MO 3.3 // Campaign, Cooperative & Challenge Discussion

• Please log in to reply
2298 replies to this topic

#1361 Dawbra

Dawbra
  • Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 17 December 2017 - 05:25 PM

Reptoir = Reptilian or Dinosaur race that will replace ants missions and they be more advanced they yuri and rest of nations :D

But to be serious Reptoir = USA + Allies + Chinese + Yunru building Fohen Covenant.

To me it can be a ester egg reference to the game Original War where there was a war between USA and Russian but in half of both campaigning we can get to Alliance with each other and see it from both of sides usa commander and russian commander.

#1362 Tathmesh

Tathmesh

title available

• Members
  • 326 posts
  •  Degenerate Haihead Main

Posted 17 December 2017 - 10:08 PM

http://www.moddb.com...d-rage#imagebox

SUDDENLY!

Five Foehn Origins missions??

---

As for Reptoir, see my post here: https://forums.revor...sion/?p=1063250

I'm going to add to that list there with some of the other fragments of information. Just so it's located in one place.

There isn't a whole lot we know about Foehn missions beyond the Origin missions and Reptoir's significance.

What we know about Foehn's hierarchy
  • Haihead is Foehn's main strike force and they destroy Epsilon bases around the world
  • Last Bastion turtles in Alaska; they may be expanding their land (?)
  • Wings of Coronia are on the search for someone.
  • The Nanofiber loom was co-invented by its founder; the second creator of the Loom is a significant person
  • VOLKNET is Foehn's EVA
What we know about the extent of Foehn's operations
  • There are multiple Harbingers patrolling across the world.
  • Foehn two major bases of operation: a large vessel called the Coronia and the Alaskan Last Bastion, which have production facilities.
  • Haihead establishes Cyberkernels as part of their forward bases across the world.
  • Foehn tech is expensive; Foehn must scavenge and is limited in numbers
Who is involved in Foehn
  • Yunru was in charge of creating Foehn tech for China
  • There may be psychics (Zorbtrotters) in the Foehn Revolt
  • Rashidi escapes in a Allied-coloured Jackal Racer in Obsidian Sands
  • Chinese troops loyal to Yunru
  • Scorpion Cell loyal to Rashidi (?)
What happened after Act 2?
  • The Conscious Slumber
  • Epsilon is victorious (?)
  • Some kind of "chaos" unfolded in Antarctica
From the Megalodon teaser

"Mastodon defends.
Pteranodon searches.
Then comes the Megalodon, designed to kill."
The third and final Tier 3 "monster "tank"

From Pteranodon Attack

INCOMING TRANSMISSION --- The Pteranodon squadron has been deployed to take care of the Scorpion Cell forces in Egypt. The search continues. ---

There's also a hidden message "I'M NOT HERE" in The Pteranodon Attack video.

This mysterious sequence of numbers from THEY-ARE-EXPANDING, which I don't think anyone has cracked. A solution from Solais:

6 15 5 8 14 22 5 18 19 21 19 5 16 19 9 12 15 14 - F O E H N V E R S U S E P S I L O N.

From UNDER-ATTACK in ModDB. Initial characters spell out LIBRAS WORLD. In my opinion, this means "Libra's World" and not Latin for "A Free World"

... LOCATION CONFIRMED
. . IDENTIFYING SUBJECTS
. BATTLE IN PROGRESS
.. READY FOR ORDERS
.ALL FORCES
. . SCATTERED
.WE MUST FIGHT BACK
. .. ORGANIZE
. . REGROUP
.LEADER

. . DIRECT US.

Other evidence includes the missions seen in various trailers such as the Side 4 Trailer, but it's hard to tell which of those clips are finished missions or just battles scripted for the teaser.

My guess is that almost none of them are mission clips. For example, the scene with the plasmerizer doesn't make sense because there's the mainframe from Thread of Dread there. The Pteranodon fly-by may be a mission.

Edited by Tathmesh, 20 December 2017 - 01:38 AM.

