Photo

MO 3.3 // Campaign, Cooperative & Challenge Discussion

• Please log in to reply
2298 replies to this topic

#1541 Divine

Divine

NGL, I was kinda drunk when I registered with this name.

• Members
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 12 March 2018 - 08:53 PM

Or better yet, just feed fake intel to the Soviets about him being in Moscow.

Some unofficial stuff I made for Mental Omega

Sidebar icons for normally not buildable stuff: Yuri Prime, Space CommandoAllied Jackal (obsolete)Gravitron
Skirmish Map: (2) Commietopia

Feedback and showcase thread

#1542 RedFox34

RedFox34
  • Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 12 March 2018 - 11:34 PM

Was it ever explained how Norio got away from the Soviets after helping them in S11 Unshakable?  If not, I think there's good room for a covert op in there.  Maybe he's out of fuel and has to make his way back to friendly PF forces while fighting his way through the "bad" ones and the Chinese or Soviets.

#1543 Flandre

Flandre

Saury Hunter

• Members
  • 311 posts
  •  Defense Order

Posted 13 March 2018 - 12:49 AM

Was it ever explained how Norio got away from the Soviets after helping them in S11 Unshakable?  If not, I think there's good room for a covert op in there.  Maybe he's out of fuel and has to make his way back to friendly PF forces while fighting his way through the "bad" ones and the Chinese or Soviets.

So far I never say of that yet. But perhaps the Soviet General just let him and his forces go as a token of thanks and the PF pretty much do the same thing.

3qPyjQ8.png

#1544 Initiate

Initiate
  • Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 08:04 AM

Here's my (most likely inaccurate) predictions for the final 6 missions of Act 2:

S24 - Death's Hand: The General leads the attack on Moscow, in a remake of "Red Revolution" from RA2, firstly by sending in Krukov, Reznov, Volkov and Chtzkoi to sneak into the Kremlin grounds and destroy the Psychic Beacon keeping Moscow and it's contingent of Russian troops mind controlled, afterwards, the player much track down Yuri who is attempting to flee to an Airport north of the Kremlin (in a role-reversal remake of "No Dilemma" from 2.0), and destroy all the Epsilon forces in Moscow. But as it turns out, it was a trap set by Yuri, who activates a second Psychic Beacon hidden in the very Kremlin, mind controlling the entire Russian force, who proceed to kill the heroes, and further deploying the titular "Death's Hand" super-MIDAS rocket, loaded with conventional explosives against his HQ in Antarctica.

Man it would not sit well with me if such a heavily mind control immune army at this point (cyborg troops, the heroes, drones, goddamn centurion) force goes out to a hidden psychic beacon. 

Yuri nuking the Russian taskforce with the Death's Hand is the only way I can see such a scenario playing out. 

That said, here's hoping the Russians get to use the Chitzkalla again in the final showdown, that was great. Even if it's easy/medium difficulty only, like how the Centurion doesn't show up in Earthrise on mental. 

#1545 Flandre

Flandre

Saury Hunter

• Members
  • 311 posts
  •  Defense Order

Posted 13 March 2018 - 08:47 AM

mjr2PWV.png

This place is a curiosity.

3qPyjQ8.png

#1546 Tathmesh

Tathmesh

title available

• Members
  • 326 posts
  •  Degenerate Haihead Main

Posted 13 March 2018 - 12:16 PM

I'm 95% sure those are Libra clone vats.

I think in Unthinkable, the Paradox destroyed something, the "Sisters".

#1547 Crusader1080

Crusader1080
  • Members
  • 17 posts
  •  Coronia and Last Baiston main

Posted 13 March 2018 - 02:48 PM

I did have this thought in my head about the ending of Act III if it is focused on the battles between the Foehn and Epsilon, what if in the end, the Foehn would get defeated and ended up mind controlled by the Mental Omega Device. 

fohen_by_crusader1081-dc1j6bj.png

#1548 SPCell

SPCell
  • Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 02:52 PM

Will we ever see Psi-Corps' headquarters? In skirmish loading screen as PC you can see their HQ's location somewhere in Eastern Europe, but it's covered by Yuri's face.

#1549 PACER

PACER

RTS Lorewalker

• Members
  • 547 posts
  •  Much to babble about

Posted 13 March 2018 - 03:06 PM

Will we ever see Psi-Corps' headquarters? In skirmish loading screen as PC you can see their HQ's location somewhere in Eastern Europe, but it's covered by Yuri's face.

Transylvania, Romania. As in vanilla YR

In-game speed vs real life speed?   
Malver in Obisidian Sands?   
Strength-Agility-Intellect subfactions?    

#1550 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 07:15 PM

I hope we can control more proto-Foehn units in the other Foehn Origins missions. Heavy Trooper is one thing, I think the other units could have similar weapons as the final versions, but still non-Foehn tech. Like, the proto-Mastodon could shoot Seismic Shells, that have a reload time, just like the final Mastodon weapon. So like, same attack, but different graphics.

#1551 Tathmesh

Tathmesh

title available

• Members
  • 326 posts
  •  Degenerate Haihead Main

Posted 13 March 2018 - 08:18 PM

Transylvania, Romania. As in vanilla YR

Maybe it's actually the Moon. There's a lot of PsiCorps tech up there that seems to point to it being the main headquarters.

