Photo

MO 3.3 // Feedback & Suggestions (Balance, New Features, Modifications etc.)

• Please log in to reply
5127 replies to this topic

#2421 Endless

Endless
  • Members
  • 55 posts
  • Projects:Weaponized Dad Jokes
  •  Disgusting USA main

Posted 06 October 2017 - 05:59 PM

another Blasticade buff idea:

Make the Blast Trench invincible while Blast Furnace still exists.
It'll only get vulnerable when the Blast Furnace had been destroyed or on low power.

Hold my beer, I'm getting the rope to end this once and for all.

Cease or I will have to use D E A D L Y F O R C E

#2422 FELITH

FELITH
  • Members
  • 165 posts
  •  Gimme some smacks

Posted 06 October 2017 - 06:18 PM

Blasticade is just the useless wall anyway. just destroy it before cross it, that idea will fix this problem. for now, it's a waste of time to build it on PVP. 

edit: nvm look like it tougher more than old one now   :p

Edited by FELITH, 06 October 2017 - 06:37 PM.

#2423 FELITH

FELITH
  • Members
  • 165 posts
  •  Gimme some smacks

Posted 07 October 2017 - 08:16 AM

anyway, Blasticade still needs buff somehow. What about allowing other building to place 1 cell around it. this means you can place grids, turret beside it without a base needed.

edit FAQ:
1.Hey, that will break the game. Player will build Blast Trench toward to the enemy base.
well, many of maps have slopes to stopping that. and 1 cell nah, that will take a lot of time.
2.Why don't you just take the mcv to do this job?

I just try to find a way that can make more people use it. and the mcv, yeah that will be more useful than just 1 cell buff if you have time to build it. this just an alternative way of mcv expanding.

sorry for my English btw.

Edited by FELITH, 07 October 2017 - 08:37 AM.

#2424 BotRot

BotRot
  • Members
  • 228 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega English Wiki on Fandom (formerly Wikia)
  •  Mental Omega Wiki Administrator & Contributor

Posted 07 October 2017 - 08:56 AM

The main problem of the Blasticade in multiplayer games is that unlike its counterparts, its deployment is limited (you can't target Blasticade anywhere); it's also purely defensive in nature, and therefore it can only be used in the Foehn base. In PvP where attacking usually matters more than defending, Blast Furnace is not as useful as the rest of its counterparts on the offensive.

Also, it is the only superweapon that requires a player to build something (Blast Trenches) before it can actually work. This means that enemies can hinder the Blasticade power before it even activates by destroying Blast Trenches (but seriously, only AI focus fires on Blast Trenches; they probably think that Blast Trenches should be prioritized as much as other defenses). On the bright side, this does mean that the area of influence of the Blasticade can be "expanded"; not 3x3 or some fixed radius. 

hT8PHUN.gif

#2425 PACER

PACER

RTS Lorewalker

• Members
  • 547 posts
  •  Much to babble about

Posted 07 October 2017 - 01:33 PM

Or just make it cloaked when not activated.

In-game speed vs real life speed?   
Malver in Obisidian Sands?   
Strength-Agility-Intellect subfactions?    

#2426 TeslaCruiser

TeslaCruiser

Elitist condescending prick, Arrogant cunt

• Members
  • 324 posts
  •  mp bot

Posted 08 October 2017 - 01:13 AM

There is an MBT's range suggestion (+0.25). I would like to share some ideas about Tanks in the current state.
Tanks are useful. In some circumstances they are vital.  That said, not all tanks are used often. Some tanks are a rare sight.
First: Fast tanks (speed 7-6) -All epsilon bulldog and cavalier + cyclops-
These tanks are useful. Useful because they can catch light vehicles with ease, useful because they can be sent to the enemy base to harass miners or exploit a weak spot and run away if they find danger. It also happens these vehicles are decent at taking shots for low-hp factions. These reasons make them important in any army comp.
Second: Not so fast tanks (speed 5) -Draco and Rhino-
These tanks... you are better building other things. Early they take building time from miners and aren't really capable of fast actions. And when you are done building miners it is already time to build T2 units. Nonetheless, both are good later because of general good stats and abilities. Draco still a good option supporting sync infantry.
Third: Slow AF Tanks (speed 4) -Quilin and Bison-
Both are amazing and fairly used.
Quilin is slow but can take and deal damage. Even when you reach T3 is a good investment.
Bison special ability is near too good it can be extremely hard to take down in companion of a good composition.

Now, Foehn works much better if you add tanks to your infantry mobs -and some minermites with them- while soviets do just fine ignoring MBTs and building borillos/armadillos. In short, it is not only what the tank can do but how it serves to its SF.

Finally: What happens if we increase the range to 6?
Honestly not much, Fast tanks will become even better at harass work. Not so fast tanks will be pretty much the same as now and when it comes to slow AF ones I'm not sure... but probably not a big variation. ¿Maybe they become death machines since AT infantry gets killed for anti-infantry units before reaching them thus making for an unstoppable push? jk (?)

Edited by TeslaCruiser, 08 October 2017 - 01:20 AM.

#2427 BotRot

BotRot
  • Members
  • 228 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 09:57 AM

These tanks... you are better building other things. 

