Photo

MO3.3 SUPPORT // Game or Client Crashes & Launch Issues Megathread

Best Answer Speeder, 05 April 2024 - 11:38 AM

news_commonissues.png

This is a list of the most common technical issues that users might encounter trying to play Mental Omega, including using it with Steam/EA App.

The Steam/EA App test fix can be downloaded from our Discord's #support_solutions section for now.

Solutions to these problems on:
- Discord: https://mentalomega.com/discord
(support_solutions & support channels)
Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
1430 replies to this topic

#1081 Terminal Velocity

Terminal Velocity

title available

• Members
  • 251 posts

Posted 23 September 2018 - 04:30 PM

Crashed on the Timekiller Challenge.

Debug.log:

Spoiler

Syringe.log:

Spoiler

MO2.0 Ares Port (Beta):

https://drive.google...BIYEYXz7u8KCAMr

My maps:

#1082 arandompersons

arandompersons
  • Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 25 September 2018 - 07:59 PM

the firestorm challenge i think it is, is virtually unbeatable since the a.i crashes the game after the first and or third harbinger bombardment when playing with other people. its not even laggy. it just crashes for no reason.

#1083 arandompersons

arandompersons
  • Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 25 September 2018 - 08:00 PM

the firestorm challenge i think it is, is virtually unbeatable since the a.i crashes the game after the first and or third harbinger bombardment when playing with other people. its not even laggy. it just crashes for no reason.

edit: it crashes the game through a desync and or disconnect i think.

it disconnects us ( other people i am playing with ) from each other mostly i think

Edited by arandompersons, 25 September 2018 - 08:02 PM.

#1084 DjReplica

DjReplica
  • Members
  • 23 posts
  •  Lurker

Posted 25 September 2018 - 08:22 PM

Hello

I've been playing mental omega from 2.0 and i've noticed something bizarre, the new missions in 3.3.4 are causing microstuttering and noticeable screen tearing dropping the fps in fullmetal, brothers in arms, gridlock and great beyond(even the video by speeder at the start showcases a microstutter at the start). Contrary to this, the mission Relentless which i'll coin as a benchmark for having lot of units and action on a map did not cause any fps drops as previously was very playable for me, with the addition that any missions till 3.3.3 are not causing fps drops. 

The moment it drops and microstutters, is when I'm moving the camera in certain points of the map
(Fullmetal, on the starting position)
(Brothers in Arms, south of krukov and reznov where the radar tower is)
(Gridlock, The introduction sequence)
(Great Beyond, after 30 minutes ingame, it causes fps drops in the middle)

I have changed all 6 renderers and tested fullmetal with all 6, ddwrapper making it worse(dropping fps for the whole mission to 10) and nothing different for the other 5

I also used the back buffer, and nothing was noticeably different as well

https://streamable.com/cpau7

I have reinstalled the game and have the same problem

specs:
i3-2020
nvidia gtx690
ram 16gb
windows10

I appreciate any help I can get :)

Edited by DjReplica, 25 September 2018 - 08:48 PM.

#1085 ConnorWalshy

ConnorWalshy
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 September 2018 - 08:47 PM

Hi there,

I have installed MO and Yuri’s Revenge correctly, set the files to XP3 and run as admin.

I am not getting any crashes but when I start the game, it only seems to show half the screen(?) with bad frame rate. If I was to move the mouse I am then unable to scroll back to my last location. The display where it shows my map and build tabs also is not showing.

I have tried all the renders and nothing is working.

Anyone have any tips please?

Thank you

#1086 Meyerm

Meyerm

Commisar

• Members
  • 716 posts

Posted 27 September 2018 - 03:10 PM

The game won't run. The launcher works fine, but when I actually try to play a map/mission, it goes to black screen for a second then exits back to the launch like nothing happened. 

Spoiler

#1087 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 27 September 2018 - 06:01 PM

Sometimes happens to me, restarting my PC usually fixes it.

#1088 MyroFightCZE

MyroFightCZE
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 27 September 2018 - 06:45 PM

Hello! I decided to play Mental Omega again. Soo today i installed it i did every step correctly but i have a problem with the game and i cant get rid of it. Its this: I start the game everything will load normally in launcher then i select singleplayer i select mission and difficulty and then start the game. But game wont start all it does is showing me launcher again. I dont know where the problem is. Im sending you Syringe.log i hope theres any fix for this because i want to play Mental Omega at college soo badly now :D

#1089 Meyerm

Meyerm

Commisar

• Members
  • 716 posts

Posted 27 September 2018 - 08:52 PM

That seemed to work, thanks. 

