2298 replies to this topic

#1341 Flandre

Flandre

Saury Hunter

• Members
  • 311 posts
  •  Defense Order

Posted 12 December 2017 - 04:39 PM

Ok tried playing that map again, but I couldn't find the time and effort to capture the "expansion" bases before the SC strike team attack. But instead follow the turtling strategy and spend almost the funds calling tanks and training GIs and the like. I panic a little since I lost the prism tanks a little early as well as well as the tech artillery, I decided to put the mirage tanks in the cliff to attack the enemy there which most of the time are ignored.

During that progress and build-up of the base, I somehow understood that money become less of a problem. (really) also I didn't realize that there was a tech hospital in the west of the Allied Base and saw it when I put a barracks to train engineers to repair their defenses as for some reason the AI forgot to do so.

Another weird thing is that when the PF base where the WCD is present was nearly demolished by psi-dominator + tech missiles no less, a group of basiliks just hovering in a cliff idly. I decided to introduce them to a group of rocketeers and viola.

hmmmm...

VEw65iA.jpg

so we'll get a foenh mission soon or something else?

3qPyjQ8.png

#1342 Hardric62

Hardric62
  • Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 04:40 PM

- What I think is footage showing Insomnia, which seems to involve aeronaval assault against Epsilon, with not one, but two AI allies (and grey as a third color for Allies). And Epsilon troops sporting shields.

It doesn't seem to be shields, it's the sign that Paradox Engine has been activated.

Pretty sure I saw the Epsilon units move during these scenes.

Edit: Current plans for 3.3.3 are not one, or two, but three Foehn Origins missions. A really sweet gift, and there is the fact they will extend for more than three missions. That screenshot shows the new one, Tainted Empire.

Edited by Hardric62, 12 December 2017 - 04:43 PM.

#1343 Flandre

Flandre

Saury Hunter

• Members
  • 311 posts
  •  Defense Order

Posted 12 December 2017 - 04:46 PM

- What I think is footage showing Insomnia, which seems to involve aeronaval assault against Epsilon, with not one, but two AI allies (and grey as a third color for Allies). And Epsilon troops sporting shields.

It doesn't seem to be shields, it's the sign that Paradox Engine has been activated.

Pretty sure I saw the Epsilon units move during these scenes.

Edit: Current plans for 3.3.3 are not one, or two, but three Foehn Origins missions. A really sweet gift, and there is the fact they will extend for more than three missions. That screenshot shows the new one, Tainted Empire.

I checked it. The Epsilon forces or the base defenses are not reacting at all to the paradrops

Edited by Flandre, 12 December 2017 - 04:47 PM.

3qPyjQ8.png

#1344 Tathmesh

Tathmesh

title available

• Members
  • 326 posts
  •  Degenerate Haihead Main

Posted 12 December 2017 - 08:24 PM

There's a Libra telekinesis field in the Earthrise mission left of the top center of the video.

What could that be? There's no Libra there.

#1345 Hardric62

Hardric62
  • Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 08:49 PM

Maybe the clones? Morales did nuke one in Exist to Exit, after all.

#1346 Cule_R

Cule_R
  • Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 08:30 AM

Libra was sent to Earth from the Moon base. So there have to be either her clones, or Pandora hubs, studying her powers (or, maybe, reverse-engineering them to be reproducible by structures\vehicles)

#1347 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 16 December 2017 - 09:42 AM

Ohey, so Cornered coop mission will be replaced by "Metaphor".

Btw, anyone actually thought about the fact that when Mental Omega will be finally complete, it will have more missions than 100? That's just INSANE! Like, even the juggernaut that's Starcraft 2 only goes up to about 83 missions, with all 3 expansions and mission packs (not counting the coop missions, since apparently they are not canon. But if we counted that, the number would be 97.)

I mean, 36 (Act 1) + 36 (Act 2) + 36 (Coop, and who knows how many more) + 4 (Foehn Origins) + 3 (Covert ops, and who knows how many more) + N (Foehn Campaign). Just with the currently known list, we'll have 115 story missions.

Edited by Solais, 16 December 2017 - 09:53 AM.

#1348 Tathmesh

Tathmesh

title available

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 16 December 2017 - 03:18 PM

Damn, I didn't realize it was that many. When you're stuck in a mission for so long, you forget the sheer amount there are.

I wonder after Act 2 is finished, if it's just Foehn missions from then on, or maybe there will be missions on Epsilon perspective. We're completely in the dark about Act 3 (if we can call it that). There were no teasers for future missions, so who knows what will happen. I'm getting kinda excited.

#1349 TrollWarlord

TrollWarlord
  • Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 16 December 2017 - 03:58 PM

Plot twist: Reptoirs (if this thing comes true in the future) will come during the war between Foehn and Epsilon

#1350 Guest_Chaplain5_*

Guest_Chaplain5_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 December 2017 - 04:26 PM

Would really like it if they continued making both Foehn and Epsilon missions for Act 3. But that's too far in the future to speculate for now, and in any case it might bee too much work.

#1351 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 16 December 2017 - 09:16 PM

At this point the Reptoir is either a cancelled idea or a red herring.

Or, the most guarded secret of Speeder (even the Foehn was hinted here and there, and there were "leaks" from Discord/IRC -  I heard from an old friend the plans for a 4th side like a year before Foehn was even hinted).

