantry you put inside only makes it better. Plus, infantry inside will gain experience, when the Battle Fortress itself has become elite, making it an even greater unit.

You also forget, Gamma47, that the Kirov basically needs to be on top of the target to destroy it, while the other sides' equivilant dont, and thus have weaker armor, so it makes perfect sense on why the Kirov is so heavily armored.

I do say keep it the way it is

Streamer of Rise of the Reds, Mental Omega and other mods

xqbQD6S.jpg

#75 Petya

Petya

title available

• Project Team
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 03:46 PM

Epsilon sides can easily deal with Kirovs by using Archers. Allied sides just as well. And all of the soviet sides have some sort of powerful T3 AA (Russia Wolfhound, Confed Catastrophe, China Sentinels and Gyrocopters)

#76 GAMMA47

GAMMA47
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 05:02 PM

true but the ai does not know that and they just die...and even with all those its still to much to counter them and they still cause destruction on impact....and yes im good at CnC...ive been playing it all my life since the original and i play games alot...so yes I am good

#77 Graion Dilach

Graion Dilach

Supérior Caliburwielder

• Project Team
  • 2,187 posts
  • Projects:Infinty Engine modding, OpenHV, Attacque Supérior (sometimes)
  •  That guy you keep hearing the stories about.

Posted 05 December 2013 - 06:23 PM

say, do you play it on multi as well or just with AIs? Just because an AI gets beaten by Kirovs, that doesn't mean Kirov is OP, it's just that AIs suck.

kuuHd4s.png6pDXsCS.png
n0J1wqE.pngIX8pBXZ.png

AS Discord server: https://discord.gg/7aM7Hm2

ComradeCrimson: AS is the product of Hungarian acid
ComradeCrimson: And magical hussars
Dutchygamer: and Weird Al.

#78 Petya

Petya

title available

• Project Team
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 06:50 PM

AI can be defeated by a single Irkalla lol.

#79 GAMMA47

GAMMA47
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 11:42 PM

no not by irkalla...alrady tried that..kirove might be more armored....even though its just a balloon...and what do you mean the ai cant be fixed...they were fair in 2.0...what changed to make them act like this...and old engine...why not start making this game on a newer engine like Shit alert 3...and you can make the ai whatever you want doesnt matter the engine...is there someone on your team that handles ai? Yes i do play online though i recently stopped because the delay in commands annoys me alot. If i may ask...when this game gets done why not me start my first project and put this game on a red alert 3 engine...it would run alot better and feel much better then this one

#80 GameMaster0000

GameMaster0000
  • Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 01:18 AM

Try Meteor Shower If you want harder AI.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users