MO 3.3 // Campaign, Cooperative & Challenge Discussion

• Please log in to reply
2298 replies to this topic

#1761 Fortranm

Fortranm
  • Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 20 May 2018 - 12:10 AM

Why isn't China using its iconic Tan color theme in Panic Cycle and Sunlight? It's even used in The Gardener for Chinese controlled Allied units.

Also, IMHO, it might be better to make each house use its campaign color theme in the corresponding challenge map. For example, Orange for LC in Moltencore, Green for SC in Contagion, and Magenta for HQ in Ascension.

#1762 UNSC THE CHILL OF WAR

UNSC THE CHILL OF WAR

title available

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 21 May 2018 - 09:34 AM

In godsend, can the defenses affected by the sheild command, be untargetable so irkalla is not always attacking them

#1763 Derxwna Kapsyla

Derxwna Kapsyla

The Badman

• Members
  • 175 posts
  • Projects:Too Many To List
  •  Dr. Nitpick von Shitpost

Posted 21 May 2018 - 07:33 PM

But then how would you destroy them?

#1764 UNSC THE CHILL OF WAR

UNSC THE CHILL OF WAR

title available

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 21 May 2018 - 08:08 PM

I mean so that the defenses are not auto acquired by irkalla whilst the shield is up, once it has fallen, it can then be attacked. Like the iron curtain. Units know not to attack IC'd stuff whilst affected.

(Also, in dance of blood, though Libra says nothing, she still does her laugh when promoted. Is this intentional?)

Edited by UNSC THE CHILL OF WAR, 21 May 2018 - 08:09 PM.

#1765 Fortranm

Fortranm
  • Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 22 May 2018 - 05:22 AM

Given the fact that Medic IFV no longer repairs vehicles, it's probably better to give the player an engineer at the beginning of Panic Cycle.

#1766 BotRot

BotRot
  • Members
  • 228 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega English Wiki on Fandom (formerly Wikia)
  •  Mental Omega Wiki Administrator & Contributor

Posted 22 May 2018 - 10:27 AM

Just some stupid lore questions:

1. If Viruses are offshoots of the genetic manipulation project as said in their description, how come they've appeared as early as Act 1? Does that mean Scorpion Cell (since all Viruses were affiliated with them in Act 1) started genetic mutation long before Yuri did, if this is the case?

2. Since PsiCorps Troopers in Act 1 used the original Yuri cameo in RA2, does that mean some of them are Yuri clones? Or is the cameo just there for gameplay purposes?

P.S. Golden Gate briefing mentioned "massive laser shore guns" owned by the Americans that were destroyed preemptively by the Soviets. Would love to see those in-game in the future for community members to use.

hT8PHUN.gif

#1767 Speeder

Speeder

#ControlMOre

• Hosted
  • 8,998 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega
  •  Mental Omega Creator

Posted 22 May 2018 - 10:38 AM

Website descriptions are not exactly accurate. PsiCorps Troopers are not clones of Yuri.

mainbanner.jpg
bt_left.pngbt_fb.pngbt_yt.pngbt_tw.pngbt_md.pngbt_right.png
115776.png

#1768 JustJoking

JustJoking
  • Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 12:50 PM

In godsend, can the defenses affected by the sheild command, be untargetable so irkalla is not always attacking them

Yesss that is by far the most annoying thing in the mission.

#1769 Carpotum

Carpotum
  • Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 24 May 2018 - 03:15 AM

Just to be sure, but Oil Platforms can't be captured, right? I noticed one in the 4th Epsilon mission and while it resembles a tech building, I don't see any way to capture aquatic buildings.

#1770 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts
  • Projects:Renegade X: Firestorm
  •  *intensely rolls around*

Posted 24 May 2018 - 04:09 AM

It can't. They're just decorations, and iirc they kinda damage ships around them upon death

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

Visit us in Totem Arts site
(Firestorm is still SoonTM)

#1771 Carpotum

Carpotum
  • Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 24 May 2018 - 05:04 AM

Yeah, I was going to edit my post with the realization they aren't when I found a smaller one that didn't resemble a tech building at all.

