Photo

MO3.3 SUPPORT // Game or Client Crashes & Launch Issues Megathread

Best Answer Speeder, 05 April 2024 - 11:38 AM

news_commonissues.png

This is a list of the most common technical issues that users might encounter trying to play Mental Omega, including using it with Steam/EA App.

The Steam/EA App test fix can be downloaded from our Discord's #support_solutions section for now.

Solutions to these problems on:
- Discord: https://mentalomega.com/discord
(support_solutions & support channels)
Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
1430 replies to this topic

#41 SkywolfGTR

SkywolfGTR
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 07:51 PM

My main executable for YR stops working when I try to play YR and Ra2 flat out won't even start. I'm running on Win10. This didn't happen with 3.0. Any idea what could be causing this? On my first install of 3.3 I simply put the files into my ra2 directory because I have no intention to play online against other people.

#42 Leo Sun

Leo Sun
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 09:20 PM

Can you give us a tutorial on how to patch yuri's revenge? because whenever I try to patch it with YURI-1001 ENGLISH it says "Old file not found. However, a file of the same name was found. No update done since file contents do not match." please help.

Check if you YR is cracked or modded,if not, check for any virus (I had similar problem with exe modifying virus once)

thanks, I was being an idiot, patching something that was already patched xD. Now I'm facing another problem every time I try to Start a Skirmish it'd exit to show a message saying "Fatal Error: Could not load executable file: "gamemd.exe" I have ran them as administrator

#43 Speeder

Speeder

#ControlMOre

• Hosted
  • 8,998 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega
  •  Mental Omega Creator

Posted 17 December 2016 - 10:50 PM

If the game still isn't starting after setting admin rights & compatibility settings, or if it worked before but suddenly stopped, try rebooting the PC. If this works, let us know.

mainbanner.jpg
bt_left.pngbt_fb.pngbt_yt.pngbt_tw.pngbt_md.pngbt_right.png
115776.png

#44 yunru the gundealer

yunru the gundealer
  • Members
  • 126 posts
  •  LET ME SELL YOU A GOOD GUN, EY?

Posted 17 December 2016 - 11:13 PM

yunru the gundealer    Zoar   The Unholy Alliance is known and will be fixed.

thank you :D

#45 SamGardin

SamGardin
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 01:09 AM

Hey, I have an error whenever I try to start a skirmish game; it says that there is a string manager failure.

Edited by SamGardin, 18 December 2016 - 01:12 AM.

#46 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 01:45 AM

In the compatibility settings for gamemd.exe, set the reduced color more to 16bit.

#47 AlexB

AlexB
  • Members
  • 143 posts
  • Projects:Ares, Arda, ...
  •  Your ad here!

Posted 18 December 2016 - 03:33 AM

Crash when starting a multiplayer game
Happens during loading before the game starts. This can indicate that you are using the modified gamemd.exe from MO 3.0. It has an icon that looks flat, with two colors. If that is the case get an unmodified gamemd.exe version 1.001 (CD version, TFD version or UC from origin).

Indicators: IE at 00683BA7, debug.log ends with
----- Starting scnenario: spawnmap.ini -----
Player Count: x
Exception handler fired!
Exception C0000005 at 00683BA7

Crash when starting a singleplayer game
Crash happens only on some PCs on startup. This is most likely because of a strange hacking technique used by Ares. I've already replaced the code with a version that should work. Will be released once it got tested.

Indicators: Syringe.log stack contains 0x0067D1B4 somewhere at the top.

Launcher reappears without ever starting the game
Gamemd.exe most likely has some compatibility settings enabled: Run as administrator, or Windows XP SP3 compat mode. If the game needs to run as admin (when you get a prompt to confirm on startup), Syringe has to be started with admin rights, too. If the client is run with admin rights, then this will happen automatically. Thus, set the same compat settings on the client.

