• Please log in to reply
2298 replies to this topic

#1501 Allied Commander ???

Allied Commander ???

Tweaks INI and MIX files

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 10 March 2018 - 11:07 AM

Insomnia is undeniably epic, especially at the beginning where waves of reinforcements arrive for you. And the Time Freeze SW makes the mission even more interesting.

#1502 PACER

PACER

RTS Lorewalker

• Members
  • 547 posts
  •  Much to babble about

Posted 10 March 2018 - 12:45 PM

Insomnia is undeniably epic, especially at the beginning where waves of reinforcements arrive for you. And the Time Freeze SW makes the mission even more interesting.

I'd vote for this map remade into a 3v3 skirmish map

In-game speed vs real life speed?   
Malver in Obisidian Sands?   
Strength-Agility-Intellect subfactions?    

#1503 Tathmesh

Tathmesh

title available

• Members
  • 326 posts
  •  Degenerate Haihead Main

Posted 10 March 2018 - 02:56 PM

I honestly don't understand Yunru's rationale for not wanting to destroy the Beacon in Kill the Messenger. With the Chinese under the control of Epsilon, she'll have to fight through the army anyway. Destroying the beacon wouldn't change that, but it would have the Soviet Forces fight with Epsilon as well to relieve the pressure from her.

Granted, a good reason for not going after it would be that it would jeopardize the main objective of getting Yunru to safety with distractions. It's literally in the opposite corner compared to your forces! But Yunru seems to have arrived to the same tactical conclusion for a very weird reason.

There could be an in-universe explanation for it. Maybe coordinating a mind-controlled army is difficult, so fighting mindless slaves is a lot easier than fighting a second, autonomous, well-organized army. 

#1504 Allied Commander ???

Allied Commander ???

Tweaks INI and MIX files

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 10 March 2018 - 03:14 PM

Hey... That Infector Tank from Tainted Empire reminds me of the Radiation Tank thingy back in 2.0.

Also the Ironwing, instead of being some badass aircraft I thought of, is simply a mere personal transport for Yunru... :( BTW cool voxel...

Edited by Allied Commander ???, 10 March 2018 - 03:15 PM.

#1505 Dawbra

Dawbra
  • Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 10 March 2018 - 03:20 PM

She is so smart that she can't capture psychic beacon to his own power..

@Allied Commander - what you expect for something that looks like a star wars royal ship that was used by Queen Padme

#1506 Flandre

Flandre

Saury Hunter

• Members
  • 311 posts
  •  Defense Order

Posted 10 March 2018 - 03:56 PM

And a space suit made for ravens? Come on. But just for the sake of arguement, let's say that Ravens have both oxygen supply and a space suit that fits them like a second skin, like Brutes appearently have. There's still no air on the moon, so flapping their wings won't do any good if they want to fly.

Wasn't the mission said that either the raven use in the moon is mutated to a point it can survive there, or had mechanical parts.

Seems said person wasn't paying too much attention to the details.

3qPyjQ8.png

#1507 Allied Commander ???

Allied Commander ???

Tweaks INI and MIX files

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 10 March 2018 - 04:04 PM

I am curious what happened to regular Gehennas on the Moon, since other Dybbuk variants are present they should be too.

#1508 Divine

Divine

NGL, I was kinda drunk when I registered with this name.

• Members
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 10 March 2018 - 04:17 PM

I am curious what happened to regular Gehennas on the Moon, since other Dybbuk variants are present they should be too.

Yuri was probably well aware that his opponents had no spaceworthy aircraft, so interceptors were obsolete on the moon. 

Some unofficial stuff I made for Mental Omega

Sidebar icons for normally not buildable stuff: Yuri Prime, Space CommandoAllied Jackal (obsolete)Gravitron
Skirmish Map: (2) Commietopia

Feedback and showcase thread

#1509 PACER

PACER

RTS Lorewalker

• Members
  • 547 posts
  •  Much to babble about

Posted 10 March 2018 - 04:21 PM

Yuri was probably well aware that his opponents had no spaceworthy aircraft, so interceptors were obsolete on the moon. 

Yet they still have airborne Cosmonauts. My own speculation is that ARO might stop working on the moon.

In-game speed vs real life speed?   
Malver in Obisidian Sands?   
Strength-Agility-Intellect subfactions?    

#1510 Divine

Divine

• Members
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 10 March 2018 - 04:43 PM

Yet they still have airborne Cosmonauts. My own speculation is that ARO might stop working on the moon.

Nah, as even hint says during the mission, you have no airforce (save for puny cosmonauts), and you must make up for it with heavy tanks. Coincidentally, the Gehenna variant we see is specifically made to be a long range tank killer. Yuri's no idiot, he must have forseen this.  Now add in the fact that this happens after the Soviets capture his own rockets. Yuri or his proselyte in command must have known what was coming, with not much time available to prepare, they used what they could, and have converted the Gehennas to be tank killers. It makes perfect sense, even with historical examples, as during WW2, combat units unprepared or unequiped to face tanks often resorted to such things. Actually, the Gehenna-Antares hybrid is much like Nazi Germany's "Marder" tank destroyer family, or to bring a better example, like their utility halftracks which were jury rigged with large calibre AA guns to kill tanks.

