Posted 24 October 2017 - 07:26 PM

No barrels in Chinese outpust... so they will be our enemies. :p

nice one lol.

#222 Hardric62

Hardric62
  • Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 24 October 2017 - 07:51 PM

Actualy, there is one next to one of the Tesla Coils... Althouugh it does suggest Chinese aren't allies for this mission.

#223 UNSC THE CHILL OF WAR

UNSC THE CHILL OF WAR

title available

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 24 October 2017 - 08:01 PM

So, i we not china, who are we?

#224 Hardric62

Hardric62
  • Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 24 October 2017 - 08:12 PM

I think there are Chinese on our side... but teal ones, proto-Foehn troops loyal to Yunru first. The question here is, is the mission about establishing the base we attack in Thread of Dread, or are we dealing with the afftermath of the mission?

#225 Janusz Olender

Janusz Olender
  • Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 24 October 2017 - 08:28 PM

I think there are Chinese on our side... but teal ones, proto-Foehn troops loyal to Yunru first. The question here is, is the mission about establishing the base we attack in Thread of Dread, or are we dealing with the afftermath of the mission?

I think, that is rather the aftermath of the mission, since the main PRC forces is apparently hostile to us. Yunru probably had gone rogue AFTER ToD, otherwise, she wouldn't have that MIDAS. Maybe we are to create save passage for Centurion and other prototypes, or something.

#226 Meyerm

Meyerm

Commisar

• Members
  • 716 posts

Posted 25 October 2017 - 06:54 PM

I think, that is rather the aftermath of the mission, since the main PRC forces is apparently hostile to us. Yunru probably had gone rogue AFTER ToD, otherwise, she wouldn't have that MIDAS. Maybe we are to create save passage for Centurion and other prototypes, or something.

Could still be before. Yuri's PsiCorps were technically still with the Soviets until the end of ACT I, but there was plenty of fighting soviets before then. 

#227 Tathmesh

Tathmesh

title available

• Members
  • 326 posts
  •  Degenerate Haihead Main

Posted 25 October 2017 - 06:59 PM

I don't think China is the enemy here, from the loading screen of Nobody Home on ModDB, it looks like Epsilon will be the enemies in this map. (Assuming this mission hasn't undergone a revision that is)

I'm throwing out a guess that China never trusted Yuri this whole time. They had Yunru develop new weapons under everyone's backs possibly to usurp the Russians, but also because they were anticipating Yuri's inevitable betrayal.

The Other Perspective in the MO Website seems to suggest that Foehn was created with the purpose of defeating Yuri, and the data on Foehn was in a Chinese data center in Power Hunger, which implies that China was aware of Foehn's activity. So China is fully allied with Foehn. At this point in the story, maybe they're essentially the same faction.

Edited by Tathmesh, 25 October 2017 - 07:03 PM.

#228 Janusz Olender

Janusz Olender
  • Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 25 October 2017 - 07:00 PM

Yes, but the Chinese were well aware of Yunru's activity and location, and if she stole MIDAS from them, surely they would have reacted. That means, that Chinese Politburo still believed that she is loyal to them.

#229 Wayward Winds

Wayward Winds
  • Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 25 October 2017 - 08:47 PM

I'm noticing the McRoo outlet just poking into the right of the picture.  China has taken over Australia?  Unless there's a branch in Kashmir, Nobody Home's not going to take place anywhere near Thread of Dread.

I wonder also; given that Yuri now controls Moscow and much of Russia, did he actually move those MIDAS launchers out of Moscow?  Could he have integrated them/turned them into Death's Hand, and the actual last mission of the Soviet campaign is going to be trying to retake Moscow and defuse the Death's Hand threat?

#230 Janusz Olender

Janusz Olender
  • Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 25 October 2017 - 09:07 PM

I wonder also; given that Yuri now controls Moscow and much of Russia, did he actually move those MIDAS launchers out of Moscow?  Could he have integrated them/turned them into Death's Hand, and the actual last mission of the Soviet campaign is going to be trying to retake Moscow and defuse the Death's Hand threat?

That's a good point, but I wonder if the Soviets aren't going to do, what true communist should do -steal it... errr, I meant, collectivise it. :D

#231 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 25 October 2017 - 10:30 PM

I'm noticing the McRoo outlet just poking into the right of the picture.  China has taken over Australia?  Unless there's a branch in Kashmir, Nobody Home's not going to take place anywhere near Thread of Dread.

It just might be a cheap Chinese knockoff. :p

#232 Meyerm

Meyerm

Commisar

• Members
  • 716 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 06:13 PM

I don't think China is the enemy here, from the loading screen of Nobody Home on ModDB, it looks like Epsilon will be the enemies in this map. (Assuming this mission hasn't undergone a revision that is)

I'm throwing out a guess that China never trusted Yuri this whole time. They had Yunru develop new weapons under everyone's backs possibly to usurp the Russians, but also because they were anticipating Yuri's inevitable betrayal.

The Other Perspective in the MO Website seems to suggest that Foehn was created with the purpose of defeating Yuri, and the data on Foehn was in a Chinese data center in Power Hunger, which implies that China was aware of Foehn's activity. So China is fully allied with Foehn. At this point in the story, maybe they're essentially the same faction.

My theory is that Foehn is basically being conceived the same way Epsilon was, only with the Chinese and support from Kanegawa and Steinstech (Jackals at Kanegawa facility, European-sounding names, Allied weather tech and future tanks reminiscent of Foehn).