Indicators: Syringe.log reports success, but running time is very short.
[03:17:27] SyringeDebugger::HandleException: Creating code hooks.
[03:17:31] SyringeDebugger::Run: Done.
[03:17:31] WinMain: SyringeDebugger::Run finished.
[03:17:31] WinMain: Exiting on success.

Original game doesn't launch after just being installed
Try to run the game as administrator once. No need to set the compatibility settings, just use the context menu on ra2md.exe.

#48 Trần Quốc Bảo

Trần Quốc Bảo
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 05:04 AM

ZAWADIAKA This is my Cilent.log

Spoiler

Edited by Speeder, 18 December 2016 - 11:19 AM.

#49 naspara

naspara
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 09:40 AM

http://imgur.com/NLOo16m this is my problem. I basically can not do anything

#50 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts
  • Projects:Renegade X: Firestorm
  •  *intensely rolls around*

Posted 18 December 2016 - 09:59 AM

You're not installing this on a hidden folder right?

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

Visit us in Totem Arts site
(Firestorm is still SoonTM)

#51 katmoda12

katmoda12
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 10:03 AM

Thanks everybody:

my issue was resolved with admin rights.

Can i ask here how to change resolution? the client only give the option 1980x1080 and i think objects in-game are too small that give me headhache.

thanks again for any help.

Edited by katmoda12, 18 December 2016 - 10:03 AM.

#52 Thesilver

Thesilver
  • Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 10:48 AM

I have run all the listed programs as administrator and changed the compatibility to xp3 for syringe.exe and yuri's revenge but i still have the same problem where it fails to load gamemd.exe, my syringe remains the same.

[11:45:58] Syringe 0.7.0.6
[11:45:58] ===============

[11:45:58] WinMain: lpCmdLine = ""gamemd.exe" -SPAWN -CD -LOG -SPAWN"
[11:45:58] WinMain: Trying to load executable file "gamemd.exe"...

[11:45:58] SyringeDebugger::RetrieveInfo: Retrieving info from the executable file...
[11:45:58] SyringeDebugger::RetrieveInfo: Failed to open the executable!
[11:46:09] WinMain: ERROR: Could not load executable file, exiting...
[11:46:09] WinMain: Exiting on failure.

katmoda: can't you change the resolution in the ingame options? I believe when i first played 3.0 i also had a giant field of vision and changing it with the options fixed the problem.

Edited by Thesilver, 18 December 2016 - 10:50 AM.

#53 snmiglight

snmiglight
  • Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 11:43 AM

Hey I think found bugs. (I already posted this on Facebook, but I think I need to repost it here) I was listening to Dybbuk Evolver's attack reports, ordering it to attack ground. (without actually making it drop its load; whenever it's close to target area, I order it change target location) After a couple of tries, the plane is no longer reporting, but I can still order it around and when I press "stop", the plane crashed. I tried it multiple times using other Evolvers to see if I just missed something, but same thing happened.

Another is that when playing with EA. I infiltrated Allies', Soviets' and Epsilon's Battle Lab and afterwards, captured their Conyards and built all structures. The Stolen Tech Units that I've only got are: Quickshifter, Lionheart Bomber, Grumble, Apocalypse. Chrono Prison, Syckle, Scavenger, Wormqueen and Dybbuk Seizer didn't appear when I'm supposed to get those as well.

#54 Speeder

Speeder

#ControlMOre

• Hosted
  • 8,998 posts
  •  Mental Omega Creator

Posted 18 December 2016 - 11:57 AM

Just throwing it out here, but it seems that for some people rebooting the PC after setting compatibility and admin rights, which alone didn't fix anything, made the game work. Let us know if it helped you too.

mainbanner.jpg
115776.png

#55 BicycleRepairman

BicycleRepairman
  • Members
  • 9 posts
  •  Foehn Engineer

Posted 18 December 2016 - 01:18 PM

Hi,

I can't get the client to run at all under Debian stretch/sid, Wine 1.8.5 and Mono 4.6:

Unhandled Exception:
System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: Nie znaleziono ścieżki.

