2298 replies to this topic

#1561 Flandre

Flandre

Saury Hunter

• Members
  • 311 posts
  •  Defense Order

Posted 15 March 2018 - 12:38 AM

Have to say, Thread of Dread, even on Easy and with Save/Load is such a mindnumbing and triggering mission that I was like "fuck it" and used ini cheating. And even then it made me tire out so much, I don't feel playing more today. :V

Wish I know how to do that, but only to reveal the map so I can figure out where to defend.

3qPyjQ8.png

#1562 PACER

PACER

RTS Lorewalker

• Members
  • 547 posts
  •  Much to babble about

Posted 15 March 2018 - 03:52 AM

Have to say, Thread of Dread, even on Easy and with Save/Load is such a mindnumbing and triggering mission that I was like "fuck it" and used ini cheating. And even then it made me tire out so much, I don't feel playing more today. :V

1. Capture the unmanned Driller at the center of the map, then drill to northeast corner and capture the Atomheart, which grants you Iron Dragons.

2. The nukes are powered by the windbelts surrounding them (save the southwest-most one, which is connected to the entire base power grid). Destroy the windbelts with support power and things to stop the countdown.

3. Kirov.

In-game speed vs real life speed?   
Malver in Obisidian Sands?   
Strength-Agility-Intellect subfactions?    

#1563 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 15 March 2018 - 09:37 AM

Huh, didn't know any of that!

#1564 Flandre

Flandre

Saury Hunter

• Members
  • 311 posts
  •  Defense Order

Posted 15 March 2018 - 03:00 PM

1. Capture the unmanned Driller at the center of the map, then drill to northeast corner and capture the Atomheart, which grants you Iron Dragons.

2. The nukes are powered by the windbelts surrounding them (save the southwest-most one, which is connected to the entire base power grid). Destroy the windbelts with support power and things to stop the countdown.

3. Kirov.

Kirov is da wae. *coughs*

3qPyjQ8.png

#1565 SPCell

SPCell
  • Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 15 March 2018 - 07:52 PM

Will we get to control Yuri Prime in Reality Check and Babel?

#1566 JustJoking

JustJoking
  • Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 15 March 2018 - 09:07 PM

I really like how things are developing. The Soviets are going after Yuri in Moscow, and the allies after Yuri's ace in the hole in Antarctica. I like to think the final missions will be this big showdown between the commanders. The Proselyte Vs The Allied Commander in a showdown at the south pole, and Yuri Vs The Soviet General in Moscow.

#1567 Tathmesh

Tathmesh

title available

• Members
  • 326 posts
  •  Degenerate Haihead Main

Posted 15 March 2018 - 10:48 PM

Will we get to control Yuri Prime in Reality Check and Babel?

Probably not. Yuri is raising some death flags.

#1568 Ravenholme

Ravenholme
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 March 2018 - 12:23 AM

So, I have one question about the campaigns, as a relatively new player to Mental Omega making my way through them. Just to clarify, all of the campaigns are canon, right? They're different perspectives on the events surrounding the Mental Omega take on the events of RA2/YR? So the various Act One campaigns happen at the same time etc. (Now I'll go back to dodging the spoilers in this thread because I am actually quite enjoying the writing of the MO campaign and don't want too many of the twists spoiled)

#1569 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts
  • Projects:Renegade X: Firestorm
  •  *intensely rolls around*

Posted 16 March 2018 - 12:36 AM

Yep, all are canon and some mission does take place at the same time. Numbers don't mean much regarding that tho. One faction's 10th mission might've taken place at the same time as another faction's 9th.

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

Visit us in Totem Arts site
(Firestorm is still SoonTM)

#1570 Flandre

Flandre

Saury Hunter

• Members
  • 311 posts
  •  Defense Order

Posted 16 March 2018 - 12:47 AM

So, I have one question about the campaigns, as a relatively new player to Mental Omega making my way through them. Just to clarify, all of the campaigns are canon, right? They're different perspectives on the events surrounding the Mental Omega take on the events of RA2/YR? So the various Act One campaigns happen at the same time etc. (Now I'll go back to dodging the spoilers in this thread because I am actually quite enjoying the writing of the MO campaign and don't want too many of the twists spoiled)

Yeah as what Hande said. It is like similar to Tiberium Wars in terms of storyline, some missions took place in the same. And coop and "espionage" missions are also part of the storyline

3qPyjQ8.png

#1571 Ravenholme

Ravenholme
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 March 2018 - 12:49 AM

Cheers guys, I figured as much, just wanted it confirmed. Thanks!

