Photo

MO3.3 SUPPORT // Game or Client Crashes & Launch Issues Megathread

Best Answer Speeder, 05 April 2024 - 11:38 AM

news_commonissues.png

This is a list of the most common technical issues that users might encounter trying to play Mental Omega, including using it with Steam/EA App.

The Steam/EA App test fix can be downloaded from our Discord's #support_solutions section for now.

Solutions to these problems on:
- Discord: https://mentalomega.com/discord
(support_solutions & support channels)
Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
1430 replies to this topic

#1101 MyroFightCZE

MyroFightCZE
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 01 October 2018 - 04:38 PM

@Myrofight : Check Windows Defender, it is a very well known culprit

Well the problem is i dont have any antivirus and my windows defender is off. Only my firewall is on.

idk why but im not allowed to post images here :/

#1102 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts
  • Projects:Renegade X: Firestorm
  •  *intensely rolls around*

Posted 02 October 2018 - 01:20 AM

Have you put the exe files to run with admin rights?

If that is true, then restart the comp and try again

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

Visit us in Totem Arts site
(Firestorm is still SoonTM)

#1103 arandompersons

arandompersons
  • Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 02 October 2018 - 07:22 AM

A

Can you post the content of your Syringe.log here?

There are some scenarios here :
1. You may have gamemd that is yet to be patched, or cracked that it is unrecognizeable. Syringe.log will show this

2. If your Syringe.log doesn't show any error, then your antivirus might stop the Syringe.exe without you knoiwwing because its' operation is considered suspicious

I have red alert 2 with yurris revenge on Origin soo i dont see problem with cracked version. Also im not using antivirus. Soo idk where the problem is. Here is the content of Syringe.log i was posting it here as file but it disappered  

Spoiler

AHA! you cannot run the game when origin is active, restart ya PC and don't log into origin. simply close it. then use the mental omega launcher. that MAY fix it! you CANNOT be signed into origin for the mental omega client to function correctly. i got that issue anyways, it MIGHT. just might. fix the issue!

as said before. fully restart ya PC then run the mental omega client. ignore origin and just run the client.

Edited by arandompersons, 02 October 2018 - 07:26 AM.

#1104 Firza Gerivaldi

Firza Gerivaldi
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 October 2018 - 10:47 AM

Hello guys, I'm new player to MO mod, I have seen this mod in Youtube and I was interested to download and play it. However, everytime I click launch after setting up in skirmish mode, it force closed and said "Fatal Error", I have followed the instructions carefully and re-tried the procedure and checked allowed app in firewall.. it still "Fatal Error".. Can anyone help please, thank you for your attention..
I'll put the syringe log

Spoiler

Update.. Heres the Debug log

Spoiler

Edited by Firza Gerivaldi, 02 October 2018 - 12:48 PM.

#1105 MyroFightCZE

MyroFightCZE
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 02 October 2018 - 04:56 PM

Have you put the exe files to run with admin rights?

If that is true, then restart the comp and try again

I have it at run with admin rights and restarted pc before i even ask here. Didnt helped me.

A

Can you post the content of your Syringe.log here?

There are some scenarios here :
1. You may have gamemd that is yet to be patched, or cracked that it is unrecognizeable. Syringe.log will show this

2. If your Syringe.log doesn't show any error, then your antivirus might stop the Syringe.exe without you knoiwwing because its' operation is considered suspicious

I have red alert 2 with yurris revenge on Origin soo i dont see problem with cracked version. Also im not using antivirus. Soo idk where the problem is. Here is the content of Syringe.log i was posting it here as file but it disappered  

Spoiler

AHA! you cannot run the game when origin is active, restart ya PC and don't log into origin. simply close it. then use the mental omega launcher. that MAY fix it! you CANNOT be signed into origin for the mental omega client to function correctly. i got that issue anyways, it MIGHT. just might. fix the issue!

as said before. fully restart ya PC then run the mental omega client. ignore origin and just run the client.

Thank you. I tryed that but didnt solved the problem. :( Im thinking about reinstalling my computer completely but i have many important things here now and there are also some things that i cant delete until i get permission from one guy but i wont tell anything about that now. 

#1106 MyroFightCZE

MyroFightCZE
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 02 October 2018 - 05:05 PM

I tryed to run map editor too. And its saying Mental Omega is not installed completely but it is... i did every single step :(

log:

Spoiler

#1107 arandompersons

arandompersons
  • Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 03 October 2018 - 01:15 AM

I tryed to run map editor too. And its saying Mental Omega is not installed completely but it is... i did every single step :(

log:

Spoiler

did you also download the audio files? the game wont run without em. both have to be downloaded separately aka the game files and the audio files.

