act 1 act 2

• Please log in to reply
349 replies to this topic

#201 0Weber0

0Weber0
  • Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 09:57 PM

Given the fact, that the Soviets will land on Moon in the "Earthrise", it's pretty obvious that they will try(and succed) to hijack, or rather, reclaim their rockets. It's curious however, how can they still spare elite taskforce to fly to the Moon, if the alliance with Chinese is broken, and half of their army is brainwashed?

They're not really low on manpower like the allied nations are. In the stolen tech previews from youtube, foehn forces could be seen attacking epsilon and purple soviet forces, which could mean that they were mind controlled, and if they were, it probably wasn't just a handful of survivors but an army, implying on A: Epsilon wins (which we all assume even though the devs don't confirm it) and B: There were many soviet forces left when they lost, which is reasonable given that China is the most populous contry in the world and they're using powerhouse methods, so there should be A LOT of manpower avaible there, LC is formed by the considerably populated Latin America, and Russia is, well, big. And mostly under epsilon control already.

#202 Janusz Olender

Janusz Olender
  • Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 10:18 PM

They're not really low on manpower like the allied nations are. In the stolen tech previews from youtube, foehn forces could be seen attacking epsilon and purple soviet forces, which could mean that they were mind controlled, and if they were, it probably wasn't just a handful of survivors but an army, implying on A: Epsilon wins (which we all assume even though the devs don't confirm it) and B: There were many soviet forces left when they lost, which is reasonable given that China is the most populous contry in the world and they're using powerhouse methods, so there should be A LOT of manpower avaible there, LC is formed by the considerably populated Latin America, and Russia is, well, big. And mostly under epsilon control already.

Of course, the Red Army is still quite numerous, the problem is, that about half of them is mind controlled by PsiCorps, so they have to engage Epsilon AND their former comrades, and on the top of that, the Chinese still can mobilise dozens of millions soldiers, meanwhile the Russians and Latins can't.(Most of their homelands is under Epsilon's control. BTW, it's interesting, how the Soviets and Allies don't care about each other, possibly, aren't even aware of the development of the situation in another block.

Edited by Janusz Olender, 14 October 2017 - 10:18 PM.

#203 0Weber0

0Weber0
  • Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 10:36 PM

Of course, the Red Army is still quite numerous, the problem is, that about half of them is mind controlled by PsiCorps, so they have to engage Epsilon AND their former comrades, and on the top of that, the Chinese still can mobilise dozens of millions soldiers, meanwhile the Russians and Latins can't.(Most of their homelands is under Epsilon's control. BTW, it's interesting, how the Soviets and Allies don't care about each other, possibly, aren't even aware of the development of the situation in another block.

God knows what's on the moon. Maybe Russia believes that taking that base out will free some of their comrades or give them the ultimate edge against epsilon, so they're sending everything they have avaible to take it, just like the allies did in Relentless.

Also, we didn't get any info on Latin America current status apart from the fact that Rio had to be re-taken. It could be a guerrilla hell between confed survivors against epsilon and mind controlled confeds or it could be a no-epsilon zone that Yuri would like to avoid at all costs (Huehuecoyotl is specifically to weaken confed in Europe, so they were a very real threat in Yuri's vision), so strong it is. My bet is that it leans more towards the latter, given that they captured the psychic amplifier in Chicago and had forces to send at China, i'm just not sure if those were forces to spare or what was left of their army. 

I wish we had a covert-ops mission in Latin America, so we could know the situation of the soviets there. Can we have one?

Edited by 0Weber0, 14 October 2017 - 10:42 PM.

#204 Janusz Olender

Janusz Olender
  • Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 10:55 PM

Right now, it rather appears that the North America is Soviet base of operations(Russian and Latin alike). The Latins probably have lost grip on their homeland as well, since Yuri controlled their Nukes and held them on the Amazon Rainforest. Regarding the Earthrise, You may got the point, that the Russians will find something really useful out there, something that will allow them to ALMOST defeat the Epsilon.(That Cyborg Boris may not be just an easter egg). But, given the amount of magnetic weaponry out there, I'm afraid, that it will be Volkov's and Chitzkoi's last operation...

#205 0Weber0

0Weber0
  • Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 11:11 PM

Right now, it rather appears that the North America is Soviet base of operations(Russian and Latin alike). The Latins probably have lost grip on their homeland as well, since Yuri controlled their Nukes and held them on the Amazon Rainforest. Regarding the Earthrise, You may got the point, that the Russians will find something really useful out there, something that will allow them to ALMOST defeat the Epsilon.(That Cyborg Boris may not be just an easter egg). But, given the amount of magnetic weaponry out there, I'm afraid, that it will be Volkov's and Chitzkoi's last operation...

I highly doubt the cyborg Boris could be in any way a easter egg. It's not a question of if, but when and where it will appear. I think you got the point just right on when and where the he will appear. Also, reminder that the reason to have that much magnetic weaponary in the moon is that all land units that can be deployed there are vulnerable to it, makes a lot of sense to use such tech in such place.

#206 UNSC THE CHILL OF WAR

UNSC THE CHILL OF WAR

title available

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 15 October 2017 - 11:30 AM

Is it possible that death's hand (what ever that is) is on the moon?

Also, weres this cyborg Boris

#207 Janusz Olender

Janusz Olender
  • Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 15 October 2017 - 11:40 AM

Nah, I guess that the Death's Hand is somewhere in Russia, possibly even in Moscow.