Edited by Divine, 10 March 2018 - 04:44 PM.

Sidebar icons for normally not buildable stuff: Yuri Prime, Space CommandoAllied Jackal (obsolete)Gravitron

#1511 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 10 March 2018 - 05:02 PM

I do have to say, I loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooove having Load/Save again, many and large kudos to AlexB! With it, I could finally beat Relentless, and just right after, Insomnia. Man, the latter was confusing as hell at the start, I was like "wat do I have to do", but then a front naturally appeared, and all I did was holding the line then snipe important buildings with Norio and co. during Time Freeze.

Edit: Btw, Speeder said on twitter that there will be more Foehn Origins missions before the final one. I kinda want there to be 12, and then 12 "proper" Foehn missions for the finale, so they can have their proper 12-12 campaigns too.

Edited by Solais, 10 March 2018 - 05:09 PM.

#1512 ziangc

ziangc
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 March 2018 - 05:30 PM

I honestly don't understand Yunru's rationale for not wanting to destroy the Beacon in Kill the Messenger. With the Chinese under the control of Epsilon, she'll have to fight through the army anyway. Destroying the beacon wouldn't change that, but it would have the Soviet Forces fight with Epsilon as well to relieve the pressure from her.

Granted, a good reason for not going after it would be that it would jeopardize the main objective of getting Yunru to safety with distractions. It's literally in the opposite corner compared to your forces! But Yunru seems to have arrived to the same tactical conclusion for a very weird reason.

Strategically speaking, it doesnt make sense like you suggested. 

However, destroying the beacon in-game will send a horde of Chinese forces through your base as they will come (from all places) from the rear of your base and snuff your forces out before moving on ^.^

#1513 ziangc

ziangc
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 March 2018 - 05:55 PM

Following the storyline developments with the latest missions raises several interesting questions:

Q1a - What is the "hybrid technology" mentioned in "Unthinkable's" mission briefing that would require (presumably) BOTH mind-control and teleportation/space-time manipulation technology?   

Q1b - Leading from the above question, said technology seems essential to either the Paradox Engine's destruction and/or the "Endgame", of which the latter can almost certainly be taken to mean global mind control... How does said tech fit into either endgame? 

Q1c - Yuri seems to be confident that Libra is able to destroy the Paradox Engine, but noted "she is unable to do so" at the start of "Unthinkable". Granted that Libra is already able to attack air units, whats the missing piece of the puzzle? 

Q2 - The Soviets and Allies are blissfully unaware of Yuri's endgame, but Yunru (and Rashidi, although not so explicitly) have caught on way faster. Was encountering Libra on the battlefield the key to said "enlightenment"? 

Q3 - What is Libra's role in relation to the "Endgame"? It doesnt quite make sense that Yuri draws Ivan (the Reds) to Moscow (to presumably carry out a "Taking Them With Me") and leaves his "superweapon" alone...

Q4 - The Allies seem to be unaware of the emergence of The Foehn Revolt... Would said knowledge have given the Allies the leg up they so desperately need? 

Q5 - Given how events developed from "Thread of Dread", would there be teeth-clenched teamwork between the Chinese and Ivan since "the enemy of my enemy is my friend"? 

Would love to hear from you guys some possibilities! 

#1514 Dawbra

Dawbra
  • Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 10 March 2018 - 05:59 PM

Soviets are too confident , i bet that capsules will fail when they want to go back to Moscow and explode - most of them.

Q1c i guess after all that fighting and what yunru do to her and how she gone rage mode and was fixed she is tired - weak to stop Paradox Engine and was too late to do that.

Edited by Dawbra, 10 March 2018 - 06:11 PM.

#1515 DrZiztah

DrZiztah
  • Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 10 March 2018 - 06:03 PM

Q4 - The Allies seem to be unaware of the emergence of The Foehn Revolt... Would said knowledge have given the Allies the leg up they so desperately need?

Well, when you get down to it...

Allies: "We have located Yuri's main base and his very-important-do-not-touch-end-of-the-world-device!"
Yunru: "I have that MIDAS which I stole from the Soviets."
Allies: "...We can also stop time and teleport stuff?"
Yunru: "..."
Everyone: Hooray for weapons of mass destruction!

Mostly in it for the lore. Although, I do enjoy basebuilding as well.

#1516 lovalmidas

lovalmidas

Yunru Kanegawa. Go figure. Go mental.

• Project Team
  • 1,192 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega Almost Perfect Yunru's Revenge Version 3.0
  •  Why am I not in the Centurion?