Edited by arandompersons, 03 October 2018 - 01:16 AM.

#1108 Firza Gerivaldi

Firza Gerivaldi
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 October 2018 - 06:35 AM

log:

Spoiler

did you also download the audio files? the game wont run without em. both have to be downloaded separately aka the game files and the audio files.

You sure its the audio files? but in moddb said it was optional..

#1109 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 03 October 2018 - 12:20 PM

You don't need the music files. The game runs fine without 'em

I forgot, are you on Windows 8/10? If so, did you set all the exe files to run on Windows XP SP 3 compatibility?

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

#1110 Firza Gerivaldi

Firza Gerivaldi
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 October 2018 - 01:04 PM

I'm windows 10..yes i have followed all the instructions carefully, set all to administrator, compatibility to XP SP3 to all 3 files, 16 bit color, experimenting renderer in MO client and in-game resolution, making sure not blocked, restarting PC, updating drivers to the latest.. The probability here is, I didn't have the original of C&C.. 

Edited by Firza Gerivaldi, 03 October 2018 - 01:04 PM.

#1111 MyroFightCZE

MyroFightCZE
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 03 October 2018 - 02:27 PM

You don't need the music files. The game runs fine without 'em

I forgot, are you on Windows 8/10? If so, did you set all the exe files to run on Windows XP SP 3 compatibility?

I have Windows 8 and i did that already. Still have the problem. 

#1112 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 03 October 2018 - 03:10 PM

@Firza syringe.log will tell you if the modified version can't be used. If it's not cracked, tho, you can try updating it

@Myro and you ran as an admin? Can I ask where your MO is? Is it in Drive C?

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

#1113 MyroFightCZE

MyroFightCZE
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 04 October 2018 - 02:50 PM

@Myro and you ran as an admin? Can I ask where your MO is? Is it in Drive C?

Yes im running as admin too. My MO is installed here: C:\Users\Dvořák\Desktop\Hry\Command and Conquer\MO

#1114 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 04 October 2018 - 03:18 PM

Hmmm

Do you have Drive D? If so, try moving your MO there

Also, as a side note, putting apps and folders in desktop is never a good idea in general

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

#1115 MyroFightCZE

MyroFightCZE
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 04 October 2018 - 05:43 PM

Hmmm

Do you have Drive D? If so, try moving your MO there

Also, as a side note, putting apps and folders in desktop is never a good idea in general

Yes i have drive D. Thank you didnt tryed that but still i have same problem. Launcher is working well but when i start the game it just wont start it seems like it loading something but game wont start and its showing Launcher again. Im thinking only about one thing.... reinstalling my computer completely :(

#1116 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 05 October 2018 - 01:26 AM

It really looks like Windows Defender symptoms, but you said you've turned it off... I dunno what else could be wrong really

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

#1117 MasterfulPyro

MasterfulPyro
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 October 2018 - 09:19 PM

I'm going to attempt to describe this problem as best I can. Once I update to MO 3.3.4 and I start playing it seems that the game skips frames,and is twitchy and sluggish, cursor moves janky, it's as if the animations in game are skipping frames and not fully animating, it does this on any game speed, MO still claims I'm getting around 60 fps. Normal YR is fine, and the previous version of MO was fine, I've recorded some videos of the problem with my cellphone.

#1118 BlackGandalf

BlackGandalf
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 October 2018 - 03:13 AM

Hi why i cant pick or play the missions .The launch tab in campaign not working anymore,ive just finish the allied mission 22 and want to try the soviet unfortunate the launch tab not working and i tried it to allied mission tab too and not working anymore too.

#1119 goldenguard95

goldenguard95
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 October 2018 - 12:22 AM

Hello. Im having this little problem, and i dont really know what to do. Everytime im trying to launch Map Editor of Mental Omega... it does says that "Syringe cannot be run just like that". The game on itself runs perfectly... but the map editor just wont start up.

This is what was written in syringe log :

[02:20:56] Syringe 0.7.2.0
[02:20:56] ===============

[02:20:56] WinMain: arguments = "fa2mo.dat"
[02:21:12] WinMain: No or invalid command line arguments given, exiting...
[02:21:12] WinMain: Exiting on failure.

Edited by goldenguard95, 11 October 2018 - 12:24 AM.

#1120 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 11 October 2018 - 12:45 AM

Kinda sounds like something went wrong with the update

Hi why i cant pick or play the missions .The launch tab in campaign not working anymore,ive just finish the allied mission 22 and want to try the soviet unfortunate the launch tab not working and i tried it to allied mission tab too and not working anymore too.

Does Skirmish still work fine?

Edited by Handepsilon, 11 October 2018 - 12:47 AM.

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users