#1772 flack

flack
  • Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 27 May 2018 - 04:58 AM

This may be a bit off topic, but I was wondering how can I improve my mouse screen scroll? I set mine to max settings in game but the screen still moves quite slow.  I see people on youtube with very fast mouse screen scroll to move from one sector of the map to the other.

I also use the keyboard arrow keys to slightly improve the scroll rate, but it is still not as fast as I would like or as fast as in youtube videos.

Edited by flack, 27 May 2018 - 05:00 AM.

#1773 Derxwna Kapsyla

Derxwna Kapsyla

The Badman

• Members
  • 175 posts
  • Projects:Too Many To List
  •  Dr. Nitpick von Shitpost

Posted 27 May 2018 - 05:44 AM

Usually they use and hold right click to drag across the map at a much quicker speed, that should do the trick!

#1774 Terminal Velocity

Terminal Velocity

title available

• Members
  • 251 posts

Posted 27 May 2018 - 12:10 PM

A few things about A08 Wrong Side:

Spoiler

MO2.0 Ares Port (Beta):

https://drive.google...BIYEYXz7u8KCAMr

My maps:

#1775 BotRot

BotRot
  • Members
  • 228 posts

Posted 27 May 2018 - 01:03 PM

Spoiler

Well, many loading screens in the campaign aren't entirely updated since 3.3, obvious examples are Gun Turrets used their old model in 3.0 (I believe Stormbringer was one of those missions), and Gatling Cannons used the original YR model, which was the case in 3.0.

hT8PHUN.gif

#1776 Revan0123

Revan0123
  • Members
  • 99 posts
  •  Former Sith Lord who's stuck on earth, playing Video Games :P

Posted 28 May 2018 - 08:24 AM

Spoiler

2. Yeah, that needs to be fixed.

3. Meisters thought that people wouldn't be stupid enough to blow the Bureau up when you're supposed to capture it.

Edited by Revan0123, 28 May 2018 - 08:25 AM.

#1777 BotRot

BotRot
  • Members
  • 228 posts

Posted 28 May 2018 - 08:36 AM

Some Act Two missions (Obsidian Sands briefing and Blood Rage mission description) mentioned Libra going berserk twice, one instance in Blood Rage and the other is not known. But imo it is possible that the first instance of Libra becoming uncontrollable by her Epsilon superiors is hinted in Earthrise that an experiment gone horribly wrong happened there. How or why it happened, the obvious conclusion is that Libra likely killed her own doppelgangers.

hT8PHUN.gif

#1778 Terminal Velocity

Terminal Velocity

title available

• Members
  • 251 posts

Posted 28 May 2018 - 09:03 AM

Spoiler

2. Yeah, that needs to be fixed.

3. Meisters thought that people wouldn't be stupid enough to blow the Bureau up when you're supposed to capture it.

You may be right, be still, you should get a "Mission Failed" for that.

MO2.0 Ares Port (Beta):

https://drive.google...BIYEYXz7u8KCAMr

My maps:

#1779 Sammy Stallion

Sammy Stallion
  • Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 29 May 2018 - 05:28 AM

I'm signing in to ask if anyone has written guides to this game.  Not just the video walkthroughs; actual text-based guides.  I watched the walkthrough video for "Think Different", and tried to imitate it, but I still haven't been able to beat that stinker.  Possibly, that could be to do with the video walkthrough being made with an earlier version of the mod, and it being rebalanced since.

For the present, I'll take any advice anyone has here on conquering this.

#1780 PACER

PACER

RTS Lorewalker

• Members
  • 547 posts
  •  Much to babble about

Posted 29 May 2018 - 02:12 PM

I'm signing in to ask if anyone has written guides to this game.  Not just the video walkthroughs; actual text-based guides.  I watched the walkthrough video for "Think Different", and tried to imitate it, but I still haven't been able to beat that stinker.  Possibly, that could be to do with the video walkthrough being made with an earlier version of the mod, and it being rebalanced since.

For the present, I'll take any advice anyone has here on conquering this.

Think Different? IIRC all you need is a spam of desolators, with pyros for defenses and a few flak guys to deal with rocketeers and occasional robot tanks. 

You can find guides on the challenges on the wiki. But I'd really like some for campaigns too.

In-game speed vs real life speed?   
Malver in Obisidian Sands?   
Strength-Agility-Intellect subfactions?    

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users