#1090 arandompersons

arandompersons
  • Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 27 September 2018 - 10:54 PM

Hello! I decided to play Mental Omega again. Soo today i installed it i did every step correctly but i have a problem with the game and i cant get rid of it. Its this: I start the game everything will load normally in launcher then i select singleplayer i select mission and difficulty and then start the game. But game wont start all it does is showing me launcher again. I dont know where the problem is. Im sending you Syringe.log i hope theres any fix for this because i want to play Mental Omega at college soo badly now :D

make sure you go to options in the starting menu area and make sure to set it to full screen. that may fix the issue. it will only set the in-game matches to full screen so don't worry too much.

Edited by arandompersons, 27 September 2018 - 10:55 PM.

#1091 MyroFightCZE

MyroFightCZE
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 September 2018 - 05:38 PM

make sure you go to options in the starting menu area and make sure to set it to full screen. that may fix the issue. it will only set the in-game matches to full screen so don't worry too much.

Thanks for your reply i tryed to set it to fullscreen but still i have same problem.

#1092 arandompersons

arandompersons
  • Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 28 September 2018 - 08:16 PM

Thanks for your reply i tryed to set it to fullscreen but still i have same problem.

wait. this may also help, if you are running the game version of 3.3.4 aka the most recent version currently, try running the game in administrator mode. that "may" also fix the issue. sadly, i don't know of anything else that could help but this... might work.

#1093 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts
  • Projects:Renegade X: Firestorm
  •  *intensely rolls around*

Posted 29 September 2018 - 06:09 PM

Can you post the content of your Syringe.log here?

There are some scenarios here :
1. You may have gamemd that is yet to be patched, or cracked that it is unrecognizeable. Syringe.log will show this

2. If your Syringe.log doesn't show any error, then your antivirus might stop the Syringe.exe without you knoiwwing because its' operation is considered suspicious

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

Visit us in Totem Arts site
(Firestorm is still SoonTM)

#1094 isaac103

isaac103

title available

• Members
  • 357 posts

Posted 29 September 2018 - 08:45 PM

So my game just crashed to desktop while playing Ultimate Alliance on Bay of Pigs 3.

Here's my debug log:

Spoiler

And here's my syringe log:

Spoiler

#1095 MyroFightCZE

MyroFightCZE
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 30 September 2018 - 10:53 AM

wait. this may also help, if you are running the game version of 3.3.4 aka the most recent version currently, try running the game in administrator mode. that "may" also fix the issue. sadly, i don't know of anything else that could help but this... might work.

Already tryed that too. I have it as default.

#1096 MyroFightCZE

MyroFightCZE
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 30 September 2018 - 10:57 AM

1. You may have gamemd that is yet to be patched, or cracked that it is unrecognizeable. Syringe.log will show this

2. If your Syringe.log doesn't show any error, then your antivirus might stop the Syringe.exe without you knoiwwing because its' operation is considered suspicious

I have red alert 2 with yurris revenge on Origin soo i dont see problem with cracked version. Also im not using antivirus. Soo idk where the problem is. Here is the content of Syringe.log i was posting it here as file but it disappered  

Spoiler

#1097 AlexB

AlexB
  • Members
  • 143 posts
  • Projects:Ares, Arda, ...
  •  Your ad here!

Posted 30 September 2018 - 02:16 PM

So my game just crashed to desktop while playing Ultimate Alliance on Bay of Pigs 3.

I don't know why, but it looks like a locomotor issue with an aircraft that was currently repaired on a pad. Do you know what the aircraft at that moment was doing or whether it was attacked by something? Alas I can't tell you who owned it or whether you even saw it.

I have red alert 2 with yurris revenge on Origin soo i dont see problem with cracked version. Also im not using antivirus. Soo idk where the problem is. Here is the content of Syringe.log i was posting it here as file but it disappered

Something does prevent the game from starting. The exe is shut down while Syringe adds the hooks, which could be because of an antivirus program or a firewall.

#1098 disharmonized

disharmonized
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 September 2018 - 08:14 PM

Hey everybody, sorry if this has already been discussed, but anyway: every time I run the game and after several minutes of playing it gets switched like ALT+TAB has been pressed. Is it known issue? How can I resolve it?

#1099 isaac103

isaac103

title available

• Members
  • 357 posts

Posted 30 September 2018 - 11:28 PM

I don't know why, but it looks like a locomotor issue with an aircraft that was currently repaired on a pad. Do you know what the aircraft at that moment was doing or whether it was attacked by something? Alas I can't tell you who owned it or whether you even saw it.

Something does prevent the game from starting. The exe is shut down while Syringe adds the hooks, which could be because of an antivirus program or a firewall.

I did not see the aircraft that was causing the issue.

#1100 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts
  • Projects:Renegade X: Firestorm
  •  *intensely rolls around*

Posted 30 September 2018 - 11:55 PM

@Myrofight : Check Windows Defender, it is a very well known culprit

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

Visit us in Totem Arts site