#1363 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 17 December 2017 - 10:51 PM

A possible solution:

6 15 5 8 14 22 5 18 19 21 19 5 16 19 9 12 15 14 - F O E H N V E R S U S E P S I L O N.

#1364 Flandre

Flandre

Saury Hunter

• Members
  • 311 posts
  •  Defense Order

Posted 18 December 2017 - 05:57 AM

>checks previous posted

>Loading 'Reptoir' Data

Okay... I hadn't saw that. Well I guess there is more time to mass guess perhaps?

http://www.moddb.com...d-rage#imagebox

SUDDENLY!

Five Foehn Origins missions??

---

As for Reptoir, see my post here: https://forums.revor...sion/?p=1063250

I'm going to add to that list there with some of the other fragments of information. Just so it's located in one place. 

There isn't a whole lot we know about Foehn missions beyond the Origin missions and Reptoir's significance.

Major concepts we know so far:

• Haihead is Foehn's main strike force; Cyberkernels are their forward bases of operation
  • Last Bastion turtles, while the other subfactions do all the work :V
  • Wings of Coronia are on the search for someone. 
  • The Conscious Slumber
  • The Nanofiber loom was co-invented by its founder.
  • There are fleets of Harbingers across the world
  • Foehn two major bases of operation: the Coronia and the Last Bastion, which have production facilities.
  • Foehn tech is not only expensive, but they are scavengers and limited in numbers
  • The Last Bastion is an extremely well-defended fortress, with Signal Jammers and Plasmerizers
  • VOLKNET is Foehn's EVA
  • Yunru was in charge of creating Foehn tech for China
  • There may be psychics (Zorbtrotters) in the Foehn Revolt

If you saw in the recent added Epsilon Mission, there is an obvious opposition against Yuri now. Sure Yuri and his dog manage to crack them quickly, but I do bet some manage to escape. 

It is already obvious that Foenh are the successor of the remnants of Allied and Soviet forces with some probabilities of rouge Epsilon psykers (psychics). Hence the reason why their require a lot of funds to build such force is not only their tech is so over-the-top, but they don't had the resources (after all Yuri's army control 90% [maybe] of the world) to sustained such german-tier engineering thing so they use any way to gain resource which includes "turning" their enemies' infantry into nanomachines *yay*

In my speculation Coronia might be the upgrade version of that "machine" and is flying, covered by a man-made storm to cloaked it's presence to enemy radar. The Last Bastion, as the name goes was located in Alaska, which I do note that is one of the few Allied bases might be relatively intact even after the Soviets win in Act II. So perhaps whatever the remaining Russo-American forces might be it's founders. The HaiHead, judging to it's loading screen is I speculated to be the last to be founded as it is strike force that had several bases around the globe attacking and striking on Yuri's forces like there is no tomorrow.

c9c.gif

Well it is best to watch, eat and see how this all goes.

3qPyjQ8.png

#1365 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts
  • Projects:Renegade X: Firestorm
  •  *intensely rolls around*

Posted 18 December 2017 - 06:28 AM

We know someone (*cough*Rashidi*cough*) escaped

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

Visit us in Totem Arts site
(Firestorm is still SoonTM)

#1366 Tathmesh

Tathmesh

title available

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 01:26 PM

It is already obvious that Foenh are the successor of the remnants of Allied and Soviet forces with some probabilities of rouge Epsilon psykers (psychics). 

I'm starting to doubt that the Allies had *direct* involvement with the formation of Foehn. If any Allies are part of Foehn, then I'm thinking that they were survivors recruited in the future. It's possible that Yunru steals Kanegawa's weapon designs in Tainted Empire and runs off to Alaska with Rashidi.

