MO3.3 SUPPORT // Game or Client Crashes & Launch Issues Megathread

• Please log in to reply
1193 replies to this topic

#1181 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Mapper and Mix Hacker

• Members
  • 2,061 posts
  •  No, I don't main PsiCorps. I suck at it.

Posted 04 March 2019 - 12:09 AM

There's nothing wrong with your game version. I think it was just a typo in the version number.

When you said CnCNet client, did you mean the one that came with MO or the one used for vanilla YR? Both are incompatible to use on the same folder, so you will need to make separate folder for MO (as per installation instruction in website)

On the other hand, the game seems to be working fine dfor you. The only problem is that your game launches slowly. How good is your computer?

Edited by Handepsilon, 04 March 2019 - 12:10 AM.

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

(Sorry for any double posts, my mobile browser is messed up atm)

#1182 Im#NuMBeR1

Im#NuMBeR1
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 March 2019 - 01:04 AM

There's nothing wrong with your game version. I think it was just a typo in the version number.

When you said CnCNet client, did you mean the one that came with MO or the one used for vanilla YR? Both are incompatible to use on the same folder, so you will need to make separate folder for MO (as per installation instruction in website)

On the other hand, the game seems to be working fine dfor you. The only problem is that your game launches slowly. How good is your computer?

CPU: AMD FX 6300 3.5GHz

RAM: 16GB

GPU: Radeon R9 280X

Mental Omega online starts launching as soon as (and only as soon as) my friend (or anyone I try to game with) already loads into the game, then once it starts saying I've disconnected and the friend has been claimed victorious, my game will then load and then say "You are victorious". I can load in on Skirmish fine.

All 3 of the files are set to run as admin, and set as XP SP3 compatibility.

#1183 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Mapper and Mix Hacker

• Members
  • 2,061 posts

Posted 04 March 2019 - 01:09 AM

Your Operating System as well as your renderer settings?

Also, did you open anything that might eat away processor and RAM? (Web Browser for example) The game runs only with single core

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

#1184 Im#NuMBeR1

Im#NuMBeR1
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 March 2019 - 01:19 AM

Your Operating System as well as your renderer settings?

Also, did you open anything that might eat away processor and RAM? (Web Browser for example) The game runs only with single core

Windows 10 Pro x64, same as my friend. My friend has an i7 7700K 8 Core 4.2GHz, 16GB, GTX 1080 8GB. My GPU is a 3GB though. I left the renderer stuff alone and didn't configure it. We can play CNCNet perfectly fine without issues, it's just MO that I have an issue with.

#1185 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Mapper and Mix Hacker

• Members
  • 2,061 posts

Posted 04 March 2019 - 01:24 AM

Try setting the renderer to be DDrawCompat then. MO for Win 8 an 10 usually needs renderer change

GPU in MO is meaningless btw. The game takes memory processing into account the most

Edited by Handepsilon, 04 March 2019 - 01:25 AM.

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

#1186 Im#NuMBeR1

Im#NuMBeR1
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 March 2019 - 01:32 AM

Try setting the renderer to be DDrawCompat then. MO for Win 8 an 10 usually needs renderer change

GPU in MO is meaningless btw. The game takes memory processing into account the most

Okay. Does it matter though that my game is Origin and it's like v1.1.x something? I also tried to install CnCNet to a different folder outside of the game install and it wouldn't work. Do I just install MO into a different folder? Last time it nagged at me wanting to be installed with the games files where CnCNet was.

Edited by Im#NuMBeR1, 04 March 2019 - 01:33 AM.

#1187 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Mapper and Mix Hacker

• Members
  • 2,061 posts

Posted 04 March 2019 - 01:59 AM

Usually people install MO elsewhere from RA2. mentalomega.com/Install will tell you what you need. Aside from the MO files, you also need 7(?) Files from YR folder for it to work (listed in the install guide), otherwise the client will return an error because the files cannot be found.

And as I said earlier, that version numbering could just be a typo. You have the right version, don.t worry. There has always only been one patch for YR, and origin version always has the latest patch

Edited by Handepsilon, 04 March 2019 - 02:00 AM.

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

#1188 Im#NuMBeR1

Im#NuMBeR1
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 March 2019 - 04:23 PM

Usually people install MO elsewhere from RA2. mentalomega.com/Install will tell you what you need. Aside from the MO files, you also need 7(?) Files from YR folder for it to work (listed in the install guide), otherwise the client will return an error because the files cannot be found.

And as I said earlier, that version numbering could just be a typo. You have the right version, don.t worry. There has always only been one patch for YR, and origin version always has the latest patch

Thank you for your help!

#1189 Moizez102

Moizez102
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 March 2019 - 05:08 AM

Hello! I am having a problem with the launcher of Mental Omega, manjaro linux with wine 4.2, I do not know why but it gives me the following error: "CnC.net has crashed. Error message: Unable to map SID: S-1-5-21- 0-0-0-1000 "

already try to change the wine version to 32 bits, and also try to run the "clientxna"

I searched for my error but I could not find anything about it

please help, I really want to play the mod

(sorry for my bad english btw)

Edited by Moizez102, 06 March 2019 - 05:09 AM.

#1190 zpimp

zpimp
  • Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 10 March 2019 - 09:45 PM

for linux read my post here https://github.com/C...lient/issues/59

it seems to be easier to play on linux than on windows

if you have any problems with this game on linux, message me

#1191 FireFlame

FireFlame
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 March 2019 - 08:36 PM

When I start a campaign mission or a skirmish game I get a black screen, I followed all the instructions and everything, can you help? I'm excited to play this mod.

#1192 FireFlame

FireFlame
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

When I start a campaign mission or a skirmish game I get a black screen, I followed all the instructions and everything, can you help? I'm excited to play this mod.

#1193 FireFlame

FireFlame
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

#1194 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Mapper and Mix Hacker

• Members
  • 2,061 posts

Posted Today, 01:18 AM

I will assume that the triple post was an accident.

Check app's compatibility mode, set all executables to run to with Windows XP SP2. Also use another renderer other than the default. DDraw Compat works for Win 8 and 10 I think

Edited by Handepsilon, Today, 01:18 AM.

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users