Photo

MO3.3 SUPPORT // Game or Client Crashes & Launch Issues Megathread

Best Answer Speeder, 05 April 2024 - 11:38 AM

news_commonissues.png

This is a list of the most common technical issues that users might encounter trying to play Mental Omega, including using it with Steam/EA App.

The Steam/EA App test fix can be downloaded from our Discord's #support_solutions section for now.

Solutions to these problems on:
- Discord: https://mentalomega.com/discord
(support_solutions & support channels)
Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
1430 replies to this topic

#21 Zoar

Zoar
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 11:32 AM

found a fairly random bug in Unholy Alliance, you are unable to build an Airforce Command HQ, I even tested with only deploying the Allied MCV and no Airforce Command HQ

#22 Leo Sun

Leo Sun
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 11:38 AM

there's something wrong with my Springe, every time I try to Start a Skirmish it'd exit to show a message saying "Fatal Error: Could not load executable file: "gamemd.exe" I have given ran them as administrator. please help

here's the log for it

[03:27:50] Syringe 0.7.0.6
[03:27:50] ===============

[03:27:50] WinMain: lpCmdLine = ""gamemd.exe" -SPAWN -CD -LOG -SPAWN"
[03:27:50] WinMain: Trying to load executable file "gamemd.exe"...

[03:27:50] SyringeDebugger::RetrieveInfo: Retrieving info from the executable file...
[03:27:50] SyringeDebugger::RetrieveInfo: Failed to open the executable!
[03:29:51] WinMain: ERROR: Could not load executable file, exiting...
[03:29:51] WinMain: Exiting on failure.

Edited by Leo Sun, 17 December 2016 - 02:34 PM.

#23 Norwayball

Norwayball
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 12:06 PM

Anyone knows how to fix the "Yuri's Revenge has encountered a fatal error", otherwise i'm incapable of playing skirmish at all

#24 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 12:26 PM

When that happened to me, it was because my YR was "impure" as in, one of the unspupported versions, like the multiplayer only one.

#25 Drunkslaver

Drunkslaver
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 12:48 PM

Hello, I tried to add a few skirmish maps to the game however they simply do not even appear in the new skirmish menu.

#26 Speeder

Speeder

#ControlMOre

• Hosted
  • 8,998 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega
  •  Mental Omega Creator

Posted 17 December 2016 - 12:55 PM

Drunkslaver Add them to /Maps/Custom subfolder and make sure their extension is *.map

mainbanner.jpg
bt_left.pngbt_fb.pngbt_yt.pngbt_tw.pngbt_md.pngbt_right.png
115776.png

#27 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts
  • Projects:Renegade X: Firestorm
  •  *intensely rolls around*

Posted 17 December 2016 - 12:59 PM

Can you give us a tutorial on how to patch yuri's revenge? because whenever I try to patch it with YURI-1001 ENGLISH it says "Old file not found. However, a file of the same name was found. No update done since file contents do not match." please help.

Check if you YR is cracked or modded,if not, check for any virus (I had similar problem with exe modifying virus once)

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

Visit us in Totem Arts site
(Firestorm is still SoonTM)

#28 Drunkslaver

Drunkslaver
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 01:02 PM

Drunkslaver Add them to /Maps/Custom subfolder and make sure their extension is *.map

Thank you, they work now!

#29 MrBlack!

MrBlack!
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 01:57 PM

Guess my post goes here?
------

Hey All!

Recently downloaded MO 3.3.0 successfully, and played a game with no problems at all! All worked fine till it came to connecting to CNCnet.

I do live in Australia, unfortunately away from the servers, but should be able to tunnel a way into a server that is a playable one. As I load up 'Multiplayer', CNCnet takes its time to connect to a server. After about 5-10 minutes, I eventually connect to the server, which displays current listed games and players connected. CNCnet becomes very sluggish, and takes like 20-30 seconds to catch up before eventually timing out and losing connection. (See post below) I was able to speak on the general chat for MO for a bit, but is very sluggish and seems to jump, eventually disconnecting. I run MO successfully and used to play MO 3.0 without any connection problems or disconnects.

When I'm lucky enough, I was able to join a game, but is also sluggish then. ( I ping about around 150 when connecting to current games), but the CNCnet client is unbareable, and when it does load, the chat jumps and the host repeatively says 'ready up' when I've actually spammed the 'I'm ready' button. Eventually the game disconnects from CNCnet (Yet again see the post below to understand what I see) and lose all available games, and attempts to reconnect.