#1552 mrvecz

mrvecz
  • Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 08:20 PM

I did have this thought in my head about the ending of Act III if it is focused on the battles between the Foehn and Epsilon, what if in the end, the Foehn would get defeated and ended up mind controlled by the Mental Omega Device. 

More or less they could destroy each other at the end, destroying their tech so nobody can use it in future

#1553 Divine

Divine

NGL, I was kinda drunk when I registered with this name.

• Members
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 09:07 PM

I'm 95% sure those are Libra clone vats.

I think in Unthinkable, the Paradox destroyed something, the "Sisters".

In the map editor they are referred to as "Epsilon Bio Tank", with "A", "B", and "C" variants.

I very much hope we won't. Part of PsiCorps' charm is that they are always on the move. They are much like Erwin Rommel's Afrika Korps. I bet the Proselyte isn't far from the front lines either, in most of the battles.

BTW can I have a wish? I really want a mission with one or more player controlled Space Commandos. I mean come on, a guy with an EMP cannon and a friggin belt-fed nuclear grenade launcher? One cameo appearence as an enemy isn't enough.

Edited by Divine, 13 March 2018 - 09:08 PM.

Some unofficial stuff I made for Mental Omega

Sidebar icons for normally not buildable stuff: Yuri Prime, Space CommandoAllied Jackal (obsolete)Gravitron
Skirmish Map: (2) Commietopia

Feedback and showcase thread

#1554 Kirov_Fury

Kirov_Fury
  • Members
  • 203 posts
  •  We need more funding !!!

Posted 13 March 2018 - 09:19 PM

PsyCorps is the legions of Yuri that are always on the move. They have several temporary bases. Most famous of them is the island in Dance of Blood. Other one is possibly the Moon that we just leveled down in Earthrise :D
And yes, the third one is the Transilvania fort in Vanilla YR. But I dont believe that is their stronghold yet. Unless it makes a further appearance in upcoming missions.

They are pretty much unlike the HQ that defends the antarctica fortress and oversees the PsyCorp. activities and provide them with latest of their own weaponry when necessary (stalkers, shadow tanks and colossuses).

Edited by Kirov_Fury, 13 March 2018 - 09:23 PM.

#1555 Janusz Olender

Janusz Olender
  • Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 09:28 PM

BTW can I have a wish? I really want a mission with oe or more player controlled Space Commandos. I mean come on, a guy with an EMP cannon and a friggin belt-fed nuclear grenade launcher? One cameo appearence as an enemy isn't enough.

Who knows, if the Soviets were able to rebuild Centurion just from the blueprints, they might be able to "resurrect" the Commando and unleash him in their final battle. That would truly epic. :D

#1556 Flandre

Flandre

Saury Hunter

• Members
  • 311 posts
  •  Defense Order

Posted 14 March 2018 - 03:02 AM

BTW can I have a wish? I really want a mission with oe or more player controlled Space Commandos. I mean come on, a guy with an EMP cannon and a friggin belt-fed nuclear grenade launcher? One cameo appearence as an enemy isn't enough.

Who knows, if the Soviets were able to rebuild Centurion just from the blueprints, they might be able to "resurrect" the Commando and unleash him in their final battle. That would truly epic. :D

Seems they can do that well.

3qPyjQ8.png

#1557 Hardric62

Hardric62
  • Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 14 March 2018 - 06:07 AM

I hope we can control more proto-Foehn units in the other Foehn Origins missions. Heavy Trooper is one thing, I think the other units could have similar weapons as the final versions, but still non-Foehn tech. Like, the proto-Mastodon could shoot Seismic Shells, that have a reload time, just like the final Mastodon weapon. So like, same attack, but different graphics.

I don't know, the way weaon look, I don't think something like that will happen. It will pobably be a normal, although big, cannon... But I still think the tank could have the nanomachines repair system. Maybe he needed to be that big to house the first ones, and the place for install the plasma railgun was only freed once the nanorepair systems became small enough. Let's say small enough to e installed on a Bison Tank.

#1558 Flandre

Flandre

Saury Hunter

• Members
  • 311 posts
  •  Defense Order

Posted 14 March 2018 - 01:53 PM

I very much hope we won't. Part of PsiCorps' charm is that they are always on the move. They are much like Erwin Rommel's Afrika Korps. I bet the Proselyte isn't far from the front lines either, in most of the battles.

I don't think that is a very likely case. This isn't like Rommels forces at all in dozen aspects, Psi-Corps are developing their own tech and with the help of their abilities, they just mess up the Intel of where actually they are. Sure they give a "hint" it was in Eastern Europe, but that's it.

Also, a friend of mine attempt on the 2nd Mission of the Origins and decided to blow up the Psychic Beacon and-

29186365_2096776390334332_49471831925713

This happens ;)

3qPyjQ8.png

#1559 TheWankBank

TheWankBank
  • Members
  • 236 posts
  •  What am I doing here?

Posted 14 March 2018 - 06:03 PM

Ye... good thing I saved before rushing with 50 gyrocopters, that's just BS, allow us to have more options.

iy2vXkp.png

Games -

Command and Conquer Red Alert 2/3 and Yuri's Revenge

Command and Conquer Tiberium Wars/ Kane's Wrath/ and Sun

Command and Conquer Generals and Zero hour

#1560 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 14 March 2018 - 06:46 PM

Have to say, Thread of Dread, even on Easy and with Save/Load is such a mindnumbing and triggering mission that I was like "fuck it" and used ini cheating. And even then it made me tire out so much, I don't feel playing more today. :V

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users