Photo

MO3.3 SUPPORT // Game or Client Crashes & Launch Issues Megathread

Best Answer Speeder, 05 April 2024 - 11:38 AM

news_commonissues.png

This is a list of the most common technical issues that users might encounter trying to play Mental Omega, including using it with Steam/EA App.

The Steam/EA App test fix can be downloaded from our Discord's #support_solutions section for now.

Solutions to these problems on:
- Discord: https://mentalomega.com/discord
(support_solutions & support channels)
Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
1430 replies to this topic

#1141 Polaris Starnor

Polaris Starnor
  • Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 24 November 2018 - 03:47 AM

Hello there,

I would want to address update error which when it was finishing up the update for patch 334, it stopped working. Also the mentalomegaclient failed to start. :(

Is there anything that I can fix?

Thanks

The client update doesn’t work, get it of the moddb website and install it manually

#1142 DeeJazz

DeeJazz
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 December 2018 - 02:57 PM

Hello everyone,

I need your help with something. I have MO 3.3.4 and I try play. But problem is that I can't load campaing or skrimish. For example, I try to launch map in skrimish, there is communicate "game in progress" but then is comeback to menu skirmish. Maybe there is some fix patch for that ? 

thank you in advance.

#1143 isaac103

isaac103

title available

• Members
  • 357 posts

Posted 27 December 2018 - 04:52 PM

Hello everyone,

I need your help with something. I have MO 3.3.4 and I try play. But problem is that I can't load campaing or skrimish. For example, I try to launch map in skrimish, there is communicate "game in progress" but then is comeback to menu skirmish. Maybe there is some fix patch for that ? 

thank you in advance.

Restart your computer and try again. This always seems to be the case with these kinds of mods. 

#1144 AstinGilbert

AstinGilbert
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 December 2018 - 04:30 PM

I played this game just fine until today(31/12/2018) the game now when launched it's open the base Yuri's Revenge Game not Mental Omega

#1145 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts
  • Projects:Renegade X: Firestorm
  •  *intensely rolls around*

Posted 01 January 2019 - 03:10 AM

Try restarting computer. If that doesn't work, check if your anti virus (including Windows Defender) has blocked your Syringe.exe

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

Visit us in Totem Arts site
(Firestorm is still SoonTM)

#1146 AstinGilbert

AstinGilbert
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 January 2019 - 06:21 PM

Try restarting computer. If that doesn't work, check if your anti virus (including Windows Defender) has blocked your Syringe.exe

Thx i actually forgotten to restart the PC. This morning worked just fine

#1147 Tomb Deathwing

Tomb Deathwing
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 January 2019 - 07:37 PM

this one here is a pretty consistent crash to desktop..no othe rmods here

Spoiler

#1148 Tempest_Control

Tempest_Control
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 January 2019 - 07:42 PM

Is there a way to get the game running properly in 1920x1080 Resolution? When I try running it using TSDdraw it still makes my screen 1280x720 and won't let me force it back to 1920x1080 meaning that everything is focussed at the top right of my screen. I can't figure out how to actually get it to function, any help?

#1149 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 04 January 2019 - 11:46 PM

Try different renderer? DDrawCompat for example?

Tbh it would only enlarge your map view and makes everything extra small tbh. You'd never get any form of 'HDness' with it

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

#1150 Callisto D. Castillo

Callisto D. Castillo
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 January 2019 - 05:31 PM

Both I and my brother have this same problem of not being able to enter the Game Menu. To be specific, we both use Win10 and has the game runs perfectly (though not as smooth on mine but still playable) until we try to use the ingame Menu to save or to configurate the buttons, the whole thing just freeze (music still play) and we have to use Task Manger to shut the Yuri Revenge down (no prob with the Client). If we switch tabs then come back to it, the screen turns black, otherwise, we wait forever and nothing showed up, the last image is your game being permanently paused and lost. Have tried it in Skirmishes and not matter it be against A.I, goes alone into the map with no A.I or an A.I only battle, the bug is there, can this problem possibly be fixed for Win10? Everything was so perfect but that was the biggest letdown for both of us :(

#1151 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 10 January 2019 - 12:16 AM

The problem is the Win 10 itself, unfortunately. RA2 is too old to be run there. The freezing menu (which is actually not a freeze at all. The UI is just invisible) can be fixed by using other renderer in client settings (such as DDrawCompat. It might fix the alt tab too, but don't count on it.

