2298 replies to this topic

#761 Flandre

Flandre

Saury Hunter

• Members
  • 311 posts
  •  Defense Order

Posted 20 March 2017 - 11:34 AM

I do think that Sino-PF alliance is all Yuri's plan.

Besides I don't think not all members of PF agree to it

Soviets: IRON CURTAINS EVERYWHERE! NUKES FOR EVERYONE!

Epsilon: PSYCHIC BEACONS EVERYWHERE! YURI IS LOVE! YURI IS LIFE!

Allies: I might have more than one Chronosphere...

Soviets and Epsilon: BLASPHEMY!

Allies: (later) I got Weather Crystals for one Weather Control Device...

Soviets and Epsilon: I KILL YOU!

Allies: Screw you, lads.

When the PF pretends they know nothing then shows up that they had spares

14575378650100.jpg

3qPyjQ8.png

#762 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts
  • Projects:Renegade X: Firestorm
  •  *intensely rolls around*

Posted 20 March 2017 - 11:43 AM

Didn't he admit in Singularity briefing that even he did not foresee that?

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

Visit us in Totem Arts site
(Firestorm is still SoonTM)

#763 GuardianGI

GuardianGI
  • Members
  • 214 posts
  •  Just a warmongering peacekeeper...

Posted 20 March 2017 - 12:20 PM

Didn't he admit in Singularity briefing that even he did not foresee that?

He did say that :p

Don't mind me, I'm just pretty broke nowadays...

Spoiler

#764 Flandre

Flandre

Saury Hunter

• Members
  • 311 posts
  •  Defense Order

Posted 20 March 2017 - 03:12 PM

Well he is the one responsible for sending the Chinese force (mind control) in PF territory, the weirdness of the situation force the Chinese Government to find a way to explain to the Russians but decided to plan something with the PF as we can see later.

3qPyjQ8.png

#765 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 03:49 PM

Not exactly, he's just invited to the invasion. If you see Side Effect, the Soviet would also question why PF is attacking them when Chinese has set their feet there. The treaty between them had already begun far before Yuri gave the Chinese a Psychic Beacon. Some part of PF (like Norio and Kanegawa Industries) doesn't agree to this though

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

#766 Gameman112358

Gameman112358
  • Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 11:06 PM

I don't think the entirety of Pacific Front allied with China, only Japan.

Also, STILL nothing about the southern Pacific Front. They might just be their own subfaction now.

Japan wanted to, for sure, I will admit I'm not sure about the rest being in on this though (South Korea, for example; they were having a ceasefire with North Korea from the looks of it, so I kinda assumed South Korea was in on it too).

The main problem though is that it might as well be almost the entirety of the Pacific Front; looking at the maps where PF is based from (Skirmish screen; not the most reliable at times, but it's what we got), the major powers in the PF are Japan and Korea. Like you said, We've heard nothing about Australia's involvement within the Pacific Front. Nor do we know about any other members of the PF. The main members are Japan and Korea from what I saw, and one wanted to join China, and the other was sorta going along with it. So it may as well be the entirety of the PF wanting to be with China except for a few small groups and individuals like Kanegawa Industries and Norio. That's why I don't really feel too bad about PF losing their countries to China, getting beaten up, etc. Because 95% of the PF are traitors to the Allies, no questions about it.

Not exactly, he's just invited to the invasion. If you see Side Effect, the Soviet would also question why PF is attacking them when Chinese has set their feet there. The treaty between them had already begun far before Yuri gave the Chinese a Psychic Beacon. Some part of PF (like Norio and Kanegawa Industries) doesn't agree to this though

So PF and China were already planning to stab Soviet Russia in the back, even before Yuri started to make his own plans to undermine the Soviets (Russia, specifically). Not surprising; the countries involved (China, PF members Japan and South Korea) have a history of stabbing their allies in the back. In this mod, China did this to the Soviets, while the PF did this to the Allies. Go figure. XD