at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start_shell (System.Diagnostics.ProcessStartInfo startInfo, System.Diagnostics.Process process) <0x1d27ab0 + 0x00293> in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start_common (System.Diagnostics.ProcessStartInfo startInfo, System.Diagnostics.Process process) <0x1d27920 + 0x00093> in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start (System.Diagnostics.ProcessStartInfo startInfo) <0x1d27550 + 0x0004f> in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start (System.String fileName) <0x1d273b8 + 0x0003b> in <filename unknown>:0 
  at DTALauncherStub.Program.Main (System.String[] args) <0x1d20fa8 + 0x0016f> in <filename unknown>:0 
[ERROR] FATAL UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: Nie znaleziono ┼Ťcie┼╝ki.

at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start_shell (System.Diagnostics.ProcessStartInfo startInfo, System.Diagnostics.Process process) <0x1d27ab0 + 0x00293> in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start_common (System.Diagnostics.ProcessStartInfo startInfo, System.Diagnostics.Process process) <0x1d27920 + 0x00093> in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start (System.Diagnostics.ProcessStartInfo startInfo) <0x1d27550 + 0x0004f> in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start (System.String fileName) <0x1d273b8 + 0x0003b> in <filename unknown>:0 
  at DTALauncherStub.Program.Main (System.String[] args) <0x1d20fa8 + 0x0016f> in <filename unknown>:0 

"nie znaleziono ścieżki" means "path not found"...

Using a 32-bit wineprefix set to Windows 7 mode (doesn't work in WinXP mode either).

Origin and RA2/YR works fine. All clean, no previous MO install in the directory.

Tested MO with Origin RA2/YR on Windows 10 machine I'm building for someone else, and it works, though I didn't have time to play it :).

#56 Thesilver

Thesilver
  • Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 02:38 PM

Restarting the pc didnt help.

But the file gamemd.exe, i assume this is just the game yuri's revenge as this is the file that needed to be 1.001? Anyway, i have all the components of the download placed in the same map that holds yuri's revenge, meaning you can find yuri's revenge, and then above it all the parts of the mod. This was the correct place for the files from the download instruction right? Or am i just an idiot for placing everything in the wrong place?

#57 Speeder

Speeder

#ControlMOre

• Hosted
  • 8,998 posts
  •  Mental Omega Creator

Posted 18 December 2016 - 03:29 PM

Thesilver No, not above it, MO3.3 files and required files from RA2YR1.001 must be in the same directory.

Trần Quốc Bảo You need to install the Media Foundation Platform for the client to work: https://support.micr...i-fi/kb/3010081 or https://www.microsof...s.aspx?id=48231

BicycleRepairman The author of the client can't support Debian cause he doesn't have it.

mainbanner.jpg
115776.png

#58 Ali Mohsen

Ali Mohsen
  • Members
  • 16 posts
  • Projects:No projects

Posted 18 December 2016 - 04:52 PM

Can someone upload his file if the game is working for him. that would save us a lot of time.

#59 BicycleRepairman

BicycleRepairman
  • Members
  • 9 posts
  •  Foehn Engineer

Posted 18 December 2016 - 09:56 PM

I think that my issues may afect any Linux distribution, or even MacOS since it also uses Wine for running Windows apps. May be worth a try.

I did some more attempts; it turned out that this problem occurs if I run the client from outside the RA2/YR directory (I ran it from my home dir).

Now it goes KABOOOOOM! with a message:

"HRESULT: [0x80004005], Module: [General], ApiCode: [E_FAIL/Unspecified error], Message: unknown"

and there is actually a client log:

Spoiler
Am I correct that the MO client is some customized version of Rampastring's CNCNet client - https://github.com/C...a-cncnet-client ? Because I also tried running the DTA and Twisted Insurrection clients, with the same results.

#60 Andrew Cooksey

Andrew Cooksey
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 08:26 AM

Im having an odd problem, I downloaded the mod yesterday and it worked just fine but when i tried launching the client tonight it keeps saying DATlauncher has stopped working, Run as administrator didnt work either. Any ideas?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users