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

#1152 Callisto D. Castillo

Callisto D. Castillo
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 January 2019 - 01:16 PM

The problem is the Win 10 itself, unfortunately. RA2 is too old to be run there. The freezing menu (which is actually not a freeze at all. The UI is just invisible) can be fixed by using other renderer in client settings (such as DDrawCompat. It might fix the alt tab too, but don't count on it.

Holy, it actually works for me now, just when I thought I could never play the game anymore despite the effort and time spent to fix a lot of bugs I encountered with Win10 ;,) Have to get my bro to reinstall and play now, changing the renderer really works out great, my utmost gratitude for your help, bro, cheers! :D

#1153 CrimsonRaider

CrimsonRaider
  • Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 14 January 2019 - 07:25 AM

Do Win10 updates interfere with the game? I'm using the mentioned OS since I have the mod, but no problems until yesterday. Every time I launch the game (first time since turning on the computer), it does not start, just a black flash, and returns to the client immediately. No error messages, nothing, and changing the renderer/reinstalling the mod doesn't help. The only solution is restarting -NOT turning off and on- the PC. And after succesfully launching the game, it takes almost a minute to load. Before it took ~8 seconds.

#1154 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 14 January 2019 - 08:12 AM

There was one update that totally messed up MO, and CNCNet as a whole, actually (1704 I think?) and made it so Win10 players could not play online until after the next update. I won't be surprised if more update would mess up this old game

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

#1155 delta141

delta141
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 January 2019 - 04:42 PM

Hello everyone,

I have problem launching game. Game executable keeps going black and windows error sound pops up, freezes. I had to use Windows button to get out of that, then I see 'Yuri's Revenge has encountered a fatal error! Would you like to create a full crash report for the developers?'.

I set every executables(RA2.exe, RA2MD.exe, gamemd, Syringe and client file) to administer launch options and tried every compatiability settings, used both First Decade and Original CD files, but no effort.

Is there anyway I can fix this error?

Thanks in advance.

(PS. OS Win 10, x64)

#1156 delta141

delta141
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 January 2019 - 04:11 AM

There was one update that totally messed up MO, and CNCNet as a whole, actually (1704 I think?) and made it so Win10 players could not play online until after the next update. I won't be surprised if more update would mess up this old game

Maybe I got my answer from this. It's totally Win10's fault, isn't it?

#1157 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 28 January 2019 - 04:11 AM

could be, could be not. Have you checked if your antivirus (including Windows Defender) has set up exception on the game folder?

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

#1158 Jasher20

Jasher20
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 January 2019 - 05:09 AM

When i click launch game in skirmish and campaign the launcher goes away and then comes back and the game does not launch I've tried all of the different render options, I've set everything as admin and the game (Red alert 2 yr) plays just fine with the CnC net launcher, not sure what to do.

#1159 CrimsonRaider

CrimsonRaider
  • Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 28 January 2019 - 07:08 AM

When i click launch game in skirmish and campaign the launcher goes away and then comes back and the game does not launch I've tried all of the different render options, I've set everything as admin and the game (Red alert 2 yr) plays just fine with the CnC net launcher, not sure what to do.

Windows 10? Restart your computer - maybe even 4-5 times (do NOT turn it off and on, because it "sets itself to default", and the game won't launch again.) Maybe this help, I had the same problem, however it seems this problem is ogne now, I don't know why. I did not check the windows updates yet.

#1160 John1689

John1689
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 January 2019 - 03:36 PM

Good Day!
Recently I have installed the Mod (Followed all compatibility instructions and fixes and all of the installation instructions) but when i try to launch a skirmish game it crashes and then it goes back to the main menu. This is getting a bit frustrating because again i have tried all of the fixes and solutions that i can find in the internet so far. Anyways help is really appreciated because i heard that the mod is great. i have attached a log in this reply thanks!

Spoiler

Edited by Speeder, 30 January 2019 - 10:15 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users