Let's look at all of the tech from Foehn that hints at Allied involvement:

• Jackal and Spinblade technology (prototypes were found in the KI lab in Think Different)
  • Tempest Architect (based on Weather Control Device, which PF completed in Stormbringer)
  • Harbinger Gunship (obviously made by KI)
  • Leviathan (hints at similarities with aircraft carrier, but this be a gameplay comparison not a lore comparison)

3/4 of these might be obtainable by raiding KI institutions and stealing any weapon plans. I'm thinking the main Allied force fails in Antarctica and never meet up with Foehn. So Foehn technology is comprised of plasma and nanotech by Rashidi, robotics and cyborgs by Yunru, and wind manipulation technology "donated" by Kanegawa Industries.

The Phantasm references mirage technology as being lost in the war. Mirage tech is built by the Europeans not PF. If Allied tech only came from Yunru stealing their designs, then she would only have PF technology. 

To be honest, I'm still stuck on Juggernaut >_> and I haven't seen any playthroughs that show what vehicle Rashidi escaped from. 

#1367 UNSC THE CHILL OF WAR

UNSC THE CHILL OF WAR

title available

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 01:59 PM

Juggernaut? Dont you mean obsidian sands?

#1368 Tathmesh

Tathmesh

title available

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 02:10 PM

No I mean I'm still stuck on the Soviet mission :p

I don't like doing later missions without completing the first few. So I haven't touched Obsidian Sands yet.

#1369 UNSC THE CHILL OF WAR

UNSC THE CHILL OF WAR

title available

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 02:15 PM

No I mean I'm still stuck on the Soviet mission :p

I don't like doing later missions without completing the first few. So I haven't touched Obsidian Sands yet.

Ah right, i understand. May i suggest spamming wolfhound's and defenses, and getting the cyborg commando Easter egg

#1370 Cule_R

Cule_R
  • Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 03:57 PM

• Tempest Architect (based on Weather Control Device, which PF completed in Stormbringer)

The Tempest Architect have in common with an WCD the "weather" stuff. Meanwhile TA and Psychic Dominator have similar building design (and animations). And if it is possible to make a clone of superweapon, why does it have to be the clone of PD? (Yeah, I almost sure it have been done because PD is the only superweapon to apply the side-effect on units directly, while Nuclear Missile applies tile mod in form of radiation, and WCD blocks map) But what if Tempest Architect was stolen (at least partially) from Epsilon?

#1371 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 04:56 PM

"The Tempest Architect is Foehn's supreme wind manipulation device, likely to have been partially based on the blueprints of the Weather Control Device. However, to counter the Allied superweapon's random factors, the Tempest Architect's superweapon strike is precise and deadly."

#1372 DrZiztah

DrZiztah
  • Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 11:27 PM

It is already obvious that Foenh are the successor of the remnants of Allied and Soviet forces with some probabilities of rouge Epsilon psykers (psychics). 

I'm starting to doubt that the Allies had *direct* involvement with the formation of Foehn. If any Allies are part of Foehn, then I'm thinking that they were survivors recruited in the future. It's possible that Yunru steals Kanegawa's weapon designs in Tainted Empire and runs off to Alaska with Rashidi.

• Jackal and Spinblade technology (prototypes were found in the KI lab in Think Different)
  • Leviathan (hints at similarities with aircraft carrier, but this be a gameplay comparison not a lore comparison)

3/4 of these might be obtainable by raiding KI institutions and stealing any weapon plans. I'm thinking the main Allied force fails in Antarctica and never meet up with Foehn. So Foehn technology is comprised of plasma and nanotech by Rashidi, robotics and cyborgs by Yunru, and wind manipulation technology "donated" by Kanegawa Industries.

The Phantasm references mirage technology as being lost in the war. Mirage tech is built by the Europeans not PF. If Allied tech only came from Yunru stealing their designs, then she would only have PF technology. 

To be honest, I'm still stuck on Juggernaut >_> and I haven't seen any playthroughs that show what vehicle Rashidi escaped from. 

Pretty much, though I would like to raise the possibility of the Virgin Islands garrison linking up with Foehn as the token Allied representation rather than being raided. They have the first Weather Control Device based there, after all, and Hypothermia has the Pacific Front garrison reinforced by the surviving Americans from the city of San Juan. All the named characters of Allies are most likely headed towards certain death and failure on Antarctica, however.