Like I told Solais, Norio is only one man compared to the overall PF military. One man cannot win a war, as they say (inb4 someone proves me wrong with in-game evidence. XD). Kanegawa Industries, while making some very strong contributions to the Allies (Cryocopter, helping to build the Paradox Engine), are only one weapon firm. They were reliant on the PF military to protect them while they did their work, and the PF military did a pretty sh*t job at that. China was all over Japan according to the campaign, and reading the Harbinger's and Future Tank Alpha's respective descriptions, it sounds like KI's research labs and factories were either shut down or taken over by the Chinese, with KI executives essentially giving up after realizing that the PF is doing a really sh*tty job defending their countries. Most of the PF wanted to go along with China, regardless of the misgivings of individuals like Norio and groups like KI. And they were punished like the traitors they were (See: Rewarded as a Traitor Deserves).

#767 umbracatervae

umbracatervae

Might Makes Right

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 06:36 AM

If Singularity didn't happen back then, Empire of the Rising Sun could be born.

8gxY9XM.jpg

#768 Wayward Winds

Wayward Winds
  • Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 10:22 AM

Hooray for Yuri then!  I hate the Empire of the Rising Sun.

Edited by Wayward Winds, 22 March 2017 - 10:22 AM.

#769 umbracatervae

umbracatervae

Might Makes Right

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 10:39 AM

Because of the anime robots and a lost school girl? lol :lol:

8gxY9XM.jpg

#770 Wayward Winds

Wayward Winds
  • Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 12:45 PM

No, more because they came out of nowhere and (to me) just didn't fit.  RA3 was loony anyway, but there was still some measure of seriousness to the Allies and Soviets (and genuinely amusing stuff from the Ackerman and Cherdenko).  The Empire's characterisation was just over top can't-stop-laughing in a bad way.

(And for the record, I generally like anime robots).

...I'll admit Yuri had his share of loony units and ideas in YR as well, but he still came across as genuinely threatening (not to mention creepy).  And he actually has a proper backstory.

Anyway, back to the thread topic.  Does it say anywhere which part of the Pacific Front we encounter in Stormbringer?  I'm of the opinion that the PF is still split between pro-Chinese and pro-rest-of-the-Allies blocs (hey, everyone's pretty aware of Yuri at this point, it doesn't take a genius to consider the idea he might have been responsible for that incident down in Korea), and that we've just come across a part of a pro-Allies splinter group.  Norio was there, and last we saw of him he'd defected from the PF proper because of the alliance with China.  Would he just go slinking back to the pro-China PF?  Would he be accepted back?

Edited by Wayward Winds, 22 March 2017 - 12:50 PM.

#771 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 01:20 PM

Somehow, I think that we might learn that from the Act2 first mission briefings; about what happened during the 2 year skip.

#772 umbracatervae

umbracatervae

Might Makes Right

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 01:26 PM

No, more because they came out of nowhere and (to me) just didn't fit.  RA3 was loony anyway, but there was still some measure of seriousness to the Allies and Soviets (and genuinely amusing stuff from the Ackerman and Cherdenko).  The Empire's characterisation was just over top can't-stop-laughing in a bad way.

(And for the record, I generally like anime robots).

...I'll admit Yuri had his share of loony units and ideas in YR as well, but he still came across as genuinely threatening (not to mention creepy).  And he actually has a proper backstory.

Anyway, back to the thread topic.  Does it say anywhere which part of the Pacific Front we encounter in Stormbringer?  I'm of the opinion that the PF is still split between pro-Chinese and pro-rest-of-the-Allies blocs (hey, everyone's pretty aware of Yuri at this point, it doesn't take a genius to consider the idea he might have been responsible for that incident down in Korea), and that we've just come across a part of a pro-Allies splinter group.  Norio was there, and last we saw of him he'd defected from the PF proper because of the alliance with China.  Would he just go slinking back to the pro-China PF?  Would he be accepted back?