Edited by Solais, 17 December 2017 - 01:26 AM.

#1352 Tathmesh

Tathmesh

title available

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 16 December 2017 - 10:35 PM

Or it's not a fifth side like people are assuming. 

Reptoir was mentioned once in some teaser (I forgot which one), alongside other factions. People pattern-matched and decided that Reptoir was some other faction.

It could be any number of things like an NPC faction, e.g. CABAL, or not a faction at all. It could be some "key object" like the Mental Omega Device. 

There's really not enough information to determine what it is suppose to be.

Edited by Tathmesh, 16 December 2017 - 10:35 PM.

#1353 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 17 December 2017 - 01:43 AM

Well yeah, there's definitely matching patterns that are very much like how the other sides' data are loaded by Volknet in that video, so based on that, it must be at least some sort of faction....

A theory I nowadays had is that the Reptoir is really just Epsilon after Act 2, a super faction that now comprises all the technology on the world, besides Foehn. Kinda like the Emperor's faction in Dune 2/2000.

#1354 TrollWarlord

TrollWarlord
  • Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 17 December 2017 - 07:17 AM

It's just my guess anyway considering the theories made before.

As what they say, it's too early to speculate if a fifth faction or what will arrive in the future. Heck there are still too many questions like how did Foehn subfactions formed, what will happen to the American, Russian rebel, and the Paradox Engine itself. What about Malver?

#1355 Kirov_Fury

Kirov_Fury
  • Members
  • 203 posts
  •  We need more funding !!!

Posted 17 December 2017 - 01:39 PM

I haven't heard of that Reptoir thing before, what is it ? Where it was mentioned ? :D

Anyways, I believe that 4 Factions are enough for RA2+YR Lore, otherwise the story would begin to too much deviate from the original storyline and the game would eventually evolve into a completely different one. And, one of the risks is that when the number of factions increase, the distinction between them also begins to disappear and they all began to feel the same (just like AoE 2 with all the DLC's and 25+ factions in total !)

That said, if that kind of thing even comes to reality in the next decade (or later) considering all the hard work the devs have completed so far, I believe that would be better included in a separate spin-off. I'm not against a fifth faction at all, the more the merrier.

Edited by Kirov_Fury, 17 December 2017 - 01:44 PM.

#1356 pikachu11

pikachu11
  • Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 17 December 2017 - 02:04 PM

At the beginning of the New Unit Showcases there was a bunch of phrases that appeared, and Reptoir was one of them.

#1357 Flandre

Flandre

Saury Hunter

• Members
  • 311 posts
  •  Defense Order

Posted 17 December 2017 - 02:07 PM

Um, what's the point of a "5th faction" when it is obvious that Yuri's gang is going to win? *coughs*

Well, the Foenh serves as the "rebellion" of humanity's last free people and there can't be anything else though.

3qPyjQ8.png

#1358 Tathmesh

Tathmesh

title available

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 17 December 2017 - 02:16 PM

I haven't heard of that Reptoir thing before, what is it ? Where it was mentioned ? :D

Anyways, I believe that 4 Factions are enough for RA2+YR Lore, otherwise the story would begin to too much deviate from the original storyline and the game would eventually evolve into a completely different one. And, one of the risks is that when the number of factions increase, the distinction between them also begins to disappear and they all began to feel the same (just like AoE 2 with all the DLC's and 25+ factions in total !)

That said, if that kind of thing even comes to reality in the next decade (or later) considering all the hard work the devs have completed so far, I believe that would be better included in a separate spin-off. I'm not against a fifth faction at all, the more the merrier.

It's in the Foehn Unit Spotlights, in the very first second of the video when VOLKNET is "initialising". You have to pause rapidly to read the flashing messages on the left.

I took a look again and Reptoir does seem like a faction. One of the messages is: "Loading 'Reptoir' Data". It can't be an object like MADMAN, because factions are enclosed by quotes.

Um, what's the point of a "5th faction" when it is obvious that Yuri's gang is going to win? *coughs*

Well, the Foenh serves as the "rebellion" of humanity's last free people and there can't be anything else though.

That's what I'm thinking as well, which is why the fifth faction may not be a whole new side with unique assets, but a distinct part of a pre-existing faction. It only exists as part of the lore.

Maybe it's a rogue AI created by Yunru that threatens Foehn, so it's like CABAL if Epsilon is Nod and Foehn is GDI.

Maybe like Solais said, Reptoir is what Epsilon calls itself in the future. This makes sense cause a "Reptoir" means a skill-set, so Epsilon is exploiting tech of the people they've mind-controlled.

Edited by Tathmesh, 17 December 2017 - 02:23 PM.

#1359 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 17 December 2017 - 04:55 PM

http://www.moddb.com...d-rage#imagebox

SUDDENLY!

Five Foehn Origins missions??

---

As for Reptoir, see my post here: https://forums.revor...sion/?p=1063250

Edited by Solais, 17 December 2017 - 04:59 PM.

#1360 Cule_R

Cule_R
  • Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 17 December 2017 - 05:15 PM

What if Blood Rage is a part of Act3? And as said above - the Reptoir is an evolved Epsilon forces and as an "unexpected" plot twist - Yuri is dead. Or he is still leading the "true" Epsilon, while Reptoir is a rogue faction. Let's just keep in mind, that every possible outcome is still possible, until the moment the opposite being proven

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users