Is anyone else have this problem, like people who are situated away from the servers? I'm unsure as the game runs perfectly with AI and campaign (only tried Act 1, apparently problems with act 2??)

I run Windows XP SP3 (LOL) and specs are not really needed as I have no problems at all with .NET framework, compatibility etc.

-------
P.S : Also, my AVG antivirus when installing picked up something named 'IDP.ALEXA.51' in the game files. I had allowed it, as removing it seems to corrupt the game files. Anyone else come up with this? Checking on this on google revealed a problem with AVG itself, but not sure

Cheers all

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpeg

Edited by MrBlack!, 17 December 2016 - 02:09 PM.

#30 Wikapanther

Wikapanther
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 02:37 PM

The client installs and runs fine, but when I start any match, be it campaign or skirmish, as soon as I hit "Launch/Launch Game", the client pops away for a brief moment before coming back. In skirmish I am shunted back to the skirmish lobby, with the campaign screen I am shunted back to the main menu.
I've installed the game per instruction and all files should be in order. Both gamemd.exe, Syringe.exe & MentalOmegaClient.exe are run as administrator.

Please help. This game is awesome and I can't wait to play it! :D

RESOLVED: This user had RockPatch/NPatch installed.

&

i got the same issue, uninstall 3.0 and yuri and re install them again, did the compatibility thing of xp sp3 and administration. what should i do?

http://www.mediafire...96q/syringe.log

Is you YR updated to be version 1.001?

#31 Wikapanther

Wikapanther
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 02:41 PM

Guess my post goes here?
------

Hey All!

Recently downloaded MO 3.3.0 successfully, and played a game with no problems at all! All worked fine till it came to connecting to CNCnet.

I do live in Australia, unfortunately away from the servers, but should be able to tunnel a way into a server that is a playable one. As I load up 'Multiplayer', CNCnet takes its time to connect to a server. After about 5-10 minutes, I eventually connect to the server, which displays current listed games and players connected. CNCnet becomes very sluggish, and takes like 20-30 seconds to catch up before eventually timing out and losing connection. (See post below) I was able to speak on the general chat for MO for a bit, but is very sluggish and seems to jump, eventually disconnecting. I run MO successfully and used to play MO 3.0 without any connection problems or disconnects.

When I'm lucky enough, I was able to join a game, but is also sluggish then. ( I ping about around 150 when connecting to current games), but the CNCnet client is unbareable, and when it does load, the chat jumps and the host repeatively says 'ready up' when I've actually spammed the 'I'm ready' button. Eventually the game disconnects from CNCnet (Yet again see the post below to understand what I see) and lose all available games, and attempts to reconnect.

Is anyone else have this problem, like people who are situated away from the servers? I'm unsure as the game runs perfectly with AI and campaign (only tried Act 1, apparently problems with act 2??)

I run Windows XP SP3 (LOL) and specs are not really needed as I have no problems at all with .NET framework, compatibility etc.

-------
P.S : Also, my AVG antivirus when installing picked up something named 'IDP.ALEXA.51' in the game files. I had allowed it, as removing it seems to corrupt the game files. Anyone else come up with this? Checking on this on google revealed a problem with AVG itself, but not sure

Cheers all

My pc runs avira and hadn't found anything strange. Mod itself is absolutely safe.

#32 katmoda12

katmoda12
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 04:06 PM

I have the same problem of the first poster here in this thread.

Thi is my syringe log:

[17:03:42] Syringe 0.7.0.6
[17:03:42] ===============

[17:03:42] WinMain: lpCmdLine = ""gamemd.exe" -SPAWN -CD -LOG -SPAWN"
[17:03:42] WinMain: Trying to load executable file "gamemd.exe"...