China thinks the advanced weapons projects are going to give them the edge to win the war, but Yunru and the Foehn leadership (if there is one yet) knows the established nations are already a lost cause against Yuri. As I've speculated before, China is being used to develop an arsenal the Chinese think is for them but is actually swept away from them at the last moment when its designers reveal their true colors. 

#233 isaac103

isaac103

title available

• Members
  • 357 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 04:05 AM

So any more fan theories about Act II given the new missions that have just come out? 

#234 Nevermore2790

Nevermore2790
  • Members
  • 29 posts
  • Projects:Crossover Series

Posted 24 December 2017 - 02:37 AM

NOTE: These are just my predictions....

SOVIET CAMPAIGN PREDICTIONS:

Meltdown: Capturing a Rocket shuttle to the Moon.... Reminds me of Escape Velocity. Only this time, it's different.

Earthrise: I wonder what those rocket shuttles in this mission are doing?? Are the Epsilon going to make some kind of a nuclear launch on the Moon? You will also destroy Yuri's base of operations there..

Fatal Impact: Still don't know what will this mission's objective be?? Holding out for Russian forces from the Moon only land on a location surrounded by Epsilon forces?

Death's Hand: This is the Soviets' time to retake Moscow from Yuri.. I'm getting Red Revolution vibes from Red Alert 2 here. Only this time, it will be a huge mistake, and Moscow is erased from the map.

ALLIED CAMPAIGN PREDICTIONS:

Insomnia: Allies are desperate; they cannot rest, and are wanting to take down Yuri.. Don't know full context here...

Withershins: Allies are getting more and more desperate.. Don't know what's the context here... Its definition means unlucky or causing disaster.

Hamartia: I'm guessing this will take place during Unthinkable.. The Paradox Engine has failed its purpose because of its battery destroyed back then. Mentioned on Relentless.

EPSILON CAMPAIGN PREDICTIONS:

Machinehead: The fate of the Centurion Siege Crawler and Yunru.

Unthinkable: Defending against Allied forces, and the inevitable coming of the Paradox Engine.

Reality Check: Are we going to get Libra Clones here? No context here yet....

Babel: Remnants of BOTH Soviets and Allies are heading to Antarctica to destroy your ultimate weapon. You will defend the weapon until it charges. This may be a role reversal of Brain Dead from Yuri's Revenge.

BONUS:

Vision of a Distant Future: Might be a role reversal of Polar Storm of Red Alert 2??

#235 Janusz Olender

Janusz Olender
  • Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 01 January 2018 - 12:15 AM

NOTE: These are just my predictions....

Babel: Remnants of BOTH Soviets and Allies are heading to Antarctica to destroy your ultimate weapon. You will defend the weapon until it charges. This may be a role reversal of Brain Dead from Yuri's Revenge.

Somehow, I got strange feeling, that it will be remnants of Epsilon defending the ultimate weapon, against the resurgent Soviets and Allies and will be make more like reversal of "The fall of Adam" and "Scarled Twillight" from MO 2.0, with other outcome this tome however...
BTW, I'm sure, that Yuri decided to build his ultimate weapon just after first significant victories of Allies and Soviets(Chicago, Singapore, Paradox Project perhaps?). Otherwise, he wouldn't start a war but rather secretly build the Mental Omega.

Edited by Janusz Olender, 01 January 2018 - 12:16 AM.

#236 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 01 January 2018 - 12:15 AM

I think Babel will be Epsilon vs Epsilon.

#237 UNSC THE CHILL OF WAR

UNSC THE CHILL OF WAR

title available

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 01 January 2018 - 09:13 AM

Is that not just MO 2.0?
(I skipped through a video of that mission, and never understood why the proselyte destroyed the MO device. Why did they do this?)

#238 yunru the gundealer

yunru the gundealer
  • Members
  • 126 posts
  •  LET ME SELL YOU A GOOD GUN, EY?

Posted 01 January 2018 - 08:18 PM

Is that not just MO 2.0?
(I skipped through a video of that mission, and never understood why the proselyte destroyed the MO device. Why did they do this?)

i think its the soviet player going rouge from the mind control he was under (the yuri commander in that is just the soviet one mind controlled)

(also dang forums eating my first version of this post D:)

Edited by yunru the gundealer, 01 January 2018 - 08:21 PM.

#239 Hardric62

Hardric62
  • Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 01 January 2018 - 08:25 PM

I think Babel will be Epsilon vs Epsilon.

And this time, instead of attacking the MO Device, the player will be dending it... I can see something like that happen. Or if we are on the Device-destroying side, some scripted failure at the end.

#240 Terminal Velocity

Terminal Velocity

title available

• Members
  • 251 posts

Posted 01 January 2018 - 10:01 PM

Well, Rashidi has escaped and we destroy most of his army in Obsidian Sands, the HQ is protecting the device (obviously), Psicorps is led by Yuri himself, so I don't really think Epsilon vs Epsilon is gonna happen. Besides, I think it would be a bit disappointing to repeat the v2.0 scenario, I want to believe that Proselyte is willingly supporting Yuri ,not just because he is mind controlled, but that's just my opinion.

MO2.0 Ares Port (Beta):

https://drive.google...BIYEYXz7u8KCAMr

My maps:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users