Posted 10 March 2018 - 06:15 PM

There could be an in-universe explanation for it. Maybe coordinating a mind-controlled army is difficult, so fighting mindless slaves is a lot easier than fighting a second, autonomous, well-organized army.

There is only one way to find out...
Also, I tend to believe it is VOLKNET's assessment rather than Yunru's

30m70ag.png

Mental Omega on the web:
fbbutton.png ytbutton.png mdbutton.png dsbutton.png
IRC: #menthosogma (Rizon)

#1517 Divine

Divine

• Members
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 10 March 2018 - 07:40 PM

Following the storyline developments with the latest missions raises several interesting questions:

Q1a - What is the "hybrid technology" mentioned in "Unthinkable's" mission briefing that would require (presumably) BOTH mind-control and teleportation/space-time manipulation technology?   

Q1b - Leading from the above question, said technology seems essential to either the Paradox Engine's destruction and/or the "Endgame", of which the latter can almost certainly be taken to mean global mind control... How does said tech fit into either endgame? 

Q1c - Yuri seems to be confident that Libra is able to destroy the Paradox Engine, but noted "she is unable to do so" at the start of "Unthinkable". Granted that Libra is already able to attack air units, whats the missing piece of the puzzle? 

Q2 - The Soviets and Allies are blissfully unaware of Yuri's endgame, but Yunru (and Rashidi, although not so explicitly) have caught on way faster. Was encountering Libra on the battlefield the key to said "enlightenment"? 

Q3 - What is Libra's role in relation to the "Endgame"? It doesnt quite make sense that Yuri draws Ivan (the Reds) to Moscow (to presumably carry out a "Taking Them With Me") and leaves his "superweapon" alone...

Q5 - Given how events developed from "Thread of Dread", would there be teeth-clenched teamwork between the Chinese and Ivan since "the enemy of my enemy is my friend"? 

I'll try to answer what I can, but I'm no Mentalmesiter, so don't expect too much in-depth answers.

Q1a: There is one unit that fits the description, the Chrono Prison, the stolen tech Allies can acquire by infiltrating an Epsilon Pandora Hub. It abducts vehicles with a chrono weapon, the vehicles then "somehow" they are made to join the Allies' cause. Essentially, a Drakuv for tanks.

Q1c: The Paradox can freeze time. Libra can't beat that -yet.

Q3: Yuri's supposedly in Moscow. The Soviet remnants will rush there, gathering their forces in a small area, in a war waged with with localised mass-mind control. What can go wrong. I speculate that once mind controlled, the reds will be sent to Antarctica to attack the Allies' back. I also speculate that whatever Yuri's end goal is (believing that world-wide mind control is just a tool), he knows that Libra is batshit crazy and can't be trusted with anything else than blowing enemies to tiny bits. So he will use her as a tool, I guess, and will try to dispose of her once she's no longer needed. I think it's a safe bet to say that Libra's CAS also serves as a self-destruct, just in case. Unless there's some crazy plot twist, like Libra being his daughter or something.

#1518 Tathmesh

Tathmesh

title available

• Members
  • 326 posts
  •  Degenerate Haihead Main

Posted 11 March 2018 - 01:17 AM

Q1b

I think the hybrid technology was improvisation. It seems like Yuri was willing to sit back and wait until the Mental Omega was completed. 

It was only when the Paradox Engine started steamrolling Yuri's army all the way to Antarctica that he had to think of something quick. 

Q3

I don't think Yuri has a choice. If he stays in Antarctica, the Soviets will come looking for him. The Allies alone have already devastated most of Epsilon HQ; if the Soviets come to clean up, then Epsilon is doomed. 

Remember that in Earthrise, there were mysterious, broken tubes. It's possible that those were Libra clones. Those might be important somehow to Yuri's grand scheme, because the mission made a big mystery out of them. 

I wonder if the Mental Omega is going to be like the Psionic Decimator from RA3, which had clones of Yuriko powering it. Maybe the Mental Omega is a focusing lens for Libra's immense psychic power. The Libra clones might be the Mental Omega's battery. 

#1519 jimyouming

jimyouming
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 March 2018 - 09:21 AM

Can anybody can tell me what is the music when the Paradox Engine arrive in Allied #22 mission (Insomnia)?

#1520 SPCell

SPCell
  • Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 11 March 2018 - 11:03 AM

So, from Obsidian Sands' briefing we find out that it was Rashidi who gave Yunru MIDAS warhead.

As for Russians building Centurion, does that make their Chinese campaign not a failure anymore? In ToD they were targetting mainly for Centurion and they got got both it, buildable cyborg prototypes and EMP technology. This already makes them a formidable threat to Yuri if they indeed land in Moscow in Fatal Impact. There is also a possiblity they can rebuild Cyborg Boris to serve their purposes.

Also I don't understand the exact reason Yunru started an uprising against China. In Thread of Dread main Chinese army was protecting her. Why all of a sudden PLA now sees her as a threat according to Nobody Home's briefing?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users