[17:03:42] SyringeDebugger::RetrieveInfo: Retrieving info from the executable file...
[17:03:42] SyringeDebugger::RetrieveInfo: Executable information successfully retrieved.
[17:03:42] exe = gamemd.exe
[17:03:42] pImLoadLibrary = 0x007E1220
[17:03:42] pImGetProcAddress = 0x007E1250
[17:03:42] pcEntryPoint = 0x007CD80F
[17:03:42] dwExeSize = 0x00497FE0
[17:03:42] dwExeCRC = 0x1B499086
[17:03:42] dwTimestamp = 0x3BDF544E

[17:03:42] SyringeDebugger::RetrieveInfo: Opening gamemd.exe to determine imports.
[17:03:42] WinMain: SyringeDebugger::FindDLLs();

[17:03:42] SyringeDebugger::FindDLLs: Recognized DLL: "Ares.dll"
[17:03:42] SyringeDebugger::Handshake: Calling "Ares.dll" ...
[17:03:42] SyringeDebugger::Handshake: Answers "Found Yuri's Revenge 1.001 (UC). Applying Ares 0.C." (0)
[17:03:42] SyringeDebugger::FindDLLs: Recognized DLL: "cncnet5.dll"
[17:03:43] SyringeDebugger::FindDLLs: Done (1216 hooks added).

[17:03:43] WinMain: SyringeDebugger::Run(" -SPAWN -CD -LOG -SPAWN");

[17:03:43] SyringeDebugger::Run: Running process to debug. cmd = "gamemd.exe  -SPAWN -CD -LOG -SPAWN"
[17:03:43] WinMain: SyringeDebugger::Run finished.
[17:03:43] WinMain: Exiting on success.

Thanks for this great mod and for any help.

#33 Trần Quốc Bảo

Trần Quốc Bảo
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 04:07 PM

Error!

KsBJvAw.jpg

Edited by Trần Quốc Bảo, 17 December 2016 - 04:09 PM.

#34 Mental Omega

Mental Omega
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 04:38 PM

Screenshot_14.png HELP ME PLEASE GUYSSS

#35 Speeder

Speeder

#ControlMOre

• Hosted
  • 8,998 posts
  •  Mental Omega Creator

Posted 17 December 2016 - 04:55 PM

Upload client.log file from /Client subfolder after this crash has occured. Also, you're not Mental Omega.

mainbanner.jpg
115776.png

#36 Thesilver

Thesilver
  • Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 05:50 PM

This is my syringe. I believe my problem has to do with gamemd.exe. I don't know what that file is and how i solve this problem. My yuri's revenge is at 1.001 (odd that 3.0 could just go without) and i believe i got everything in the right folder.

[15:17:55] Syringe 0.7.0.6
[15:17:55] ===============

[15:17:55] WinMain: lpCmdLine = ""gamemd.exe" -SPAWN -CD -LOG -SPAWN"
[15:17:55] WinMain: Trying to load executable file "gamemd.exe"...

[15:17:55] SyringeDebugger::RetrieveInfo: Retrieving info from the executable file...
[15:17:55] SyringeDebugger::RetrieveInfo: Failed to open the executable!
[15:17:58] WinMain: ERROR: Could not load executable file, exiting...
[15:17:58] WinMain: Exiting on failure.

I have been very excited for this mod though, the soviet and epsilon teaser missions were impressive as hell. I can't wait to play the rest.

#37 Tyhednus

Tyhednus

title available

• Members
  • 459 posts
  •  Casual mod player and AS tester

Posted 17 December 2016 - 05:51 PM

I can start the game, but when I pause, the game crashes.

#38 Speeder

Speeder

#ControlMOre

• Hosted
  • 8,998 posts
  •  Mental Omega Creator

Posted 17 December 2016 - 06:09 PM

Tyhednus Tried different renderers?

The silver

atmoda12 

Did you do the Run as Admin and Compatibility things mentioned in the first post?

Trần Quốc Bảo Please upload client.log from /Client subfolder that was created after the client crash has happened.

mainbanner.jpg
115776.png

#39 yunru the gundealer

yunru the gundealer
  • Members
  • 126 posts
  •  LET ME SELL YOU A GOOD GUN, EY?

Posted 17 December 2016 - 06:40 PM

found a fairly random bug in Unholy Alliance, you are unable to build an Airforce Command HQ, I even tested with only deploying the Allied MCV and no Airforce Command HQ

i have been getting this problem too, it doesn't seem to matter what map or what team i play as

#40 Speeder

Speeder

#ControlMOre

• Hosted
  • 8,998 posts
  •  Mental Omega Creator

Posted 17 December 2016 - 06:45 PM

yunru the gundealer    Zoar   The Unholy Alliance is known and will be fixed.

mainbanner.jpg
115776.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users