Oh how the mighty Rhino has fallen....from being the #1 main battle tank worth spamming in every stage of a match (in original RA2) to being an optional vehicle early game in MO....

hT8PHUN.gif

#2428 StolenTech

StolenTech

title available

• Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 10:03 AM

Dracos deserve more love :(

#2429 PACER

PACER

RTS Lorewalker

• Members
  • 547 posts
  •  Much to babble about

Posted 08 October 2017 - 11:08 AM

I'd recommend adding 'deploy' functions to advanced AAs, namely Aeroblazes and Gehennas, to force them to remain stationary.

A single cargo plane or strafing support power can make then leave your base quietly.

In-game speed vs real life speed?   
Malver in Obisidian Sands?   
Strength-Agility-Intellect subfactions?    

#2430 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts
  • Projects:Renegade X: Firestorm
  •  *intensely rolls around*

Posted 08 October 2017 - 11:17 AM

Especially Gehenna, cuz she's trying to both chase the aircraft AND her interceptor

I've pitched the idea to the Discord community, but we're still not sure if deploying can work alongside Launcher logic.

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

Visit us in Totem Arts site
(Firestorm is still SoonTM)

#2431 doctormedic

doctormedic

Giver of Demolition trucks

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 03:54 PM

What would be a good way to nerf the black eagle issue with sniping tech?

#2432 UNSC THE CHILL OF WAR

UNSC THE CHILL OF WAR

title available

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 05:30 PM

Don't play against allieds or Pacific front

Nuke em all!

Build your own black egales and snipe their tech

Spam grumbles

(Serious suggestion) reduce damage to buildings

#2433 TeslaCruiser

TeslaCruiser

Elitist condescending prick, Arrogant cunt

• Members
  • 324 posts
  •  mp bot

Posted 08 October 2017 - 07:12 PM

These tanks... you are better building other things. 

Oh how the mighty Rhino has fallen....from being the #1 main battle tank worth spamming in every stage of a match (in original RA2) to being an optional vehicle early game in MO....

Yeah, well as I wrote they can be quite handy later. Not many people appreciate how good these tanks are. But at the early game, they are too slow to catch light vehicles or avoid AT. Later you have access to other tools to make what the rhinos can't. Yet you are never building more than a few aside from the tankdrop.

#2434 StolenTech

StolenTech

title available

• Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 09:41 AM

could tanks get different build time multipliers depending on the tier ? that could be useful for MBTs, so for example if I have 3 war factories I would get a Rhino tank (say for the sake of example) x1.5 times faster than I normally would while if it was a borillo I would get it x1.0 times faster and so on.

I'd only assume that can be impossible with the engine limitations ?

#2435 FixenFrøjte

FixenFrøjte
  • Members
  • 86 posts
  •  surprisingly underwhelming

Posted 09 October 2017 - 10:13 AM

another Blasticade buff idea:

Make the Blast Trench invincible while Blast Furnace still exists.
It'll only get vulnerable when the Blast Furnace had been destroyed or on low power.

Hold my beer, I'm getting the rope to end this once and for all.

i dont realy see the blasticade as a good support superweapon. id rather have it be replaced with another function. dont know what, but i have NEVER seen the blasticade besides special fortress maps. not even AI build blasticade.

#2436 Damfoos

Damfoos

When world domination haven't cured the emptiness inside

• Members
  • 870 posts
  • Projects:Translation of various cool C&C mods.
  •  Mental Omega Russian Translator

Posted 09 October 2017 - 10:34 AM

AI has no idea how to use such things anyway, what's the point of it building one? Blasticade's problem is that it depends on map's landscape and is purely defensive, while other 3 allow to break through enemy lines and do not depend on the map.

#2437 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts
  • Projects:Renegade X: Firestorm
  •  *intensely rolls around*

Posted 09 October 2017 - 10:46 AM

could tanks get different build time multipliers depending on the tier ? that could be useful for MBTs, so for example if I have 3 war factories I would get a Rhino tank (say for the sake of example) x1.5 times faster than I normally would while if it was a borillo I would get it x1.0 times faster and so on.

I'd only assume that can be impossible with the engine limitations ?

It's not. You can set up build time multipliers per unit. Heroes has 1.5x more time than the cost would usually would take

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

Visit us in Totem Arts site
(Firestorm is still SoonTM)

#2438 BotRot

BotRot
  • Members
  • 228 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 11:14 AM

Isn't it possible for the AI to just activate the Blasticade as soon as it's ready and build Blast Trenches around Tempest Architect, Construction Yards and tech buildings? I wonder what's keeping them from doing such....

I feel like the Blasticade is just underappreciated and underused because it does not benefit friendly units in some way, only the owner's base. I mean, it's the only secondary superweapon that is able to directly harm enemies in the current version (others no longer do so), has the shortest cooldown of any superweapon and when activated, lasts for half of its cooldown (and more importantly, one can deactivate and activate it freely).

hT8PHUN.gif

#2439 ahmed.osama

ahmed.osama
  • Members
  • 79 posts
  •  Visit Egypt as a tourist and don't live in it. you will die slowly...................

Posted 09 October 2017 - 04:17 PM

any news about the upcoming update release.

#2440 pikachu11

pikachu11
  • Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 09:45 PM

It will be SoonTM:) 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users