Oh, and the vehicle that escapes from a tunnel beneath Rashidi's palace in Obsidian Sands is very much like a Jackal Racer.

Mostly in it for the lore. Although, I do enjoy basebuilding as well.

#1373 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 12:04 AM

Huh, what vehicle? Haven't seen such.

#1374 Tathmesh

Tathmesh

title available

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 12:56 AM

Haven't played the mission myself, but supposedly once you destroy Rashidi's palace, a Jackal Racer emerges from the cliff near the palace and escapes into the sea.

#1375 Flandre

Flandre

Saury Hunter

• Members
  • 311 posts
  •  Defense Order

Posted 19 December 2017 - 01:24 AM

As the Origins Mission: Tainted Empire would say. It is very obvious that there will be surviving Allied Forces which most likely from the PF.

3qPyjQ8.png

#1376 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts
  • Projects:Renegade X: Firestorm
  •  *intensely rolls around*

Posted 19 December 2017 - 02:20 AM

The Tempest Architect have in common with an WCD the "weather" stuff. Meanwhile TA and Psychic Dominator have similar building design (and animations). And if it is possible to make a clone of superweapon, why does it have to be the clone of PD? (Yeah, I almost sure it have been done because PD is the only superweapon to apply the side-effect on units directly, while Nuclear Missile applies tile mod in form of radiation, and WCD blocks map) But what if Tempest Architect was stolen (at least partially) from Epsilon?

Maybe you should segregate lore and Ares logistics. For all we know it may not be possible to clone WCD that easily without side effect.

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

Visit us in Totem Arts site
(Firestorm is still SoonTM)

#1377 Damfoos

Damfoos

When world domination haven't cured the emptiness inside

• Members
  • 870 posts
  • Projects:Translation of various cool C&C mods.
  •  Mental Omega Russian Translator

Posted 19 December 2017 - 06:12 AM

You're overthinking it A LOT. GT is a clone of PD for technical reasons, because this specific SW mechanic allows it to work the way it does (spawn damaging animation, then activate another weapon which is that final stage of Tempest that kicks units away). Neither WCD nor Nuke do not allow this. Also it isn't necessarily for Nuke SW clone to leave radiation, the whole idea of this SW is that there is an animation of some object (missile) coming first up, then down, after that the impact happens and targets receive a portion of damage. Tech missile silo uses such a SW, and it has no radiation. Meanwhile TA description directly mentions its possible connection with weather control tech. Let's also not forget about Heartwork, where weather does weird things as you progress through the mission.

There's a valid point about structure animations being similar to PD's, but this might be the case because it looks cooler this way. Though lore-wise they seem to work on a similar principle: it accumulates some kind of concentrated energy within its containment part, then releases it somewhere in a less concentrated form.

Edited by Damfoos, 19 December 2017 - 06:17 AM.

#1378 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 09:20 AM

Haven't played the mission myself, but supposedly once you destroy Rashidi's palace, a Jackal Racer emerges from the cliff near the palace and escapes into the sea.

Ah, found it here: https://youtu.be/_RkicwsdauM?t=59m27s

Looks like a Jackal Racer with Allied color scheme.

#1379 Hardric62

Hardric62
  • Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 09:49 AM

I remember that. I almost missed it when I played the mission, I didn't know it happened. And that video you showed was the first time I saw it on Youtube (you'd swear everyone purposefully avoid that cave in LPs once you know it's there. Which they probably do, for the spoilers value).

#1380 BotRot

BotRot
  • Members
  • 228 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega English Wiki on Fandom (formerly Wikia)
  •  Mental Omega Wiki Administrator & Contributor

Posted 19 December 2017 - 11:49 AM

Assuming that Warranty Void is indeed the first cameo appearance of Libra in the campaign (it's more of a hidden secret), does that mean Libra may have originated from China?

hT8PHUN.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users