#1572 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 16 March 2018 - 08:41 AM

Now with Act 2 almost finished, I wonder if someone will make an updated list of the timeline of when missions are taking place. Especially with new coop missions adding more to the Act 1 timeline.

For reference, Midas' timeline: http://www.mediafire...fs4uc043vzg.jpg

Edited by Solais, 16 March 2018 - 08:44 AM.

#1573 Flandre

Flandre

Saury Hunter

• Members
  • 311 posts
  •  Defense Order

Posted 17 March 2018 - 07:27 AM

29339980_2101235543221750_14757939745715

Well that was tiring. Sad that I can't capture this to make the mission easy lol

Took longer as I had to rely on turtling tactics and Kirov blows.... Still the enemy isn't going low on power despite I destroy every single powerplant.

3qPyjQ8.png

#1574 PACER

PACER

RTS Lorewalker

• Members
  • 547 posts
  •  Much to babble about

Posted 17 March 2018 - 08:32 AM

Well that was tiring. Sad that I can't capture this to make the mission easy lol

Took longer as I had to rely on turtling tactics and Kirov blows.... Still the enemy isn't going low on power despite I destroy every single powerplant.

Capturing this Epsilon base grants you almost full Psicorps tech save Dominator and Libra.

This base should have gone low on power (at least on easy). There're two neutral power plants on the northeast cliff which Epsilon forces might capture 

In-game speed vs real life speed?   
Malver in Obisidian Sands?   
Strength-Agility-Intellect subfactions?    

#1575 TheWankBank

TheWankBank
  • Members
  • 236 posts
  •  What am I doing here?

Posted 17 March 2018 - 09:33 AM

Thread of Dread can be beat on mental by rushing with 24-25 kirovs right after the start, luckily the first nuke wave mostly targets psicorps bases, so you have plentiful time to get these kirovs, then rush with them to kill ANY nukes you can, spread them out in groups of 5-6 and attack the 4 nukes all at once, the enemy might be forced to either spread their AA or just target one group of kirovs, this is the way you can kill the nukes, rest of the mission is just defense and slowly pushing your way through.

iy2vXkp.png

Games -

Command and Conquer Red Alert 2/3 and Yuri's Revenge

Command and Conquer Tiberium Wars/ Kane's Wrath/ and Sun

Command and Conquer Generals and Zero hour

#1576 Flandre

Flandre

Saury Hunter

• Members
  • 311 posts
  •  Defense Order

Posted 17 March 2018 - 02:01 PM

Capturing this Epsilon base grants you almost full Psicorps tech save Dominator and Libra.

This base should have gone low on power (at least on easy). There're two neutral power plants on the northeast cliff which Epsilon forces might capture 

Another is there is a Stalin's Fist north next to the Tech Refinery, but sadly cannot be captured but I obviously know that the enemy can deploy that (which is not in my mission) also the Epsilon and Chinese base don't share power for some reason to, as I first cripple the Epsilon Base of it's power to stun it's defenses for good.

3qPyjQ8.png

#1577 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 17 March 2018 - 07:09 PM

I think at this point everyone knows that -some- people got inside the mix files to get the ini files and now all the spoilers those people learned about when reading the string files have been released to public, there's only one question remains to ask.

Spoiler

Edited by Solais, 18 March 2018 - 12:14 PM.

#1578 Speeder

Speeder

#ControlMOre

• Hosted
  • 8,998 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega
  •  Mental Omega Creator

Posted 17 March 2018 - 07:32 PM

No idea.

mainbanner.jpg
bt_left.pngbt_fb.pngbt_yt.pngbt_tw.pngbt_md.pngbt_right.png
115776.png

#1579 TheWankBank

TheWankBank
  • Members
  • 236 posts
  •  What am I doing here?

Posted 18 March 2018 - 07:08 AM

Get a spoiler tag up there solaris.

Edited by TheWankBank, 18 March 2018 - 07:08 AM.

iy2vXkp.png

Games -

Command and Conquer Red Alert 2/3 and Yuri's Revenge

Command and Conquer Tiberium Wars/ Kane's Wrath/ and Sun

Command and Conquer Generals and Zero hour

#1580 Kirov_Fury

Kirov_Fury
  • Members
  • 203 posts
  •  We need more funding !!!

Posted 18 March 2018 - 09:10 PM

What is exactly required to destroy dybbuk nests in insomnia ? It seems sthat ive destroyed all the buildings near the central one and they are still functioning.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users