Spoiler

#208 Janusz Olender

Janusz Olender
  • Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 15 October 2017 - 12:34 PM

I also wonder, if the Soviets and Allies will encounter one another again, perhaps they will even form some tactical alliance during the final assault?

#209 Tathmesh

Tathmesh

title available

• Members
  • 326 posts
  •  Degenerate Haihead Main

Posted 15 October 2017 - 02:22 PM

Jesus man, cyborg boris seems like a massive fucking spoiler. Can you please tag that.

Edited by Tathmesh, 15 October 2017 - 02:23 PM.

#210 0Weber0

0Weber0
  • Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 15 October 2017 - 06:24 PM

An idea just hit me: 

Epsilon is using the moon base to develop the stalker. The fact that he's the product of genetic mutation tells me they don't want to risk an outbreak (think of what happend in intoxicated. Yuri would be cautious to not cause that in one of his bases, specially given that stalkers are smarter that brutes. Also, the moon base is just where Yuri sent Libra, so it must be very well suited for internal damage), and his metal suit might also work as an astronaut suit, so he can survive in airless environment. His weapon is an imploder cannon, so it should work well there. We haven't seen any stalker yet, and all of these characteristics make him an ideal unit for such ambient. The only weird thing would be the drain cannon, because there would be fairy little to drain there.

A bit of a wild theory. Feel free to make objections.

#211 Janusz Olender

Janusz Olender
  • Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 15 October 2017 - 06:39 PM

That may be possible, but Rashidi didn't need the Moon to develop Dybbuk-Evolver. Besides, it would more probable, that Yuri would build the Moon base to devolop some really cutting-edge arsenal, while the Stalkers aren't really that top priority. BTW, we could see few Stalkers held captive in Backbitten.

#212 UNSC THE CHILL OF WAR

UNSC THE CHILL OF WAR

title available

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 09:46 AM

If the soviets take over the Moon, surely any Soviet forces on the moon are safe from the mental omega device (it cant affect the moon, can it? Surely the range is too short)

#213 BotRot

BotRot
  • Members
  • 228 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega English Wiki on Fandom (formerly Wikia)
  •  Mental Omega Wiki Administrator & Contributor

Posted 16 October 2017 - 10:42 AM

If the soviets take over the Moon, surely any Soviet forces on the moon are safe from the mental omega device (it cant affect the moon, can it? Surely the range is too short)

I reckon the Mental Omega Device can't reach that far. I mean, it isn't called a global mind control device (if said weapon will actually appear) for nothing  :grin:

Even if the Soviets did take over the moon, what advantage would they get from claiming it? They can't stay up there forever, and even if they will, they won't be a threat to Earth armies anymore. Surely the Soviets would not let their cyborg heroes stay on the moon, yes? 

hT8PHUN.gif

#214 Hardric62

Hardric62
  • Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 11:33 AM

The Soviets wouldn't. Decimated Epsilon forces ordered more or less brutally by Yuri to destroy the remaining rockets on the Moon in a spiteful way to trap them up there? Well, Epsilon don't really look like they care about the individual trooper. Heck, seizing the rocket in the first place could have been an elaborate trap.

#215 Janusz Olender

Janusz Olender
  • Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 04:23 PM

Since it's not last Soviet mission, we may be sure that Comrade General and his force will come back, sound and safe.

#216 BotRot

BotRot
  • Members
  • 228 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega English Wiki on Fandom (formerly Wikia)
  •  Mental Omega Wiki Administrator & Contributor

Posted 20 October 2017 - 10:21 AM

Based from the numerous Epsilon defenses shown in the teaser image of Meltdown and the mission name itself, I can make a wild guess that Yuri owns several Nuclear Reactors somewhere. The expected nuclear explosions here could never compare to Thread of Dread's 4 Nuke Silos unfortunately

hT8PHUN.gif

#217 Janusz Olender

Janusz Olender
  • Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 20 October 2017 - 08:10 PM

Maybe we will have to face the Chinese nuclear arsenal in "Meltdown" anyways, but this time they will be mind-controlled? Or it's just hint, that Yuri's Empire begins to melt? 

#218 Meyerm

Meyerm

Commisar

• Members
  • 716 posts

Posted 22 October 2017 - 06:03 AM

Based from the numerous Epsilon defenses shown in the teaser image of Meltdown and the mission name itself, I can make a wild guess that Yuri owns several Nuclear Reactors somewhere. The expected nuclear explosions here could never compare to Thread of Dread's 4 Nuke Silos unfortunately

Or just so many nukes were dropped in Thread of Dread that it triggered a nuclear winter. :p

#219 Hardric62

Hardric62
  • Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 24 October 2017 - 05:27 PM

... So, a teaser image of Nobody Home was just posted by Speeder, with Chinese troops and an outpost. Given the potentials ties to Thread of Dread, and the ffact this mission had Yunru already sporting Foehn colors... I think Chinese could be a potential opponent for this mission, right with Epsilon, as Yunru takes this opportunity to take her total independance from the Chinese High Command.

Also. YEEAAAAAH, Foehn Origins missions incoming.

#220 Janusz Olender

Janusz Olender
  • Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 24 October 2017 - 07:17 PM

No barrels in Chinese outpust... so they will be our enemies. :p

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users