Assuming in Stormbringer Euro Alliance also come to assist Pacific Front, i think that was same Pacific Front who "borrow" US technologies. It's quite impossible that PF in Stormbringer gets assist from Europeans while the Chinese is one who responsible hacking the Chronosphere in Black Forest which tried to transport KI Scientist to safe.

It's complicated if that Pacific Front are former pro-China in general or not. Maybe it just make a pact with small Chinese faction like in Heartwork.

Edited by umbracatervae, 22 March 2017 - 01:29 PM.

8gxY9XM.jpg

#773 Black/Brunez

Black/Brunez

Title? What title?

• Project Team
  • 1,262 posts
  •  Mentalmeister - Random Annoying Guy

Posted 22 March 2017 - 01:48 PM

I'm surprised with how confused people are with the PF-China thing. Well, let me explain:

Side Effect wasn't a sign that China was involved with PF. It was a sign that China doesn't care about Russia and has second intentions regarding the Great War (that's why the China-Russia war happend). Also it's easier to simply let your enemies kill each other and come later for the clean up.

And the clean up indeed happend. China striked PF (Think Different, The Gardener) after the failed attemp.

The China-PF "alliance" is pretty simple to understand: China punched them so hard that PF kinda became a vassal.

#774 aethiraes

aethiraes
  • Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 03:43 PM

Could we have a Space Challenge?

It will use the underused Moon tiles.
The main enemy is Epsilon HQ which has assembled a death fleet of Salamanders, Dybukks, Invaders, Basilisks, and Irkallas.

The first challenge aspect is that an armada of one super-powered Irkalla, supported by Basilisks, Invaders, and Salamanders is sent periodically to the enemy base. In addition, death fleets patrol the lunar surface.

The second challenge aspect is that resources are limited, so commanders need to move to ore fields scattered across the map.

#775 TheWankBank

TheWankBank
  • Members
  • 236 posts
  •  What am I doing here?

Posted 24 March 2017 - 04:30 PM

Did you just copy paste the Air force challenge?

iy2vXkp.png

Games -

Command and Conquer Red Alert 2/3 and Yuri's Revenge

Command and Conquer Tiberium Wars/ Kane's Wrath/ and Sun

Command and Conquer Generals and Zero hour

#776 aethiraes

aethiraes
  • Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 06:03 PM

No, I thought of this when I was playing Endurance Challenge with HQ.

What's the Air Force challenge?

#777 Nablis123

Nablis123
  • Members
  • 92 posts
  • Projects:None

Posted 24 March 2017 - 08:08 PM

Ascendance challenge : 3 HQ bases that has 2 cloning vats each and 3 more cloning vats in the middle, the infantry are genetically modified to have 25% more strength (resistance to damage) and a large fleet on Irkalla itself, 8 salamanders and a buttload uncountable of invaders and basilisks that come each 5 minutes (I think) 

but having it on the moon would be cooler not gonna lie :p

#778 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 02:07 AM

Invaders, no. Basilisk and Salamanders, yes.

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

#779 SPCell

SPCell
  • Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 11:30 AM

I'm surprised with how confused people are with the PF-China thing. Well, let me explain:

Side Effect wasn't a sign that China was involved with PF. It was a sign that China doesn't care about Russia and has second intentions regarding the Great War (that's why the China-Russia war happend). Also it's easier to simply let your enemies kill each other and come later for the clean up.

And the clean up indeed happend. China striked PF (Think Different, The Gardener) after the failed attemp.

The China-PF "alliance" is pretty simple to understand: China punched them so hard that PF kinda became a vassal.

Not really. Sino-PF alliance was already a thing since the start of Third World War. Remember that their alliance was used as an explanation as to WHY Japan was occupied so easily. It was said either in Unshakeable or Singularity that due to their alliance Japan surrendered without putting much of resistance.

#780 aethiraes

aethiraes
  • Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 02:22 PM

Invaders, no. Basilisk and Salamanders, yes.

The Invaders are only there because it thematically makes sense.

Yuri's airforce is this weird sci-fi UFO fleet and the challenge revolves around this theme.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users